• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
YO CHARACTER SPECIFIC STUFF
Thor is similar but has a Level 3 and Hammer Throw
X has lots of different weapons from his game, less projectile focused than the player thought. HAS HIS MHX VOICE
Captain Marvel is a flying She-Hulk (YAAAAAAS fun sounding! NOOOOOO possibly no good version of Hulk)
Iron Man is less Keng Fu and more MCU style
Ultron sis slow and the drones can be broken
Morrigan has a strong projectile game but mvc3 combos
Hawkeye: 2 button supers means Gimlet for days

D

Deleted member

You got Xenoblade 1, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower first.
And you got EarthBound, Final Fantasy I, IV, VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Xenogears and Chrono Cross first.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
X has lots of different weapons from his game, less projectile focused than the player thought. HAS HIS MHX VOICE
Captain Marvel is a flying She-Hulk (YAAAAAAS fun sounding! NOOOOOO possibly no good version of Hulk)
Can you point me towards the footage of X?

Wanna hear that voice in action. Really liked how he sounded in MMX8 and MHX. Also wanna check if they're re-used voice clips.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
YOOOOOOOOO! I hope MMX has the Speed Burner and Frost Tower. Those are some of my favorite moves. Triad Thunder would be cool too.

ALSO, THANK YOU! I'm glad he kept his MMX8 voice actor. For those who don't know, he's also voiced Cloud in Smash 4 and Rohan from JoJo. If we're talking the Japanese voice anyway. I thought Mark Gatha retired. If he's back too, they hype is real.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sadly it wasn't from a clip but a guy's impression from the build he played
Oh, alright then.

I also didn't think about the fact it could be in Japanese.

I guess if it's English though, it's likely re-using Mark Gatha's lines from previous projects.

If it was the Japanese version the guy saw/played, I think there's a chance X could just be mute in the English release..

D

Deleted member

Quetion, with anime boys, whats nicer looking, dark skinned or light skinned and what hair colors go with dark and light skinned characters be it natural or unnatural

I ask because Im changing the pallates of all my units and tou can change idividual things
White/blond hair on dark skinned guys because

Japan

Has

Some

Goddamn

Fetish

About

This

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Quetion, with anime boys, whats nicer looking, dark skinned or light skinned and what hair colors go with dark and light skinned characters be it natural or unnatural

I ask because Im changing the pallates of all my units and tou can change idividual things
Dark hairs go with light skinned characters well. I think.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, what with all the Guardians talk and MvCI hype, I gotta say...

Yondu would be amazing in this game. Please Capcom.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does anyone have the link to that dr strange gif with thor talking about marvel vs capcom from yesterday? I can't find it and wanted to share it with someone.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Consider my curiosity piqued. My instinct would tell me they actually did get Pokemon ready, but logic says that's probably not happening until next year. Granted, if it's plural titles that will boost sales then it's not like that would be the only ace they'd be playing either way. . .

. . .One of the comments just said there's no games on the Switch after MK8 Deluxe until Odyssey.

SMH. *frustrated woomy*

This is yet another seeming nail into the coffin that people only consider something a video game if it has Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon in the title. To some people, I'm guessing the only thing they could announce that would please them is Mario Party.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, after Ike got in, I was looking through the Heroes roster to see if there were any other obviously missing characters (Celica aside since she's virtually guaranteed to come on or around May 15). Beside those with main lord status (Micaiah, Leif, Sigurd, and the aforementioned Celica) the main one that still stands out to me is Sumia.

Like damn, she's Chrom's canonical wife and one of Awakening's more important characters, so her absence feels weird, especially with some of Awakening's characters in the game being much more minor, like Donnel. If having yet another Pegasus Knight lancer is an issue, just let her use a tome and make her a Dark Flier.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think it would be good to sell pokemon stars in like February.

Would greatly increase the install base and make the rest of the year much better for other games to sell on, while spreading word of mouth further. They could still do a pokemon bundle or something in the holidays later, and have some other big holiday title or 2.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Would greatly increase the install base and make the rest of the year much better for other games to sell on, while spreading word of mouth further. They could still do a pokemon bundle or something in the holidays later, and have some other big holiday title or 2.
Pokemon games typically sell during the holidays which is smart, brand recognition and holiday hype

Shame Cube just keeps sounded busted. Someone suggested Zangief return and then everyone else imagined a Grappler with strong ass grabs and Shame Cube

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
lol that moment when I was meant to be gone but then the Switch speculation made me addicted to the site a bit again, all thanks to @Aussie the Shinobi iirc.

Speaking of which, you do not have my permission to leave.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

if pokemon stars is even a thing

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
White/blond hair on dark skinned guys because

Japan

Has

Some

Goddamn

Fetish

About

This
Indeed. It's not unexplainable. But I am curious how Japan views these type of characters. Also, I sincerely want to know how:
This
gets darker
and Darker
Not really Shirou, but this character practically resembles him body-structure wise and even assumes his form during the game he's in.
AND DARKER!
I know Magic is a free world, but even I have to question what exactly is up with this. Actually, screw this, I'm calling him Jackson Michael from now on.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
As long as we get Haggar.
He'll Space Stone you and then make sure you respect the pipe

Shame Cube to getting knocked the **** out by the goddamn mayor

If we got new X-Men (already have more than enough tbh) who'd you like to see? Quicksilver would be neat and if they add Jubilee for ****s and giggles I can only approve of the situation

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
YouTube link:

They're playing Puyo Puyo Tetris today, among other shenanigans.

Also a new SGB Super Mario 64 part just went up too. God damn, been a while since so many anticipated stuff came up on my feed at once.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think I like this design
"Neo Zero Suit Samus"
Is. . .is that an armor bikini?

Don't people already complain the Zero Suit is far too risque? It's actively drawing attention to her chest in ways the original didn't.

Plus isn't the point of the Zero Suit to not have armor? This is more like the 20% Suit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Don't people already complain the Zero Suit is far too risque? It's actively drawing attention to her chest in ways the original didn't.

Plus isn't the point of the Zero Suit to not have armor? This is more like the 20% Suit.
It's called a breast plate. Or a sci-fi version of one.

Looks a bit odd but they're not an inherently sexual thing, and men have an equivalent too.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Your name is so much better.

Chrono.

Indeed. It's not unexplainable. But I am curious how Japan views these type of characters. Also, I sincerely want to know how:
This
gets darker
and Darker
Not really Shirou, but this character practically resembles him body-structure wise and even assumes his form during the game he's in.
AND DARKER!
I know Magic is a free world, but even I have to question what exactly is up with this. Actually, screw this, I'm calling him Jackson Michael from now on.
Is the last one some sort of EMIYA Alter?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If we got new X-Men (already have more than enough tbh) who'd you like to see? Quicksilver would be neat and if they add Jubilee for ****s and giggles I can only approve of the situation
The Twins and Beast.
But mainly Scarlet Witch, especially if she has an MCU costume.

You know, after Ike got in, I was looking through the Heroes roster to see if there were any other obviously missing characters (Celica aside since she's virtually guaranteed to come on or around May 15). Beside those with main lord status (Micaiah, Leif, Sigurd, and the aforementioned Celica) the main one that still stands out to me is Sumia.

Like damn, she's Chrom's canonical wife and one of Awakening's more important characters, so her absence feels weird, especially with some of Awakening's characters in the game being much more minor, like Donnel. If having yet another Pegasus Knight lancer is an issue, just let her use a tome and make her a Dark Flier.
I was more surprised about the absence of Kaze from Fates TBH.

Saizo AND kagero beat him in?

yeesh

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Holy crap, Aaron actually dropped some legit trivia I've NEVER heard of before.

Apparently, one of the earliest concepts for Sonic as a character was that he was going to be a fighter jet pilot, with that being the main mechanic. Explains why he has the Tornado.

It came up because of the t-shirt Aaron is wearing. The Japanese text apparently translates to "Airplane", which is a reference to that fact.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's called a breast plate. Or a sci-fi version of one.

Looks a bit odd but they're not an inherently sexual thing, and men have an equivalent too.
Maybe not, but I don't think the glowing neon lights are exactly helping that particular example's case. It's much less. . .muted than the one you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom