• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gamefaqs thread gave me this
Years and years of projection magic.

The whole "I am the bone of my sword, steel is my body and fire is my blood" isn't entirely metaphorical; Shirou and Archer technically use their bodies for materials beyond normal prana, and over time it darkened his skin and burnt out the color from his hair and eyes.
I would've been fine with that theory.....had there not been another character that disproves that theory.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
GODDAMMIT RED I HAD AN HOUR AND A HALF OF THAT ******** TODAY
And yet.

You gotta admit it's better coming from me.

I didnt think so.

Also, I have something to say concerning your signature. I was at a Minnesota Twins game on the road two days ago, and they were talking about a guy on the other team they were playing named Jake Diekman who's on that team's disabled list due to Ulcerative Colitis. Seeing as how you had that image in your sig, I just thought you'd like to know that awareness of UC has been building in the area the Twins visited lately.
That's some good news.

I'll pass that along, thank ye for the heads up.

Tell me how you do that when you pull that off, BTW.

Walked up to him and got shredded to ribbons very, very quickly. Wasn't quite an insta-gib, but it's not like I damaged him in the meanwhile.

Left me wondering if I should be using a weapon I didn't already have drop from Queen Bee, but she's not beeing cooperative.

And apparently my mouse keys on my laptop don't want to let me shoot and run at the same time, so it's either remap it to a key I'm not used to using or stand still every time I attack.
I've been trying all day and night, quite literally, and I'm still not there yet.

Arena's set up with campfire, heart lanterns, the works. Down a blend of 11 different buffs before each round like I'm calling on the power of the Colonel's herbs and spices. Best armor, best minion, best shades. Doesn't matter, still tears me apart.

I'm able to handle his first phase with a steady supply of Minishark shots, but as soon as lefty and righty Slap Chop are down out come the homing skulls of **** your plans and then we're back to making Finklebottom Salsa.

At this point I'm running low on ideas and stamina. Got one last trick, but if it whiffs I might just have to pick it up tonight.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know whether or not this has been posted here yet, but there was an interview recently conducted with the Fire Emblem development team with the release of Fire Emblem Echoes. You can read the entire interview translated here.

Really great read. They talk about the development history behind Echoes in addition to Fates.
I'm really interested in the cancelled post-Radiant Dawn Wii title. A real time strategy game, eh? Sounds neat!

D

Deleted member

I would've been fine with that theory.....had there not been another character that disproves that theory.
It's on the wiki though, which is where the person got it from
What character contradicts it though?
Lol Don't tell me what to do.

:yoshimelee:
I'm your mom and i'm sending you to bed you little ******
I'm really interested in the cancelled post-Radiant Dawn Wii title. A real time strategy game, eh? Sounds neat!
Imagine the crits tho
"Alright, these guys can handle themselves for sometime let me just check these oth--"
*enemy crits*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been eating these jelly beans that use actual fruit juice lately.

They're amazing, but the mix's legitness extends beyond fruit so I randomly end up exhaling coffee or feeling my mouth light on fire from the equivalent of a Red Hot once in a while.
And yet.

That's some good news.

I've been trying all day and night, quite literally, and I'm still not there yet.

Arena's set up with campfire, heart lanterns, the works. Down a blend of 11 different buffs before each round like I'm calling on the power of the Colonel's herbs and spices. Best armor, best minion, best shades. Doesn't matter, still tears me apart.

I'm able to handle his first phase with a steady supply of Minishark shots, but as soon as lefty and righty Slap Chop are down out come the homing skulls of **** your plans and then we're back to making Finklebottom Salsa.

At this point I'm running low on ideas and stamina. Got one last trick, but if it whiffs I might just have to pick it up tonight.
I think in that case I'll probably have to channel the power of YouTube for a strategy.

It was pretty useless for the Old One's Army, but Skeletron Expert's been out longer so maybe there's some better tactics.

Either way, aforementioned Old One's Army would probably make a nice break for you by comparison. If you've beaten Brain of Cthulhu the necessary NPC to start working on it should be passed out somewhere in one of the Forest biomes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm your mom and i'm sending you to bed you little *******
TO THE SHAME CUBE WITH HIM!
And yet.

That's some good news.

PTSD isn't better

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reading the interview, I did have a question. They said part of the reason for adding Faye into the story was so that Alm's army wouldn't be 100% male. Now I've been staying mostly spoiler-free for Echoes since I haven't played Gaiden, but isn't Clair part of Alm's army? Or is she with Celica? Or did they only mean Alm's initial army, and she's recruited later?

I'd look into it myself but I'm wary of spoilers haha.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, I managed to win one game in singles and losers before losing to a Toon Link and a Sonic, respectively. Clearly, I lost my vibe after that first game in winners. :p

On the bright side, there are doubles that are being hosted at this event as well, so I have a chance to redeem myself if at all.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So now that the stream has ended, I can link the part of the stream where everything goes wrong:

On listening again, it sounds like he didn't say "carry them one at a time!", but he said "it was one of a kind, and you broke it!".

Sounds like it was a piece of Sonic merchandise that was either a relic at the office, or it was even going to be used for some upcoming promotional event. Sounds pretty serious.

Alex gets super mad. It's not just this part too, you can hear him shouting at later points in the stream outside the stream room and Aaron had to step outside to calm him down. While that's happening, Sergio (the well-known intern, he's been there for a while) starts talking to the chat and mentions that Alex really needed to calm down.

Also Aaron mentions at an even later point that he couldn't find Jerry at his desk so...yeah. I think he got the axe.

Man, that was surreal to see. Again though, Aaron handled it so well.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's on the wiki though, which is where the person got it from
What character contradicts it though?*
None other than his namesake.

And for all of us who watched to the end of Fate/Zero should know he died without a tan.

D

Deleted member

Reading the interview, I did have a question. They said part of the reason for adding Faye into the story was so that Alm's army wouldn't be 100% male. Now I've been staying mostly spoiler-free for Echoes since I haven't played Gaiden, but isn't Clair part of Alm's army? Or is she with Celica? Or did they only mean Alm's initial army, and she's recruited later?

I'd look into it myself but I'm wary of spoilers haha.
I think it's either only the initial army(it's the villagers+Lukas at first) or a mistranslation and it meant the Villagers
Either way, it's effectivelly the same because in the original, the 3 Villagers were all male: Tobin, Gray and Kliff

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So now that the stream has ended, I can link the part of the stream where everything goes wrong:

On listening again, it sounds like he didn't say "carry them one at a time!", but he said "it was one of a kind, and you broke it!".

Sounds like it was a piece of Sonic merchandise that was either a relic at the office, or it was even going to be used for some upcoming promotional event. Sounds pretty serious.

Alex gets super mad. It's not just this part too, you can hear him shouting at later points in the stream outside the stream room and Aaron had to step outside to calm him down. While that's happening, Sergio (the well-known intern, he's been there for a while) starts talking to the chat and mentions that Alex really needed to calm down.

Also Aaron mentions at an even later point that he couldn't find Jerry at his desk so...yeah. I think he got the axe.

Man, that was surreal to see. Again though, Aaron handled it so well.
That was pretty painful to watch.

The bit at 11:54 makes the whole thing harsh in hindsight.

I give Aaron and Sergio massive props for how they handled the situation, but still, poor Jerry.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I've been eating these jelly beans that use actual fruit juice lately.

They're amazing, but the mix's legitness extends beyond fruit so I randomly end up exhaling coffee or feeling my mouth light on fire from the equivalent of a Red Hot once in a while.

I think in that case I'll probably have to channel the power of YouTube for a strategy.

It was pretty useless for the Old One's Army, but Skeletron Expert's been out longer so maybe there's some better tactics.

Either way, aforementioned Old One's Army would probably make a nice break for you by comparison. If you've beaten Brain of Cthulhu the necessary NPC to start working on it should be passed out somewhere in one of the Forest biomes.
Jelly beans sound good right about now actually. Or any other comfort food. Lord I need a bit.

I've yet to set up an arena in the Crimson for the Brain, partly due to not knowing what to expect (only ever fought Eater) but I may yet. Perhaps some Old One turrets would put some work in against that giant bone.

Apparently contiinually changing direction dodges the skulls. Sadly it doesn't also dodge Skeletron, and he hurts even worse. Wondering if the arena can't be built to accommodate that somehow though.

PTSD isn't better

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember mentioning how KH 0.2 managed to ruin, or at least devalue, one of the best, most emotional scenes in the entire KH franchise, especially for fans of the series who had played every game up to BBS. And I mentioned how it's an example of one of those times where I'd rather just "pretend certain canon events never happened". This video is a good look at why the scene was so amazing and why 0.2 kind of ruins it.

Spoilers for the KH franchise in general, obviously.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Very happy that punch and kick buttons are back in Infinite.
Also Space Gem totally sounds like Magneto's Attraction/Repulsion move.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I... I didn't expect there to a serious discussion about breasts when I was away.

Wow, are we that starved of things to talk about?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently some people think the scene that happened on the Sonic stream was an act.

I...don't see it. Definitely seemed like something really went down, you can tell when these guys are joking.

I... I didn't expect there to a serious discussion about breasts when I was away.

Not starved of things to talk about, but maybe people are starved in other ways so that's why people keep bringing it up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I decided to try the "Dian Shi Ma Li" NES bootleg (aka Mario Lottery starring "Fortran")

I have no friggin' idea what I'm suppose to do in that game (I know it's a gambling game but that's all)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Nah, we just like to milk borderline topics. :4dk:

But yeah guise, we thirsty, lets stop.

D

Deleted member

None other than his namesake.

And for all of us who watched to the end of Fate/Zero should know he died without a tan.
Maybe it's his Heroic Spirit version that looks like such
I mean, HSs are just as powerful as they were in life, but both Emiyas weren't exactly the strongest mages so they have "overcharge" to use stuff like NP.

Alternatively, I don't remember the specifics but, Shirou became a guardian or whatever it's called before becoming a HS, so he could have gotten "the tan" during that.
Though this one would depend on Kiritsugu doing the same thing, which I don't think he does unless some random side material says such.

Or... the original theory is right and Kiritsugu just looks like that because it's cool since his son has the same motif.
I mean, we are talking about a series who has a bunch Saberfaces just because. And I don't think they try to explain why Nero Claudius, Jeanne D'Arc and King Arthur all look the same
Well that's because Libra is wonderful and @Shishœ should be banned for disgracing him.

Also, I wonder if that pitfall trap works on flying enemies. :p
Libra can go ****ing die
Cancer is the best Zodiac sign

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's his Heroic Spirit version that looks like such
I mean, HSs are just as powerful as they were in life, but both Emiyas weren't exactly the strongest mages so they have "overcharge" to use stuff like NP.

Alternatively, I don't remember the specifics but, Shirou became a guardian or whatever it's called before becoming a HS, so he could have gotten "the tan" during that.
Though this one would depend on Kiritsugu doing the same thing, which I don't think he does unless some random side material says such.

Or... the original theory is right and Kiritsugu just looks like that because it's cool since his son has the same motif.
I mean, we are talking about a series who has a bunch Saberfaces just because. And I don't think they try to explain why Nero Claudius, Jeanne D'Arc and King Arthur all look the same

Libra can go ****ing die
Cancer is the best Zodiac sign
*Draws sword* En garde!(Again.)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm a. . .

. . .actually, I'm still not sure what my sign is. Not because I don't know the date the sign falls on, but because Zodiac writers can never actually seem to get it straight which sign it is.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm a. . .

. . .actually, I'm still not sure what my sign is. Not because I don't know the date the sign falls on, but because Zodiac writers can never actually seem to get it straight which sign it is.
Just compare your birthday with this.

#TaurusMasterRace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom