• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The day time levels are kinda fun, but the time levels are like an extremely ******, tedious, flaming pile of **** version of Bayonetta or God of War. There is literally nothing redeeming about them. God I ******* hate this game.

Also Sonic's voice actor sucks hard. I'd rather play 06 than this pile of ****

If matters, I'm playing the PS3 version. I'll probably give the Wii version a whirl sometime soon
You mean. . .the same voice actor he had in 06?

They had him on the payroll for a while. All the other voice actors sounded jarring after him because I started playing voice acted games during his run. He does a better job than the Adventure voice actors IMO and he does a WAY better job than some of the voice actors in Star Fox Zero and Breath of the Wild.

Honestly I've had so many moments of tedium in so many games that Werehog stages only slightly register because at least in those you actually make significant progress. So many other games slog harder for so much less reward. Thinking of that copy of Metroid I got for free because everyone insisted that franchise was perfection incarnate again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh wow, with the new update you can change the language of the game now.

I guess I'll have to try hard mode with Japanese voices.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The Werehog starts to become a lot more fun when you level him up. You can pull off some really cool combos and a fully maxed out Werehog is devastatingly powerful. I will admit it's a road block that shouldn't be there.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Unleashed is worse than 06, at least Unleashed is a programming nightmare.

Also, if you don't like the PS3 version, you are going to hate the Wii version.
Unleashed is a boring slog during the werehog segments, but 06 is a riot with a bunch of friends. Kinda like The Room or Suicide Squad. Also what's so bad about the Wii version?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm betting on nothing or something silly like

"Tingle armor makes paragliding not waste Stamina" or something like that.
I'm guessing it's either nothing or it's something that's on par with or better than the best armors of the vanilla version.

I.E. All or nothing.

But I'm horrible at guesswork without evidence so who knows.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
ok um... ill need that sourse of that picture and the whole picture if you have it. please. please
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/068/332/44c.png
Not embedding the picture due to suggestive themes.
Unleashed is a boring slog during the werehog segments, but 06 is a riot with a bunch of friends. Kinda like The Room or Suicide Squad. Also what's so bad about the Wii version?
Well if you feel that way about it I suppose you I can't change your mind.

If you hate the Werehog on the HD version, you'll loathe it on the Wii version.

For one, there's more Werehog in the Wii version, and the Werehog is extremely limited in moves. Even if you didn't like the HD version, you could at least perform various combos. With the Wii version, all he can do combat wise is just "punch left, punch right, and slam."

The day time stages are pretty okay though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/068/332/44c.png
Not embedding the picture due to suggestive themes.

Well if you feel that way about it I suppose you I can't change your mind.

If you hate the Werehog on the HD version, you'll loathe it on the Wii version.

For one, there's more Werehog in the Wii version, and the Werehog is extremely limited in moves. Even if you didn't like the HD version, you could at least perform various combos. With the Wii version, all he can do combat wise is just "punch left, punch right, and slam."

The day time stages are pretty okay though.
Oh god.

OH GOD

That sounds awful. Hell, that's how I already feel like the PS3 is version

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Eh....I know I just changed my avi, but I've been on a bit of a binge listening to Gorillaz stuff since they released their new album...So Phaze 4 Noodle and 2D will get some time to shine...

Also I like this song...probably my favourite from their new album...
I'm getting a bit of a NIN vibe from this song...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just ran into a village made from acacia wood in minecraft

I didn't even know that was a thing

Acacia is kind of hideous

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yep....I need this DLC now!!
You had me at Midna's Helmet!!

Majora's Mask too, and the Phantom Armour looks really cool as well...
Tingle outfit.....................no comment......

Hyped for the Trial of the Sword as well...Sounds like Eventide, except better...and I already liked Eventide...
Other useful features added as well such as the hero's trail to track where you explored on the map within your past 200 hours of gameplay...

Gawd, I can't wait for what the Winter pack will bring...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Hyped for the Trial of the Sword as well...Sounds like Eventide, except better...and I already liked Eventide...
Other useful features added as well such as the hero's trail to track where you explored on the map within your past 200 hours of gameplay...

Ooh, I need to get this game. I'll get the switch eventually. It'll still be around in November or whatever

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Eh....I know I just changed my avi, but I've been on a bit of a binge listening to Gorillaz stuff since they released their new album...So Phaze 4 Noodle and 2D will get some time to shine...

I really wished the whole album was good. A tidal wave of songs, but only a few handfuls were good

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

The ****in Tingle outfit, man.
Imagine the major cutscenes with it; pure gold.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I really wished the whole album was good. A tidal wave of songs, but only a few handfuls were good
It wasn't too bad....a few songs, mostly in the first half of the album were pretty good a lot of the others sort of blurred together...
Charger, Momentz, Saturnz Barz, and Strobelight are probably my favourites from the album...there are a few others that were pretty good...but the rest weren't quite as memorable...

I'd give it about a 7/10 overall...

The ****in Tingle outfit, man.
Imagine the major cutscenes with it; pure gold.
Come to think of it, being able to fight Ganon as Tingle (kind of) is worth the 20 bucks as is...:p

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Three headed blondes is really just a new fetish of mine, one headed blondes just weren't doing it for me

I'd congratulate you but the fact you can't remember the name Dugtrio worries me about your memory
About Little Witch Academia episode 17
Amanda is going full tomboy just to have fun...
Akko once again being cute as a rate
Andrew is still the same, Akko said the same thing to Andrew, kind of dull imo.
Amanda is sure good at battling with legs.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The content of the first Breath of the Wild expansion looks pretty interesting, nice new armour options available, and a series of challenges like the Cave of Ordeals. I might consider getting the expansion pass at the end of the week, but for now, I've got to get on with some revision and study.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The youtube channel DaddyOffive lost custody over the 5 kids. There IS a god after all
Thank ****

I keep searching the news, but they only say they lost custody of two, making him DaddyOThree.
Police have the child investigation ongoing and ordering emergency custody was the right step. Hopefully they'll lose the custody of all of them eventually.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The youtube channel DaddyOffive lost custody over the 5 kids. There IS a god after all
Thank ****ing goodness

I hadn't even heard of them until recently, but the fact that they went as long as they did is terrible.

They only lost custody of two of their kids, but hopefully the other three are soon to follow.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This looks...kind of surreal to me. I also see that Link doesn't look too pleased about it.
tingle_darkest_timeline.png

Still haven't listened to anything but Hallelujah Money because I'm waiting to listen to it until I can grab a physical release.

I know reviews are positive-to-mixed but I'm still pretty excited to hear it all.

Also I trust Demon Days is in that binge.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
is that the channel exploit the kids for fame by making them do stuff like slap each other or did I miss another story?
Thank ****

I keep searching the news, but they only say they lost custody of two, making him DaddyOThree.
Police have the child investigation ongoing and ordering emergency custody was the right step. Hopefully they'll lose the custody of all of them eventually.
I doubt its just 2 kids. IF your deemed unfit, the court will make sure all your kids are taken to get them better care.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I am SO glad I got Mount Wario on my first try once I made it to it on 150cc oh my GOSH.

Gonna have to do the cups out of order or something for a bit because I already know I'm gonna hate Rainbow Road.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh lord, I really want to get that new Gorillaz album. My friend told me he got it and he says its good, and he's got a good taste in music. Gonna have to borrow it sometime.

In other news, I'm changing my username soon. Something related to Skyrim most likely.

EDIT: Might go back to Aurane.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did a cool find today at a flea market.

This is a 2008 Kyle Busch M&Ms/Indiana Jones Toyota Camry scale car.
Good lookin' car, but heres the thing, this diecast costed me around $10.67 USD, however its value its much higher due the rarity and uniqueness of the paint scheme.
20170501_223437-2.jpg

Let's see the current value on the online market.

KB18TC-2008-MMIJ.PNG

noice

Unfortunately the car I got is boxless and the rear wing is missing, thus hindering the value. Still, that car could be easily sold by 60-90 bucks with enough luck.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guess I have to have a spare €20 ready when I get the Switch for that BotW Hard Mode.

I really think some of these features should be part of a free update. They're more like fixing issues with the game, which shouldn't cost extra.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Guess I have to have a spare €20 ready when I get the Switch for that BotW Hard Mode.

I really think some of these features should be part of a free update. They're more like fixing issues with the game, which shouldn't cost extra.
Well Dual Audio was a free update.

It's not a lot, but the lack of it was one of the things people complained about most.

Technically they did fix an issue with the game that had nothing to do with framerate and glitches in an update.

Everything else requires them to make additional assets one way or another. They only have one purchase of DLC they're selling instead of a several year plan like many other games and the assets are too complex for them to get away with having a small team working on it constantly for free, so their cost efficient options are limited.

If you want a Nintendo game that spoils you a ton post-launch for free and constantly keeps an eye out for what the fans are worried about, I'd probably recommend Splatoon 2. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a game quite up your alley for some reason, but in terms of the way the devs are treating their fans it seems much closer to what you seem to ask for than most Nintendo games.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well Dual Audio was a free update.

It's not a lot, but the lack of it was one of the things people complained about most.

Technically they did fix an issue with the game that had nothing to do with framerate and glitches in an update.

Everything else requires them to make additional assets one way or another. They only have one purchase of DLC they're selling instead of a several year plan like many other games and the assets are too complex for them to get away with having a small team working on it constantly for free, so their cost efficient options are limited.

If you want a Nintendo game that spoils you a ton post-launch for free and constantly keeps an eye out for what the fans are worried about, I'd probably recommend Splatoon 2. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a game quite up your alley for some reason, but in terms of the way the devs are treating their fans it seems much closer to what you seem to ask for than most Nintendo games.
Not really, stuff like the Korok Seed radar, the map marking, and even Hard Mode, don't require extra assets. They should be free updates. Plenty of other games add those as free updates.

Horizon: Zero Dawn has had a bunch of free updates so far, most recently adding the ability to play your own music while playing the game. They've also been teasing New Game+ as a free update coming soon (which has been a requested feature).

Like I said, some of the things they are bundling with the DLC aren't new content. They're fixes for legitimate issues the game had. So they should be patched and not bundled in with the DLC.

It's like if Smash bundled it's character rebalancing and bug fixes in with the new DLC characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom