• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Roger Jr. is not being included in Tekken 7 because the dev team was afraid to put him in the game due to that video of that one guy punching a kangaroo to save his dog. They were afraid of animal rights activists reacting negatively to it, since they got riled up over the video.

No, seriously.

http://www.pcgamer.com/animal-activists-get-boxing-kangaroo-roger-jr-cut-from-western-tekken-7/

I guess nobody understands Father Ted's diagram these days.

What about Kuma or Panda? They are animals too
#BearLivesMatter
Finally hit the part of Stardust Crusaders where the good villains start showing up: I really did like Hol Horse, N'doul, the two Brothers, and Mariah, but D'arby and Pet Shop kinda blow them out of the water IMO.
Egypt has undoubtely better fights than the first half
Hell, the only ones I remember clearly from it are Hanged Man, Justice and Death 13 but I remember the majority of the Egipcian Stands and loved their fights
Pet Shop is one of my favorite fights, Vanilla Ice poses an actual threat and the first D'Arby is just GUREAITO

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Turns out there's also battle damage versions too.

Also got Chrom on that front.

4c168aee227898f623f28a2490c87173.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thanks.

Here you go Opossum Opossum

Aaaaand saved. Rolled and got Chrom as well, too. :p

Yeah, not to mention one kick from an adult kangaroo and you're dead. The average kangaroo is easily stronger than an average human. Which makes the "Kuma stays because bears are stronger than humans" logic absurd.

Even without that, I just think it's absurd that people can't differentiate between fantasy and reality. It's not like the Roger family are enemy characters exclusively or something, you can play as them too. And despite the photo-realism to their design, they are very much animated in an exaggerated fashion, and their ending scenes have a cartoon sitcom feel to them. It's the same kind of baseless logic that causes the whole "video games cause school shootings" nonsense on the news.

It's not like the Roger family are new characters either. They've been in the series in some shape or form for over a decade. They're fairly well known all ready.
Not to mention it's arguably worse that Kuma is playable and not Roger Jr., going by their logic. Abuse toward bears is actually a decently sized issue (lots of illegal hunting, mistreated captive bears circus or otherwise, people removing their teeth and claws only to beat them up for "fun"). Kangaroos, to my knowledge, don't suffer nearly as much abuse from people.

So yeah, a whole lot of irony.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wait, wait!? I don't remember anything about a third level of boost in MK8 Deluxe.

What other small tweaks are there?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Got Lilina's battle art.
Can't say I'm that interested in these though, since they're just copied form Heroes art and they're only 720p anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just remembered Black Panther means if DCEU's Cyborg film bombs they can't blame the black protagonist for the movie failing. As far as I know the only white actor cast in that movie is Bucky's actor
Isn't Klaw a villain in that film? He should be white like he is in the comics. I know Man-Ape is in the film, and he's usually also a villain too. So maybe he'll be the only antagonist.

That said, I think Wonder Woman at least will be successful. I don't think it will break major records or anything, given a couple reasons. 1, people aren't the biggest fans of the DCEU films and 2, rather empty marketing. But it will do fine in spite of this I feel. Can't say about Cyborg, he might be a hard sell without the other Teen Titans. Static I think could carry his own movie, if they ever feel like pulling something off with him.

Can't say I'm excited about Carol Danvers, I was never invested in her character like that. Too bad the female superheroes I do like wouldn't likely get their own film namely Storm, Raven, Rogue, Black Cat or Starfire. Storm's could have her go up against the Shadow King. A Black Cat movie would basically be a Catwoman film, but hopefully not awful.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I got all of the wallpapers.

For some reason, Ryoma only seems to have one. He also talks when you get him, as if he's supposed to be extra rare or something.

D

Deleted member

What about those wallpapers for the top 10 voted heroes? They wdre supposed to be released monthly, whatever happened to them?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What about those wallpapers for the top 10 voted heroes? They wdre supposed to be released monthly, whatever happened to them?
They did release Roy and Lucina ones at the same time.

I won't forget that since I spent time editing Roy's to remove the calendar text.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And this is a 10 day event by the way. There should be Blue or Green units tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

"Hi, I'm @Shishœ, and I think that anything that's not bright colorful rainbows and has cute kawaii eyes is dark and edgy."

Oh yeah? Well you're edgy Shisho, how dare you challenge my sense of style.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Like I said in the MM Social, I only care if 9/10 get a physical release (would assume DLC content included). Other than that I'll only get it if it's on sale like the first collection.

The older games I find overrated, MM2 especially:
7 is fantastic once you get past the text heavy intro level.
8 is solid and has some customization, but the gimmicky levels might turn people off.
9 is the best in the Classic series hands down come at me bruh. certainlythebestweaponselection10/10
10 is average all around but it does have the largest character/weapon selection in the series.

Ignoring X5-7, an X Collection would be great; more people need to play X8. I would just cross my fingers that it might also include the awesome handheld titles.
I would agree with most of this. Except MM3 is probably the best Classic game. It gave us the slide, man. And Rush. And Protoman. It deserves respect for that. But MM7 is also fantastic. MM8 is easily one of the best looking 2D platformers though, I really like the animations. But I've been waiting for a physical version of MM9 and 10. I'd also hope for MM&B, but I ain't getting my hopes up for that one.

If this is real, I'll wait to see if it'll be on 3DS. I hope it will be.

X5 was great

It just had too much dialogue

Although, it's the only X game I played since X.

So, for all I know X2-4 could be better

Edit: Besides, X5 bosses were Guns N' Roses

Trust me, Mega Man X2 and Mega Man X4 are FAR better game than X5. X3 is also pretty good, but the levels can be empty at times. X5 is only okay. I would also recommend Mega Man X8.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait, wait!? I don't remember anything about a third level of boost in MK8 Deluxe.

What other small tweaks are there?
I heard they removed something called Fire Hopping. . .? That'd be another small tweak, right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A Contra movie? You literally would just put Arnold's character from Predator, clone him and plop him and the clone into the setting of Aliens. Anything else, and it'll be ****ed up.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I almost completely forgot because I was tired, but a classmate gave me these today, completely out of the blue.

Tails had dirt on him at first but I cleaned him up to be good as new.

IMG_20170428_211401.jpg

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since it has just been brought up, I might as well ask this now as a new discussion topic for all the Mario Kart fans here:

1) Do you know how to do fire-hopping and/or demon-sliding? Do you find yourself doing these tactics always, often, rarely, or never at all?

2) What are your thoughts about the removal of fire-hopping from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Since it has just been brought up, I might as well ask this now as a new discussion topic for all the Mario Kart fans here:

1) Do you know how to do fire-hopping and/or demon-sliding? Do you find yourself doing these tactics always, often, rarely, or never at all?

2) What are your thoughts about the removal of fire-hopping from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
1( Nope, dont know how, never used them
2) Cant say I care much about it being gone

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Knew how to do fire-hopping. But never did it beyond initially messing around with it because why would I play Mario Kart if I'm not gonna have Rosalina in the racing suit and on the Comet Bike (and sometimes the Yoshi Bike and the Standard ATV)?

I'm indifferent to it's removal. It's probably for the better all around, but I wouldn't be bothered if it was still there.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been reading the NeoGAF thread on ARMS. Not only am I surprised by the overwhelming positive reception in the comments (they can't stop talking about Min Min for starters), but they showed me the game is DEEEEEEEEP in lore (they went to town on just on single photo of Helix's stage).

Why can't I have the game now?

D

Deleted member

"Hi, I'm @Shishœ, and I think that anything that's not bright colorful rainbows and has cute kawaii eyes is dark and edgy."

Oh yeah? Well you're edgy Shisho, how dare you challenge my sense of style.
You showed me a ****ing shirtless emo in a black and white picture, don't pretend it isn't edgy

D

Deleted member

meta-chart.png
This chart is very accurate.

You showed me a ****ing shirtless emo in a black and white picture, don't pretend it isn't edgy
1. Not my fault that he's a good example of my style, I AM edgy after all. So maybe his style just fits me.(Why do you think I didn't smile for awhile? The only reason why is because everyone tells me to.)

2. It's Metal/Rock hair, not emo. It's the cool kind of edgy.

3. Black and white isn't edgy, is this edgy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom