• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Holy crap this area....'activate the switch'...'turn on the power'....'activate another switch'...'turn off the power'...'defeat a group of mechon'...'deactivate another switch'...'build a bomb'...'activate two switches'...'oh crap a random tyrant that bodied me'...'activate another ****ing switch'...
Can't complain about the music though...
That's the thing with Mechonis, is very sequential with the "go to X spot to move this mechanism and open this", the next area is similar but with more feels.

Also beware of this dude.

Easily one of the strongest Unique Monsters of the game due its absurd stats and moves.

The amazing visuals and awesome music is what make me like this Titan more than Bionis sometimes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh doing more bugs?

What happens when you take a spider and stick scorpion claws on it's face?

A Camel Spider happens...
*goes against better judgement and looks*

. . .That's one of those things from Iraq, isn't it?

Yeah, that ain't pretty at all. The mole cricket at least has cute eyes, this thing just looks like something straight out of a horror game.

Boooooy am I glad I don't live anywhere near these guys.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
*goes against better judgement and looks*

. . .That's one of those things from Iraq, isn't it?

Yeah, that ain't pretty at all. The mole cricket at least has cute eyes, this thing just looks like something straight out of a horror game.

Boooooy am I glad I don't live anywhere near these guys.
Ah, yes. Sunspiders/Wind Scorpions/Camel Spiders.
Those live in the U.S. too, although they aren't as big. I've only seen two.
Saw one in my house a few years back. First time I ever saw one. Was obviously freaked out. Saw a dead one in the yard a year or so later.

There's... only one Gen with Rock/Steel.

Gen 1: Rock/Water (x2) + Rock/Flying
Gen 3: Rock/Bug & Rock/Grass
Gen 4: Rock & Rock/Steel
Gen 5: Rock/Water & Rock/Flying
Gen 6: Rock/Ice & Rock/Dragon
Yeah, I know. I guess a better way to phrase it would've been "two gens with no new type combinations for fossils"
When I was making my post, I was wondering if some people would misinterpret me, and I guess I was right. :p

----

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For those of you that need proof that living in Australia is scary, look no further than the Burrowing Cockroach.

We also got the Giant Centipede, Giant Earthworm, Bulldog Ant, Goliath Stick Insect, and a slew of exotic deadly spiders too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, especially when it's cute as a house centipede. :p
House Centipedes may not be as disturbing looking as Camel Spiders, but after one jump scared me in the shower I'd rather not ever see one IRL again. It's not even that they're creepy looking so much as that they're way too fast for something that size. Oh, and finding out they were poisonous after it was all said and I got someone to rescue me definitely helped. Totally reassuring.

I just wanted my shampoo, man. I didn't ask for this.

*Screaming intensifies*

Ah, yes. Sunspiders/Wind Scorpions/Camel Spiders.
Those live in the U.S. too, although they aren't as big. I've only seen two.
Saw one in my house a few years back. First time I ever saw one. Was obviously freaked out. Saw a dead one in the yard a year or so later.

----
Well, uh. . . . . . .

*checks range*

I shall amend that to "Boy am I glad that I do not live in the desert."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
House Centipedes may not be as disturbing looking as Camel Spiders, but after one jump scared me in the shower I'd rather not ever see one IRL again. It's not even that they're creepy looking so much as that they're way too fast for something that size. Oh, and finding out they were poisonous after it was all said and I got someone to rescue me definitely helped. Totally reassuring.

I just wanted my shampoo, man. I didn't ask for this.

*Screaming intensifies*
Just you know, the venom from these species can only kill small animals (frogs) and bugs.

I've been bit by them before, trust me. You'll just get an annoying rash at best that would go away with enough treatment.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
User was warned for this post
Penguin's are cute

Mod edit: Picture is a bit too inappropriate. Make sure to warn and put in spoilers for ones that are a bit over the top(but not explicit enough to be a full out problem).

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
For those of you that need proof that living in Australia is scary, look no further than the Burrowing Cockroach.

We also got the Giant Centipede, Giant Earthworm, Bulldog Ant, Goliath Stick Insect, and a slew of exotic deadly spiders too.
Having never lived in a place infested by roaches, my main exposure has been through the docile Madagascan Hissing Cockroach. Needless to say that the intimidation factor of roaches has been completely ruined for me. Those are some awful spiky legs, though.

The centipede, ant, and spiders are enough. Earthworms and stickbugs are more cool facts than anything, though. Oh, and you guys have those neat giant green butterflies somewhere. I guess if you're from a place where they symbolize death that's scary, but for an American it's more "Can I see the giant butterfly please?. . .without the other, scarier stuff?"

Just you know, the venom from these species can only kill small animals (frogs) and bugs.

I've been bit by them before, trust me. You'll just get an annoying rash at best that would go away with enough treatment.
I'd. . .rather not try.

Although at least to an extent I'm complaining more about the location. That's up there with the spider making a web in the middle of the toilet bowl right when I'm sitting down in terms of "nope" places. Took me days to fully recover from both.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Roaches are gross but by itself its harmless.

It's the diseases the little ******** carry.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What if we...

COMBINE CUTE CRITTERS AND BUGS?!?!?!
Aight, I suppose some of these tiny critters are alright

There's also some cute spiders out there too

CAMEL SPIDERS ARE GROSS *** ARACHNIDS!
I don't give a ****. If it's nasty, it's a bug and it should be squashed (unless it's a giant bug that makes a disgusting popping sound. In that case, figure something else out to get rid of it)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's a theory going around for Super Mario Odyssey that there's actually a rabbit in Mario's cap rather than being alive.

This image is sparking this debate:

I can see why some would believe this but I'm not backing it 100% yet.
That makes a lot of sense. Especially with the little door and hats. Plus we don't see mario with his hat at certain scenes in the flying hat thing.

It also supports GX's theory that the rabbits manipulated bowser into coming to the world.
Then.. how the **** did those humans get there
They use the Donkey Kong Rails obviously.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Roaches are gross but by itself its harmless.

It's the diseases the little ******** carry.
OK, yeah in light of that I'd probably want to make a wide circle around that roach, and any other burrowing Australian animal for that matter.

They've got some kind of horrible terminal illness in the soil somewhere.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

That's not nearly as scary as all of the **** that can literally kill you in Australia...

Sydney Funnel Web, Bird-eating Spider, Inland Taipan, Tiger Snake, Box Jellyfish, Blue-ringed Octopus, etc...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's not nearly as scary as all of the **** that can literally kill you in Australia...

Sydney Funnel Web, Bird-eating Spider, Inland Taipan, Tiger Snake, Box Jellyfish, Blue-ringed Octopus, etc...
True.

Most of the animals mentioned are FAR more deadlier compared to these "cuddly" crawlers.

Jellies are responsible for plenty of beach related accidents for a long time. This is why I be wary of the water over there.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
But if we want cute bugs...then look no further than these light saber weilding peacock spiders...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The sad thing is that the Blue-Ringed Octarian is actually kind of adorable.

It's also one of the most dangerous animals alive. Yay.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine a Pokémon region based on Australia ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That would be a dream come true. Mostly new Ground, Water, Fighting, and Poison types.

I remember someone making a video on it. Though I'm not sure where I found it.

Maybe then Komala would be actually useful with an evolution.

Turn it to a real dropbear or something. Like Big Koala from Yugioh.
> Implying Komala isn't already useful in Alola

Git gud.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The sad thing is that the Blue-Ringed Octarian is actually kind of adorable.

It's also one of the most dangerous animals alive. Yay.
That's the land of Oz for ya...record breaking for things that can kill you...
For example, I believe 9 out of the 10 most venomous snakes in the world reside in Australia...
The 10th being the Black Mamba in Africa...

Poison types everywhere...

and a proper Kangaroo pokemon as well...

I actually wouldn't mind a Perentie Pokemon either...

I actually love these lizards...Big fan of the 'Goannas' of Australia...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got a 3/8 on an online quiz.

Bumping my 90% to a 78%.

I'm pissed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm pretty sure most normal Pokemon can already kill you pretty easy without Aussie power.

And since humans in that universe are evolved from Pokemon and probably just forgot how to use moves when they learned how to talk, they'd likely hold up better anyway.

The real fun would be ending up in some region full of Legendaries from a mythology where people are fairly disposable. The Tapus are already a bit borderline with Tapu Lele being a cancer causing troll, but that's just the battle facility legal kind. Imagine a cover Legendary that decided to be a bit of a jerk, not out of instinct like the Gen 3 ones or as a reincarnation thing like (games, I heard the anime one was a jerk) Yveltal, but just for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hear Hear. I would love to see a region based on Australia - there's plenty of untapped potential for new designs. Cockatoos and Kookaburras for new bird Pokémon, trap-door spiders, lyrebirds, possums... and I wonder how a Dreamtime inspired design would go, something like the Rainbow serpent...

Australia also has several biomes to work from alone, dense and hot rainforests, beautiful mountain scenery with vertigo inducing heights, urban jungles based on Melbourne and Sydney, the inviting shores of Bondi (Except the beached jellyfish that will kill you if you touch it's tentacles), the sandy plains near the central part of the country and Uluru/Ayers Rock...

Consider me on the instant pre-order should the next region be based on Australia. And maybe a regional version of Stunfisk so it get's it's proper Poison type... and for me to loathe it even more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom