• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So the Switch version of Yooka Laylee will be the superior version. Not that there's anything wrong with it, as long as they fix the issues the PC/Xbone/PS4 versions had.

http://nintendoeverything.com/playt...ka-layee-as-work-on-switch-version-continues/
I wonder if websites will rereview the game when it comes to Switch. If that happens the score for the Switch version may end up being generally lower. If that doesn't happen the Switch version will be unfairly higher. Of course, there's always the possibility that they'll just slap the score from the XBOne and PS4 versions on there because of laziness.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oi, listen, you're gonna play BotW with the Latin America dub and you are gonna like it. :067:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, damn Darksiders 3 looks really promising! It actually has a female lead this time.
Although, I do wish they would have went with Famine instead of Fury but maybe this will do well enough to warrant 4 and thus have Famine as the protagonist.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well, damn Darksiders 3 looks really promising! It actually has a female lead this time.
Although, I do wish they would have went with Famine instead of Fury but maybe this will do well enough to warrant 4 and thus have Famine as the protagonist.
They've already established the Four Horsemen in Darksiders. A fourth game would have the main protagonist be Strife.:4cloud:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wonder if websites will rereview the game when it comes to Switch. If that happens the score for the Switch version may end up being generally lower. If that doesn't happen the Switch version will be unfairly higher. Of course, there's always the possibility that they'll just slap the score from the XBOne and PS4 versions on there because of laziness.
Non-specific (...heh) games journalism sites likely won't review the Switch version unless it has actually different content and mechanics, or if it is renamed in any way. Nintendo-specific websites will obviously review it, though.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

tl;dl you have no power here

If I am to enjoy my most certainly not Trap Link play through experience, I must know what's being said!
The audio changes, but the subs remain in english. :v

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Marie deals with her depression by joining Mario Kart.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Irrelevant. :4mario:

But really- what's so special about it being in Latin American?
"In Latin American"
You mean Spanish, because "latin american" isn't a language

But well, simply because it's better than that filthy English language :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Where were you when GameXplain: Civil War happened?

Are you #TeamAndre or #TeamAsh?

I'm #TeamAndre, which is weird since he's my least favourite GX member usually. He's got the best head for these matters though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I'm #TeamAndre, which is weird since he's my least favourite GX member usually. He's got the best head for these matters though.
i kinda need context of what happend. What got them heated

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

all honesty, andres pretty backwards on dlc and is afraid people cant think for themselves, and if that wasnt his intent then he sure as hell didnt make it seem that way

D

Deleted member

"In Latin American"

To be fair Latin American Spanish does have differences, but that doesn't make it a different language.

It'd be like saying that people from the USA don't speak English, they speak American.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i kinda need context of what happend. What got them heated
The discussion starts with them going through the details of the DLC as normal and just giving general impressions, but at the end of that part (about halfway through the video), Andre expresses discontent with the DLC and some of it's contents (the QoL features) being sold for money rather than being a free update like most games would treat those features. Ash argues against that and then a debate/hilarity ensues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"So Youtube, what you got for me today?"
>Hourou Musuko video on subscriptions box
Oh, oh no, the memories, they're flowing in and so are my tears
I was gonna share it anyways because I love this show(even if it shoots itself with its ending) and the analysis is great but with how Pedantic wants to get such a video out there, I really HAVE to leave it here.
With the importance of representation and how beautifully the show presents itself, I'd like for people to watch this if they could.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"In Latin American"

I like to call it Latin American to distinguish it from the Spanish from Spain; specially because many dubs from Spain are known due their lack of quality and hilariously bad voice acting.

I may be biased with the LA dub because Im mexican but the dub of Zelda is really that good.

D

Deleted member

"So Youtube, what you got for me today?"
>Hourou Musuko video on subscriptions box
Oh, oh no, the memories, they're flowing in and so are my tears
I was gonna share it anyways because I love this show(even if it shoots itself with its ending) and the analysis is great but with how Pedantic wants to get such a video out there, I really HAVE to leave it here.
With the importance of representation and how beautifully the show presents itself, I'd like for people to watch this if they could.
And you think I'm weird, that's a pretty weird show.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

Kotaku claims to have been sent art assets for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Also apparently the character roster is 8 characters - Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach - and the remaining 4 are Rabbids dressed up as them (meaning this game has the worst crossover roster in history).

http://kotaku.com/source-the-rumored-mario-x-rabbids-rpg-is-real-coming-1794849712
Playable character roster or just characters in general? Because those two are very different things.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Playable character roster or just characters in general? Because those two are very different things.
"Roster" generally only refers to playable characters, so yes, playable.

Though I doubt we'll see any other characters besides Bowser, Toad, and maybe Wario and Waluigi (they're not a certainty by any stretch but I think they should be in this game because they're wacky and over the top cartoony, not unlike the Rabbids).

Maybe we'll get a Rayman cameo if Ubisoft is feeling generous.

D

Deleted member

I like to call it Latin American to distinguish it from the Spanish from Spain; specially because many dubs from Spain are known due their lack of quality and hilariously bad voice acting.

I may be biased with the LA dub because Im mexican but the dub of Zelda is really that good.
Just say "American Spanish" then, you don't see me calling Brazilian Portuguese just "Brazilian"
And you think I'm weird, that's a pretty weird show.
So are you, so go watch it
Then read the manga

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Kotaku claims to have been sent art assets for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Also apparently the character roster is 8 characters - Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach - and the remaining 4 are Rabbids dressed up as them (meaning this game has the worst crossover roster in history).

http://kotaku.com/source-the-rumored-mario-x-rabbids-rpg-is-real-coming-1794849712
The fact that the other four characters are just Rabbid versions of Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach is pretty lame.

I can also take this as a sign Rayman isn't in it.

That sucks, but I'll give it a shot if it looks good.

D

Deleted member

"Roster" generally only refers to playable characters, so yes, playable.

Though I doubt we'll see any other characters besides Bowser, Toad, and maybe Wario and Waluigi (they're not a certainty by any stretch but I think they should be in this game because they're wacky and over the top cartoony, not unlike the Rabbids).

Maybe we'll get a Rayman cameo if Ubisoft is feeling generous.
I ask that because I assume it's not a fighting game. Of course it's not going to have the roster size of most crossover games because most are fighting/sports games.

So are you, so go watch it
Then read the manga
Nah dude, since when have I ever been weird, am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

boy, please, let him call it what he wants and no one wants to call Latin America spanish "American Spanish"
Let Shisho be patriotic for once, this is the second time he's been a real american.

A M E R I C A F I R S T

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
More proof of Polygon's quality

C-0tzY1XsAENkLx.jpg
C-0tzYxXYAAywJ1.jpg

Found on twitter. Still don't know how to embed a tweet on a forum

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I have to say, I side more with Andre here then Ash.

Maybe it's because I haven't played the game yet (Switchless...), but looking at some of the features they added to the DLC I can't help but feel it would've been better to have them included as an update to the original game then making someone buy it. BotW does seem to be an incredible game, I won't argue that, but if you have the chance to make that game better with QoL additions then I think it's more worth it to give it to the general consumer for free rather then not since it gives more incentive to get the game and play it. If I was on the fence for getting BotW, some of these features could've convinced me to go and give it a shot because now I have things like a way to monitor my path to make the game more enjoyable. It just doesn't seem worth it to me to withhold them behind a paywall, and even looking at the news last night I couldn't help but feel some of these features shouldn't have been held back.

That is my personal assessment, but it's one that I'm making as a consumer who's looking into getting the game in the future. I do sympathize with Andre for being put off by it, there have been many who have enjoyed BotW for what it is, but you could've made their experiences and future experiences even better for them and I think this is a wasted opportunity in packing them into a payed DLC update.

Chrono.

So the game is using the Snowdrop Engine and the only two games to use that engine so far are The Division and South Park Fractured Butthole.

It's not important I just felt like mentioning that.

I don't wanna say the game is dead on arrival but ooof that roster looks bad unless there's unlockables.

D

Deleted member

I ask that because I assume it's not a fighting game. Of course it's not going to have the roster size of most crossover games because most are fighting/sports games.

Nah dude, since when have I ever been weird, am I missing something?
Do you want me to screenshot our convos and show them to the thread?
boy, please, let him call it what he wants and no one wants to call Latin America spanish "American Spanish"
But that's what it is, just shorter
Latin America is still America
Calling it "Latin American" is wrong hecause that's not a language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom