• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is tempting but I already had my fill with the Wii U version so I don't really feel the need to have it now. I ended up getting Puyo Puyo Tetris instead.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Maybe so. But even with the Switch's new technology, it will be very difficult for them to top the best Smash Bros. game, Melee.
In my opinion, every Smash Bros games are the best in their own way.
And come to think of it, suppose they port Smash Bros Wii U/3DS into a deluxe version similar to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I hope they can include story mode, more stages etc. But I don't think they will called it "Super Smash Bros Deluxe", since they kind of already use that "Deluxe" for Smash Bros Melee's Japanese title "大乱闘 スマッシュ ブラザーズ DX, Great Fray Smash Brothers Deluxe".

And by the way,
Does anyone have a similar video game experience? After watching the video, I have to say I have a similar experience as well.
I have mention this like a lot in Smashboards,
Smash Bros (Melee), was that main gateway for me to enter the gaming world, which also helped me open more gateway to other games. Recent example is Xenoblade, Shulk's inclusion in Smash made me interested to the series even I was salty of his inclusion at first. From then on I am a Xenoblade fanboy. Another famous example of course is Fire Emblem, no doubt it was Melee that made the western gamers starting to pay attention to the series.

I remember when I was a toddler all I did was watching my sis playing Super Mario Bros on a Famicom that I never know it it was the authentic console or not (Chances are it might be a really good fake console), but I do know she was playing the game on the 100 in 1 cartridge. Besides that I didn't really play much Mario or even complete a Super Mairio game. Since my parents were strict so me and my brothers and sisters only get old consoles from yard sale (Super Famicom, N64), and I did later play Starfox 64 which was my most favorite game on that console. My brother and sister played Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War, which was how we met Fire Emblem, but we played it before Melee. Also Kirby, it was a very fan game that we love to play. We also love Mario Kart that I play almost every game except the Super Mario Kart...
If I remember correctly, I played Smash Bros Melee at one of my classmate's house and I win using Fox despite all I did was press Up B... and my sister eventually bought gamecube and Melee.
But even playing Melee, we still stick to the games we are familiar with.
Before Melee, I only know Mario, Pokemon, Fox, and Kirby.
Before Brawl, I only know LoZ, Metroid, Earthbound, Pokemon, Mario, G&W...just all of the Melee reps of course. But Brawl introduce me Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Sonic, Kid Icarus, Metal Gear and many others.

So you can say Smash bros was the game the open the gateway to the gaming world for me, and made me love gaming. Furthermore, it may sound weird but, it was because Smash Bros that made me "stick" to the Internet, paying attention to third parties, but going even more beyond... Smash Bros IPs later on pushed me to gain more interest on other medias.
The video also reminds me of how Gnoggin said that Smash Bros was arguably the game that popularize the idea of crossover. Nevertheless, Nintendo is probably the only company that can make the best crossover game out there with multiple great IPs.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Starfire, Red Hood and Sub-Zero are the first set of DLC fighters.

Damn, managed to guess the first three DLC characters. My friend owes me five bucks now. Satisfied with all three characters, to be honest. Looks like I was wrong for counting Black Manta being out.

Got a pic of the shadows? I couldn't tell who they were
I got you.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Did another summoning in Fire Emblem Heroes, and this is what I got:

Three silver orbs, three chances to get Takumi. And what did I get out of them? Three 3-star units... and I already have those three but as 4-stars.

But on the bright side, I did pull a 5-star Eirika. Looks like I got another sword-user, although compared to my other 5-star swordsmen, Erika stands out with her incredibly high Attack stat and good speed. She's like my four-star Male Corrin, but even better. I'll train her up for now, as well as Est just to get those orbs as part of her quest.

I also finally leveled up my 5-star Azura, Soren, Marth, and Chrom to Level 40, so now I can finally start using them on my team.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In my opinion, every Smash Bros games are the best in their own way.
And come to think of it, suppose they port Smash Bros Wii U/3DS into a deluxe version similar to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I hope they can include story mode, more stages etc. But I don't think they will called it "Super Smash Bros Deluxe", since they kind of already use that "Deluxe" for Smash Bros Melee's Japanese title "大乱闘 スマッシュ ブラザーズ DX, Great Fray Smash Brothers Deluxe".

And by the way,
Does anyone have a similar video game experience? After watching the video, I have to say I have a similar experience as well.
I have mention this like a lot in Smashboards,
Smash Bros (Melee), was that main gateway for me to enter the gaming world, which also helped me open more gateway to other games. Recent example is Xenoblade, Shulk's inclusion in Smash made me interested to the series even I was salty of his inclusion at first. From then on I am a Xenoblade fanboy. Another famous example of course is Fire Emblem, no doubt it was Melee that made the western gamers starting to pay attention to the series.

I remember when I was a toddler all I did was watching my sis playing Super Mario Bros on a Famicom that I never know it it was the authentic console or not (Chances are it might be a really good fake console), but I do know she was playing the game on the 100 in 1 cartridge. Besides that I didn't really play much Mario or even complete a Super Mairio game. Since my parents were strict so me and my brothers and sisters only get old consoles from yard sale (Super Famicom, N64), and I did later play Starfox 64 which was my most favorite game on that console. My brother and sister played Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War, which was how we met Fire Emblem, but we played it before Melee. Also Kirby, it was a very fan game that we love to play. We also love Mario Kart that I play almost every game except the Super Mario Kart...
If I remember correctly, I played Smash Bros Melee at one of my classmate's house and I win using Fox despite all I did was press Up B... and my sister eventually bought gamecube and Melee.
But even playing Melee, we still stick to the games we are familiar with.
Before Melee, I only know Mario, Pokemon, Fox, and Kirby.
Before Brawl, I only know LoZ, Metroid, Earthbound, Pokemon, Mario, G&W...just all of the Melee reps of course. But Brawl introduce me Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Sonic, Kid Icarus, Metal Gear and many others.

So you can say Smash bros was the game the open the gateway to the gaming world for me, and made me love gaming. Furthermore, it may sound weird but, it was because Smash Bros that made me "stick" to the Internet, paying attention to third parties, but going even more beyond... Smash Bros IPs later on pushed me to gain more interest on other medias.
The video also reminds me of how Gnoggin said that Smash Bros was arguably the game that popularize the idea of crossover. Nevertheless, Nintendo is probably the only company that can make the best crossover game out there with multiple great IPs.
Before playing Smash on the N64 I only knew of Mario (including Yoshi and DK) Pokemon, and Zelda...Haven't heard of Metroid, haven't heard of Star Fox, certainly haven't heard of F-Zero or Earthbound...
While Melee introduced me to Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing (through trophies), G&W and Ice Climber...
Brawl introduced me to R.O.B...
Smash 4 to Xenoblade...
Every Smash game has shown me something new as far as Nintendo IP's goes...Though of course it's going to get tougher for Smash to do this since I'm pretty much already learning about even all the obscure series that Nintendo has...

Though it's probably safe to say I likely wouldn't be as big of a Metroid or Zelda fan if it weren't for Smash...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Damn, managed to guess the first three DLC characters. My friend owes me five bucks now. Satisfied with all three characters, to be honest. Looks like I was wrong for counting Black Manta being out.

I got you.
I'm thinking the silhouette farthest to the right might be Zatanna. I hope it's her, anyway. Loved her playstyle in the original, and she's one of my favorite DC characters.

BLACK MANTA HYPE THOUGH!

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Have any of y'all read that Sonic the Hedgehog screenplay that was written in one day by several people and it's about an aging disabled Sonic and would you want to

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm thinking the silhouette farthest to the right might be Zatanna. I hope it's her, anyway. Loved her playstyle in the original, and she's one of my favorite DC characters.

BLACK MANTA HYPE THOUGH!
I don't think it'd be Zatanna, as I feel that releasing a character as DLC twice wouldn't be the best decision. I'm trying to figure out what this is on her silhouette:
I can't tell if it's claws, a tattered skirt, a weird looking sword, or what. My first guess would probably be Mera, but whatever is in that red circle is throwing me off. Can't quite make anything of it yet.

Of course, this one and some of the others could very well be placeholders or trolls. The original Injustice II CSS had fake silhouettes, and the MKX DLC packs had Bakara's silhouette, but it ended up being Alien.

I'm just going to assume that these silhouettes represent the actual DLC characters, though. If any of them turn out to be different, then so be it. Excited to see the rest, regardless.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Starfire, Red Hood and Sub-Zero are the first set of DLC fighters.

Awesome picks - Out of the bingo sheet I've drawn up for DLC, 4 out of 9 were spot-on (Starfire, Red Hood, Sub-Zero and Manta). A tad disappointed about Raiden being teased since I'm not so sure what that would mean for Static, but either way, the first Fighter Pack is lit.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Three silver orbs, three chances to get Takumi. And what did I get out of them? Three 3-star units... and I already have those three but as 4-stars.

But on the bright side, I did pull a 5-star Eirika. Looks like I got another sword-user, although compared to my other 5-star swordsmen, Erika stands out with her incredibly high Attack stat and good speed. She's like my four-star Male Corrin, but even better. I'll train her up for now, as well as Est just to get those orbs as part of her quest.

I also finally leveled up my 5-star Azura, Soren, Marth, and Chrom to Level 40, so now I can finally start using them on my team.
She's a good unit by herself. She also makes a great Rally Bot. She has access to Sieglinde, which gives allies +3 ATK and Hone Spd, which at Lv3, gives +4 SPD to allies. Give her Rally Defense or Resistance and she can give 3 Stat Bonuses to one unit. Pretty good for training units or for those with a Blade Tome.
Also, you got Jagan and Gordin. With Jagen, if you make him 4-star, you can give Fortify Cavalry to one of your other Cavalry units. With Gordin, he has a Brave Bow. So you can give a Brave Bow to one of your Bow users. Setsuna makes the best use of a Brave Bow thanks to her very high Spd, practically allowing her to 4x Attack most enemies.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I got you.
Oh nice. Hoping for Hellboy and Static still
Have any of y'all read that Sonic the Hedgehog screenplay that was written in one day by several people and it's about an aging disabled Sonic and would you want to
Pls send Link. It sounds like the Sonic version of Logan

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Is there anything in Fire Emblem Heroes where you have to wait X amount of time to do something again unless you buy now or can you just keep doing things/grinding forever.
Pls send Link. It sounds like the Sonic version of Logan
Here. It's 104 pages long so it should take you about 2 hours.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So this got revealed:

STARFIRE HYPE!

ALSO LOOK ON THE FAR LEFT AT THE END OF THE VIDEO!
BLACK MANTA! BLACK MANTA'S BASCIALLY CONFIRMED!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So this got revealed:

STARFIRE HYPE!

ALSO LOOK ON THE FAR LEFT AT THE END OF THE VIDEO!
BLACK MANTA! BLACK MANTA'S BASCIALLY CONFIRMED!
Glad to see someone else hyped for Starfire.
Also,
Does that mean that we are going to see Black Manta being attacked by Black Manta on the transition stage on Aqua stage or whatever? Because it would be hilarious.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Glad to see someone else hyped for Starfire.
Also,
Does that mean that we are going to see Black Manta being attacked by Black Manta on the transition stage on Aqua stage or whatever? Because it would be hilarious.
I'm really hoping that's what that means, and I agree on it being hilarious, the sight of Manta beating himself off...Into another section of the stage that is XD. And yes, I intentionally worded that awkwardly

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm really hoping that's what that means, and I agree on it being hilarious, the sight of Manta beating himself off...Into another section of the stage that is XD. And yes, I intentionally worded that awkwardly
Welcome to the awkward club boy.
But yeah, it would be hilarious. Tough, they might do something about it. Since that, in Injustice 1, Manhunter was at first a character in the background of the Watchtower stage, but when he was released as a DLC character, if a player chose Manhunter and the previously mentionned stage, there will be no Manhunter in the background since he is fighting. It was a nice detail that MK9 also had with other character. So I expect something like that to happen in this case if they are not lazy.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Considering nutritional and training differences, do you think a typical UFC fighter of today could beat the best H2H soldier Sparta could put out?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Just be sure to give Eirika a good Special Skill, since she doesn't have one by default. I gave her Ignis (from a spare Henry or Robin I believe), works really well with her.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Green cav unit...I think I'll wait on Walhart, Pheros or SS's Selena to show up to cover that one unless they make Genny a green cav mage for some reason.... Titania with Distant Counter works pretty good from what I've heard. As for Xander, he turned out to be not what people expected so now they're still debating whether Eliwood would be a better mage tank due to his higher Res. I got another Hector whose Distant Counter could end up in a second Eliwood to try something interesting. My Xanders and extra feathers will remain unused for the moment to see if Lloyd is worth using. I hope we get Garon, Walhart and Hardin as Grand Hero Battles soon.
Titania with Distant Counter would be the dream, if only I could manage to find a Hector on this banner. If I did, I would probably keep Xander around as my physical tank, and maybe for countering archers and daggers (though Cecilia does that well enough too, with Gronnraven + Triangle Adept). I don't think like most people, so Xander seems decent enough to me (as would any unit with a strong defensive game, I guess, which is why I like Michalis with lots of Def buffs a lot).

Not really interested in Lloyd, I have enough sword users already (plus the Regal Blade sounds... not very useful, to me. +2 Atk/Speed if his HP is full at the start of a battle. I assume he'll come paired with Sol so his HP will be full for longer than the first round of battle, but eh.).

Though whenever Sigurd turns up, it will be hard for me to say no... hopefully they'll translate Tyrfing's +20 Res into his actual stats, unlike what they did with his son. Or they are true to the actual game instead, and give him a Silver Sword++ as standard. "All enemies surrender on the spot while Sigurd has this equipped." :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Even tough I haven't even find a main or even do everything in GG Xrd Revelator. I'm interested in GGX Accent Core Plus.
I need an adult help guys.

D

Deleted member

*throwing away my not-so-precious time on TV Tropes as usual*
"Apparently, L from Death Note had stopped World War III, when he was just a little boy. "
WHAT!?
Can someone give me context for this? Or is it just as nonsensical as it sounds?
God, I hate people who write vague TV Tropes entries

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
In other news, Ever Oasis still exists.

And it's gonna be pretty good, I'm planning to buy it.
The game really feels kind of like Animal Crossing and Legend of Zelda combined...

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Is it a bad thing that I wish I could bring back myself from 2014 in smashboards again?
I know it's a weird thing to say but I miss flamewars posts and exploding threads

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm gonna miss Cuckney Rocket.
And I was hoping Groot would be his own character, especially after seeing Swamp Thing in Injustice 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom