• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is anyone else here not superstitious but, like, "stitious".

Like you don't necessarily believe or know if myths or urban legends are real but you ain't gonna be going inside "haunted" houses or chanting Bloody Mary to find out.
Well, chanting mary is out of the eay, because I already tried that as a kid. Mirrors were always a fear of mine as a kid, especially when I was alone.

I've gotten over that fear though, it probably helps that I have to look in the mirror to style my hair.

I wouldn't go into some "haunted" houses just because sometimes people find actually find freaky things like dead bodies.(Especially in some random crazy person's house.) And I wouldn't go into a forrest/jungle at night especially considering what some animals can do to you is probably much worse than what a ghost can hypothetically do to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, chanting mary is out of the eay, because I already tried that as a kid. Mirrors were always a fear of mine as a kid, especially when I was alone.

I've gotten over that fear though, it probably helps that I have to look in the mirror to style my hair.

I wouldn't go into some "haunted" houses just because sometimes people find actually find freaky things like dead bodies. And I wouldn't go into a forrest/jungle at night especially considering what some animals can do to you is probably much worse than what a ghost can hypothetically do to you.
real story, in this program called People to People, I was invited out to go to Alcatras. Of course I didnt go because 1 I was to young to go to that of all places and 2 My parents and my sister already told me do go because of the crazy **** that happens there

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The BotW DLC is pretty kewl. Need to get back to that game.

Also,
Hold me. I'm scared.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
General rule of thumb is I wouldn't go near any run down places (unless it was like, an actual tourist attraction, like an old castle) not because of ghosts, but because some nasty people do actually use those as hangout spots.

The real ghosts and ghouls of the world are drugees, drunks, gang members, sexual deviants, and what not.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Apparently this works at school.

Double apparently is that y'all haven't gone through even 1 more social thread since I was gone smh

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A lot of Zelda fans are planning on getting the Japanese voices in the recent patch because the feel the dubbing was bad. Some characters were off (Yunobo being a good example), but I wouldn't say the entire dub for Breath of the Wild was lackluster.

What do you all thinks?

D

Deleted member

A lot of Zelda fans are planning on getting the Japanese voices in the recent patch because the feel the dubbing was bad. Some characters were off (Yunobo being a good example), but I wouldn't say the entire dub for Breath of the Wild was lackluster.

What do you all thinks?
Japanese voices
I can't say I'm surprised in the slightest.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Wasn't the dubbing only off because Nintendo couldn't have been bothered to redo the lip flaps

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
How do I change my little title thing because I'd rather it not be that

EDIT: The spaghetti bit...

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
General rule of thumb is I wouldn't go near any run down places (unless it was like, an actual tourist attraction, like an old castle) not because of ghosts, but because some nasty people do actually use those as hangout spots.

The real ghosts and ghouls of the world are drugees, drunks, gang members, sexual deviants, and what not.
i'd personally say it's the wealthy politicians that keep the poor down and drive them to substance abuse and illicit activity in the first place but to each their own i guess

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wasn't the dubbing only off because Nintendo couldn't have been bothered to redo the lip flaps
Pretty much. They had a dead line to meet and didn't want to delay the game.

And with those record breaking sales, it was worth it. I bet the patch was done to satisfy those that want to hear the "better voices".

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
well I mean besides the obvious, what other colors would you see on an angel. Besides white and gold
I mean White and Gold are literally the colours of holiness and purity if they are primarily featured in the designs the point has gotten across well as is...Sky Blue and Silver could be decent to work with as well...

Palutena could be used as a decent example as she also has red, green and blue also featured in her design...in addition to the white and gold which prominently represents her as a goddess...

How do I change my little title thing because I'd rather it not be that

EDIT: The spaghetti bit...
You need a Premium membership to change your custom title...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i'd personally say it's the wealthy politicians that keep the poor down and drive them to substance abuse and illicit activity in the first place but to each their own i guess
Speaking from personal experience, I know that's definitely not the case with everyone.

I know a fair amount of people who just are irresponsible with alcohol and other substances.

I mean I live in Ireland so it's not like the political situation is quite the same as in America. Certainly not at a point where I'd say the majority of alcohol/drug abusers can be blamed on politicians. In the cases of the people I know personally, it was entirely their own fault for being irresponsible.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
How come no Mario timelines go for the simplest solution of "In the order they were released barring Yoshi's Island"

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
well I mean besides the obvious, what other colors would you see on an angel. Besides white and gold
saturated blues fit well with the "pure" motif!

Speaking from personal experience, I know that's definitely not the case with everyone.

I know a fair amount of people who just are irresponsible with alcohol and other substances.

I mean I live in Ireland so it's not like the political situation is quite the same as in America. Certainly not at a point where I'd say the majority of alcohol/drug abusers can be blamed on politicians. In the cases of the people I know personally, it was entirely their own fault for being irresponsible.
fair enough, but it's important to understand that politicians are fundamentally malicious and only care about the rich

Chrono.

What do you all thinks?
Zelda's voice was grating (especially noticeable since she has the most lines by far), but for a game that doesn't have a lot of voice acting in the first place, it's pretty alright.

I've definitely heard worse out there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
fair enough, but it's important to understand that politicians are fundamentally malicious and only care about the rich
You're right about that for sure, but that doesn't necessarily have a co-relation with every drug/alcohol abuser out there. While some people can fall to depression and turn to drink/drugs, that can even be for reasons unrelated to the government (like finances and the like). And outside of that, plenty people are just really irresponsible and don't even have a justification of any kind for substance abuse.

And in Ireland at least, the political situation is not necessarily drastic. We aren't dealing with a Donald Trump equivalent locally or anything like that.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
You're right about that for sure, but that doesn't necessarily have a co-relation with every drug/alcohol abuser out there. While some people can fall to depression and turn to drink/drugs, that can even be for reasons unrelated to the government (like finances and the like). And outside of that, plenty people are just really irresponsible and don't even have a justification of any kind for substance abuse.

And in Ireland at least, the political situation is not necessarily drastic. We aren't dealing with a Donald Trump equivalent locally or anything like that.
yes, it's almost always poverty! but the class system is inherently political! that's what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe it's me, but I'd take English Zelda over screechy Japanese Zelda any day of the week.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't go into some "haunted" houses just because sometimes people find actually find freaky things like dead bodies.(Especially in some random crazy person's house.) And I wouldn't go into a forrest/jungle at night especially considering what some animals can do to you is probably much worse than what a ghost can hypothetically do to you.
Bloody Mary was the biggest thing in my school when I was on 4th and 5th grades, everyone was scared as **** but still continued to fuel the myth.
I swear, I couldn't go into the school toilets if they were empty and I tried to not look into the mirrors as much as I could

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

What do you all thinks?
Zelda and Mipha sound really unnatural but the rest is fine. Revali is great

D

Deleted member

I'd say that poor people being caught doing drugs is an inherent result of the system, but not doing them is not neccsarily a result.

I'm in an upper-middleclass family that lives in a city with million dollar homes, especially if you want to have a view of the beach, let alone live right next to it.

Most people that live in those homes probably go to private schools though, but I live in the sub-urbs anyway. So it's safe to assume that most people in my school are upper middle class like me.(Most not all, there's still poor/ghetto that go here, in fact some of my friends are gang-affiliated.)

Yet despite most people here being suburban white people, that doesn't change the fact that many love to do drugs and alcohol.

I remember in sociology everyone wrote their biggest deviancy anonymously and only about 2 or 3 weren't related to drugs.(Including mine.)

I also remember last year in cooking class one of my team mates bringing pot brownies to deal with anotherone of my team mates. They were both caught.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Zelda's english voice was fine for the most part...it was pretty hit and miss at times (the worst parts was while she's speaking telepathically to Link) but it wasn't really as bad as most people are making it out to be...

Mipha's voice however was just awkward to listen to...

Ivander

Smash Legend
I ain't gonna check all those pages I missed to see if I'm late, but here's details on the first DLC pack for BOTW.

http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...f-the-wilds-first-dlc-pack-the-master-trials/

I am neither impressed nor disappointed.
I will have many uses for that Travel Medallion. I cannot see why people say it should've been free. Than again, most games I play with a waypoint system don't have
Edit: Frickin' Tablet.
Anyway, most games I played with a waypoint system didn't use a system like the Travel Medallion, so maybe I'm just feeling really spoiled as I do have a whole lot of uses for it. As for the other DLC, it's looking nice. Not impressive, but it is nice.

English voice acting? I thought the voices were spot-on and the voice acting was very good. Not the best, but for Zelda's truly first voiced title, it did very well. I think the main problem just comes from the fact that you don't hear a lot of the other voices besides Zelda, so you don't get a whole feel for the voices besides her. You just get what the scenes give you. With Mipha, I thought she was decent. As for Zelda's voice actor, I thought she did really well or at least, I thought she did well in portraying the right emotions for the scenes. So really, IMHO, for people who say the Japanese voice acting is "leagues better" as their opinion:

"Crunch! I'll add it to the heap!"

Also, YAY! I got my computer back! Now I need to re-install everything back. But still, I got it back! :joyful:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So the Switch version of Yooka Laylee will be the superior version. Not that there's anything wrong with it, as long as they fix the issues the PC/Xbone/PS4 versions had.

http://nintendoeverything.com/playt...ka-layee-as-work-on-switch-version-continues/
They don't say anything to imply the Switch version is superior, just that they are working on issues that should be fixed in time for the Switch release. The other versions are getting updated too.

YL is going to to be even better by the time i get to it?

Help.

Also worked outside today at work to do someone's break. We're sellinh fliwers fir spring. All thar gardening stuff really makes me want to play more Stardew Valley. The switch version better be good so i dont feel bad for abandoning the PC version for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom