• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Kotaku claims to have been sent art assets for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Also apparently the character roster is 8 characters - Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach - and the remaining 4 are Rabbids dressed up as them (meaning this game has the worst crossover roster in history).

http://kotaku.com/source-the-rumored-mario-x-rabbids-rpg-is-real-coming-1794849712
>anonymous source sends only "art assets" and details, in a day and age where we can be fooled by a fanmade Rayman Smash 4 render
>sent to Kotaku, of all journalist sites
>Neither Nintendo nor Ubisoft were able to comment

something smells rotten in the alamo

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't think this Mario/Rabbids thing is real.

We're talking about a rumor that originated from a set of "leaks" months ago from "reliable sources" that was not only dead wrong but also called a real leak fake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you want me to screenshot our convos and show them to the thread?
*gulp* ...Nah, I'm good.

Unless you want the rumor to spread even more, because you're not helping

But that's what it is, just shorter
Latin America is still America
Calling it "Latin American" is wrong hecause that's not a language
Well, the thing is though that he wasn't talking about the langauge, he was talking about the Latin America translation, which is different from the Spanish one.(It's like how sometimes a localization for the US is different from a UK one.)

Also, AMERICA FIRST!!!

D

Deleted member

I like Nintendo games, want nothing to do with Rabbids.

Fates in general seems to have been designed to be played on Hard, Normal is just too easy, specially with all the Skill removals

Which chapter are you in? Chapter 10 is where it really begins to show the great map design.
Conquest is a game who favors Player Phase over Enemy Phase so it's good to get used to being able to kill most enemies on your turn.
Earpy on it translates to "if you don't kill these now, they'll gang up on you later" and there's not a single unit who can be simply put in the middle of a bunch of enemy units and get out alive while killing them.
Later on, maps punish you with its mechanics like Ch.24 where you'll NEED to kill those Pegasus before they can get to you
Chapter 15 at the moment. The one where you flee or fight in 16 turns, think Chapter 13, was such a difficult one for sure. I feel like I get smarter with my tactics for FE with each of these I beat. It's really rewarding, so yeah, I definitely agree with what you're saying.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ask that because I assume it's not a fighting game. Of course it's not going to have the roster size of most crossover games because most are fighting/sports games.
It's not even the size, it's what they did with it.

Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach are the most uninteresting and bland choices you could pick for a game like this (as well as Toad and Bowser but they're not even playable it seems) because you absolutely expect them in ANY Mario spin-off, so to have them be the only Mario characters you can play as is just bland and boring. It's acceptable in main series games but really not appealing in spin-offs, since that's supposed to be where we can expect characters like Wario and Waluigi to shine since they don't appear in the main series titles.

That's why I think they should have had 4 more Mario characters, and have them be playable in the main story or whatever.

Then have a "Team Mario VS Team Rabbids" multiplayer mode where Team Rabbids has Rabbids versions of the Mario characters with the same abilities/stats, effectively making it similar to the "Red Team VS Blue Team" distinction in games like Team Fortress 2.

Making the Rabbids versions of the Mario characters into standard characters with possibly their own stats and abilities seems like a waste of resources in my opinion since the Rabbids aren't really "characters" in any sense of the word - they're closer to Toads and Lumas where they are these general character races that have a specific vibe and feel to them - and even that's stretching it because Toads and Lumas at least have some specific instances of actual characters (e.g. Captain Toad, Toadette, Polari, Lubba), while I'm not sure that Rabbids do (I'm admittedly not well informed on the intricacies of Rabbids lore, though).

Of course I'm already speculating far too much on a game that may not even exist so I think I'll just shut up here.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I thought there was another rumor that said the roster would be bigger?
Calling bs on at least this specific 4-char rumor, and that's if the game exists in more than the hivemind of leaker jokes

D

Deleted member

Oh god, Rabbids
I'll never understand the appeal of "dumb species weird creature" that they and the Minions have
And that new McDonald's mascot, if they still use it, but it's not nowhere as intrusive
*gulp* ...Nah, I'm good.

Unless you want the rumor to spread even more, because you're not helping

Well, the thing is though that he wasn't talking about the langauge, he was talking about the Latin America translation, which is different from the Spanish one.(It's like how sometimes a localization for the US is different from a UK one.)

Also, AMERICA FIRST!!!
I know they have differences, but it's still the same language
Calling it "Latin American" is wrong because it's actually the Spanish that's used in LA with certain dialects that differ from the original one from Europe and thus it's called "American Spanish"
I like Nintendo games, want nothing to do with Rabbids.

Chapter 15 at the moment. The one where you flee or fight in 16 turns, think Chapter 13, was such a difficult one for sure. I feel like I get smarter with my tactics for FE with each of these I beat. It's really rewarding, so yeah, I definitely agree with what you're saying.
Try to get as many stat boosts as you can on that chapter, you'll want them
The upper part is easy enough and you should have your units parked at the exit so if anything goes wrong while the ones at the bottom try to get to the boss, you can just end the map

D

Deleted member

I know they have differences, but it's still the same language
Calling it "Latin American" is wrong because it's actually the Spanish that's used in LA with certain dialects that differ from the original one from Europe and thus it's called "American Spanish"
That has nothing to do with what I said though, I said that he's referring to Latin America as a region, not a language. Because regionally the dub is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That has nothing to do with what I said though, I said that he's referring to Latin America as a region, not a language. Because regionally the dub is different.
He wasn't tho
Latin America spanish
Let's ignore everything about the leak but why would Nintendo or Ubisoft EVER respond to a leak like this.

They obviously aren't going to say "yeah it's real you got us."
Remember when Nintendo confirmed the ESRB leak and everyone just stopped denying it and then world peace was achieved?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I started this dub talk and now I got confused by it.
Well done Manhandla.

D

Deleted member

To those who thought chemistry made sense and decided to turn it into a school subject: go **** yourselves, I hope you had miserable lives
think of it like Japanese in different prefectures. Its all Japanese but its also different dialects
That's what I've been saying this entire time though

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
and thats how itnis with spanish, same language, different way of talkin, different name to seperate it from other spanishes. Prefectures in Japan also have different names for their type of Japanese aka Osaka-ben like how the different spanishes and different portugese has different names

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Kotaku claims to have been sent art assets for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Also apparently the character roster is 8 characters - Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach - and the remaining 4 are Rabbids dressed up as them (meaning this game has the worst crossover roster in history).

http://kotaku.com/source-the-rumored-mario-x-rabbids-rpg-is-real-coming-1794849712
Please.... do not let this game be true. Why would they even incorporate the Rabbids with Mario? The only way I'd accept anything like this is if Rayman can join Mario's side and get revenge on these annoying animals for making him less relevant. If that were the case, then I might feel better about all this... but if that's not the case, I'd rather have the game not exist.

No offense to those who like the Rabbids; that's just how I feel about them.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Please.... do not let this game be true. Why would they even incorporate the Rabbids with Mario? The only way I'd accept anything like this is if Rayman can join Mario's side and get revenge on these annoying animals for making him less relevant. If that were the case, then I might feel better about all this... but if that's not the case, I'd rather have the game not exist.
This game is a bad case of misconstruing what people want. Throwing Mario in tries to make it cater to Nintendo fans which is fine but most Nintendo fans are more fond of Rayman than the Rabbids, they throw in the Rabbids to cater to the kids but the Rabbids are annoying to most others, and then they throw that into a Strategy RPG which alienates the kids because that's not what they're interested in.

Like really? Why does this game need to exist? If it's really just here to make people go wow that's different then they're doing this wrong. Rabbids x Mario with laser guns in a Strategy RPG of all things is just about the dumbest pitch for a game possible. If all this comes true I highly doubt I'll be interested in the game in the slightest and I doubt I'll pick it up. Nothing about it is attractive to me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Some people dig the Rabbids (like me) and also dig Mario, screw those dudes right?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

oh yeah, forget the people who wouldnt mind this game exsisting becausse its bad already even though its not even proven to be real

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Some people dig the Rabbids (like me) and also dig Mario, screw those dudes right?
oh yeah, forget the people who wouldnt mind this game exsisting becausse its bad already even though its not even proven to be real
I'm not trying to tell people who like the series to not like this game or be excited for it; I just personally (and I mean personally) do not want it to happen and I would be one of the people who would be opposed to this game if it ultimately turned out to be true.

I insist that you guys support it if you really are excited for the game (if it again turns out to be ultimately true and is real), but again, I'll be one of those people who won't be very interested in it. That is simply my opinion on the matter.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If Rabbids + Mario is real that means Nintendo and Ubisoft are closer.
Now lemme grasp a straw: Increases the chances of Rayman in Smash.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If Rabbids + Mario is real that means Nintendo and Ubisoft are closer.
Now lemme grasp a straw: Increases the chances of Rayman in Smash.
I suppose there is that possibility, but... if Rayman doesn't appear at all in this game, then I'm not sure it would impact his chances much despite this possible closer connection between the two companies. I really do want Rayman as much as anyone else who does, but he'd have to make a significant appearance in the game for me to think of his chances being better. If its just the Rabbids and there's not even a cameo for Rayman at the very least, then that pretty much rules it out in my eyes. Feel feel to agree or disagree with that assumption, though.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly, I don't really care either way if the Rabbids crossover happens. I'm not invested enough in an opinion of either set of characters to have a stake and no one's forcing me to buy it, so if it happens I'll just leave the market to sort it out for themselves. Worst thing about it is the fact that I have to listen to everyone else be stressed out, but it's not like Nintendo's dev teams are even the ones working on this so it doesn't really reflect on Nintendo for me in any way other than that they're more willing to lend out their IP now, which I'm fine with.

Really, due to just how many things I like get trashed constantly the sheer amount of rage over it just makes the contrarian inside of me more and more OK with the game. At this point I might actually be a bit happy if it existed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still don't think this Mario/Rabbids thing is real.

We're talking about a rumor that originated from a set of "leaks" months ago from "reliable sources" that was not only dead wrong but also called a real leak fake.
I've seen you call it outright fake numerous times, but I've never seen you respond to this:

That leak proved the existence of the GotG Telltale game before we knew it even existed, as the leak predates the Game Awards by a considerable span of time. It may not have come to the Switch, but that leak credibly proved its existence. How, then, are you sure the Rabbids thing is fake? Release dates/system releases were wrong, but this is content in general, and the leak already proved content existed.

D

Deleted member

To those who thought chemistry made sense and decided to turn it into a school subject: go **** yourselves, I hope you had miserable lives

Chemistry makes perfect sense, you're just an edgy weeb that thought he'd learn about relationships in chemistry class.

D

Deleted member

and thats how itnis with spanish, same language, different way of talkin, different name to seperate it from other spanishes. Prefectures in Japan also have different names for their type of Japanese aka Osaka-ben like how the different spanishes and different portugese has different names
Why are you telling me this? This is exactly what I've been saying this whole time
Well, that and waffles and sadness but that is another matter.
Same, except the waffles
Also, me thinking that'll never get in an university because I'm an idiot
Chemistry makes perfect sense, you're just an edgy weeb that thought he'd learn about relationships in chemistry class.
HOW THE HELL DOES 1+2=1 MAKE ANY SENSE, YOU EDGELORD???

D

Deleted member

Why are you telling me this? This is exactly what I've been saying this whole time

Same, except the waffles
Also, me thinking that'll never get in an university because I'm an idiot

HOW THE HELL DOES 1+2=1 MAKE ANY SENSE, YOU EDGELORD???
1 = you
2= your crush

1 + 2 = You being alone.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Some people dig Rayman and have wanted to see him and Mario crossover for decades, if the game is exactly what the 'leaks' say it is then Ubisoft is literally saying 'Screw those dudes' to all of those people. That's leaving the fact alone that the Rabbids spun off from Rayman and will probably not even be featured in the game at all. So excuse me for feeling like this is a real kick in the teeth to Rayman fans but in my opinion it feels that way.
It's not that the game is inherently bad it's that the singular pitch of the idea of the game is bad. Literally who said 'We should make Mario team up with Rabbids to fight MOAR Rabbids with sci-fi laser guns in a Strategy RPG' and who approved of that? Unless Michael Ancel is directing the game, whom is a star in wacky comedy, the game will almost definitely fall flat in the comedy department with it being completely eclipsed with the constant 'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH' of the Rabbids that appeals nearly entirely to children and the game won't hold the attention of children for very long as its a Strategy RPG.

If anyone thought pop-star Shin Megami Tensei/Persona with Fire Emblem characters was a bad idea, whoo boy, they're definitely going to raise eyebrows over this cluster**** of an idea. That's not saying the game will be bad. TMS wasn't a bad game either but the concept of that game itself alienated a lot of its potential fans, me being one, I couldn't care less about TMS because I'm not into J-POP which is what that game is heavily based around and that's exactly what this Rabbids Crossover game will probably do to me as well. I'm alienated from Mario x Rabbids because of the Rabbids and the lack of Rayman. To each their own but all in all, unless they show something super spectacular at E3 on the game then I doubt I'll change my mind and I doubt I'm the only one with this mindset.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guise stop; we already know 1+2= 3/4 of a Fish.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom