• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's cute because we basically never see Crash and Aku Aku have any silly, friendly interactions in the original games, despite the fact Aku Aku is the Sparx to Crash's Spyro.
That's exactly why I love it. You get the sense that despite their different backgrounds, Crash being a rejected lab experiment and Aku Aku being a mystic tiki mask god, the two are genuine friends.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Joseph is the best Jojo main character. No questions, no doubts, he just is.

Last edited:
Playing a bot game in LoL right now.

Ezreal always feels so natural no matter how many times I leave him. Always been a cool champion

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now you're reminding me of how an anime nerd in my class has discovered Jojo and is literally babbling on about Jojo at random points, even in the middle of class (must have done it at least 10 times today), and I just-

If I verbally hear the word "Jojo" one more time today I think I'll turn into a Jojo. Like the Bloody Mary curse or something.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Now you're reminding me of how an anime nerd in my class has discovered Jojo and is literally babbling on about Jojo at random points, even in the middle of class (must have done it at least 10 times today), and I just-

If I verbally hear the word "Jojo" one more time today I think I'll turn into a Jojo. Like the Bloody Mary curse or something.
Whoopsies. Sorry, didn't know it was annoying you.
I should've stopped and thought about what I said.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
It's OK, you're not floating around in class like a Jojo pixie...

...now I feel like someone is going to draw that.
...I now have the image of one of the jojos dressed up like tinkerbelle.

And considering what Joseph does relatively early in part 2 that's not a hard image to see.

D

Deleted member

You know the Stoutland guy in the second island on SM? Yeah, **** that guy, he's probably the worst NPC in all of history
"Sorry, you can't go here, I'm looking for items so I can't let you, nor anyone else and thus preventing people from walking around in a public area, walk by the side of the road which wouldn't prejudicate me at all"
I hope he found his own Stoutland's ****

Relevant
FB_IMG_14935783401192842.jpg

Is that a mother****ing Jojo's refedence???

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Is that a JoJo reference?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know the Stoutland guy in the second island on SM? Yeah, **** that guy, he's probably the worst NPC in all of history
"Sorry, you can't go here, I'm looking for items so I can't let you, nor anyone else and thus preventing people from walking around in a public area, walk by the side of the road which wouldn't prejudicate me at all"

Relevant
View attachment 128815
Is that a mother****ing Jojo's refedence???
Is that a JoJo reference?
I overheard a conversation between him and another class mate where they were talking about how there is a Castlevania Netflix series being made and then, no joke, the guy literally said "what, they're making live-action Jojo!?".

He actually has got a problem at this point. :p

D

Deleted member

This is a list of abominations:
1. Alucard not being the main protagonist of more than one Castlevania game.
2. Thinking that IRL Velociraptors aren't cinnamon roles.
3. Being covered in Pizza toppings while having sex.
4. Thinking cute is sexy rather than awesomeness and coolness being sexy.
5. Hating Sinnoh.

@Shishœ is responsible for 4/5 of these, we should ban him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
so lets change the subject to something equally as heated normal pizza vs chicago style other wise known as "We Failed at doing pizza right" because you dont put toppings in the middle of your pizza the word has the direction in its named TOP as in thats where they go
I'd agree for the most part. Though you gotta respect the DEEPNESS.

You didn't watch Part 4 yet though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sina's Glacdon just killed my Carbink
She's making a case for being rememberable now, just not in a positive light.
RIP Benny, you were tankiest of tanks.
Guess Mob will get the Reflect TM.

And speaking of Jojo references, I caught a Lillipup on Route 4 and named him Joseph.
Lillipup is my favorite early-game Normal type so I'm happy with the catch, besides...
>Pickup
Oh yeah boy, things are gonna get wild real quick
2. Thinking that IRL Velociraptors aren't cinnamon roles
Organic killing machines can't be cinnamon rolls tho
Being covered in Pizza toppings while having sex
Jokes on you, I jever had sex
Thinking cute is sexy, not being a badass.
Cute>>>>>Dinosaurs without feathers>>>>>>>any other aesthetic
Hating Sinnoh.
I have 100 reasons for that and they're all justified
It starts with a slower speed than 90% of the Alola dex and ends with the joke-of-a-villainous-team that is Team Gaga

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Nah, not when these guys exist.
Dumb NPCs.png

They're just as bad if not then worse than him.

:094:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just found the funniest video of the week for me. It's a video by JelloApocalypse:

While I'm a huge Pokemon fan myself, I thought this video was pretty funny!:laugh:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd say Team Flare were more of a joke. Team Skull is still my favorite though, since at least they were a funny joke.

D

Deleted member

Sina's Glacdon just killed my Carbink
She's making a case for being rememberable now, just not in a positive light.
RIP Benny, you were tankiest of tanks.
Guess Mob will get the Reflect TM.

And speaking of Jojo references, I caught a Lillipup on Route 4 and named him Joseph.
Lillipup is my favorite early-game Normal type so I'm happy with the catch, besides...
>Pickup
Oh yeah boy, things are gonna get wild real quick

Organic killing machines can't be cinnamon rolls tho

Jokes on you, I jever had sex

Cute>>>>>Dinosaurs without feathers>>>>>>>any other aesthetic

I have 100 reasons for that and they're all justified
It starts with a slower speed than 90% of the Alola dex and ends with the joke-of-a-villainous-team that is Team Gaga
2. Velociraptors aren't killing machines, that's like saying a small dog is a killing machine.
3. Exactly, you did "jever" say that, as in you did.
4. Bad ass bishonen though. Also, small theropods without feathers are like Bishonen with long flowing hair.
5. Wrong. And don't insult Lady Gaga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I've only seen parts 1 and 2, but I can say I fully agree.

Ben Diskin really brought that character to life.
Ben Diskin's voice for Joseph really made me smile, I enjoyed him in that part. Probably helps that he was able to hold a consistent accent better than Johnny Yong Bosch as Jonathan XD. I find it kinda interesting that Part 1 and 2 are the inverse imo: I thought Part 1 had the better villain in Dio Brando, but while I do like Jonathan I found him not that interesting in comparison to Zeppeli. Whereas with part 2, I feel it had the better main hero, but I just found Kars kinda "eh", he was an interesting villain but I just enjoy Dio more. I thought Esidisi and Wamuu were more fun, esp. Esidisi

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll always have a hatred for that old guy that forces you to watch him catch a weedle. And his ****ty grandson in Gold and Silver.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ben Diskin's voice for Joseph really made me smile, I enjoyed him in that part. Probably helps that he was able to hold a consistent accent better than Johnny Yong Bosch as Jonathan XD. I find it kinda interesting that Part 1 and 2 are the inverse imo: I thought Part 1 had the better villain in Dio Brando, but while I do like Jonathan I found him not that interesting in comparison to Zeppeli. Whereas with part 2, I feel it had the better main hero, but I just found Kars kinda "eh", he was an interesting villain but I just enjoy Dio more. I thought Esidisi and Wamuu were more fun, esp. Esidisi
I love that one of the Pillar Men was named Esidisi.

It's such a non subtle reference I can't help but love it.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I love that one of the Pillar Men was named Esidisi.

It's such a non subtle reference I can't help but love it.
I love the music puns in Jojo so much, though some of them took me a while (I didn't know Zeppeli was supposed to be Led Zeppelin, or that Tarkus was an Emerson, Lake, and Palmer shoutout) and some I got right away (Kars is named after The Cars, Wamuu is WHAM, and Esidisi is, well, you know)

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Question: Does anyone know if there's some connection with the name "Roy" and fire? I ask because I just realized how there are a few characters with the name Roy with fire-based abilities: Roy from Fire Emblem, Roy Mustang from FMA, Roy Koopa...Just wondering, or if it's just coincidence

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Question: Does anyone know if there's some connection with the name "Roy" and fire? I ask because I just realized how there are a few characters with the name Roy with fire-based abilities: Roy from Fire Emblem, Roy Mustang from FMA, Roy Koopa...Just wondering, or if it's just coincidence
The name has a number of origins, but one of them comes from Scottish Gaelic, coming from the word "ruadh", which means "red".

So that's probably why.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
now that You brought that up, you got me thinking also. That is weird. Its even bettet the roy from FIRE emblem has Fire powers. he was born into fire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom