• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Torterra's pretty nice in game at least. Superpower, Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Stone Edge.

No Effect
Not Very Effective
Normal Effectiveness
Super Effective

Super Effective against the majority of pokemon

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Within it's respective tier, NU(which is not as much of an insult as it once was), it's pretty good. You just have to watch out for fire types as they're a prominent threat in NU.
That's tier-specific, in which case I have no knowledge of because I usually play UU/OU/Random. In general, a 4x weakness to Ice mixed with a crap Speed base is bad.

Tier-wise, I've no doubt its good.

Chrono.

So remember the video I posted yesterday of Guilmon with the very deep voice?

Turns out his VA is none other than Dan ****ing Green.

Aka Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi and former Knuckles the Echidna VA.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My Advance Wars game would basically be a remake of the original game so that'd make making the characters a bit easier. lol

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Even though I have practically no idea what you're talking about when it comes to that video and such (although I have heard of Dan Green before), obligatory "It's time to duel!" :p

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

"It's time to D-D-D-D-D-DIGIEVOLVE"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

So,D-D-D-D-D-DEEP VOICE

Kappa.png

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying to find the 4 moves with the best type coverage

So far I got

Edit:

No Effect
Not Very Effective
Normal Effectiveness
Super Effective

Fairy, Grass, Rock, Ground

Edit 2:

No Effect
Not Very Effective
Normal Effectiveness
Super Effective

Grass, Ice, Fighting, Ground

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Doesn't TV Tropes have a minor Large Ham gag about Dan Green?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/DanGreen

Yep.

Oh, and, uh, a bit of an NSFW warning. Some only semi-censored profanity and an off fact about his job history.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wonder how many people saw this in their twitter feed

Also y'all are stupid for that article. It confirmed mutha****ing Hector. And now we wait till the almighty invincible Hector speaks. Hopefully Patrick Seitz

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized the pokemon with the ultimate type coverage

Abomasnow

Wood Hammer, Ice punch, Brick Break, Earthquake

SE against 700 different pokemon

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That sounds like something Donald Duck would totally say

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder how many people saw this in their twitter feed

Also y'all are stupid for that article. It confirmed mutha****ing Hector. And now we wait till the almighty invincible Hector speaks. Hopefully Patrick Seitz
Plot twist: it's FE6 Hector with 10% growths and he cannot defeat Zephiel

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The Wii U gave me Splatoon, so I have that much of a reason to keep the console.
Unless they shut down the online.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just as an aside...

People always say portable consoles do well in Japan because of transit, but... using your mobile phone on a Japanese train is a social taboo, and against the rules of transit. Also, when I went there two years ago, not a single person on the trains was using their phone or a console. Not one. People read books, talked with friends, napped, or just stared out the window while listening to music.

I know portables do fairly well in Japan, but I don't think it's cause of transit. I'd like to see a source on the use of these devices, and why mobiles aren't an option, as mobiles and mobile gaming are in fact growing MOST quickly in Asia.
Hohoho, if you are in Taiwan when going on a train, bus, or subway. Nearly everyone is using their phone.
Nah, get a PS4 instead senpai
The only PS4 game I want for now is NieR:Automata and that's pretty much it. I might as well buy the PC version.
If you aren't in to Nintendo games that's perfectly fine. But as for me Switch is definitely a better choice when it has most of the games I want.
Finally won a match on Overwatch this week! Reaper ftw.
29 hours of using Reaper and I'm still suck LOL

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want me to make, er, go and catch you a shiny one of those?
Nah, lol. I'm good. I've already got a shiny Abomasnow. It's one of my favs so I breed one ages ago.

I've already transferred all my old pokemon to this gen

Just theorizing potentials

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't argue against the Wii U's library being quality, but it was either so derivative, safe and bland, unnecessarily obtuse, or soon to be surpassed by the next iteration I don't understand why it gets as lauded as it does. It's fine, and for many companies it would be well above average, but frankly I find it BY FAR the least resonating library of a Nintendo console. I think every other Nintendo console since the NES provided us with software that pushed the envelope more and had a greater impact than the Wii U's offerings.

The only exceptions (imo - and not counting BotW) are Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, and maybe Nintendo Land (which Nintendo mishandled). And as far as legacy goes, I don't see any games other than the former two being widely canonized. Like in 10 years, how many Wii U games do you think are going to make "greatest games" lists?

Hohoho, if you are in Taiwan when going on a train, bus, or subway. Nearly everyone is using their phone.
I don't think that's exclusive to Taiwan...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The only PS4 game I want for now is NieR:Automata and that's pretty much it. I might as well buy the PC version.
If you aren't in to Nintendo games that's perfectly fine. But as for me Switch is definitely a better choice when it has most of the games I want.
I'm in similar-ish boat. My PS3 was a Ratchet and Clank and Sonic box mostly, with a couple of other games that don't carry over onto Nintendo like Rocket Knight thrown in there. Ratchet and Clank pumped out two alternative playstyle games and what was essentially a half-game after I started following that series and then for the PS4 made only a movie adaption when the entire concept of that turns me off a bit before proceeding to move on to other games, meanwhile both new Sonic games are gonna be on the Switch (thank you Tantalus!). I don't have much reason to buy a PS4, really.

I have a certain trope that tends to lure me into games. It, uh. . .starts with "Bad" and ends with "Adorable," and I'm probably better off leaving you all to fill in the blank yourselves. Sony's games usually skew mostly for the first part and outside of Ratchet tend to whiff the latter for me when they try for it, meanwhile Nintendo has a TON of output with that trope in full effect.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't argue against the Wii U's library being quality, but it was either so derivative, safe and bland, unnecessarily obtuse, or soon to be surpassed by the next iteration I don't understand why it gets as lauded as it does. It's fine, and for many companies it would be well above average, but frankly I find it BY FAR the least resonating library of a Nintendo console. I think every other Nintendo console since the NES provided us with software that pushed the envelope more and had a greater impact than the Wii U's offerings.

The only exceptions (imo - and not counting BotW) are Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, and maybe Nintendo Land (which Nintendo mishandled). And as far as legacy goes, I don't see any games other than the former two being widely canonized. Like in 10 years, how many Wii U games do you think are going to make "greatest games" lists?
I dunno.

I kind of disagree. I think several Wii U titles could make it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I don't think that's exclusive to Taiwan...
Well, there's always Devil's 3rd for when AVGN style retro reviews come back.

I'd add Xenoblade Chronicles X to the standout (fortherightreasons) list but YMMV if it shook things up enough.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think there's a couple that can make a "Greatest Hits" list even if I don't particularly care much for them.

Bayonetta 2
Maybe Super Mario 3D World
Splatoon
If it actually is good, BotW. Although, that may be treated more like a Switch game, like how Twilight Princess was seen more as a Wii game.

But, I feel like, that's it. Maybe a couple others, but for the most part it's just a small handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom