• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my luck is surprisingly good for FE Heroes. I did another summon and got my main waifu immediately as 5 star.

If you know me you should know who that is.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
200cc is too beautiful for words. CPUs slam into walls and fall off so easily it made the slowdown hell that Rainbow Road was extremely fun. Also, Im loving the Inkstrike Bike Quad body part, it works so gloriously with my Mii and the Inklings, Standard Tires and the Standard Paraglider.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So I wake up and suddenly there's a new focus and an increased SP event in Heroes. Huh.

The focus would be cool if I actually had any orbs to pull from it. :<

Also, new voting gauntlet soon: Mage Mayhem
This time they're making a comeback mechanic where flags on the losing team are worth 3x what they are on the winning team. That's something, guess.
I'll probably support either Julia or Linde as I like their characters from their respective games, though I'm not expecting either to triumph over Tharja (even with the 3x bonus). If it comes down to Robin vs. Tharja, I'll go with Robin since I like him in Smash Bros.

But really, as you mentioned before what worries me about this situation is that there's going to be four different banners across these next two weeks, and all of them have at least one strong character in them. So if you want the best characters, you'll have to either hope IS is kind to you and they'll start giving out Orbs or spend a lot of money to get them.

Me, I just want Julia and Ninian, so stop jerking me around Heroes!

Last edited:

Chrono.

Like I said in the MM Social, I only care if 9/10 get a physical release (would assume DLC content included). Other than that I'll only get it if it's on sale like the first collection.

The older games I find overrated, MM2 especially:
7 is fantastic once you get past the text heavy intro level.
8 is solid and has some customization, but the gimmicky levels might turn people off.
9 is the best in the Classic series hands down come at me bruh. certainlythebestweaponselection10/10
10 is average all around but it does have the largest character/weapon selection in the series.

Ignoring X5-7, an X Collection would be great; more people need to play X8. I would just cross my fingers that it might also include the awesome handheld titles.
Tbh I just never really cared for classic Megaman all that much. 8 is my favorite out of nostalgia but I already got it on the PS3 and I wasn't big on 9-10 or 7.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, it's not like that was the only project they were working on at the time.

While judging by Mario Odyssey they probably did want to have a backlog of already completed games for the year, that particular studio is also busy making ARMS. There's no way of knowing what scheduling conflicts there might have been with that particular team and at the very least if they'd pushed it too far into the year their QA teams would have been stretched between two games. I know the general public loves Mario Kart and wishes ARMS didn't exist, but that doesn't literally erase ARMS and the work being put into it from existence.

I'm just saying, there's no way to know if they were being "lazy" or not if we don't have their schedule in front of us, as we DO know that they had bigger things on their plate at the time than the port.
I didn't accuse them of being lazy.

Just said that they should have found some way to use those extra 4 months on the game to give it some bang for the buck.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Seems like Mark Hamill is back as Joker in Injustice 2.

Excellent

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I was playing the special stages to unlock the costumes in mario maker

How the heck are some of the stages beaten in fractions of a second?

some hacking going on?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Of course my favorite hello kitty characters wouldn't be the ones in Mario maker, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I dunno if anyone noticed but Nintendo announced the DNA character

I knew he was going to end up being a playable character

Although in some bizarre move they renamed him Helix from DNA Man for some reason

Neither sound really good, I think they were just going off the Lord Helix memes

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm playing 50cc to get coins yo unlock kart parts this last cup I played none of my games netted me more than 5 coins.

Literally every race atleast once someone would toss a red shell, blue shell or thunder bolt and immediately after I get hit by it one of the other 2 options hit me. This generally happens when I'm like 5 feet from the finish line.

What the ****.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'm finally got myself a Switch! Feel free to add me. My friend code is SW 4028 6305 8614

Chrono.

So, I dunno if anyone noticed but Nintendo announced the DNA character

I knew he was going to end up being a playable character

Although in some bizarre move they renamed him Helix from DNA Man for some reason

Neither sound really good, I think they were just going off the Lord Helix memes
Yeah it's all totally about memes and not this or anything.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm playing 50cc to get coins yo unlock kart parts this last cup I played none of my games netted me more than 5 coins.

Literally every race atleast once someone would toss a red shell, blue shell or thunder bolt and immediately after I get hit by it one of the other 2 options hit me. This generally happens when I'm like 5 feet from the finish line.

What the ****.
**** like that happens more in 50-150 cc and rarely happens in 200cc for me.

Worst thing is, online keeps putting me in 100 cc and I want 200cc

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just got back from Guardians 2.
It's as good as the original.

Ego is surprisingly good considering he's an MCU villain.
Howard's cameo was cool.
WATCHERS

ORIGINAL GUARDIANS

Yondu

Also if Pac-Man isn't Star Lord's level 3 Hyper (assuming he's in) then MvC:I is **** confirmed

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I think it's wonderful that Lord Helix has finally taken shape and blessed us with his presence

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't have minded if they made Helix more regal and called him Lord Helix
The only thing that'd be similar is the name and he'd have more going for him as "DNA king" than just "DNA man"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look at all the comments in "Helix's" video

All about the Helix fossil

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Chrono.

Roger Jr. is not being included in Tekken 7 because the dev team was afraid to put him in the game due to that video of that one guy punching a kangaroo to save his dog. They were afraid of animal rights activists reacting negatively to it, since they got riled up over the video.

No, seriously.

http://www.pcgamer.com/animal-activists-get-boxing-kangaroo-roger-jr-cut-from-western-tekken-7/

I guess nobody understands Father Ted's diagram these days.

Just bring back Alex then.

He's better on the grounds of being a freaking boxing dino.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Finally hit the part of Stardust Crusaders where the good villains start showing up: I really did like Hol Horse, N'doul, the two Brothers, and Mariah, but D'arby and Pet Shop kinda blow them out of the water IMO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just bring back Alex then.

He's better on the grounds of being a freaking boxing dino.
Boxing Mama Kangaroo + her little Boxing Babby Kangaroo > Boxing Dinosaur.

It's still really stupid that overly extreme activists of...well, anything these days, are able to push developers into making these kinds of changes, even indirectly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Boxing Mama Kangaroo + her little Boxing Babby Kangaroo > Boxing Dinosaur.

It's still really stupid that overly extreme activists of...well, anything these days, are able to push developers into making these kinds of changes, even indirectly.
I mean, normally I might understand it, but even back when the guy punched the kangaroo, the majority of folks thought he did the right thing. Even animal activists, for the most part. It presented an incredible danger for the dog.

Not to mention kangaroos are durable as ****. The punch likely didn't do much, and definitely didn't cause long term damage. They're used to taking a lot worse from other kangaroos.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So maybe if I bring my idea up a third time people will actually give their thoughts?

I'd love for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to have free tracks and battle maps but have racers and kart pieces be bought. Either seperate for cheaper or a bundle of certain characters with a kart part or full set.

Tracks being free makes it so they never split their player base and racers and kart pieces being paid because they're just special extra stuff that doesn't really affect gameplay much.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So maybe if I bring my idea up a third time people will actually give their thoughts?

I'd love for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to have free tracks and battle maps but have racers and kart pieces be bought. Either seperate for cheaper or a bundle of certain characters with a kart part or full set.

Tracks being free makes it so they never split their player base and racers and kart pieces being paid because they're just special extra stuff that doesn't really affect gameplay much.
Well what do you mean tracks being free? Thet are all on deluxe so thats kinda done. But the paid karts and stuff, you sure people will be ok with that?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, normally I might understand it, but even back when the guy punched the kangaroo, the majority of folks thought he did the right thing. Even animal activists, for the most part. It presented an incredible danger for the dog.

Not to mention kangaroos are durable as ****. The punch likely didn't do much, and definitely didn't cause long term damage. They're used to taking a lot worse from other kangaroos.
Yeah, not to mention one kick from an adult kangaroo and you're dead. The average kangaroo is easily stronger than an average human. Which makes the "Kuma stays because bears are stronger than humans" logic absurd.

Even without that, I just think it's absurd that people can't differentiate between fantasy and reality. It's not like the Roger family are enemy characters exclusively or something, you can play as them too. And despite the photo-realism to their design, they are very much animated in an exaggerated fashion, and their ending scenes have a cartoon sitcom feel to them. It's the same kind of baseless logic that causes the whole "video games cause school shootings" nonsense on the news.

It's not like the Roger family are new characters either. They've been in the series in some shape or form for over a decade. They're fairly well known all ready.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For FE lunatics fans here, this is an event going on. https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/omikuji

You can roll for mobile wallpapers (you can do it as many times as you want). And login with your My Nintendo account. The more players play, the greater will the orb and feather reward.

The wallpapers look like this
cb78efc012250a6f349a65e135068cbb.png

Tagging Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom