• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I dont think its gonna happen for a long while and I surely dont think it will be on the switch But I know Ill have to wait a long time
Gen 1 remakes were on the GBA
Gen 2 remakes were on the DS
Gen 3 remakes were on the 3DS

Each one happened after the last stopped being backwards compatible with the most recent system and two systems after it came out.

Pokemon is talking about bringing their games to the Switch and has already started HD development of some kind, so I'm pretty sure they're moving to the Switch. While I don't expect it to happen before Gen 8 starts. . .

My general view towards Pokemon on Switch in general is "Sooner than you think and further away than you hope." I feel like it might apply here, too.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gen 1 remakes were on the GBA
Gen 2 remakes were on the DS
Gen 3 remakes were on the 3DS

Each one happened after the last stopped being backwards compatible with the most recent system and two systems after it came out.

Pokemon is talking about bringing their games to the Switch and has already started HD development of some kind, so I'm pretty sure they're moving to the Switch. While I don't expect it to happen before Gen 8 starts. . .
I dont see mainline pokemon games bein on the switch. I mostly see them being on 3DS now and spinoffs are on consoles but thats just me

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I dont see mainline pokemon gamea bein on the switch. I mostly see them being on 3DS noe and spinoffs ar on consoles but thats just me
2D Zelda is moving to the Switch, Fire Emblem is moving to the Switch. Handheld games are starting to migrate to the Switch, so considering it's being sold as a hybrid. . .

The 3DS can't last them forever, and with the Switch being marketed as a hybrid I think they're going to try to ease that in as the successor after they've gotten this year out of it. I can see a B2W2 type situation repeat happening on 3DS this year, but I think those who are cynical about the situation will be pleasantly surprised that it does show up.

On the flipside, I also feel that people expecting Pokemon to happen this year are about to be very, very upset. Pokemon tends to take it's sweet time migrating to a new system. Not just DS to 3DS but GBA to DS as well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
2D Zelda is moving to the Switch, Fire Emblem is moving to the Switch. Handheld games are starting to migrate to the Switch, so considering it's being sold as a hybrid. . .

The 3DS can't last them forever, and with the Switch being marketed as a hybrid I think they're going to try to ease that in as the successor after they've gotten this year out of it. I can see a B2W2 type situation repeat happening on 3DS this year, but I think those who are cynical about the situation will be pleasantly surprised that it does show up.

On the flipside, I also feel that people expecting Pokemon to happen this year are about to be very, very upset. Pokemon tends to take it's sweet time migrating to a new system. Not just DS to 3DS but GBA to DS as well.
I know you are trying but my mind is set in stone. They are free to suprise me but what I think is what I think

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know you are trying but my mind is set in stone. They are free to suprise me but what I think is what I think
Well to concede one point, I definitely think spinoffs are happening FIRST.

I also think that they will be misinterpreted as the only offerings the system is getting and will be raged at by people for it right up until a game is actually announced, so eh.

IMO expecting a Pokken port and a Mystery Dungeon game before anything mainline moves to the Switch. No idea when they'll be announced, but Gen 7 is moving fast so it might be at E3 for all I know.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've seen you call it outright fake numerous times, but I've never seen you respond to this:

That leak proved the existence of the GotG Telltale game before we knew it even existed, as the leak predates the Game Awards by a considerable span of time. It may not have come to the Switch, but that leak credibly proved its existence. How, then, are you sure the Rabbids thing is fake? Release dates/system releases were wrong, but this is content in general, and the leak already proved content existed.
I'm aware that Telltale was right, but I don't recall it being bundled with the Switch rumors.

Regardless of what was right or wrong, I still think the Mario/Rabbids thing is beating a dead horse (emphasis on "dead")

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So you all remember that Fire Emblem Heroes omikuji event going on online?

Well, in today's omikuji event, you can pull Celica, and through that, we have our first glimpse at Celica's Heroes art.

Here's when you get Celica during an omikuji pull. I presume the quote in the yellow box will be one of her voiced dialogues in Heroes.

And here is a better picture of Celica's Heroes art.

Yep, I'm pretty sure this confirms Celica and a few of her people from her army will be in the next Focus event. It would tie in perfectly with Echoes' international release.

D

Deleted member

2D Zelda is moving to the Switch
Wait, did I miss an announcement or what?
Fire Emblem is moving to the Switch.
FE has always been jumping from consoles to handhelds amd vice versa, this is nothing new
Consoles: 1~5, 9&10
Handhelds: 6~8, 11~15

The Switch is not a handheld, it's an easier-to-move-around console

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait, did I miss an announcement or what?

FE has always been jumping from consoles to handhelds amd vice versa, this is nothing new
Consoles: 1~5, 9&10
Handhelds: 6~8, 11~15

The Switch is not a handheld, it's an easier-to-move-around console
It wasn't an announcement, but an interview let something slip that maybe wasn't supposed to, LOL.

Aonuma said the 2D Zelda team was too separate from the 3D Zelda team for them to be joined together, so the 2D Zelda team was making their own project for the Switch that would reinvent 2D Zelda the same way BotW reinvented 3D Zelda.

I'm aware of FE's erratic history, it's just an easier point of reference. I feel like 2D Zelda is the more important point here.

The Switch isn't a handheld or a console, it's a hybrid. I think it's going to start messing with people's expectations a year or so in.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

No. Fire emblem is not moving to Switch at all. Not so sure about 2D zelda stright up moving to Switch but we will see

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No. Fire emblem is not moving to Switch at all. Not so sure about 2D zelda stright up moving to Switch but we will see
There was an announcement for a 2018 Fire Emblem mainline game for the Switch in the FE Direct. Even in the scenario that they continue making 3DS games for it at the same it's already there. The luggage is already in the house, the debate at this point is whether or not it's a summer home.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Well, in today's omikuji event, you can pull Celica, and through that, we have our first glimpse at Celica's Heroes art.

Here's when you get Celica during an omikuji pull. I presume the quote in the yellow box will be one of her voiced dialogues in Heroes.

Yep, I'm pretty sure this confirms Celica and a few of her people from her army will be in the next Focus event. It would tie in perfectly with Echoes' international release.
It also confirms she's a red unit. I'm just HOPING she's a red mage and not a red sword, since we're over saturated with the latter and it'd be harder for her to stand out. Ragnarok special weapon please.

I'm aware that Telltale was right, but I don't recall it being bundled with the Switch rumors.

Regardless of what was right or wrong, I still think the Mario/Rabbids thing is beating a dead horse (emphasis on "dead")
The same leak that brought Mario X Rabbids to light was the same one that had Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy.

Fire Emblem 16 was confirmed for the Switch during the Fire Emblem Direct.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sewer or Later looks beautiful in N.Sane Trilogy.

I think they improved the sound effects too and made them sound more like the original.

I have to agree with some of the people saying the lighting looks kind of off.

Regardless, everything else we see from this game looks fantastic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Fire Emblem Villager and Pokemon Trainer Ike look pretty sweet.
Fox becoming vulpix made me laugh so hard.

As for the direct rumor, I was going to post it last night but couldn't find sources.

I want it to be Pokemon if it happens, but I really don't think it will be, but who knows.

in other news, I pulled a second Ryoma today and Kaegoro absolutely wrecked Xander's entire challenge. Pretty easy Grand Hero battle which is odd as he seems to be one of the better units.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Not gonna lie, the more and more I see Celica, the more and more I love her design. She's super pretty. 10/10 would S-Support except Shadows of Valentia doesn't let you because it's a manly game where waifu**** ain't allowed

I might consider saving Orbs to pull for her, that FE Heroes artwork is perfect.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lmao. Why would Nintendo continue to make any games for the 3DS after Kirby? Pokémon is going to the Switch. Like I don't understand why people think otherwise

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Crap. The site was moving slow for me for a bit.

I'm hoping that after Strife's game they'll have one where all Four of the Horsemen are playable.

Hell yeah, that'd be great. Strife could be cool too, given he's supposed to be a gunner.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I cam across this and it is now my head cannon. The kids are then trained to join Captain Planet.

Mind blown.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't think it's gonna happen yet, too soon after ORAS and there's usually a gen to break in a console before remakes.

I DO think it's gonna happen on the Switch eventually, though, and I'm practically ready to metaphorically shoot the money at Nintendo with a rocket launcher when that happens.

DPP remakes ARE my nostalgia goals. Full stop.
Super late but.

There's a thing that goes against DPPt on Switch; The PokéTech, the in-game device that was created to fully use the dual screen. While a HUD on the bigger Switch screen to access the device can do the thing, it would not be the same and might be impractical.

If DP goes to the Switch, what is the companion game of SM?; Stars?, S2M2? The devs tend to not include Move Tutors in the first games of the gen to include them on the following one. Not include the complements lead to isolation of the first game, specially if they pull the Switch jump.

Also, Alola Forms, Pokémon with this variation cannot have their non-Alola form born from an egg in SM, but in another game with another region they could. Forgot the Everstone, **** me.

There'll be at least one more core game in the 3DS (may or not may be DP, but considering it got released +10 years ago, it has a good chance) before they pack it up to the Switch imo.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lmao. Why would Nintendo continue to make any games for the 3DS after Kirby? Pokémon is going to the Switch. Like I don't understand why people think otherwise
Normally I'd 100% say the same, but there's at least precedence with Pokémon taking longer to transfer over, especially mid-generation. Like, B2W2 by all means should have been a 3DS title, but GameFreak stuck to the DS until they couldn't any longer. Same with Emerald in the GBA>DS transition.

It could go either way, especially with the Stars rumor, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm kind of baffled myself. For some reason the concept of a hybrid is really hard for the gaming community to grasp.

I can see Nintendo making a couple of games for the 3DS I.E. maybe one more Pokemon as far as big ones go and then some things like that Mario & Luigi game that leaked, but the 3DS has been around a really long time and Nintendo wants to market the Switch as a handheld as well as a console.

Not that Nintendo doesn't have some concerns about the Switch managing as a handheld themselves that are currently being answered by the 3DS, but they can only keep the 3DS going so long and I'm getting the feeling they're going to try and see if they can get the Switch to cover for it first before making any pure handheld designs go past a prototype. So far the Switch is doing fine for itself, so the single Nintendo system concept seems like it has a high chance of happening if it keeps going IMO.

Super late but.

There's a thing that goes against DPPt on Switch; The PokéTech, the in-game device that was created to fully use the dual screen. While a HUD on the bigger Switch screen to access the device can do the thing, it would not be the same and might be impractical.

If DP goes to the Switch, what is the companion game of SM?; Stars?, S2M2? The devs tend to not include Move Tutors in the first games of the gen to include them on the following one. Not include the complements lead to isolation of the first game, specially if they pull the Switch jump.

Also, Alola Forms, Pokémon with this variation cannot have their non-Alola form born from an egg in SM, but in another game with another region they could.

There'll be at least one more core game in the 3DS (may or not may be DP, but considering it got released +10 years ago, it has a good chance) before they pack it up to the Switch imo.
If the 3DS gets another core game, I'm expecting the third version, yeah.

Of course, it might not necessarily get one, but usually if there's Mythicals some of them get their announcement stalled to remakes anyway. The one Mythical we have is ALREADY announced, so either another Alola game is happening ASAP or they're just going to drop precedent altogether and gun it for Switch Gen 8.

There's literally been only one game between the last remake and now. I don't think they're gonna rush it.

Poke'tch is a bit of a puzzle, but it's a minor enough detail that I can see them finding away around the issues in order to implement it properly. Sooner or later they're going to be stuck with a remake in their laps that can't replicate everything. That's assuming it even needs to be there, of course. Not like they haven't had you constantly flipping open and closed maps to check for roaming legendaries before, in both games before and after DPP.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Game Freak is a company that doesn't do a step without wearing a guarache.
They need to be sure the newest console is fully established before going to it; yes, Pokémon is a system seller but in this case is a new hybrid console, that has problems to meet its demand ("How we can sell a bazillion copies of Pokémon if the console doesn't have enough supply?").
Until they see everything is stable and consider people is willing to play a core game in a big portable $300 console (also taking in consideration battery life) instead of a smaller $100-150 one and there's enough of these people, they'll do the switch to the Switch.

Sure, they have interest in the console, but we don't know if they have full confidence yet.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Like....wow ok.. Im just saying what Im thinking, whats the hostility about here?
Sorry, sorry. . .:urg:

Just. . .spending a bit too much time watching NeoGAF like a fishbowl. Too many people eager to throw the Switch under the bus because they think it's solely one thing or solely another.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Game Freak is a company that doesn't do a step without wearing a guarache.
They need to be sure the newest console is fully established before going to it; yes, Pokémon is a system seller but in this case is a new hybrid console, that has problems to meet its demand. Until they see everything is stable and consider people is willing to play a core game in a big portable $300 console (also taking in consideration battery life) instead of a smaller $100-150 one and there's enough of this people, they'll do the switch to the Switch.
That's pretty much what they've said, actually, although leaning a bit more into them changing what they're doing slightly than the console proving itself.

They're waiting to see what the people on the system are looking for out of a Pokemon game before making it.

They're also fussing about how the Switch is a type of system they're not used to making games for and that they'll need to do things differently in order to work on it. Gives me the impression of someone that's kind of stuck moving eventually but isn't entirely happy about it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I want to make a kart racing game that's more ridiculous than Mario Kart.

Have racers from everything from video games to movies, tv shows, cartoons, anime, etc.

If you can think of anything from these it'd be in the game.. possibly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Have racers from everything from video games to movies, tv shows, cartoons, anime, etc.

I would expect a gyn to show up as a weapon in that for some reason

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

*pulls "Anime Tigger" from pile of forgotten insanefic ideas*

Just how ridiculous are we talking?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would expect a gyn to show up as a weapon in that for some reason
What is a gyn?

*pulls "Anime Tigger" from pile of forgotten insanefic ideas*

Just how ridiculous are we talking?
Well it would go from normal stuff like Captain Falcon and Sonic, but then also **** like Barney, Big Bird, Heisenberg and Pepsi Man.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What is a gyn?

Well it would go from normal stuff like Captain Falcon and Sonic, but then also **** like Barney, Big Bird, Heisenberg and Pepsi Man.
*contemplates in an attempt to come up with ideas*

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny seems like it has a good cross-section for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom