• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Read that Gaiden interview. Nice to see there are a people at IS with personal connections to the series past. Especially the story of the guy whose dad loved FE. Hyped to play Echoes and interested to see what FE Switch brings to the series.
Reading the interview, I did have a question. They said part of the reason for adding Faye into the story was so that Alm's army wouldn't be 100% male. Now I've been staying mostly spoiler-free for Echoes since I haven't played Gaiden, but isn't Clair part of Alm's army? Or is she with Celica? Or did they only mean Alm's initial army, and she's recruited later?

I'd look into it myself but I'm wary of spoilers haha.
Alm actually has several female members in his party in Gaiden. However his starting party is all dudes. Though you get your first girl very quickly, so it's strange nonetheless.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Maybe it's his Heroic Spirit version that looks like such
I mean, HSs are just as powerful as they were in life, but both Emiyas weren't exactly the strongest mages so they have "overcharge" to use stuff like NP.

Alternatively, I don't remember the specifics but, Shirou became a guardian or whatever it's called before becoming a HS, so he could have gotten "the tan" during that.
Though this one would depend on Kiritsugu doing the same thing, which I don't think he does unless some random side material says such.

Or... the original theory is right and Kiritsugu just looks like that because it's cool since his son has the same motif.
I mean, we are talking about a series who has a bunch Saberfaces just because. And I don't think they try to explain why Nero Claudius, Jeanne D'Arc and King Arthur all look the same.
I'll mostly blame it on Heroic shenanigans and *insert Mr. Bean* Magic! :p I mean, there is another Heroic Spirit who looked drastically different in life and as a Heroic Spirit. None other than Sakata Kintoki.
I couldn't find the cropped/colored version, but yes, this artwork was confirmed to be Sakata Kintoki in the flesh compared to his Heroic Spirit version. Heck by the looks of it, compared to both Emiyas, Sakata went from tanned to white. These Japanese and their skin color changing shenanigans. :p
But either way, in a series that involves Magic, Magic is practically the given when it comes to why. So until logic is given, Magic it is then.

That being said, compared to Nero and Okita Souji, Jeanne's resemblance to Saber is actually more coincidence than actual resemblance, especially due to the artist's artstyle. Not to mention that it is used as a plot point, compared to in Fate/Extra where, as far as I know, Gawain doesn't even mention anything about Nero looking like Arthuria.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just compare your birthday with this.

#TaurusMasterRace
Wow, that's completely different from the Zodiac schedules I've seen before, haha.

This one has a definite one, but I'm a little surprised by how much it's altered from the usual.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Rewatching the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite footage, I realized all the stages shown so far are from the Marvel universe.

No Capcom yet (of course that'll change over time).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wow, that's completely different from the Zodiac schedules I've seen before, haha.

This one has a definite one, but I'm a little surprised by how much it's altered from the usual.
What kind of Zodiac Charts have you seen?

Amuro Ray: Angsty teenagers who needs to be slapped multiple times to get his head in the game (Which is admittedly well done)

Kamille Bidan: wants to punch EVERY SINGLE TITAN. Has succeeded in punching multiple times.

Zeta Gundam is good

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What kind of Zodiac Charts have you seen?
Using the first one I can find in a random image search, usually something more in the vein of this:

Minus all the extra data in the last three rows. Usually it varies by about a day.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Using the first one I can find in a random image search, usually something more in the vein of this:

Minus all the extra data in the last three rows. Usually it varies by about a day.
The date varies depending on the astrological system used, said system also varies on the year (how the Sun crosses by the constellations) or place (Western, sidereal, etc.).

Tbh I didn't knew about this issue until now; as my b-day (May 14) falls away fom the usual cut dates, meaning that none of the variations affect it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well this is a surprise.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Looks rather slick. Nintendo seems to be riding that 3DS train for as long as they can.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I'm assuming this is a new thing.

Well that came out of nowhere. :4lucas:

The dreaded ninja.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Looks like they're shifting the 3DS to budget status soon.

RIP 3D though. You were useless but kinda neat I guess.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Well this is a surprise.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Looks rather slick. Nintendo seems to be riding that 3DS train for as long as they can.
I'm not gonna lie. I thought it was a really late April's Fool joke. The name "New Nintendo 2DS XL" is not exactly the most authentic sounding out there.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I looked on Twitter and Nintendo just announced a new 2DS XL. It's clamshell.

Hang on, gonna look somethi-yup, the GBA Micro came out after the DS did.

Nothing to worry about here, they're just getting out their final variation of the system while it's still pumping out it's last few games.

. . .Well, you might have to worry about Pokemon not moving it's sorry butt, but that happened with DS to 3DS without an extra variant thrown in anyway.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I looked on Twitter and Nintendo just announced a new 2DS XL. It's clamshell.

Hang on, gonna look somethi-yup, the GBA Micro came out after the DS did.

Nothing to worry about here, they're just getting out their final variation of the system while it's still pumping out it's last few games.

. . .Well, you might have to worry about Pokemon not moving it's sorry butt, but that happened with DS to 3DS without an extra variant thrown in anyway.
The fact that the 3DS is getting 3 Kirby spin offs this year should be the main indicator that it's dying.

For whatever reason, Kirby's usually the go to first party franchise that gets one or two games for a console right before it dies. (Gamecube being the outlier).

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The fact that the 3DS is getting 3 Kirby spin offs this year should be the main indicator that it's dying.

For whatever reason, Kirby's usually the go to first party franchise that gets one or two games for a console right before it dies. (Gamecube being the outlier).
Save the best for last.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Real question: did you actually used the 3D mode on the 3DS in a constant basis?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I'm assuming this is a new thing.

Well that came out of nowhere. :4lucas:

The dreaded ninja.
Uh....okay...

Sleak design, and a decent price for those who want to get a new handheld, but....I don't particularly feel like too many people will buy this considering the already huge install base the 3DS line has, unless there's those looking to upgrade to a better handheld from the original 3DS or those who don't already own one...

I'm also kind of mad...I'd much prefer to have this version since it does away with a feature that pretty much no one uses and one that boosts the price of the handheld (pretty making me pay an extra $100 between both of my 3DS's)...but I'm sure as hell am not going to be buying a THIRD variant of the 3DS...especially after I only recently got my Switch and want to save that money for upcoming games for that system...

Echoes is likely the only game I'll be getting before I put away my N3DS for a while...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 Gen 8 is a New 3DS/2DS exclusive and Pokémon Stars ends in the myth bucket with Mario x Rabbids.

I used it when I first bought it like once, realized it looked like crap, and then never again.
Basically me; it just felt annoying and/or ugly

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; it is now confirmed that Nintendo will most likely be doing a Direct (or Digital Event) at E3 this year rather then an on-stage presentation that can be compared to the Switch presentation back in January.

This to me is for the best, honestly; I prefer them myself and we won't have to worry about the possibility of any really bad or awkward on-stage moments for Nintendo occuring. I imagine there will still be a show floor for showing off new games and IP's.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, 2DSXL. I guess that's gonna come out now. Though I thought one of the standout things was that it didn't fold. Screens look big as **** though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well guys; it is now confirmed that Nintendo will be doing a Direct (or Digital Event) at E3 this year rather then an on-stage presentation in a similar light to the Switch presentation back in January.

This to me is for the best, honestly; I prefer them myself.

I needed to know this; now I can download 2478 SpongeBob images for my Bingo with no regrets.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well guys; it is now confirmed that Nintendo will most likely be doing a Direct (or Digital Event) at E3 this year rather then an on-stage presentation that can be compared to the Switch presentation back in January.

This to me is for the best, honestly; I prefer them myself and we won't have to worry about the possibility of any really bad or awkward on-stage moments for Nintendo occuring. I imagine there will still be a show floor for showing off new games and IP's.
I expected as much.

Still, I do miss when Nintendo did on-stage presentations. Sure there's the risk of being awkward and bad, but over the years I feel that has become part of an E3 press conference's charm.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I mean there's nothing wrong with a Direct because when they're good, they're good, but a press conference at e3 is loooong overdue for Nintendo...

It's one thing watching big reveals presented in a pre-recorded video, it's another when they're presenting these reveals live, in front of thousands...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I think I might trade in my New 3DS XL for this. The shoulder buttons have been getting a bit weak. And it looks pretty sleek so I want it. I hope I dont mess up my 3DS before it releases...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I mean there's nothing wrong with a Direct because when they're good, they're good, but a press conference at e3 is loooong overdue for Nintendo...

It's one thing watching big reveals presented in a pre-recorded video, it's another when they're presenting these reveals live, in front of thousands...
Probably they don't think anything would cause explosive hype ala Twilight Princess anymore; BotW already got released and Smash probably is a port if there's Smash on this presentation.

D

Deleted member

Real question: did you actually used the 3D mode on the 3DS in a constant basis?
I did at first, but then the novelty wore off over time. I can't think of many 3DS games I've played that really benefit from the 3D, and I know there is at least one game that actually runs at a lower framerate with the 3D on.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah. I mostly upgraded to the new XL because my old one had a broken hinge. That, and all the great SNES games you could get. Though I do think they should add some more down the line.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The description for Taurus is pretty perfect for me.
Especially the "Good Taste" part

Nah, I don't think many games really used it that well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So if you could add 5 racers to MK8D who would you pick? Only rule is 2 are returning racers, 2 are new mario character additions(including anyone from Donkey Kong and Wario Land/Ware) and the last is from any other Nintendo franchise.

Mine are: Diddy, Petey, King Bob-omb, E. Gadd and Pikachu.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I never turned it off.

EDIT: Actually, that's not entirely true. I played Bit.Trip Saga in 2D because there was slow down in 3D. Otherwise I always played in 3D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom