• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But Disney had an embargo with Paramount.. It was on The Hollywood Reporter too. Not to mention other Superhero flicks get WAY more marketing

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Saban trademarked Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Odd as both franchises that were taken have had NOTHING in ages
I think that was due to lack of easy footage to use? Anyway, both are on Netflix, so it could be just to make sure they "still own it"?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Was looking for a Skyrim music replacer mod that allowed Undertale music to play in the background. Then I came across this. Laughed my ass off at one of the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3ro5fr/request_music_replacer_undertale_edition/

"I said, next prisoner!" - You feel your knees get weak as you walk towards the executioner's block, knowing you'll die in a few seconds.

The Imperial Officer puts you on your knees; from the corner of your eyes, you watch the headsman raising his axe. Your heartbeat gets out of control; you're but one second away from dying-

And then that big black dragon comes swooping over the mountains, landing on the tower just behind the Imperials, causing the earth to tremble. In a majestic voice, it speaks...

"FEAR NOT, HUMAN! I, THE GREAT ALDUIN, WILL BURN YOU AND THE RED HUMANS TO ASH! THEN YOU WON'T BE EXECUTED! AND I WILL MAKE IT INTO THE ROYAL DRAGON GUARD! - BUT FIRST!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE IT THROUGH THIS COMPLEX LABYRINTH OF BURNING RUBBLE I WILL SET UP FOR YOU! NYEH HEH HEH HEH!"

[Fading in from the background, "Bonetrousle" starts to play]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True. After all, Power Rider got dropped, but there's literally NOTHING for Metal Heros and Space Sheriff has been dead despite Toei trying to make it relevant
It's just too bad Beetleborgs didn't even finish the bad guy off. Well, sent him back to the comic. Ended too abruptly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I visit a different forum and people were clamouring for a Kamen Rider series to be adapted into Beetleborgs, either Kabuto (beetles everywhere) or the new Ex-Aid and change comics to video games
It'd be hard to continue the regular version now. Mostly due to the fact the actors are older and such. An all new adaption based upon the idea could work, though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So if you could add 5 racers to MK8D who would you pick? Only rule is 2 are returning racers, 2 are new mario character additions(including anyone from Donkey Kong and Wario Land/Ware) and the last is from any other Nintendo franchise.

Mine are: Diddy, Petey, King Bob-omb, E. Gadd and Pikachu.
Mine would be Diddy, Funky, E. Gadd, Kamek and Captain Falcon.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I wake up and suddenly there's a new focus and an increased SP event in Heroes. Huh.

The focus would be cool if I actually had any orbs to pull from it. :<

Also, new voting gauntlet soon: Mage Mayhem
This time they're making a comeback mechanic where flags on the losing team are worth 3x what they are on the winning team. That's something, guess.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I wake up and suddenly there's a new focus and an increased SP event in Heroes. Huh.

This time they're making a comeback mechanic where flags on the losing team are worth 3x what they are on the winning team. That's something, guess.
It's gonna come down to Robin vs Tharja in the end. Honestly it could go either way.

Tharja has waifu status.
Robin has Smash.
RIP Merric.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's gonna come down to Robin vs Tharja in the end. Honestly it could go either way.

Tharja has waifu status.
Robin has Smash.
RIP Merric.
Probably. Camilla and Lucina had over 4x the votes of their opponents so I don't see a 3x bonus helping much at all.

Also, why isn't Nino in this. I need to support the world's deadliest cinnamon roll, dangit!

D

Deleted member

I've seen quite a bit at mine. I got the trailer with Logan, BATB, Kong, Get Out, Lego Batman, Rogue One, Suicide Squad, Fantasic Beasts, Power Rangers, Fate of the Furious and Ghost in the Shell. And yeah, she's preggers

I've heard it's pretty good though. Not amazing, but still good.
I haven't seen it in any of the movies mentioned beaides maybe Rogue One because I remember seeing it once and only once early this year

I remember someone in the thread mentioning the negative reception from the test screenings but this was back in February or something.

D

Deleted member

Dazai is super high and I want some of what he's having
View attachment 128464
Meanwhile, Alexander Pushkin is fat smelly man and I think @Prince Alucard would love him
This is proof that, really, you're almost as weird as me.

I should have watched GotG when it came out
Why the **** doesn't Netflix have it, this is such bull****

Then why do you think WW will do any better? It has not received good reception from the test screenings.
Wonder Woman has had literally no marketing since the start of the year and it has to compete with Marvel movies who are all the hot **** now.
Netflix isn't your parent, it can't care of all of your needs.

DC is definitetly doing better comic im comic sales though. With that being said, the movie industry is so huge that if Marvel were to drop comics entirely(hypothetically) they'd still be doing more than fine..

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Probably. Camilla and Lucina had over 4x the votes of their opponents so I don't see a 3x bonus helping much at all.

Also, why isn't Nino in this. I need to support the world's deadliest cinnamon roll, dangit!
Nino is too precious and just wants everyone else to do their best.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The new banner is a bad omen IMO because giving out the notoriously powerful units in a banner where they are easier to obtain is a sign that they are gearing up to roll out newer, even better/more ridiculously overpowered characters that are difficult to obtain. Ike is the first sign of that.

It doesn't matter as much if people aren't seriously into the game and just want their favourite characters but my experience with other gacha games like KHUX and Sonic Runners has taught me this. Anytime they start being more generous with something that everyone wants, it's because they are about to add something to the game that makes those original holy grails obsolete.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The new banner is a bad omen IMO because giving out the notoriously powerful units in a banner where they are easier to obtain is a sign that they are gearing up to roll out newer, even better/more ridiculously overpowered characters that are difficult to obtain. Ike is the first sign of that.
I don't really see Ike as overpowered. Especially since Reinhardt exists.

The bigger issue I have with this banner is that since there are no new free orbs to go along with it, it feels like a blatant attempt to get people to whale.

Chrono.

Megaman Legacy Collection 2 is a thing. I didn't care much for the first one and I care about this one even less since it's got the weaker games.

Hopefully this leads to Megaman X Legacy Collection. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Beetleborgs isn't even watchable.it was terrible

Edit: Responding to whatever page that was on.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
ARMS' Helix is so strange but really cool too. Surprised Nintendo of America hasn't shown him off like the Europe & Japan has.

ARMS is just getting better and better and making the wait more unbearable. GIMMIE!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Megaman Legacy Collection 2 is a thing. I didn't care much for the first one and I care about this one even less since it's got the weaker games.

If it includes MM9 and MM10 I'll definitely go for it myself.

I love MM7, and liked what I played of MM10. Played a bit of MM8 and it was weird but enjoyable.

MMX Legacy Collection would be day 1 buy. If that came to Switch, it'd be a huge selling point for the system for me personally.

D

Deleted member

I really liked MM9, I thought 7 was underrated, and 8 and 10 were just okay. Other than 9 potentially getting a physical release, I can't say I'm too excited for this one either, though I'm probably going to get it anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It doesn't matter as much if people aren't seriously into the game and just want their favourite characters but my experience with other gacha games like KHUX and Sonic Runners has taught me this. Anytime they start being more generous with something that everyone wants, it's because they are about to add something to the game that makes those original holy grails obsolete.
Get ready for the new Quadruple Celica meta.

:^)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, I accidentally bought IMAX 3D version.
I actually have not seen the first movie yet, but I think overall it is a pretty good Marvel movie. Can't wait for Spider Man Homecoming in July.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Apparently, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was finished since December.

Makes me wish they used that 4 months of extra time to actually add some more stuff to the game to give it more bang for the buck.
Well, it's not like that was the only project they were working on at the time.

While judging by Mario Odyssey they probably did want to have a backlog of already completed games for the year, that particular studio is also busy making ARMS. There's no way of knowing what scheduling conflicts there might have been with that particular team and at the very least if they'd pushed it too far into the year their QA teams would have been stretched between two games. I know the general public loves Mario Kart and wishes ARMS didn't exist, but that doesn't literally erase ARMS and the work being put into it from existence.

I'm just saying, there's no way to know if they were being "lazy" or not if we don't have their schedule in front of us, as we DO know that they had bigger things on their plate at the time than the port.

D

Deleted member

This is proof that, really, you're almost as weird as me.
I'm sorry if you can't appreciate high af!Dazai
Netflix isn't your parent, it can't care of all of your needs.
Thing is, where the hell am I going to watch GotG? It's not like there's a site for streaming movies as good as there are for cartoons

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I haven't seen it in any of the movies mentioned beaides maybe Rogue One because I remember seeing it once and only once early this year

I remember someone in the thread mentioning the negative reception from the test screenings but this was back in February or something.
I'm sorry if you can't appreciate high af!Dazai

Thing is, where the hell am I going to watch GotG? It's not like there's a site for streaming movies as good as there are for cartoons
Google Play has it for like 3 bucks

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
NEW MK8DX DLC ANNOUNCED: The Monolith from 2001: A Space Oddysey is now a playable racer! (When you bump into Donkey Kong, he starts hitting the other racers with sticks)
You think this is a joke, but they just added Flubber to ARMS so anything's possible

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

It's worth mentioning Leo is currently the only character who has appeared in more than one gauntlet. Seems like he really has the devil's own luck!

I think I might be going for either Team Julia or Team Henry: Julia because she's one of my 5-stars and has been an all-star on my team thus far, or Henry because he's one of my favorite Awakening characters.

I don't care for the rest, but I have a feeling I might eventually go with either Team Tharja or Team Robin due to their high probability of winning the entire gauntlet, and I'll be needing more feathers to finally upgrade Sharena to a 5-star unit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh and y'all were talking about how Big Bad Beetleborgs just ended.

Well, we canonically know what happened to them

They were abducted by the machine empire and converted into robotic generals. Then were killed when the red rangers teamed up and took out the machine empire

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Like I said in the MM Social, I only care if 9/10 get a physical release (would assume DLC content included). Other than that I'll only get it if it's on sale like the first collection.

The older games I find overrated, MM2 especially:
7 is fantastic once you get past the text heavy intro level.
8 is solid and has some customization, but the gimmicky levels might turn people off.
9 is the best in the Classic series hands down come at me bruh. certainlythebestweaponselection10/10
10 is average all around but it does have the largest character/weapon selection in the series.

Ignoring X5-7, an X Collection would be great; more people need to play X8. I would just cross my fingers that it might also include the awesome handheld titles.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like I said in the MM Social, I only care if 9/10 get a physical release (would assume DLC content included). Other than that I'll only get it if it's on sale like the first collection.

The older games I find overrated, MM2 especially:
7 is fantastic once you get past the text heavy intro level.
8 is solid and has some customization, but the gimmicky levels might turn people off.
9 is the best in the Classic series hands down come at me bruh. certainlythebestweaponselection10/10
10 is average all around but it does have the largest character/weapon selection in the series.

Ignoring X5-7, an X Collection would be great; more people need to play X8. I would just cross my fingers that it might also include the awesome handheld titles.
X5 was great

It just had too much dialogue

Although, it's the only X game I played since X.

So, for all I know X2-4 could be better

Edit: Besides, X5 bosses were Guns N' Roses

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom