• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Neena went riding in the hills. At one point, however, her horse Dakota, stumbled and was hurt. Neena left Dakota and walked back home to call her vet. Neena figures Dakota walks about twice as fast as she does. If Dakota was hurt about 8 miles into her ride and her whole trip took 4 hours total, how fast did Neena walk?"

Is it me or is this question... awkward?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, just to re-sum it up:

Next I will provide a follow-up report about our software publisher partners. After the presentation on January 13, we have continued to receive requests from more and more software publishers who want to develop games for the system. At the presentation, we announced that there were over 80 titles in development from more than 50 software publishers, but that number has now climbed to over 100 titles from more than 70 publishers. Please look forward to more announcements about the software lineup in the future.
The wording on the translation for the briefing basically confirms that the 100+ games are ONLY the games from their "software publisher partners."

This means that it's 100+ games PLUS anything Nintendo is working on in-house, so games like Splatoon, Mario, ARMS, etc. DO NOT ACTUALLY COUNT TOWARDS THE 100+ GAMES.

I have no idea how games owned by Nintendo but made by other companies like Smash and Pokken work or even second party like Pokemon for that matter, but any Nintendo game already announced isn't part of the quota, nor is anything unannounced that at minimum would be in-house. And if they were, it would be a bit concerning because this already indicates the majority of the titles are indie with that many different publishers on there.

As for what the jump means, it's likely with that number that 20 different indie companies have managed to get into contact with Nintendo since the presentation, each bringing a single game along with them.

For normal gamers, there probably isn't much of interest. For the indie loving community, however, if it's managed to increase this much in a little over half a month alone then you guys are probably in for a treat with this system.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
This leads to a core question on what exactly is a true gamer? Are only those who play video games daily on PC, handhled, and home console count as a gamer? Or just simply play any video games occasionally is a gamer?
Myself I think I am between, as a dude who just likes Nintendo games I am a gamer, but that doesn't mean I won't try something new. I will love playing with motion controls and tradition control as long as I play with the games I like.
If you play video games on a regular basis (even if it's once a month), you're a "gamer."

Doesn't matter what game it is, or how long you play, or how good you are. You're a "gamer" through and through.

D

Deleted member

Good night, sweet prince. For real, this time.

Like I had mentioned before, its run was certainly a bad one for Nintendo, although we did get great games out of it. Despite the low sales of the platform, I've enjoyed my time with it so far. I don't regret purchasing it, since I got access to a small, but great library of software along with it.

Of course, the system isn't going to stop working just because production has ended, so there are still many games left to play. I expect online services to remain active for at least one more year. I think Reggie will end up being right by saying the system will be remembered fondly just like the GameCube is today.

Well, onto the next thing, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thanks to all the users who wished me a happy existance day.

View attachment 125525

Ya'll are OK in my book.
Forgot to do it earlier, so I might as well do it now.

Happy Birthday |Ersatz|! Hope you had a fantastic day today!

As an added bonus, here's a picture of Levi smiling. I don't know who you're favorite AoT character is, but since you mentioned a while back you had Levi as an avatar, I thought I'd find a picture of a happy Levi just for you.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I decided to take more time and playthrough Pokemon Sun at a slower pace. Granted, I'm right before the Pokemon League, so I will probably need to train up my team some more. Only my starter is at 50.

D

Deleted member

TIL New Donk City is a city on top of another building(s?)

Mind blown

:061:
Where the hell are Taxis going then? :p Is it for people that are that lazy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just realized that Nintendo and some indies have the opportunity to create a kind of symbiotic relationship with the Switch. The Switch allows indie companies whose games are bad fits for mobile to cart around their games and show them off anywhere without having to drag around an entire setup, while doing so would also by extension show off the Switch.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Cute cry.
I love the Kalos fossils and their new typings.
A welcome relief from two gens of Rock/Steel and Rock/Water fossils.

----
There's... only one Gen with Rock/Steel.

Gen 1: Rock/Water (x2) + Rock/Flying
Gen 3: Rock/Bug & Rock/Grass
Gen 4: Rock & Rock/Steel
Gen 5: Rock/Water & Rock/Flying
Gen 6: Rock/Ice & Rock/Dragon

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just realized that Nintendo and some indies have the opportunity to create a kind of symbiotic relationship with the Switch. The Switch allows indie companies whose games are bad fits for mobile to cart around their games and show them off anywhere without having to drag around an entire setup, while doing so would also by extension show off the Switch.
I'm not sure I follow why this would be a good idea for indie devs

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me: "So those ****s stole your Wii U with the Smash Bros. disk in it, what are you going to do"
Friend: "Pre-order the ****in Switch, bro"
Me: "YEAAAAAAAAH"
Friend:"YEAAAAAAAAAGH"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The cool thing about shinies is that they are very rare and make you feel lucky or rewarded.

What's the point of hacking one? It doesn't feel satisfying at all, IMO.
Well I dont really care for shinies in the first place so it doesn't feel back hacking them in for me
They are just different colors really

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not sure I follow why this would be a good idea for indie devs
. . .Just me being optimistic, I guess.

I had a little image in my head like people showing off stuff on a Switch at conventions in the same manner as one would show off a little folder of a business at a festival, but upon slight reflection that's not how indie works at all.

*sigh* Sometimes I wish my optimism were actually on a realistic level that could actually bring other people up instead of just dragging me down with my own lack of reality.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Anyone notice a mole cricket looks like someone cut two very different bugs in half and stuck them together lazily?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Holy crap this area....'activate the switch'...'turn on the power'....'activate another switch'...'turn off the power'...'defeat a group of mechon'...'deactivate another switch'...'build a bomb'...'activate two switches'...'oh crap a random tyrant that bodied me'...'activate another ****ing switch'...
Can't complain about the music though...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Anyone notice a mole cricket looks like someone cut two very different bugs in half and stuck them together lazily?
Three from the way I'm looking at it.

Like they rammed an earwig and a beetle together at the ends and I don't even know what the middle is.

Probably means we're getting this as a Pokemon in 2-3 generations. Or not, seeing as it took until Gen 7 to get stuff as basic as a cockroach and a mosquito and even those ended up being eldritch horrors.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Oooh thats a Mole Cricket? I didnt know thats what they looked like
Can you hack a Shiny Nihilego?
Sadly, I can only hack Pokemon in X and Y, I downloaded Moon :034:

I think Cyn can but she is probably busy most of the time

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Three from the way I'm looking at it.

Like they rammed an earwig and a beetle together at the ends and I don't even know what the middle is.

Probably means we're getting this as a Pokemon in 2-3 generations. Or not, seeing as it took until Gen 7 to get stuff as basic as a cockroach and a mosquito and even those ended up being eldritch horrors.
There's a cockroach and mosquito pokemon?

Edit: Duh, Buzzwole and Pheromosa

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh doing more bugs?

What happens when you take a spider and stick scorpion claws on it's face?

A Camel Spider happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom