• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wouldn't missile launchers of some kind be more the modern equivalent of a ballistae? I would think most other typical modern military units would have the same or more range as a machine gun.

That's just me mulling over the concept, though. I wouldn't say anything if I wasn't at least interested enough to think it over for a second.
How about both since Fates had a shuriken shooting thing too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
She disagreed with an unconstitutional act, if anyone should be punished it's Trump himself
What he did was fire her so he could get someone that doesn't care about the legality of it and want to get rid of muslims just as much as him
As sketchy and bad as Trump is.

Golden is right.

This happens all the time in politics all around the world.

lily.

Smash Rookie
Unrelated to the (enjoyable) post content, but what's going on in your sig?

I have no idea what's happening but upon watching it I really want to.
It's a scene from Medaka box. Kumagawa (the one with the screw) uses his ability to remove colour from the world because the person he's fighting uses colours to fight.

D

Deleted member

She disagreed with an unconstitutional act, if anyone should be punished it's Trump himself
What he did was fire her so he could get someone that doesn't care about the legality of it and want to get rid of muslims just as much as him
What Trump has done isn't unconstitutional though. He's put a hold certain countries. Which have Muslim majorities, he didn't ban muslims altogether.

He's certaintly not the first president to do this, even Obama did this.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah and no.

Obama did put bans on certain countries (I mean even sanctions which near everyone does qualify) but never quite as broad and wide as Trump's current ban.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's a theory going around for Super Mario Odyssey that there's actually a rabbit in Mario's cap rather than being alive.

This image is sparking this debate:

I can see why some would believe this but I'm not backing it 100% yet.

D

Deleted member

Yeah and no.

Obama did put bans on certain countries (I mean even sanctions which near everyone does qualify) but never quite as broad and wide as Trump's current ban.
You get what I mean, I mean that restricting immigration in general is nothing new. There's no constitutional obligation to let people in.

D

Deleted member

Jojo AI keeps throwing bull**** at me because Vanilla Ice can suddenly be as broken as he is in the manga indefinitely
As sketchy and bad as Trump is.

Golden is right.

This happens all the time in politics all around the world.
What Trump has done isn't unconstitutional though. He's put a hold certain countries. Which have Muslim majorities, he didn't ban muslims altogether.

So you're trying to tell me a president can just ban whoever he wants without reasoning and no one can disagree with him? What the hell!?

D

Deleted member

Yeah and no.

Trump's current ban is a literal extension of Obama's ban.

The countries listed in the executive order are countries which were picked by congress and approved by Obama in 2015. Trump did NOT choose the list of countries.

Jojo AI keeps throwing bull**** at me because Vanilla Ice can suddenly be as broken as he is in the manga indefinitely

So you're trying to tell me a president can just ban whoever he wants without reasoning and no one can disagree with him? What the hell!?
Is this how you embed Tweets on here?

in response to "you know after reading the executive order directly, it really isn't as bad as the media says it is."

Also, LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah and no.

Although the ban list WAS created by Obama, just never implemented until Trump

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm not saying that it isn't a flaw, I'm just saying that's the way it is, the people don't get a say in the big descisions aside from the person that makes them.(Well, some times we do.) The president can make some big orders especially since he has the entire house backing him since it's practically just republican now. And a republican house is partly why Obama couldn't get much done, contrary to Trump who already has made huge descisions in a short amount of time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The ban is unfortunately constitutional, but I was referring to firing staff that refuse to follow orders.

You have to understand, she didn't just disagree, she straight up refused.

If someone refuses to do something, you get someone else to do it.

Just the way it goes. It's a very common thing that happens all over the world. Heck I just learned from FalKoopa FalKoopa that in India, members of political parties simply don't let their disagreements be known.

Also, Hi Fal! I'm tagging you.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm talking 2020 onward fam.

This year we see 10nm chips enter production:
http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2017.htm#transistor-size-timeline

and 2020 is when we hit the limit of Poe's law thanks to Quantum Tunneling with the 5nm chips:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_nanometer

Which means that in 3 years time, mobile phones will be even MORE powerful than what the current 14nm ones can do (for the record, Pascal is 14nm, and Maxwell is 20nm. Thus, mobile phones of the 2020s will be 2-4x more powerful than the strongest tablets in the current market, which, I should note that the Microsoft Surface can play Doom at medium high settings, and run Dolphin Emulator at 1080p 60fps.

Combine that with 5G networking:
http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2020.htm#mobilestandard

And 2020s will be dope. Like I said, the next generation of gaming will go through some radical changes, and I didn't even mention VR and how that's expected to get a massive upgrade by 2020 thanks to 10k mobile screens.
Ah. I guess I got confused because an all-PC gaming ecosystem is pretty much how it is here. Consoles are considered a luxury and the overall versatility of computers means almost everyone is a PC gamer.

Also because PC games are much cheaper, thanks Steam.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I marry an Indian doctor koopa?

Well I guess, that's better than where I came from.
Yoooo I have a grandparent-in-law that's an Indian doctor.

I hardly even know them and I'm not even sure if I've seen them in person after I was at my uncle's wedding when I was seven and for at least three years now they've given me more cash for Christmas than a lot of my closer relatives.

Indian doctors are awesome, man.

Turtles I don't have a verdict on, but people say Bowser is a good father.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It's a scene from Medaka box. Kumagawa (the one with the screw) uses his ability to remove colour from the world because the person he's fighting uses colours to fight.
That sounds pretty cool. I need to watch the series then.

Or you could post the whole scene if you have it. Either works :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm...

I already gave my Adamant Wimpod Max Attack.

Should I invest in Speed or HP?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What about Torterra?

I'm unsure if I should invest in speed there as well.

Same case, Adamant, Max Attack.

People are posting abttl eballots but that would mean editing screenshots from my phone whiich sis to much of a hassle

So ill just say it was one for marth and caeda, like 2 for Ninian, and the rest between :4feroy: and Lyn

Also, it's weird as hell coming home from work with the sun still out
:061:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yoooo I have a grandparent-in-law that's an Indian doctor.

I hardly even know them and I'm not even sure if I've seen them in person after I was at my uncle's wedding when I was seven and for at least three years now they've given me more cash for Christmas than a lot of my closer relatives.

Indian doctors are awesome, man.

Turtles I don't have a verdict on, but people say Bowser is a good father.
Funny, I wanted to be doctor when I was a child. I changed my mind when I realised I won't be able to handle the squick nature of the job. >_>

D

Deleted member

What about Torterra?

I'm unsure if I should invest in speed there as well.

Same case, Adamant, Max Attack.
Anything with less than 80 speed should never have any speed investment unless it's very, very minor to slightly outspeed the pokemon of the same speed.

There's only a few exceptions like Metagross and Scizor.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Strangely Smogon recommends giving Spe to Torterra, but I wouldn't bother.

It's probably just to help it against certain other slow low tier pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess, if you have a perfect speed IV Torterra that's Jolly and has 252 EV's in Speed it reaches just shy of 600 speed after Rock Polish. Which outspeeds Mewtwo. Combine that with Torterra's bulk you have a pretty good pokemon

Although that 4x weakness to ice is kinda killer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can utilize its Speed but only if you're using Rock Polish. And it must be 252 if doing so.
Oh yeah, I forgot it had rock polish.

This makes it one of those few exceptions I was talking about then. But only if you're using it in a rock polish set.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Anything with less than 80 speed should never have any speed investment unless it's very, very minor to slightly outspeed the pokemon of the same speed.

There's only a few exceptions like Metagross and Scizor.
To add to those exceptions- Some build into their slow Pokémon's Speed to outpace their specific threats as well.
Oh yeah, I forgot it had rock polish.

This makes it one of those few exceptions I was talking about then. But only if you're using it in a rock polish set.
Honestly I don't recommend it. Its just there if you want to do it. I prefer bulky Band.

Actually, that's a lie. I prefer using better Pokémon but that's not the point. :v

D

Deleted member

Honestly I don't recommend it. Its just there if you want to do it. I prefer bulky Band.

Actually, that's a lie. I prefer using better Pokémon but that's not the point. :v
Within it's respective tier, NU(which is not as much of an insult as it once was), it's pretty good. You just have to watch out for fire types as they're a prominent threat in NU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom