• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
From I gather from the NeoGAF comments, it appears ARMS is being made by the Mario Kart team (one of the Mario Kart 8 developers was part of the recent tournament).
Yup! It's why I'm not too bothered about Mario Kart 8 being a port. The team was working on it and ARMS at the same time.

Considering when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe wrapped up development, it times oddly well for the QA time frames of Mario Kart and ARMS to not overlap. If they ever did DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, it'd similarly dodge having the same staff be busy on multiple things because by the time QA for the DLC started ARMS would already be out. Whatever they do, they've timed it pretty well for a team that typically only focuses on a single title to be able to juggle multiple titles at once without sacrificing too much efficiency.

D

Deleted member

I just beat the Red Card trainer in Route 3, who completely defeated me in my first SM Nuzlocke attempt, all thanks to a combination of Disable and Bife crits
Man, I really should give Alola Grimer more of a chance, Peri(yup, that's her name) has been tanking like crazy, has poison which is my favorite ailment, STAB Bite which is incredibly powerful early game and is the only thing I have for Rocks in a team who's 4/6 weak to it.
Too bad she has Gluttony, Poison Touch would have been so broken it's not even funny
Also, yes, I started this run forever ago

Current team:
Peri the Grimer Lv14
Megumin the Trumbeak Lv14
Gilgamesh the Rowlett Lv15
Mob the Abra Lv15
Komoru the Zubat Lv10
Dr.Wales the Cutiefly Lv9

Retired:
Some Rattata who I forgot the name
Bastet the Magnemite Lv9
Trisha the Gastly Lv9
Monk the Mankey Lv9

9 is the cursed number
I have three of them, flip it upside down and what do you get?
Also, Monk literally died in her first fight, didn't even get any exp. ****ing Crabrawlers man

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow. Why would you show this? Spoiler this for Not Safe for Life. Children could be watching this thread.
That has been showing up constantly in GIF form on NeoGAF over the past couple of days to the point that I don't even need to watch it to know what it is.

I have to admit, there's a part of me that winces a little whenever I watch the whole thing through.

D

Deleted member

I swear there's a context for this but I'm not bothering with it
Screenshot_2017-05-01-19-51-14-1.png

Next time: I fight Hala without any grinding. In a scale from 1 to Sighted by FOE, how ****ed am I?

D

Deleted member

The topic is still a joke but it's selling itself as serious
But let's be honest, Haitaka is the best Lance user in all of Fates and can't really shine to his fullest due to being Conquest exclusive
Rally Def, Strong Riposte and crits all day>Oboro's somewhat good def

This game went from 0 to 0.5 to me
Now I might even consider buying it

It can ignore the laws of physics and create the heavens, that's for sure
To be honest, the stuff people say on gamefaqs sometimes is so weird/off that I wouldn't be surprised if they were being serious. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today I read the most baffling, confusing statement I think I've ever read.

It contradicts itself on every single line.

"Honestly, Sonic is too recognizable of a name to be wasted on these extremely niche Boost games. I understand that a lot of people enjoy them, but it's just not enough for their focus to be a smart business decision for Sega. Furthermore, as more time goes on the brand recognition will continue to diminish so long as they focus on such a small group of consumers."

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Being on the lead and getting bodied by items until you fall to 12th on the final lap is what defines MKWii.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 128614
Next time: I fight Hala without any grinding. In a scale from 1 to Sighted by FOE, how ****ed am I?
Update: it could have been worse
Lost Komoru but eh, don't really care
****ing Leer+Pursuit is bull**** tho

Well, I got a Tauros at least, time to smash some rocks

D

Deleted member

View attachment 128614
Really? You don't know the context to this? It's pretty obvious.
IMG_3567.JPG
IMG_3566.JPG

You're such a scrub, git gud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

"Honestly, Sonic is too recognizable of a name to be wasted on these extremely niche Boost games. I understand that a lot of people enjoy them, but it's just not enough for their focus to be a smart business decision for Sega. Furthermore, as more time goes on the brand recognition will continue to diminish so long as they focus on such a small group of consumers."
I dont get it?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

This logic is broken to the point its almost nonrepairable...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I dont get it?
They think boost gameplay in Sonic games is "niche" despite the fact "a lot of people enjoy it" and then go on to say the Sonic brand value will diminish because they keep "pandering to a small crowd", even though he just said "a lot of people enjoy it".

Regardless of what the truth is, this guy can't even make up his mind in these few lines and goes back and forth without realising it.

D

Deleted member

Nah, it ain't that
I could say what it is but I just prefer imagining people scrolling down the thread, seeing that and trying to guess the context :p
Doesn't even matter, King Ghidorah is the only true three headed blonde. He did it first dammit!

So. . . Twitch.tv has thumbnails for streams based off a random time that recently appeared on stream at some point or another. It's usually just a random frame of gameplay.

This is what I see today.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
China is on a different level tbh. It's almost like copyright infringement is encouraged there. :p

The government is extremely biased against foreign companies, so that gives Chinese companies basically free reign.
They are more biased against companies that are either from Japan, or just against those companies that have opinions on their country's political environment, but that is a whole other issue to talk about. Besides that China actually attracts many companies, especially those that needs a great amount of workers, or even recently they need more pros to hire.

D

Deleted member

Three headed blondes is really just a new fetish of mine, one headed blondes just weren't doing it for me
blondes are obviously diglett x 3

"A game I like"
I'd congratulate you but the fact you can't remember the name Dugtrio worries me about your memory

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The only people who have even less of a grasp that their specific preferences in games don't determine what is or isn't profitable for a company and what should or shouldn't be made than Nintendo fans are Sonic fans.

"If I don't want it then clearly no one else does either because my opinion is fact" and "If I don't want it then everyone who does want it is an absolute moron because my opinion is fact" is logic that comes up far too often with gamers, and this reads like it comes from the same kind of place.

Hang on, I suddenly want to modify this a certain way to see what happens.

"Honestly, Nintendo is too recognizable of a name to be wasted on these extremely niche *insert any franchise that is ironically less niche than whatever they're yearning for that serves as the ulterior motive for complaining here* games. I understand that a lot of people enjoy them, but it's just not enough for their focus to be a smart business decision for Nintendo. Furthermore, as more time goes on Nintendo's brand recognition will continue to diminish so long as they focus on such a small group of consumers."

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So. . . Twitch.tv has thumbnails for streams based off a random time that recently appeared on stream at some point or another. It's usually just a random frame of gameplay.

This is what I see today.

id watch that video in a heartbeat just because of the thumbnail
---
*Spends 8 hours lvling and reincarnating Christo*
*still isnt strong enough to kill a monster*

Ok well its time for Mario Kart, I see you, Disgaea

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Man, I forgot how tricky some of the Mario Kart 8 Staff Ghosts are to beat.

I spent about an hour on Dolphin Shoals. Part of the problem was I forgot that there are a couple of karts that work better underwater.

I mean, who would have thought a kart based off a submarine would be good in water.

Not this idiot.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sonic Unleashed is so bad. I'm amazed honestly
I thought it was fine when I played it. :/

Like, I can name Sonic games across pretty much every era that I like better, but nothing about it was really offensive either. No, I don't count the gameplay shift as offensive.

Worst part was me burning through 40+ lives on the final boss, and that's probably on me. Even being in a cynical mood this week the worst I can really give the rest of the game is "OK." It's easily better than the Sonic 4 episodes even within the pool of Sonic games I've completed and as far as games in general go there's a whole lot further things can and do drop. Heck, Unleashed is probably less dull than Metroid from my experience.

That said, I admittedly can't speak for the Wii version.

*EDIT*

I ain't gonna check all those pages I missed to see if I'm late, but here's details on the first DLC pack for BOTW.

http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...f-the-wilds-first-dlc-pack-the-master-trials/

I am neither impressed nor disappointed.

Hey, this looks pretty nice.

If I don't give myself traumatic memories putting it on, it might be something worth wearing. LOL.

. . .

Oh hey, there's a NeoGAF thread saying that they patched dual audio into BotW. I guess all the people upset about that can rest easy now.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post
I like Sonic Unleashed, played it for hours
I thought it was fine when I played it. :/

Like, I can name Sonic games across pretty much every era that I like better, but nothing about it was really offensive either. No, I don't count the gameplay shift as offensive.

Worst part was me burning through 40+ lives on the final boss, and that's probably on me. Even being in a cynical mood this week the worst I can really give the rest of the game is "OK." It's easily better than the Sonic 4 episodes even within the pool of Sonic games I've completed and as far as games in general go there's a whole lot further things can and do drop. Heck, Unleashed is probably less dull than Metroid from my experience.

That said, I admittedly can't speak for the Wii version.

*EDIT*

Hey, this looks pretty nice.

If I don't give myself traumatic memories putting it on, it might be something worth wearing. LOL.

. . .

Oh hey, there's a NeoGAF thread saying that they patched dual audio into BotW. I guess all the people upset about that can rest easy now.
View attachment 128621
I can see why some wouldn't like Unleashed, but I think the game does a lot of things right that I think people don't give it enough credit for.
The day time levels are kinda fun, but the time levels are like an extremely ******, tedious, flaming pile of **** version of Bayonetta or God of War. There is literally nothing redeeming about them. God I ******* hate this game.

Also Sonic's voice actor sucks hard. I'd rather play 06 than this pile of ****

If matters, I'm playing the PS3 version. I'll probably give the Wii version a whirl sometime soon

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The day time levels are kinda fun, but the time levels are like an extremely ******, tedious, flaming pile of **** version of Bayonetta or God of War. There is literally nothing redeeming about them. God I ******* hate this game.

Also Sonic's voice actor sucks hard. I'd rather play 06 than this pile of ****

If matters, I'm playing the PS3 version. I'll probably give the Wii version a whirl sometime soon
The Werehog starts to become a lot more fun when you level him up. You can pull off some really cool combos and a fully maxed out Werehog is devastatingly powerful. I will admit it's a road block that shouldn't be there.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Unleashed is worse than 06, at least Unleashed is a programming nightmare.

Also, if you don't like the PS3 version, you are going to hate the Wii version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom