• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Also, imagine a legendary Pokemon based on the famed Rainbow Serpent.

That would be a real threat.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Also, imagine a legendary Pokemon based on the famed Rainbow Serpent.

That would be a real threat.
Fairy/Ground I'd say would be a fitting choice for a Rainbow Snake inspired Pokémon - and let's give it some Multitype/Protean like ability for good measure to make it more dangerous :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But is it gay or just a hippy?
Kind of complicated to explain it.

The serpent is seen as a very motherly figure and it was born from the blood of a woman (especially from her period).

Then there's the ordeal of it being genderless or female depending on the legend.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey guys, what's going o-- *sees talk of bugs and spiders*

Just wanting to report on getting the 3rd Epic CNY skin I wanted, Bastion's Rooster skin. The Epic skins I wanted were Tracer's, Junkrat's and Bastion's skins and I got those. So I don't mind missing the other 3 Epic skins.
Also, the Blizzard forums are having an outrage due to them changing the Mei skin without fixing the main issue.

Basically, what most people wanted was for them to fix the butt shelf for her skin. But Blizzard instead listened to the people who were complaining about her not looking fat. Basically, they made her waist bigger while keeping the butt shelf. I don't see a problem with the bigger waist, but the butt shelf is dumb. Either way, the Blizzard forums are in an major uproar.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I see this talk is bugging many users.

:4carlos:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hey guys, what's going o-- *sees talk of bugs and spiders*

Just wanting to report on getting the 3rd Epic CNY skin I wanted, Bastion's Rooster skin. The Epic skins I wanted were Tracer's, Junkrat's and Bastion's skins and I got those. So I don't mind missing the other 3 Epic skins.
Also, the Blizzard forums are having an outrage due to them changing the Mei skin without fixing the main issue.

Basically, what most people wanted was for them to fix the butt shelf for her skin. But Blizzard instead listened to the people who were complaining about her not looking fat. Basically, they made her waist bigger while keeping the butt shelf. I don't see a problem with the bigger waist, but the butt shelf is dumb. Either way, the Blizzard forums are in an major uproar.
The butt shelf looks even worse.

At least she look better with a thicker waist. But ****ing hell, with that shelf of an ass, I'd rather take twiggy Mei

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Now I've got a few ideas for Starters for an Australia region:
Grass type: Echidna inspired - uses dried leaves for protection before growing it's own to prevent attacks from predators.
Fire/Flying Type: Cockatoo inspired - a rambunctious prankster that's defining characteristic is a burning crest on it's head.
Water/Poison Type: Platypus inspired (A bit more true to source than Psyduck), it takes on prey using sharp talons cloaked in poison, and a tail for self-defence.

Australia definitely has the exotic wildlife that Game Freak can work with, so I definitely think it's time once the dust settles for Gen VII, an Australian based Pokémon game would be one I'd love to see next.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Now I've got a few ideas for Starters for an Australia region:
Grass type: Echidna inspired - uses dried leaves for protection before growing it's own to prevent attacks from predators.
Fire/Flying Type: Cockatoo inspired - a rambunctious prankster that's defining characteristic is a burning crest on it's head.
Water/Poison Type: Platypus inspired (A bit more true to source than Psyduck), it takes on prey using sharp talons cloaked in poison, and a tail for self-defence.

Australia definitely has the exotic wildlife that Game Freak can work with, so I definitely think it's time once the dust settles for Gen VII, an Australian based Pokémon game would be one I'd love to see next.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Gen 8's region is based on Australia.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If there is ever a Tasmanian Tiger based Pokemon, I would name him after Ty.
Inb4 you call a cassowary Boss Cass. Double points if he happens to be a Steel Type.

Though I would personally have a Fighting type just as a nod to the cassowary attacks.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you play video games on a regular basis (even if it's once a month), you're a "gamer."

Doesn't matter what game it is, or how long you play, or how good you are. You're a "gamer" through and through.
Then I don't see how the Wii upset the gamers according to @ManlySpirit . Gen VII was ironically one of Nintendo's best generation ever since the NES and SNES era. It made Nintendo back to it's golden age, but not as it used to be. That made Nintendo being a more kiddie and gimmicky gaming company with Wii's motion control and DS' dual screens. As for gamers like me, Gen VII wasn't that bad at all. Gen VII may be worst to Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo, but for gamers it wasn't.
>TFW you can't log into Overwatch

B-But I need my Lunar Lootboxes :(
I remember they said there's going to be a maintenance happening, not sure if it's over or not.
Or just try to login again.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I remember they said there's going to be a maintenance happening, not sure if it's over or not.
Or just try to login again.
The maintenance should be over now. It was supposed to be done at 10:00 AM today(now yesterday my time). That being said, there was a recent update though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
For some reason I've gotten it into my head that Pokemon will select regions by having an active playerbase rather than simply having a nice locale. They've broken a lot of conventions lately, so I may not be entirely sound on that, but that wasn't actually one of them since Hawaii has had a couple of Championships and does still have gaming stores.

Australia does actually have a playerbase though, I just see it as in a pool with several other such playerbase filled areas.

I wonder if there's another way to narrow it down post Japan-spamming. It's been Japan-Japan-Japan-Japan-US-Europe-US. Would they try alternating the US since it's their largest playerbase? Would they try spacing things out geographically?

I mean, I was wrong about them going Europe again right away, but they went a completely different direction in terms of an exotic locale than any of the fan region selections would have guessed either.

It'd be hilarious if they decided to go full left field and picked Chile or something. I've gotten trades from there before, but at the same time it's just not a place that gets much thought. It's completely overshadowed by Brazil and Peru in it's own continent and by dozens of other places on the whole, and yet. . .there it is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't the pokemon company visit someplace a little while back

That sometimes gives a clue where the next region could be located in

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Then I don't see how the Wii upset the gamers according to @ManlySpirit . Gen VII was ironically one of Nintendo's best generation ever since the NES and SNES era. It made Nintendo back to it's golden age, but not as it used to be. That made Nintendo being a more kiddie and gimmicky gaming company with Wii's motion control and DS' dual screens. As for gamers like me, Gen VII wasn't that bad at all. Gen VII may be worst to Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo, but for gamers it wasn't.

I believe the "gamers" he's referring to are the "hardcore gamers." Those who spend a large portion of their time indulging video games; even when they're not actively playing, they're still discussing video games. Basically think us.

The thing about the Wii is that it sold a **** ton of units, but afterwards faltered on it's software sales. There were games that sold a ton, but compared to the PS3/360, that list was tiny by comparison.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Didn't the pokemon company visit someplace a little while back

That sometimes gives a clue where the next region could be located in
I want to say it was Italy and that was part of why I insisted on it in the first place, but I honestly can't remember.

I do remember that they did, in fact, visit someplace. Probably.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm just going to go off the assumption that this means Ike won.

What you guys think?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to say it was Italy and that was part of why I insisted on it in the first place, but I honestly can't remember.

I do remember that they did, in fact, visit someplace. Probably.
Yeah, I think it was some place in Europe.

Although I think they should go with that Australia idea

But perhaps they misheard fans outcry of Australia as Austria

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If you wanted you could have made all 13 of your votes for the FE voting be characters that that appear in Smash who are either playable, Mii costumes, or assist trophies
1&2 both versions of Marth
3&4 both versions of Ike
5&6 both versions of Robin
7&8 both versions of Corrin
9 Roy
10 Lucina
11 Lyn
12 Chrom
13 Black Knight

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I believe the "gamers" he's referring to are the "hardcore gamers." Those who spend a large portion of their time indulging video games; even when they're not actively playing, they're still discussing video games. Basically think us.

The thing about the Wii is that it sold a **** ton of units, but afterwards faltered on it's software sales. There were games that sold a ton, but compared to the PS3/360, that list was tiny by comparison.
That maybe the case, but hardcore gamers like us are the minority. That's why Wii can sell really well, it attract those won't don't really care much about video games.

With that said, Wii did had many good titles, besides Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda,, Animal Crossing, Metriod did have their games on the console.
The maintenance should be over now. It was supposed to be done at 10:00 AM today(now yesterday my time). That being said, there was a recent update though.
I will check that patch notes soon.
So it seems to be bug fixes.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For some reason I've gotten it into my head that Pokemon will select regions by having an active playerbase rather than simply having a nice locale. They've broken a lot of conventions lately, so I may not be entirely sound on that, but that wasn't actually one of them since Hawaii has had a couple of Championships and does still have gaming stores.

Australia does actually have a playerbase though, I just see it as in a pool with several other such playerbase filled areas.

I wonder if there's another way to narrow it down post Japan-spamming. It's been Japan-Japan-Japan-Japan-US-Europe-US. Would they try alternating the US since it's their largest playerbase? Would they try spacing things out geographically?

I mean, I was wrong about them going Europe again right away, but they went a completely different direction in terms of an exotic locale than any of the fan region selections would have guessed either.

It'd be hilarious if they decided to go full left field and picked Chile or something. I've gotten trades from there before, but at the same time it's just not a place that gets much thought. It's completely overshadowed by Brazil and Peru in it's own continent and by dozens of other places on the whole, and yet. . .there it is.
I want to see them go to Africa this time tbh.

Partly because it can make for some interesting stuff - herds of Donphan and Girafarig roaming a Savannah, or groups of Pyroar on the hunt around a herd of Zebstrika.

An actual Pokémon Safari.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see them go to Africa this time tbh.

Partly because it can make for some interesting stuff - herds of Donphan and Girafarig roaming a Savannah, or groups of Pyroar on the hunt around a herd of Zebstrika.

An actual Pokémon Safari.
Yeah, that'd be good too.

I was just thinking of all the poisonous animals they could have in Australia

That and the fossil pokemon

Australian Mega Fauna.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Camel Spider is actually kind of cute, imo.

House Centipedes, however... those things are actually creepy. Various Cockroaches are nicer looking. >.> But eh, I don't mind 'em. Hell, the only issue with the Hissing Cockroach... is the hissing can kind of surprise you. It's not like with a snake where it feels entirely natural, this one feels out of place.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized Goodsmile Co. put these bad boys for preorder.:079:
Nendoroid Link: Breath Of The Wild Version.

It comes with some nice accesories like the Traveler's Sword, Wooden Shield, Bow, Arrow and Quiver and the Sheikah iPad.

Also there's a Deluxe Edition

This one includes everything from the standard version + Axe, a horse, a hood, a club and a chicken leg.

Release date for both is June 2017

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, I guess Ike is the winner of the FE ballot. (Or atleast, he must be VERY high)
We like Ike indeed.:ike:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wow yes the internet speed really is super fast..

Not. I've been loading this 18 second youtube video for 7 minutes.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra Mythra
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

I'M GOING TO NEED THE FULL IMAGE TO THAT AVATAR
You mean this one?

Man, Imgur was a **** when uploading this; it didn't acceped the booru's URL.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
:010:+:pt:+:109:= :dazwa:

Written in math.
It's not funny. Imagine having the surprise of something that hard and huge suddenly rammed down your throat.

I had to cough it up not to swallow it and ended spitting it out somewhere

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's not funny. Imagine having the surprise of something that held hard and huge suddenly rammed down your throat.

I had to cough it up not to swallow it and ended spitting it out somewhere
I am taking literally every part of this out of context and it is amazing to behold.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's interesting. ProtoMario sponsored one of Sandman's videos

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Anyone notice a mole cricket looks like someone cut two very different bugs in half and stuck them together lazily?
Great, now you're making me want to buy some noodles from it.

It's too early to be thinking about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom