• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just realized something pretty major about Infinity War. Major Guardians of the Galaxy 2 spoilers so be warned
Yondu DIES in the movie, but his actor's appearing in Infinity War. Yondu's funeral was a cremation of sorts meaning that either Infinity Stone bull**** or he's appearing as flashbacks or some ****. This means that Loki might not have plot armour and anyone cast for Infinity War's sequel is in more danger too. Especially after the fact Vision kinda needs to die

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One of my favourite things about KHUX is that the artwork for some medals goes outside of the border, and when placed in certain slots on your Keyblade in relation to other medals, it can lead to some amusing things.

...Maybe Roxas is just trying to check if Naminé's heartbeat is in there somewhere.

I'm sure that's all that's going on here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have a question guys. Can anyone name when the Wonder Woman movie is coming out without looking it up?
Because there hasn't been much marketing, especially in comparison to previous DCEU movies, Though the lack of marketing means that when the film inevitably fails executives can just go "Female protagonists just don't sell you guys".

Then Marvel blows them the **** out with Carol Danvers

D

Deleted member

New 2DSXL is the proof the 3DS isn't going anywhere anytime soon
Yeah yeah "Switch is handheld" or whatever but it doesn't play like one
It has less batery, bigger loading times, uses more space in the bag you're carrying it, most of its games are designed to be played in long bursts and some even require internet connection.
Despite what the marketing says, you can't just turn on the Switch anywhere and everytime you have a break and that's the thing handhelds have always been used for.
The only thing that the Switch does is allow for better mobility, you don't nedd to dismantle the whole set up if you want to take it to a friend's house or in a trip you're taking and it only requires a socket for when you run out of battery
I have a question guys. Can anyone name when the Wonder Woman movie is coming out without looking it up?
Because there hasn't been much marketing, especially in comparison to previous DCEU movies, Though the lack of marketing means that when the film inevitably fails executives can just go "Female protagonists just don't sell you guys".

I've actually been worried about that movie because I thought it was supposed to come out early this year but I haven't heard anything since the negative reception of critics

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It has less batery, bigger loading times, uses more space in the bag you're carrying it, most of its games are designed to be played in long bursts and some even require internet connection.
Despite what the marketing says, you can't just turn on the Switch anywhere and everytime you have a break and that's the thing handhelds have always been used for.
The only thing that the Switch does is allow for better mobility, you don't nedd to dismantle the whole set up if you want to take it to a friend's house or in a trip you're taking and it only requires a socket for when you run out of battery

I've actually been worried about that movie because I thought it was supposed to come out early this year but I haven't heard anything since the negative reception of critics
It comes out in June. As in, a little more than a month from now. DCEU doesn't care about Wonder Woman methinks and they'll not just blame the female but focus on Justice League that's coming November

D

Deleted member

So if you could add 5 racers to MK8D who would you pick? Only rule is 2 are returning racers, 2 are new mario character additions(including anyone from Donkey Kong and Wario Land/Ware) and the last is from any other Nintendo franchise.

Mine are: Diddy, Petey, King Bob-omb, E. Gadd and Pikachu.
Diddy
Funky
Dixie
Freaking Kamek, like how he was intended back to MK64
Samus

Special mention to Captain Falcon, who should get this kind of special treatment as a playable MK character:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Wonder Woman will be fine. It has a competent director, and according to people that have gone to test screenings, is a fun, straightforward superhero movie.

They can't complain that female protags don't sell thanks Star Wars, Suicide Squad, Hunger Games and Fury Road

This is the 3DS's Game Boy Micro. The fact it's also getting a Kirby spinoff this year too seals it fate

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wonder Woman will be fine. It has a competent director, and according to people that have gone to test screenings, is a fun, straightforward superhero movie.

They can't complain that female protags don't sell thanks Star Wars, Suicide Squad, Hunger Games and Fury Road

This is the 3DS's Game Boy Micro. The fact it's also getting a Kirby spinoff this year too seals it fate
I'm not questioning whether the movie is good or not, it's DCEU meaning I have absolutely no expectations. It's just that there's a shocking lack of marketing. In movie marketing, you don't stay silent to let Marvel throw Guardians everywhere, you throw your movie alongside it so that people also see your advertisements or have more marketing. It's like they WANT it to fail

In other news, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 was rated for Korea. If it's 7-10, I'm DEFINITELY getting it, never got to play 7 or 8 and 9 and 10 getting rereleases is great

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm not questioning whether the movie is good or not, it's DCEU meaning I have absolutely no expectations. It's just that there's a shocking lack of marketing. In movie marketing, you don't stay silent to let Marvel throw Guardians everywhere, you throw your movie alongside it so that people also see your advertisements or have more marketing. It's like they WANT it to fail

In other news, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 was rated for Korea. If it's 7-10, I'm DEFINITELY getting it, never got to play 7 or 8 and 9 and 10 getting rereleases is great
WB will most likely start the marketing blitz after King Arthur comes and bombs. This same thing happened with Rogue One and how Disney didn't start putting it everywhere until after Moana came out.

D

Deleted member

Dazai is super high and I want some of what he's having
Screenshot_2017-04-28-08-03-42-1.png

Meanwhile, Alexander Pushkin is fat smelly man and I think @Prince Alucard would love him
Yes, because Nintendo really believes a Kirby game should be the last game of a console
We already got two Kirby games before in the 3DS and if you say it's because they were main series, RtDL was one and it was the last in the Wii
WB will most likely start the marketing blitz after King Arthur comes and bombs. This same thing happened with Rogue One and how Disney didn't start putting it everywhere until after Moana came out.
Why do you expect KA to bomb? It's a King Arthur movie, it sells based on that alone
Besides, it does look good except for the fact Artgur is way older than he should be and that bothers me to no end

Last edited by a moderator:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I think it's time we bring back the Reese's Puffs rap for a new generation.

Get Chance and Kendrick on that ****. Pronto.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Dazai is super high and I want some of what he's having
View attachment 128464
Meanwhile, Alexander Pushkin is fat smelly man and I think @Prince Alucard would love him

Yes, because Nintendo really believes a Kirby game should be the last game of a console
We already got two Kirby games before in the 3DS and if you say it's because they were main series, RtDL was one and it was the last in the Wii

Why do you expect KA to bomb? It's a King Arthur movie, it sells based on that alone
Besides, it does look good except for the fact Artgur is way older than he should be and that bothers me to no end
Because there hasn't been much interest, WB held a bunch of free screening and it had mixed reactions, and it has an insane budget of like 200m. Unless it explodes in China or pulls a Tarzan, it's gonna bomb.

Not as bad as Valerian will though. That's gonna bomb bigly

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But that's not a good comparison as 1: Star Wars sells on brand recognition alone whereas everyone knows Wonder Woman, but they don't 'know' Wonder Woman. Plus, Rogue One got delayed promotion because of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, to which Disney and Paramount had to make an agreement as they were worried there'd be confusion. Not to mention Rogue One was promoted in June 2016 because of Star Wars celebration Europe III with a second trailer and another trailer in October

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
But that's not a good comparison as 1: Star Wars sells on brand recognition alone whereas everyone knows Wonder Woman, but they don't 'know' Wonder Woman. Plus, Rogue One got delayed promotion because of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, to which Disney and Paramount had to make an agreement as they were worried there'd be confusion. Not to mention Rogue One was promoted in June 2016 because of Star Wars celebration Europe III with a second trailer and another trailer in October
The Rogue Nation thing had zero effect since Disney was concentrated on promoting Force Awakens. And Wonder Woman has been getting trailers since June 2016. And it still has one more to go.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The Rogue Nation thing had zero effect since Disney was concentrated on promoting Force Awakens. And Wonder Woman has been getting trailers since June 2016. And it still has one more to go.
But Disney had an embargo with Paramount.. It was on The Hollywood Reporter too. Not to mention other Superhero flicks get WAY more marketing

@Guun Saban trademarked Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Odd as both franchises that were taken have had NOTHING in ages

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
But Disney had an embargo with Paramount.. It was on The Hollywood Reporter too. Not to mention other Superhero flicks get WAY more marketing

@Guun Saban trademarked Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Odd as both franchises that were taken have had NOTHING in ages
What kind of marketing are you looking for then? It's had plenty of trailers, TV spots and toys, while other tie in products will be hitting shelves over the next few weeks. Are you talking about interviews and such? Because Gadot is pregnant right now so it's probably hard for her to do does ATM

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was finished since December.

Makes me wish they used that 4 months of extra time to actually add some more stuff to the game to give it more bang for the buck.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ideally, you let them throw their stuff around and you throw along with them instead of waiting for them to be finished. Wonder Woman hits cinemas in less than 40 days and you're not gonna remind people you're actually making a Wonder Woman movie?
Well yes.

But I'm not gonna say no to more Guardians.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What kind of marketing are you looking for then? It's had plenty of trailers, TV spots and toys, while other tie in products will be hitting shelves over the next few weeks. Are you talking about interviews and such? Because Gadot is pregnant right now so it's probably hard for her to do does ATM
Huh. Didn't know Gadot was pregnant. It's gotten significantly less than say, Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, BvS, Doctor Strange, Hell, I've seen more Thor Ragnarok promotional material at my local cinemas than Wonder Woman

D

Deleted member

I should have watched GotG when it came out
Why the **** doesn't Netflix have it, this is such bull****
Because there hasn't been much interest, WB held a bunch of free screening and it had mixed reactions, and it has an insane budget of like 200m. Unless it explodes in China or pulls a Tarzan, it's gonna bomb.

Not as bad as Valerian will though. That's gonna bomb bigly
Then why do you think WW will do any better? It has not received good reception from the test screenings.
Wonder Woman has had literally no marketing since the start of the year and it has to compete with Marvel movies who are all the hot **** now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wonder Woman has had literally no marketing since the start of the year
Not entirely true. It's had some trailers plus this:

They do need to step it up though, which they should be doing soon.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Then why do you think WW will do any better? It has not received good reception from the test screenings.
Wonder Woman has had literally no marketing since the start of the year and it has to compete with Marvel movies who are all the hot **** now.
Eh, Wonder Woman isn't really competing with GotG2 imo, the movies are a month apart and cinema tickets aren't too expensive. I can spend 10 euros on a cinema ticket like 4 times a month depending on finances. That's without popcorn and ****
That's because DC knows it will suck :troll:
But they're promoting Justice League which shoe horned Aquaman and Cyborg, not to mention that like Spidey Homecoming, everyone knows how the movie will play out

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But they're promoting Justice League which shoe horned Aquaman and Cyborg, not to mention that like Spidey Homecoming, everyone knows how the movie will play out
Good point.

Maybe they're just waiting until GotG2 is released? Or maybe DC's just weird? Or maybe I was just joking and have no idea why they don't promote WW?

Who knows?, really? :lol:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Waking up to Helix....

This is more what I'm talking about for Arms characters, he's unique...a bit strange but unique nonetheless...

Seems to have an interesting gimmick as well as he's kind of squishy and rubbery, and seeing him dodge the burst attack like that, I feel like it's possible he may be a little broken if he's able to dodge attacks that quickly...Seems like he's got some pretty crazy movement all around...
This guy might be main worthy...

also it appears they showed off a new Arms weapon being this blue goo that covered Master Mummy's head, this will possibly mess with the player's visibility...There's also this round mask like weapon he's using but I wasn't able to see what it's gimmick was...

Edit: LOL first comment on GameXplain's video is "Slime Sudowoodo":185:...I can see it

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
also it appears they showed off a new Arms weapon being this blue goo that covered Master Mummy's head, this will possibly mess with the player's visibility...There's also this round mask like weapon he's using but I wasn't able to see what it's gimmick was...
If the goo messes up with the visibility, maybe the mask thing allows him to be protected from that?

I'm just spitballing though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Apparently, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was finished since December.

Makes me wish they used that 4 months of extra time to actually add some more stuff to the game to give it more bang for the buck.
They gave us Gold Mario.

And they had four extra months.

Holy ****, Ninty. Well played.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, Wonder Woman isn't really competing with GotG2 imo, the movies are a month apart and cinema tickets aren't too expensive. I can spend 10 euros on a cinema ticket like 4 times a month depending on finances. That's without popcorn and ****

It's not just GotG2 specifically, it's Marvel in general who has been outshining DC in every possible way.
It feels like they know they can't compete with Marvel and just decided to see how it goes

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Huh. Didn't know Gadot was pregnant. It's gotten significantly less than say, Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, BvS, Doctor Strange, Hell, I've seen more Thor Ragnarok promotional material at my local cinemas than Wonder Woman
I've seen quite a bit at mine. I got the trailer with Logan, BATB, Kong, Get Out, Lego Batman, Rogue One, Suicide Squad, Fantasic Beasts, Power Rangers, Fate of the Furious and Ghost in the Shell. And yeah, she's preggers

I've heard it's pretty good though. Not amazing, but still good.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If the goo messes up with the visibility, maybe the mask thing allows him to be protected from that?

I'm just spitballing though.
Actually had another look at the vid it seems the mask sort of floats slowly towards the opponent then shocks them when it gets close...seems like it can be good for certain mix-ups which Helix seems to be really good at with his movement...

The weapon variety seems quite deep indeed...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Actually had another look at the vid it seems the mask sort of floats slowly towards the opponent then shocks them when it gets close...seems like it can be good for certain mix-ups which Helix seems to be really good at with his movement...

The weapon variety seems quite deep indeed...
So now we get the floating masks from Mario 2?

Nice one, Nintendo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not just GotG2 specifically, it's Marvel in general who has been outshining DC in every possible way.
It feels like they know they can't compete with Marvel and just decided to see how it goes
They're trying to play catch up, hell, the only reason Wonder Woman got a movie in the first place is to go "EAT **** MARVEL WE HAD FEMALE MAIN PROTAGONISTS FIRST" as Captain Marvel's been delayed for a long time
I've seen quite a bit at mine. I got the trailer with Logan, BATB, Kong, Get Out, Lego Batman, Rogue One, Suicide Squad, Fantasic Beasts, Power Rangers, Fate of the Furious and Ghost in the Shell. And yeah, she's preggers

I've heard it's pretty good though. Not amazing, but still good.
I went to 4 of those and didn't get any WW ads. Huh

The leakers who revealed that BvS was an absolute mess claimed the same for WW and JL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom