• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So if you could add 5 racers to MK8D who would you pick? Only rule is 2 are returning racers, 2 are new mario character additions(including anyone from Donkey Kong and Wario Land/Ware) and the last is from any other Nintendo franchise.

Mine are: Diddy, Petey, King Bob-omb, E. Gadd and Pikachu.
- Diddy
- Funky
- Fawful
- E Gadd
- Captain Falcon

D

Deleted member

So if you could add 5 racers to MK8D who would you pick? Only rule is 2 are returning racers, 2 are new mario character additions(including anyone from Donkey Kong and Wario Land/Ware) and the last is from any other Nintendo franchise.

Diddy, Pac-Man (You didn't say that arcade-only guest characters don't count.), Dixie, K. Rool, Shulk

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Diddy
Funky Kong
E.Gadd
King K.Rool
Pit.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I genuinely forgot 3D on the3DS

Diddy, Funky, Ron Jeremy Mario, King Bob-Omb and Captain Falcon

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Samus...

Yeah, just Samus...

If they add Samus they have my money, right now I'm still 'thinking about it'...I'll probably end up buying it anyway cuz it'll give me something else to play...

That reminds me, Snipperclips only had 3 worlds...was a little disappointed with that tbh...but it does have the two other game modes so that could be neat...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Petey
R.O.B.
E. Gadd
Whittle
Chrom

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Koopa Paratroopa,Wiggler, Fawful, Dark Bowser, and Layton

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Mine would be ROB, Diddy Kong, Hammer Bro., Boo Guy, and Baby Link.

You people think I'm kidding about Baby Link but I'm dead serious.

For a more official character- I'd say Pokémon Trainer with generation swap options.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Diddy, Petey, E. Gadd, Captain Syrup, Samus.

Captain Falcon should just get another damn F-Zero game already.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Petey
Paratroopa
Fawful
Hammer Bro.
Cement Mario
Marth

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Diddy Kong, R.O.B., Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, Epona in a Kart.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Diddy, Funky, Dixie, K. Rool, Pit

I don't even know.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
NEW MK8DX DLC ANNOUNCED: The Monolith from 2001: A Space Oddysey is now a playable racer! (When you bump into Donkey Kong, he starts hitting the other racers with sticks)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Birdo
Petey Piranha
Prince Dreambert
Professor E. Gadd
Pikachu/Greninja (some kind of Pokemon rep in general)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
NEW MK8DX DLC ANNOUNCED: The Monolith from 2001: A Space Oddysey is now a playable racer! (When you bump into Donkey Kong, he starts hitting the other racers with sticks)
I would ask how it can drive, but since I want Ecco in a hypothetical Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed sequel I'd just be throwing stones in a pretty fragile glass house.

*EDIT* Yes I know you're joking. I'm not, but my entire logic for it is based in the sheer absurdity of it anyway so I may as well be.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Diddy and Petey
Geno and Mallow
Captain Falcon

:DDD

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
New ARMS character was just revealed: DNA Man.

Edit: Seems like he's named Helix in the west?

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Of all the hours to make a reveal like that.

Seems like Helix's gimmick is the ability to move his hurtbox in certain situations. He squishes down when he dashes, and his "jump" actually just has him extend his top half upward and lets him move it around.

Well that's weird.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

We knew there had to be a DNA themed fighter on the cast at this point considering how often his stage is shown off.

I'm seeing a lot of disappointment and mockery about the design, but honestly I'm kind of pleasantly surprised it's such a departure from the rest of the cast. If he's unsettling to a degree, then considering the look of his stage it's probably intentional.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that he was part of a cloning project that mixed the DNA of all the other fighters together. Considering all the canisters lying around with identical looking figures in them, there's clearly been several attempts at creating him. . .

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
We knew there had to be a DNA themed fighter on the cast at this point considering how often his stage is shown off.

I'm seeing a lot of disappointment and mockery about the design, but honestly I'm kind of pleasantly surprised it's such a departure from the rest of the cast. If he's unsettling to a degree, then considering the look of his stage it's probably intentional.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that he was part of a cloning project that mixed the DNA of all the other fighters together. Considering all the canisters lying around with identical looking figures in them, there's clearly been several attempts at creating him. . .
I got the feeling there's something a bit darker going on in the ARMS-Verse...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The New 2DS looks like two iPhones glued together.

Good price for it, though.

Diddy, Luma/Polari, Captain Toad, Sprixies, E. Gadd for actual Mario characters.

Pac-Man, Sonic, Captain Falcon, Kirby, and Mega Man for non-Mario characters.

EDIT: With your rule - Diddy, R.O.B, Luma/Polari, Captain Toad, and Kirby.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In all seriousness though, I love Helix and I'm gonna main him if there's not an accordion-themed character.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

So we have a DNA themed ARMS fighter whose name is Helix in the west? I could of sworn somebody called that, but I can't think of who...

I will be honest though; the fact he can stretch his hitbox and laugh at you is an interesting combination. The only thing that really bothers me about his design is the blue and purple DNA strands and hair-do, especially when fully charged... my eyes seem to dislike looking at those bright colors, but maybe I'll get used to it over time?

Either way, a very interesting and unusual concept! Although this does leave open the question on if ARMS does have a dark backstory involved especially in how they made Helix...

Still waiting to find out what that blue and yellow robot-like character is though since it'll determine if I choose Mechanica or not. Then again, I have yet to decide if I want to get ARMS in the first place. :p

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I got the feeling there's something a bit darker going on in the ARMS-Verse...
I'm definitely fascinated to see exactly what's going on behind all the implications of what we've been shown. On top of DNA Man having something suspicious himself with there being several of him in stasis and there being portraits of other characters on his stage, judging by IIRC DNA Man's stage also having a piece of archaeological material in it, ARMS power has been a thing since ancient times (explaining Master Mummy's existence). Everyone with ARMS power also has unusual looking eyes on top of the coiled arms. . .There is something up for sure and it's going to be awesome to find out what.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm definitely fascinated to see exactly what's going on behind all the implications of what we've been shown. On top of DNA Man having something suspicious himself with there being several of him in stasis and there being portraits of other characters on his stage, judging by IIRC DNA Man's stage also having a piece of archaeological material in it, ARMS power has been a thing since ancient times (explaining Master Mummy's existence). Everyone with ARMS power also has unusual looking eyes on top of the coiled arms. . .There is something up for sure and it's going to be awesome to find out what.
Is it weird that I'm almost expecting one of the characters to actually be evil?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At this point I would not feel surprised if both Splatoon 2 and ARMS have some dark af sub-plots going on.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At this point I would not feel surprised if both Splatoon 2 and ARMS have some dark af sub-plots going on.
Oh, Splatoon is ALREADY post-apocalyptic and set 100 years after a violent territorial dispute between races that resulted in one being forced into a steadily deteriorating artificial environment. I wouldn't even question that.

Judd is an immortal cat with no other cats in existence to breed with, the fact that Lil' Judd mysteriously appeared between the last game and now and has an identical fur pattern practically screams clone. There's a polluted artificial island surrounded by mutant, half-evolved redneck salmon, and the Octarians are back aside from that. At least one of those three things is going to have something dark behind it, and it's possible all of them will.

Really, there's more Nintendo franchises that are hilariously dark than aren't. If Splatoon 2 and ARMS have things going on it'll practically be par for the course. That doesn't make it any less interesting to watch, though.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

2 Returning: Diddy Kong and gonna bandwagon a previous choice - R.O.B.
2 Newcomers: K. Rool and Captain Toad (Separate from normal Toad - Heavyweight class)
1 Newcomer: Captain Falcon or Kirby - either one would do for me, but on the more hype levels, it'd be Falcon.

And we get a new ARMS character...! And boy, Helix/DNA Man seems legitimately disturbing to me. I am very intrigued as to what other sort of crazy cast the setting of ARMS can allow for, and if Helix is anything to go by, it'd be far from reaching the barrel's bottom.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
MK8D, squid story, Flubber for ARMS.

I'm waking up to some good stuff this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom