• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Downloaded Showdown onto my phone. Here's my roughdraft OU team "BuluWhack" as of present. Too tired to explain it. Feel free to add criticism.

Basically, its a Bulu/Wak/Pex core. Its one of my most favorite cores currently and I've been having a fairy decent time with it.
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Muk (Muk-Alola) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Marowak (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 4 Def / 68 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Taunt

Pheromosa @ Expert Belt
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out something important

A conspiracy that must be shared

711 was a part time job

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm usually considered the guy who loves bashing on SFV but this kinda sucks. I'm not mad or happy just disappointed at Capcom for pretty much screwing a can't miss series

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Jesus christ.
Looks like nothing can save a crappy launch, you'd think more people would get the game when more content is available
The content isn't worth it when everything is behind a crap paywall and the gameplay is actually worst in Season 2 w o 26th all the nerds and it just doesn't feel as good as even USF4.

What they need to do is overhaul the entire game and rerelease it. I know they don't wanna do "Super SFV" but man that would actually add life into the game

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm sure choosing to release it PS4 exclusive hurt SFV too.

At least a PS3 version might have helped.

And, of course, release Q. That'd draw in everyone and his mom.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm usually considered the guy who loves bashing on SFV but this kinda sucks. I'm not mad or happy just disappointed at Capcom for pretty much screwing a can't miss series

Does it still not have a proper Arcade mode yet?

also Dan and Blanka pls

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think many expect(ed) a Ultra SFV later on leading to them waiting for more characters and such to come out before they bought.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm sure choosing to release it PS4 exclusive hurt SFV too.

At least a PS3 version might have helped.

And, of course, release Q. That'd draw in everyone and his mom.
If Sony didn't money hat the game for the EVO/Pro Tour bucks, SFV would have been on Xbone or even a Switch port down the line

"But Capcom was too broke to release the game"

That's where you're wrong. Capcom has said multiple times that even if Sony didn't fund the game, SFV would have still happened regardless. Sony just sped up development for a 2016 release but the difference is this:

A 2016 release exclusively for PS4 (and PC lol)

or

A 2017/2018 release for PS4, Xbox One, PC and/or a possible Switch version

The question is, which one is more attractive in your eyes

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If Sony didn't money hat the game for the EVO/Pro Tour bucks, SFV would have been on Xbone or even a Switch port down the line

"But Capcom was too broke to release the game"

That's where you're wrong. Capcom has said multiple times that even if Sony didn't fund the game, SFV would have still happened regardless. Sony just sped up development for a 2016 release but the difference is this:

A 2016 release exclusively for PS4 (and PC lol)

or

A 2017/2018 release for PS4, Xbox One, PC and/or a possible Switch version

The question is, which one is more attractive in your eyes
At this point, I'm not so sure Capcom isn't figuring out a way to release it for other systems anyway.

A clever man would make a "Super" Street Fighter V with enough to legally differentiate it from SFV and release it on other consoles.

But that would be too easy.

D

Deleted member

So, FE poll results when?

I'd be cautously optimistic if it wasn't RT doing this. They ****ed up a video game pf RWBY and I hear Lazer Team didn't do too well
"Let's make anime but 3D!"
"Sir, we already did that, it was the whole point of RWBY"
"THEN LET'S MAKE IT MORE 3D!"
I still need to watch V4 Ep10 but my interest for it has been going down recently

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Opossum Opossum

Someone on SF found this on Twitter and I thought you might appreciate it.

Apparently there were over 1.2 million votes cast in the FE Heroes ballot.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want to see them go to Africa this time tbh.

Partly because it can make for some interesting stuff - herds of Donphan and Girafarig roaming a Savannah, or groups of Pyroar on the hunt around a herd of Zebstrika.

An actual Pokémon Safari.
Mightyena's line could be a perfect early game catch for that game too.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ninty's got a Super Bowl ad for the Switch apparently.

:094:
its kinda funny
a few days ago source gaming did an editorial on how nintendo has a marketing problem and now they unleash a super bowl ad that is night and day to what the wiiu's marketing was
this is one of the best marketing moves you can do because millions of people watch the super bowl for just the commercials

D

Deleted member

Hohoho, if you are in Taiwan when going on a train, bus, or subway. Nearly everyone is using their phone.
Yeah, but I was talking about Japan... I think.

The only PS4 game I want for now is NieR:Automata and that's pretty much it. I might as well buy the PC version.
If you aren't in to Nintendo games that's perfectly fine. But as for me Switch is definitely a better choice when it has most of the games I want.
Bloodborne is the best game I've played since Symphony of the Night. Definitely worth checking out, totally validated my PS4 purchase. Also, since I don't have a gaming PC, I've been really enjoying GTAV as well. Odin Sphere is pretty cool if you like Vanillaware. Guilty Gear and Blazblue are best played on PS4 due to the community. And I'm looking to pick up Doom, Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh soon.

I wouldn't argue against the Wii U's library being quality, but it was either so derivative, safe and bland, unnecessarily obtuse, or soon to be surpassed by the next iteration I don't understand why it gets as lauded as it does. It's fine, and for many companies it would be well above average, but frankly I find it BY FAR the least resonating library of a Nintendo console. I think every other Nintendo console since the NES provided us with software that pushed the envelope more and had a greater impact than the Wii U's offerings.

The only exceptions (imo - and not counting BotW) are Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, and maybe Nintendo Land (which Nintendo mishandled). And as far as legacy goes, I don't see any games other than the former two being widely canonized. Like in 10 years, how many Wii U games do you think are going to make "greatest games" lists?

I don't think that's exclusive to Taiwan...
Glad I didn't have to be the one to say it. Barring Smash Bros, the only games I truly enjoyed on WiiU were 3rd Party. Deus Ex Directors Cut, Bayonetta 2, and MonHun 3 Ultimate.

A lot of the other 1st party felt very underwhelming for one reason or another. They were good. But they weren't WOW. WiiU in general just had a very underwhelming library, which is why I'm so salty about it being taken out back and shot in the head. Yeah yeah, "4 year cycles," but with a **** library.

This leads to a core question on what exactly is a true gamer? Are only those who play video games daily on PC, handhled, and home console count as a gamer? Or just simply play any video games occasionally is a gamer?
Myself I think I am between, as a dude who just likes Nintendo games I am a gamer, but that doesn't mean I won't try something new. I will love playing with motion controls and tradition control as long as I play with the games I like.
I'll let Nintendo themselves do the explaining:

The distinction between "casual" and "gamer" isn't something we came up with. It's something Nintendo themselves established with their Blue Ocean Strategy, For a more detailed reading on this, I recommend you google it, they have an entire book where they explain it all.

"Gamer" refers to anyone withing the "red ocean." People who are invested in the happenings of the industry, have been playing video games for a long time, are enthusiasts of home consoles, buy a variety of different games, and are interested in AAA titles. I don't need to really explain this any further, you KNOW exactly what sort of people I'm talking about. People who CARE about video games. Whether they play CoD or FIFA casually with your friends, or are a competitive gamer who plays LoL or Starcraft, or a guy with a collection of over 1000 games, and reviews stuff on Youtube. Typically, this refers to people between the ages of 10 and 40 who own one or more consoles, and buy a variety of games on them to play either alone or with friends, and pay attention to the happenings and news within the industry.

"Casual" on the other hand is an all-encompassing term for the "blue ocean." The untapped market of people who are generally not interested in games, and generally never have been. Soccer moms, grandparents, businessmen, etc... Nintendo made a bunch of QoL games like the Wii Sports/Party/Fit series, and Brain Age to try to reach out to a new market, outside of the industry. Hence the blue "untapped" ocean. QoL games generally don't appeal to people within the red ocean, as they're not what they've come to expect for videogames, and not why they're even playing videogames in the first place. It's not what we grew up with, and not what we like about this industry. QoL games, are effectively changing the definition and purpose of videogames to branch out toward a new market. In fact, at the peak of all this, Nintendo was even a little condescending toward the Red Ocean market, sniding online play, and VR experiences as "lonesome" and "not what they aim to do."

So when I say the best selling games on Wii and DS are "casual games" I'm referring to the Blue Ocean strategy and the QoL games. These games were intentionally aimed toward people outside the usual market, and thus, both of those can be seen as an outlier, as that group of people, didn't stick around for the next generation.

Oh boy, indeed worst selling handheld for Nintendo themselves, not the worst handheld EVER for sure. Not sure why you put this up.
Because of this:
The downward trend continues.jpg

Whereas PS and Xbox are doing nothing to be innovative, besides VR for PS.
VR IS innovation. It's the future of gaming in fact. I fail to see how that "doesn't count."

Uh...no Vita didn't, if you are mentioning PS TV, that didn't go well, so is the Vita. The Switch TV gameplay can seamlessly port to the Switch tablet when taking it out of the dock, and you can also try out many different ways to play. I don't remember Vita can do that. Don't get me wrong though, I think PS Vita being able to play on the TV is still a decent concept, just how would you think that Vita did the concept better than the Switch?
The Switch isn't doing anything new. Vita was one example, but tablets and phones have been able to stream to a TV through the likes of Chromecast for years now.

Hell, you can even plug a Bluetooth or USB controller or keyboard to your phone or tablet, while streaming it to you TV and play games, watch netflix, youtube, google docs, etc... ALL wirelessly in fact. For adults who own a phone or tablet, the Switch isn't anything revolutionary or exciting. Chromecast costs like $40, and works much better than the Switch, and allows you to seamlessly program all your devices to it so you can stream to your TV and transition between them.

In the same vein, I made the comparison to Vita, because like the Vita, the Switch is also a portable console. It's not a hybrid, and Nintendo themselves have never used that term to refer to the Switch. Ever. And I can't be inclined to call it a Hybrid when the dock is just a glorified HDMI output. If the dock had additional hardware to boost performance, then yes, it would very well be a hybrid, but it doesn't and thus it's not. It's no different from my ability to plug my laptop or my Cintiq to my TV through the use of its HDMI out, which ALSO works seamlessly. This isn't innovation. It's been a laptop/tablet standard for years now.

And it can't be a home console either as the hardware inside the Switch is portable, using mobile chips and a small SSD. the ecosystem of the Switch was also built with portability in mind. Thus, by all definitions, it very well falls under the category of a portable console, and a successor to the 3DS once it gains momentum.

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo officially ending production of the WiiU, with no true successor, means that Nintendo has effectively, but silently dropped out of console-making. They only make portables now.

No offense but your thoughts on Nintendo are similar to a Youtuber that I just unsubbed called Blunty who shares nearly the same thoughts, like you and him both insist that Switch is more of a handheld rather than a console. And that's totally fine, but what made me unsubbed him is because in his video he put up too many subjective opinion and bringing up uncertain information. Like Nintendo's online pay for example, what made me even bumped is how he comment those who disagrees with his thoughts. He seems to be a cool dude in his video, but when it comes to Nintendo, he's sure a toxic brat.
I think you should learn to handle opinions you don't agree with, with a little more open-mindedness. Shielding yourself from ideas you don't like isn't very good. Learning to disagree with others, and effectively defend your point of view is an important skillset. So long as people are being polite, there is nothing wrong with discussing opposing points of view.

The only way you'll ever be able to defend your own ideas properly, is by listening to the opposition. I don't like the Nintendo Switch for example, but I'll happily listen to GameExplain, Arlo, and what other Nintendotubers have to say about it. In fact, it's because I listen to them that I'm able to construct such well-founded arguments.

I am a bit curious on why would you feel frustrated... are you one of the Nintendo investors? That's the only reason I can think of. If Nintendo just don't do what you think they should do then I wouldn't even bother.
As such, many thoughts and solutions you put up aren't bad, just aren't the things that Nintendo will do.
I don't have to be an investor to feel emotionally invested in a videogame company that I've been following since 1990 and is responsible for my entire childhood. I've owned every single Nintendo console up to the WiiU, and I remember the golden days of the SNES and Rare. When Nintendo used to be top dog. So yeah, I'd definitely feel a little frustrated over a brand I used to like a lot, who used to make great stuff, disregard its core audience and fanbase, and make bad decisions over bad decisions again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I take back what I said about RWBY, Ep10 was SO much better than the rest of this entire volume, maybe if they focused more on the one interesting story, seriously, Weiss has been nothing but filler, Yang is Yangst and Blake is the awkward moment of taking your boyfriend to meet your parents with White "totally not evil and I almost typed Black" Fang.
Ruby, meanwhile, has been doing actual progress, has characters I care about and the Tyrian vs. Qrow fight.

Also, I think Opossum Opossum will like this :p
http://genericbeeff.tumblr.com/post/156647984671/soffiasotome-im-crying-so-i-have-an-app

Chrono.

They either gotta release Ultra SFV or go full DOA and make it F2P.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it REALLY doing that bad though?

It's obviously releasing on less platforms, and Capcom has even stated they're intentionally making the game for competitive players. Who in fact, love it. Who's to say these figures weren't expected in some way, but instead Capcom is making more money off of eSports and stuff?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Vr is not going to last i give it like another 2 years before it gets dropped
its a money pit for non gamers who want to show there friends the cool thing they got

also why are we comparing the switch a system that isnt out to the lifetime sales of every other nintendo system and saying thats why it will fail?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Kind if a big deal having a Super Bowl commercial...It's pretty much the only time people intentionally watch something for the commercials, so it's good to get that kind of exposure...

There's also a 30 second variant of the commerical...
Features Zelda primarily, with no motion gimmicks....

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I still don't have any of the new legendary skins ;-; I'm really gonna have to play my heart out for these last 13 days!!
So am I, if you have time we can get in group and play.

I recently just spend my currency on the Tracer Chinese New Year highlight, which is worth it.
Yeah, but I was talking about Japan... I think.
Most Taiwanese are familiar with Japan, since we were used to be one of Japan territory before WWII. And many younger generations including me are influenced by many Japanese stuff, anime for example nuff said.
The distinction between "casual" and "gamer" isn't something we came up with. It's something Nintendo themselves established with their Blue Ocean Strategy, For a more detailed reading on this, I recommend you google it, they have an entire book where they explain it all.

"Gamer" refers to anyone withing the "red ocean." People who are invested in the happenings of the industry, have been playing video games for a long time, are enthusiasts of home consoles, buy a variety of different games, and are interested in AAA titles. I don't need to really explain this any further, you KNOW exactly what sort of people I'm talking about. People who CARE about video games. Whether they play CoD or FIFA casually with your friends, or are a competitive gamer who plays LoL or Starcraft, or a guy with a collection of over 1000 games, and reviews stuff on Youtube. Typically, this refers to people between the ages of 10 and 40 who own one or more consoles, and buy a variety of games on them to play either alone or with friends, and pay attention to the happenings and news within the industry.

"Casual" on the other hand is an all-encompassing term for the "blue ocean." The untapped market of people who are generally not interested in games, and generally never have been. Soccer moms, grandparents, businessmen, etc... Nintendo made a bunch of QoL games like the Wii Sports/Party/Fit series, and Brain Age to try to reach out to a new market, outside of the industry. Hence the blue "untapped" ocean. QoL games generally don't appeal to people within the red ocean, as they're not what they've come to expect for videogames, and not why they're even playing videogames in the first place. It's not what we grew up with, and not what we like about this industry. QoL games, are effectively changing the definition and purpose of videogames to branch out toward a new market. In fact, at the peak of all this, Nintendo was even a little condescending toward the Red Ocean market, sniding online play, and VR experiences as "lonesome" and "not what they aim to do."

So when I say the best selling games on Wii and DS are "casual games" I'm referring to the Blue Ocean strategy and the QoL games. These games were intentionally aimed toward people outside the usual market, and thus, both of those can be seen as an outlier, as that group of people, didn't stick around for the next generation.
I will take time to check it out later. But as I mentioned before, I can be both of those two kind of consumers. Both of these two strategy both have pros and cons, it's up Nintendo themselves to balance it.
Because of this:
So it's kind of cheating if you put Switch on the home consoles despite you see it as a handheld. As a home console 20~30 million ain't that bad, as a handheld that's no good.
I think you should learn to handle opinions you don't agree with, with a little more open-mindedness. Shielding yourself from ideas you don't like isn't very good. Learning to disagree with others, and effectively defend your point of view is an important skillset. So long as people are being polite, there is nothing wrong with discussing opposing points of view.

The only way you'll ever be able to defend your own ideas properly, is by listening to the opposition. I don't like the Nintendo Switch for example, but I'll happily listen to GameExplain, Arlo, and what other Nintendotubers have to say about it. In fact, it's because I listen to them that I'm able to construct such well-founded arguments.
I'm usually fine with those who have different opinions take their own opinions carefully. I will never attack or offend those who disagrees with them. I will never agree with those who try to shove their own opinions down to other people's throats. Blunty did that in his comments, were so naive that I wouldn't bother to read. Reason I reply some of your points is because it makes me wonder "hy would you think like that?"And I am not totally neglecting all of your points, some of things you put up are very persuadable, but those doesn't stop me to enjoy games I like, I am just a gamer afterall. I play with the games, not with numbers and charts. I would rather leave those to the pros. So to close this "argument", we just have to wait until Switch launches, maybe there will be something surprising happens.
I actually enjoy watching Reviewtechusa's recent videos about the Switch. He may be optimistic about it, he still have his concerns and I am totally aware of those. Hope those cons won't be the Achilles heel of Nintendo Switch.

Also
This part of commercial, the man fell into the pool with his Joy Con. IF the Joy Con is waterproof then I think the price will be worth it. If not, then that's false advertising.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think Capcom was too obsessed with releasing it ASAP just to make available just in time for esports. Denying Xbox customers, a launch with basically nothing, terrible content release strategy, and failure to keep customers up to date on details are also responsible for SFV's bombing.

Capcom needs to cut their loses break the promises that are hurting them.

D

Deleted member

So it's kind of cheating if you put Switch on the home consoles despite you see it as a handheld. As a home console 20~30 million ain't that bad, as a handheld that's no good.
But the Switch isn't a home console. It's a portable through and through.

Also
This part of commercial, the man fell into the pool with his Joy Con. IF the Joy Con is waterproof then I think the price will be worth it. If not, then that's false advertising.
I can't wait to see videos of people dipping their Joycons in the water and ruining them cause they think they're waterproof. Lol.

Reminds me of that iPhone prank 4chan got going a few years ago.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Meh, yet another Xbox Games with Gold month that doesn't interest me.

Oh well, there's still some Xbox games I already have that I need to still finish.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I think Capcom was too obsessed with releasing it ASAP just to make available just in time for esports. Denying Xbox customers, a launch with basically nothing, terrible content release strategy, and failure to keep customers up to date on details are also responsible for SFV's bombing.

Capcom needs to cut their loses break the promises that are hurting them.
Capcom didn't deny Microsoft's customers, they were contractually obligated to make it exclusive to PS4

It's obviously releasing on less platforms, and Capcom has even stated they're intentionally making the game for competitive players. Who in fact, love it. Who's to say these figures weren't expected in some way, but instead Capcom is making more money off of eSports and stuff?
competitive players actually don't like SFV much; if it weren't the only fighting game with a proper eSport league it wouldn't be nearly as popular

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sorry but I still think that's only power-wise. Despite I am going to use this console as a portable for 90% of my using time.
Some think it can be a home console, some thinks it is a portable, that's why it's also referred as a hybrid console.
I can't wait to see videos of people dipping their Joycons in the water and ruining them cause they think they're waterproof. Lol.

Reminds me of that iPhone prank 4chan got going a few years ago.
Scratch test on the tablet screen can be good too. Have you checked a channel called Jerryrigeverything? He test phones' durability, which can be very useful.

D

Deleted member

Sorry but I still think that's only power-wise. Despite I am going to use this console as a portable for 90% of my using time.
Some think it can be a home console, some thinks it is a portable, that's why it's also referred as a hybrid console.
But it's not only power-wise. It's the hardware itself. It's using a mobile chip and other portable hardware. The entire ecosystem of the machine is built with portability in mind too, from the joycons, to the screen, etc...

And it can't be a hybrid as the dock doesn't do anything by connect it to the TV, and charge it. The dock has no additional hardware in it to justify the hybrid label, and Nintendo themselves have never referred to it as this. In fact, Nintendo's marketing is "a home console you can take on the go." Referring to the machine's power being like that of a home console.

Scratch test on the tablet screen can be good too. Have you checked a channel called Jerryrigeverything? He test phones' durability, which can be very useful.
Nah, but I've seen "will it blend back" in the day.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
competitive players actually don't like SFV much; if it weren't the only fighting game with a proper eSport league it wouldn't be nearly as popular
Eh. Let my clarify.

About half of people love this game competitively.

Other half are eh about it.

SFV definitely has a fanbase.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd like to say I appreciate @ManlySpirit for the hype tempering research.

It's good to know that while the Switch can do well, we can't expect too much.

I've learned that it'll be a fantastic Nintendo console, and I'm a verified purple ocean swimmer.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Switch isn't one or the other...

Hook it up to the TV and play at home...Home Console

Take it on the go...Portable

It doesn't need to be linked to either category specifically because it fits within both, which is why we cannot compare it to other Nintendo consoles because there is no precedence (unless you count the Wii U which was BARELY portable, but that's not a hard standard to beat anyways)

But it does have some things that pretty much every portable system doesn't...such as the use of external controllers which allows for multiplayer on a single system...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It comes to ~300 units sold per day.

For a franchise that defined the fighting game genre, that's rather embarrassing. Also makes for bad PR.

Im so used to failing math tests.
but
View attachment 125546
Wow, congrats.
A much needed good news. :)

(and from now on, don't assume that a test went badly and worry yourself. Only worry after you've seen the result.)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Im so used to failing math tests.
but
View attachment 125546
Congrads, sister.

Keep it up, and break your limits.

But it's not only power-wise. It's the hardware itself. It's using a mobile chip and other portable hardware. The entire ecosystem of the machine is built with portability in mind too, from the joycons, to the screen, etc...

And it can't be a hybrid as the dock doesn't do anything by connect it to the TV, and charge it. The dock has no additional hardware in it to justify the hybrid label, and Nintendo themselves have never referred to it as this. In fact, Nintendo's marketing is "a home console you can take on the go." Referring to the machine's power being like that of a home console.

Nah, but I've seen "will it blend back" in the day.
I think the flexiblity will define hybrid.

I mean, what other console has this capability? They're defining their own device, which is 100% Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom