• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think Im not going to sell my potentially overpriced diecast, it looks really cool and I don't wanna toss it around to eBay Hell.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My thoughts on the potential Rabbids x Mario RPG...

...eh I'm going back to work

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This One Piece arc had been spewing too many good memes lately, the best one being Ludge.

And sorry if the joke is too soon, but it's so fitting given recent Rabbid news.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My thoughts on the potential Rabbids x Mario RPG...

...eh I'm going back to work
I waited 3 minutes expecting a video to load in that big space between the sentences, now I feel dumb.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A lot of Zelda fans are planning on getting the Japanese voices in the recent patch because the feel the dubbing was bad. Some characters were off (Yunobo being a good example), but I wouldn't say the entire dub for Breath of the Wild was lackluster.

What do you all thinks?
The voice-acting in BotW is rather hit or miss for me. Urbosa and Daruk have fitting voices that match their character pretty well. Revali's is fantastic. You can tell Sean Chiplock put in a lot of effort into voicing the character. Revali's English voice perfectly fits his prideful personality, and Chiplock even does a great job voicing Teba as well. Chiplock is also pretty cool considering how he has started to make guest appearances in other people's videos and streams where he voices Revali (he even has his own Tumblr account where he occasionally impersonates Revali every now and then), and not gonna lie, I'd think it'd be pretty cool if he dropped by this thread sometime and impersonated Revali us all.

Riju, Sidon, Yunobo, Impa, and King Rhoam also had alright voices as well. I think Yunobo's dubbed voice could've been a bit bitter, but I should probably listen to the Japanese dub sometime to see if he really sounds much different from English Yunobo.

Then you got lackluster voices like Zelda in some scenes and Mipha. I think Zelda sounds fine when she speaks casually, but when she gets emotional, that's when her voice acting becomes apparent. Zelda was at her worst with the crying scene from one of the memories, where she didn't sound as emotional as she should be for someone whose plans came crashing down on her. I heard even the French version nailed the Zelda crying scene really well unlike the English version.

With Mipha, you can tell her voice actress tried to do the soft-spoken side to her character, but in the end, the delivery of Mipha's line ultimately came out more forced instead of natural, making Mipha sound rather robotic IMO. I think Brianna Knockerbacker would've been a better pick for voicing Mipha considering that she previously voiced a character from another video game who is very similar to Mipha personality-wise, a.k.a. Sakura from Fire Emblem Fates, and Brianna nailed that character pretty well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sewer or Later looks beautiful in N.Sane Trilogy.

I think they improved the sound effects too and made them sound more like the original.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Late.
"In Latin American"
Jesus.

He quoted my post in a post of my quote.

Run.
You mean Spanish, because "latin american" isn't a language
In short, because somebody else already explained this- yes that's what I meant.
But well, simply because it's better than that filthy English language :p
Oh.

Okay. :4megaman:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Normally I would say an ARMS Direct or a Splatoon 2 Direct, but the last Direct already kind of was that and they've continued trickling out info for both games since.

Maybe it will be a Direct revealing a "mystery game" and then it turns out to be the Rabbids game or something. That's all I've got based on things we already know about.

People on gaf have speculated either a pokemon Stars direct (because pokemon does there own thing) plus the "Look for the stars" merchandise or whatever it's called just announced

That or it's just the direct for E3 getting prepped lol

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Normally I would say an ARMS Direct or a Splatoon 2 Direct, but the last Direct already kind of was that and they've continued trickling out info for both games since.

Maybe it will be a Direct revealing a "mystery game" and then it turns out to be the Rabbids game or something. That's all I've got based on things we already know about.
The NeoGAF thread that started this hilarity is leaning heavily towards Pokemon Stars since this was initially set off by them going nuts over a memorabilia line name.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If it's more Pokémon Sun/Moon but with a different name, then it'll be a boring direct for sure.

If it's on Switch though, I'll check it out to see how they handle that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pokémon Sun/Moon but its a different AU with different characters and different Pokémon, and it clashes with Sun/Moon AU.

Ride that UB theory straight to hell. :4villager:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Pokémon Sun/Moon but its a different AU with different characters and different Pokémon, and it clashes with Sun/Moon AU.

Ride that UB theory straight to hell. :4villager:
sun and moon isnt in an AU its in the Curent universe that started with X/Y the old universe is every gen pre gen 6

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After thinking it for a while; a Pokémon Direct doesn't require a Bingo; their directs are small and simple, unless I can come up with 8 ideas for a Mini-Bingo

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
With regards to a Mario X Raving Rabbids crossover and my overall stance on the Rabbids as a whole -
On the game, not exactly interested with or without leaks, and I'd prefer a Mario X Rayman crossover (Rayman in Smash when...?). As for the crazy, adrenaline-overdosed Rabbids, they were fine for their debut games, but just like the Minions, they started to overshadow the franchise and characters they were originally from and became very divisive in the community as a result.

So all in all, I'd much prefer a Mario - Rayman crossover over a Mario and Rabbids game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm glad Darksiders 3 is being made. Though I'm gonna miss Death. He has a really cool design and voice.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Meanwhile, at NeoGAF Research Lab. . .

Oh a last gen game (MK8), a new ip that has yet to prove itself (ARMS) and Splatoon 2 which may be the only shining light for this system until then. But you're right, those 3 games are worth buying a $400 console for. Get real pal. And I never did mention that Zelda is also a last gen game available on another console. But yeah, a bang up first year. /s
Here come the Nintendo fans.

You still keep holding out hope that the Switch will outsell the Wii and I will be here in a few years time to taste those beautiful tears of yours. :p
That second response is what pushes it into wheeeew territory, but the logical flaws start in the first one.

Like, I doubt the Switch will outsell the Wii myself, but saying this while that last gen game is beating sales speed records for it's franchise and shooting up to the top of the charts is kind of kek. Before it released it was understandable to wonder how much influence a port had, but the answer is pretty blatantly "quite a bit" and someone still decided to roll with the narrative.

Also Zelda and Mario Kart being on another console doesn't really influence much when hardly anyone actually bought the console. :^)

The rich part here is that NeoGAF themselves proceeded to completely rip this guy apart.

I am trying to think of what scares me as much as the idea of the Switch succeeding scares you.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ive been on that train for years. I never hopped off
I don't think it's gonna happen yet, too soon after ORAS and there's usually a gen to break in a console before remakes.

I DO think it's gonna happen on the Switch eventually, though, and I'm practically ready to metaphorically shoot the money at Nintendo with a rocket launcher when that happens.

DPP remakes ARE my nostalgia goals. Full stop.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I actually think it is about DP Remakes.

Please hop in the Sinnoh Hype Train with me.
You can count me in as well. Sinnoh definitely needs some remakes!

Of course, I don't want to get my hopes up too high, because it still might be too early for them to be revealed at this point.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't think it's gonna happen yet, too soon after ORAS and there's usually a gen to break in a console before remakes.

I DO think it's gonna happen on the Switch eventually, though, and I'm practically ready to metaphorically shoot the money at Nintendo with a rocket launcher when that happens.

DPP remakes ARE my nostalgia goals. Full stop.
I dont think its gonna happen for a long while and I surely dont think it will be on the switch But I know Ill have to wait a long time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom