• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Y'all should be thankful that Americo Vespucio was the one who realized that he was in a new place, otherwise we would be discussing about North Colon, Central Colon and South Colon as a group of continents called "Prebuttland"

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Y'all shpuld be thankful that Americo Vespucio was the one who realized that he was in a new place, otherwise we would be discussing about North Colon, Central Colon and South Colon as a group of continents called "Prebuttland"
wow,ever since I was told I can graduate, thinks got so much more weird here

D

Deleted member

It's not anything new guys.

It's like how people call Englad, the UK or Britain...

and lump Scotland and Wales in there.
They'd be right with UK or Britain though, just not if they called the three England

D

Deleted member

Wikipedia says it's a subcontinent... in Portuguese
In the English page, it says it's a continent.
BUT, the "Continent" page mentions NA, SA and CA as subcontinents.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent#Subcontinents

FINE
GameStops don't exist in 77% of America
Portuguese is weird, you're weird. Central America is just part of North America and South Anerica is clearly a seperate continent.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

HAHAHAHAHAHA This is not a joke, Cartoon Network has once /AGAIN/ released ALL 5 STEVENBOMB EPISODES one week before release on their app
It's out and anyone can watch it
It's like they WANT an excuse to have more TTG on their schedule
Portuguese is weird, you're weird. Central America is just part of North America and South Anerica is clearly a seperate continent.
Your own, stolen, language says the opposite though B^)

D

Deleted member

HAHAHAHAHAHA This is not a joke, Cartoon Network has once /AGAIN/ released ALL 5 STEVENBOMB EPISODES one week before release on their app
It's out and anyone can watch it
It's like they WANT an excuse to have more TTG on their schedule

Your own, stolen, language says the opposite though B^)
Well whoever wrote that wikipedia article is wrong.

And your just jealous that you aren't a REAL American.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I just watched Linkin Park's new music video, my reaction:

Uuuuh, k....

Probably the best song they've released so far for their new album but its still doesn't really peak my interest much...my expectations are dropping for this album tbh...

Also first Gorillaz and now Linkin Park has collaborated with Pusha T for their new albums, interesting...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For any Steven Universe fans, you can now watch the next arc online, and oh man...

Its one of my favorites and I think the last episode is one of the best the series has to offer.

Massive spoilers below:

While the first 3 episodes are sort of slow, I think they are pretty solid and build the plot well. I am mom is fantastic in both writing and design. The way aquamarine outsmarts the gems is brilliant, and she is such an ******* which makes her pretty unique. Definitely a great villain. The scene on the ship really shows how massive steven's actions throughout the show are. That cliff hanger and everyone there watching him leave was done quite well.

And Lars is still on the ship so they both are going to homeworld which we can see with the upcoming episode titles, which should also be really interesting. These are:
Stuck Together,
The Trial
Off Color
and Lar's head.

So we will see Lars have some development here and I think thats pretty interesting. Theres also a potential leaked storyboard that makes it look like Lars dies so that be interesting to see how it plays out.

I wonder how the gems are going to act now. They have no way back to space and no nothing about where Steven could be taken. Pearl and Peridot could build another space ship but I've seen some other ideas.

People think maybe all the gems will fuse and lapis will have wings allowing them to fly to home world, or lapis and peridot will leave and go to space themselves to try and save steven. Or they could renovate centipedeal's ship.

I don't know if any of those happen, but they could. I'm not convinced the gems will make it to homeworld. I think they might have to hope and then after several episodes steven will find a way back.

However if the gems are gonna find a way to make it to homeworld, I hope one thing happens. This is the perfect time to bring back Bismuth. They could tell her what happened and her having respect for Steven and being close to the other gems, would make her want to help them build a ship or maybe even weapons to go fight homeworld, something Bismuth lives for. They could all go then and Bismuth make actually fight too. This would be pretty awesome but I don't know if we will get there, but I hope we do.

Overall this is a really good arc and definitely worth watching, it teaches us that the show is finally showing the gems have to face the consequences of their actions and I can't wait to see where it goes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>My Dad's 50th birthday celebration today
>Thought we were going to a restaurant & bar for dinner
>We actually go to Shellbourne Park (greyhound racing stadium)

Great now I'm being pressured to gamble. I do enough of that in KHUX and FE Heroes.

Not sure how I feel about it though, always thought this stuff was a bit questionable. Doesn't help that there are protestors at the front entrance.

I'll probably just do one or two bets later just so people will stop bothering me. More concerned with getting some food right now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a neat activity. Personal Smash 4 Rosters.

Here are the rules:

Take Smash 4's Roster and remove ONLY the characters who haven't appeared in any game you've personally played. Do not cut anyone who appears in a game you HAVE played. Afterward, see how many empty spaces you have. Take those spaces and fill them with characters from games you have played. Then, post the results.

Some Specifics:
1) Don't be that guy. You can't keep the entirety of Smash 4's roster because you've played Smash Bros. :p
2) I'll reiterate: Even if you don't like the character, don't cut characters who've appeared in games you've played.
3) Cameo appearances are fine so long as it actually is that character. Putting in R.O.B. because you've played Mario Kart DS is fine. Putting in R.O.B. because you've played Super Mario Maker is not fine, as that is only a R.O.B. Costume.
4) Non-Smash crossovers are fine. You can include Ryu and Lucina if you've played Project X Zone 2 even if you've never touched a Street Fighter or Fire Emblem game.
5) Demos DO NOT count.
6) For characters who have multiple versions of themselves, like the Zelda cast, any version is fine. You can use Twilight Link's design even if you've only played Ocarina of Time, or Wind Waker Toon Link if you've only played Four Swords Adventure. You cannot, however, use Midna if you've only played Skyward Sword.
7) This shouldn't need specifying, but things like Mugen or fan games do not count. Official releases only.
8) Obviously, the above also applies to any new characters you add due to free spaces.

Then post your roster!
Here's mine:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario: (Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, etc)
:4dk::4diddy: (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf: (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) :4tlink:(The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure)
:4samus::4zss: (Metroid. Yeah ZSS is kind of a stretch, but Samus appears suit less so for all intents and purposes it counts)
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja: (Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Y, etc)
:4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4robinm::4lucina::4corrinf: (Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Heroes, etc)
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: (Kid Icarus Uprising)
:4olimar: (Pikmin)
:4villager: (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
:4littlemac: (Punch-Out!! NES, Punch-Out!! Wii)
:4ness: (EarthBound)
:4shulk: (Xenoblade Chronicles)
:4mii: (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, etc)
:4gaw: (Donkey Kong Country Returns...thanks, background cameo!)
:4rob: (Mario Kart DS)
:4sonic: (Ugh...Sonic and the Secret Rings)
:4megaman: (Mega Man 2)
:4pacman: (Pac-Man, Pac-Man 256, Pac-Man World 2)
:4ryu: (Marvel vs Capcom 3)

:4drmario: (I've never played Doctor Mario, and Mario never takes on his Doctor persona in any game I've played)
:4fox::4falco:
:4falcon:
:4lucas:
:4wiifit:
:4duckhunt:
:4cloud:
:4bayonetta:

And then, since I have nine extra slots...
:popo: (Yay I get to bring back a veteran...Ice Climber)
Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)
Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening, Heroes, etc)
Waluigi (Mario Kart DS, etc)
King K. Rool (Mario Super Sluggers)
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.)
Maxwell (Super Scribblenauts)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
[Celica] (spot reserved only because I have Shadows of Valentia pre-ordered and fully payed off)

So, what would your rosters look like?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, one my first bet. Reverse forecast and both the ones I picked one.

Probability revision in Maths literally paid off I guess.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Stilp gonna miss Rocket's accent

Will MvCI have an actual plot though like MvC3 (kinda) did?
Yeah, they released a trailer about it too

Here are the rules:

Take Smash 4's Roster and remove ONLY the characters who haven't appeared in any game you've personally played. Do not cut anyone who appears in a game you HAVE played. Afterward, see how many empty spaces you have. Take those spaces and fill them with characters from games you have played. Then, post the results.

Some Specifics:
1) Don't be that guy. You can't keep the entirety of Smash 4's roster because you've played Smash Bros. :p
2) I'll reiterate: Even if you don't like the character, don't cut characters who've appeared in games you've played.
3) Cameo appearances are fine so long as it actually is that character. Putting in R.O.B. because you've played Mario Kart DS is fine. Putting in R.O.B. because you've played Super Mario Maker is not fine, as that is only a R.O.B. Costume.
4) Non-Smash crossovers are fine. You can include Ryu and Lucina if you've played Project X Zone 2 even if you've never touched a Street Fighter or Fire Emblem game.
5) Demos DO NOT count.
6) For characters who have multiple versions of themselves, like the Zelda cast, any version is fine. You can use Twilight Link's design even if you've only played Ocarina of Time, or Wind Waker Toon Link if you've only played Four Swords Adventure. You cannot, however, use Midna if you've only played Skyward Sword.
7) This shouldn't need specifying, but things like Mugen or fan games do not count. Official releases only.
8) Obviously, the above also applies to any new characters you add due to free spaces.

Then post your roster!
Here's mine:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario: (Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, etc)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf: (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) :4tlink:(The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure)
:4samus::4zss: (Metroid. Yeah ZSS is kind of a stretch, but Samus appears suit less so for all intents and purposes it counts)
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja: (Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Y, etc)
:4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4robinm::4lucina::4corrinf: (Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Heroes, etc)

:4drmario: (I've never played Doctor Mario, and Mario never takes on his Doctor persona in any game I've played)

Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)
[Celica] (spot reserved only because I have Shadows of Valentia pre-ordered and fully payed off)

Before I do this, I must ask. Does only playing 10-30 minutes of a character's game count?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Here are the rules:

Some Specifics:
5) Demos DO NOT count.

Then post your roster!
Here's mine:

Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)

Okay let me look at the roster here.

Uh...

Only characters I haven't played a game they're in are.... :4corrin::4lucas::4gaw::4feroy::4wiifit:

Everyone else, I've played...

Even then, I have FE Conquest to play soon and I've played Awakening for Roy.

Still I'll replace them with...

Inkling
K. Rool
Phoenix Wright
Wolf
Snake

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Here are the rules:

Some Specifics:
5) Demos DO NOT count.

Then post your roster!
Here's mine:

Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)

Removed:
:4bayonetta2:
:4corrin:
:4gaw:
:4rob:
:4villager:
Wii fit trainer (forgot initially and on phone so not bothering with icon)
I decided to keep Marth, Ike and Roy since they are in Awakening's DLC, though I've never gotten that DLC pack...

I'm actually kinda surprised how little it was tbh...

-Midna
-Dark Samus
-Crash Bandicoot
-Elma
-Weavile

And the last two spots can go to...
-Ice Climbers
-Snake

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Wow, this one's weird, sounds fun. I now regret having played Fire Emblem games.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4wendy::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario2:
Mario series was obvious, but Rosalina just barely made a pass with 3D World. Never played through Galaxy.
Super Mario 64 DS counts for Wario, right? Just kidding, I played Wario World.
:4dk::4diddy:I have played all but Returns, half of 64, and all of the spinoffs.
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::4tlink:No contest.
:4samus::4zss:Using your excuse for Zamus.
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:Yes.
:4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja: I somehow played the gens with Lucario and Gringy.
:4robinf::4corrinf::4lucina: RIP in spaghetti the actual FE characters that mattered. I know the other guys show up as amiibo/DLC whatever, but I never got any of it so I'm not sure if that counts.
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:Both of the games that matter.
:4ness:RIP Lucas
:4olimar::4villagerf::4shulk::4gaw:G&W Gallery, yo.:4duckhunt:
:4pacman:My first game.:4sonic:Of course. :4ryu:Uh, I'm pretty sure I played Mahvel vs Capcom in an arcade once, it had Spidey in it.
If emulating/only playing like a few minutes of the game counts:
:4falcon::4fox::4falco::4miif::4megaman::4cloud:
RIP to the following:
:4rob::4wiifit::4lucas::4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4drmario::4bayonetta:

And the characters I would add:

Banjo (duh)
Rayman (double duh)
Snake (come on)
King K. Rool
Ridley
Inkling
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Dixie Kong

I got nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are the rules:

Some Specifics:
5) Demos DO NOT count.

Then post your roster!
Here's mine:

Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)

I think my cut vets are the same, except Fox and Falco stay in(I played some SF643D multiplayer) but Shulk, Mr. Gay Men Watch and Meta Knight get the axe(does Dark Meta Knight in Triple Deluxe count?).
So that leaves me with 10 extra slots
Mimikyu(Pokemon SM)
Hector(Fire Emblem 7)
Ridley(Super Metroid)
Impa(Hyrule Warriors)
Elma(Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Wonder-Red(The Wonderful 101)
Shovel Knight(Shovel Knight)
Celes(Final Fantasy VI)
Crono(Chrono Trigger)
Protector(Etrian Odyssey)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Let's see Opopo:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4yoshi::rosalina::4dk::4diddy: (Mario Kart)
:4drmario: (Dr. Mario)
:4wario:(WarioWare)
:4link::4ganondorf::4tlink::4sheik::4zelda:(Twilight Princess, Wind Waker)
:4marth::4corrin::4myfriends::4corrin::4robinm::4feroy: (FE: Heroes, haven't pulled some of them tho)
:4samus::4zss: (I played Metroid Fusion for five mins)
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: (Amazing Mirror)
:4megaman: (MM2)
:4miif: (Wii Sports Resort etc)
:4pacman:(Pac-Man 256)
:4rob:(MKDS)
:4ryu:(Street Fighter X Tekken on my phone)
:4sonic:(Sonic Rush Adventures)
:4villager:(MK8 DLC)
:4wiifit:(Wii Fit)

I'm a fraud.

I'll add every Mario Kart character ever for 100.

D

Deleted member

Here are the rules:

Some Specifics:
5) Demos DO NOT count.

Then post your roster!

Here's mine:

Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)

Personal Roster.png

So I cut Dr. Mario (haven't played any of his games aside from the Game Boy demo in Smash 4, and Mario Maker doesn't count), Wii Fit Trainer (haven't played any of the Wii Fit games), Greninja (haven't played any Pokemon game outside of Gen 4 and one of the Stadium games), and Corrin (haven't played Fates) in favor of Zael, Simon, Snake and Crash. G&W, R.O.B., and Villager barely made it in thanks to cameo and guest appearances in DKC Returns for the former and the Mario Kart series for the latter two.

EDIT: And I forgot about R.O.B.'s cameo in Kirby's Dream Land 3, but that doesn't really change anything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The N. Sane trilogy box art went online today (either that or it's poster art).

6000197134713.jpg

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Here are the rules:

Some Specifics:
5) Demos DO NOT count.

Then post your roster!
Here's mine:

Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)

I've played a bit of every character's game, with the exception of :4duckhunt:

D

Deleted member

Here are the rules:

Some Specifics:
5) Demos DO NOT count.

Then post your roster!
Here's mine:

Decidueye (Pokémon Moon)

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4yoshi:(Various mario games 2D, 3D, and spin offs)
:4wario2:(Mario spin offs, Warioland series, and the warioware series)
:4dk::4diddy: (Donkey Kong Country)
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff:(Pokemon series)
:4rob:(Mario Kart DS)
:4robinm::4robinf: :4lucina:(Awekening)
:4marth:(Shadow Dragon, Mystery of the Emblem)
:4myfriends:(PoR, RD)
:4corrin::4corrinf:(Fates)
:4feroy:(Binding Blade)
:4sonic:(Sonic Generations)
:4pacman:(Pacman)
:4megaman:(Megaman 1-6, Megaman and Bass)
:4bayonetta:(Bayonetta 1 and 2)
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:(Kirby series)
:4mii::4miif:(Wii sports, games that include them as custom characters excluding smash)
:4falcon:(F-Zero series)
:4samus:(Metroid series) :4zss:(Zero Mission)
:4ryu:(Street Fighter series)

:4cloud::4pit::4darkpit::4palutena::4littlemac::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4tlink::4sheik::4shulk::4villager::4fox::4falco::4duckhunt::4ness::4lucas::4olimar::4gaw::4drmario::4wiifit:

Alucard(Every game he's been in except LoS2 and MoF.)
Belmont(Most likely Ritcher, Simon, or Trevor. CV series.)
Master Chief(Halo series)
Arbiter(Halo series)
Shovel Knight(Shovel Knight)
Hector(FE7)
Ridley(Metroid)
Dark Samus(Looks like Samus, but could probably play much differently)
Zero(Megaman X)
M. Bison(Street Fighter series)
Zangief(Street Fighter series)
Vega(Street Fighter series)
Crash Bandicoot(Crash Bandicoot series)
Deoxys(Pokemon series)
Terry Bogard(Fatal Fury)
Ash(King of Fighters)
Rugal Bernstein(Because screw balance. King of Fighters)
James Bond(Goldeneye)
Yoda(Star Wars Battlefront 2)
Samurai Jack(That one GBA game.)
Dio(JoJo PS1)
Godzilla(Many, many Godzilla games)
And there you go, there's my list. : ^ )

Edit: The best part is I edited this post so many times because I couldn't decide on my chosen characters.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
A bit of sidetrack from the current subject but SNK (the game company) got a new anime girl mascot type thing. I'll say I'm willing to going along with. Please Internet, don't ruin this.

D

Deleted member

A bit of sidetrack from the current subject but SNK (the game company) got a new anime girl mascot type thing. I'll say I'm willing to going along with. Please Internet, don't ruin this.

There'll be porn of it in five minutes, at least somewhere on pixiv.

D

Deleted member

Please Internet, don't ruin this.
Breaking News: Highest Levels of Naivety Ever Detected Are Reached After New Anime Girl is Revealed. Scientists Plan on Studying Its Source.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Too late fam; drawing R34 as we speak.

D

Deleted member

Breaking News: Highest Levels of Naivety Ever Detected Are Reached After New Anime Girl is Revealed. Scientists Plan on Studying Its Source.
Irreverent, it doesn't matter, you didn't comment on my thingamajig.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
quotes galore.png

Looks like everyone and their grandma had something to say about this hot issue. Now this is some discourse I can approve of.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Titania with Distant Counter would be the dream, if only I could manage to find a Hector on this banner. If I did, I would probably keep Xander around as my physical tank, and maybe for countering archers and daggers (though Cecilia does that well enough too, with Gronnraven + Triangle Adept). I don't think like most people, so Xander seems decent enough to me (as would any unit with a strong defensive game, I guess, which is why I like Michalis with lots of Def buffs a lot).

Not really interested in Lloyd, I have enough sword users already (plus the Regal Blade sounds... not very useful, to me. +2 Atk/Speed if his HP is full at the start of a battle. I assume he'll come paired with Sol so his HP will be full for longer than the first round of battle, but eh.).

Though whenever Sigurd turns up, it will be hard for me to say no... hopefully they'll translate Tyrfing's +20 Res into his actual stats, unlike what they did with his son. Or they are true to the actual game instead, and give him a Silver Sword++ as standard. "All enemies surrender on the spot while Sigurd has this equipped." :p
He'll just get the same Tyrfing Seliph has in FEH which is pretty bad news. As for Lloyd, it depends on his stats. Maybe a Brave Sword build could bebefit him the most. The real mystery would be Leif.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

There'll be porn of it in five minutes, at least somewhere on pixiv.

This was on their official twitter.

I don't think they care that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom