• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
You know what? I can see a lot of hype **** happening with the Space cube. Someone being stuck in it but perfectly blocking absolutely everything or people calling it the shame cube
it looks sooo busted lol

corner combos midscreen? wtf

D

Deleted member

Well, I suppose so.

Well to be fair, I don't know anything about Marvel VS Capcom, but I know what I've heard about Guardians of the Galaxy.
Bilbo was my main in UMvC3.

Say that to my face one more time and watch what happens.
The thing is though, that no one is better than Bilbo.
IMG_3500.JPG

Question for Mahvel veterans, what changes are you most excited about?
I'm excited to see rounds, the infinity gems, and 2 character teams. Reminds me of the classic games like Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men vs Street Fighter. I also miss 1v1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So today's :4kirby:'s birthday Japan time? Hard to believe it's been 25 years.

I still remember playing Dream Land & Dream Land 2 the first time (I was borrowing them from my neighbor). Still one of my most fave series.

D

Deleted member

Question for Mahvel veterans, what changes are you most excited about?
I wouldn't describe myself as "excited" for the changes I'm about to list, but I do appreciate them.
  • The return to the 2v2 formula from XvSF/MvSF/MvC1/TvC.
  • The removal of assists.
  • The return of the gem system from Marvel Super Heroes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The gameplay looks great.

I am disappointed that all the themes seem techno though.

I mean, even Chun-Li's theme was techno. How does that happen?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
How likely do you think a playable Thanos is for MVCI?

I feel like the whole appeal to Thanos is the Infinity Stones, but seeing how they've relegated them to being power ups the whole roster can use and are integral to the gameplay it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to also be apart of his moveset.

Unless they come up with some crazy story about how there exists a separate set of Infinity Stones in the Capcom world... You know what, I wouldn't even put it past them to do something like that...

However I'm not sure how they would fit him into the story if he's not going to be the main villain. Unless you just have him show up and steal the main villain role from Ultron-Sigma.

Or maybe Akuma shows up and he steals the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos making Infinity Akuma the true final boss! :awesome:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I didn't even realize this was a thing, but on the MVC Facebook page it says "heroes and villains team up to fight Ultron Sigma".

In case you were worried there wouldn't be any playable villains aside from Ultron and Sigma.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I didn't even realize this was a thing, but on the MVC Facebook page it says "heroes and villains team up to fight Ultron Sigma".

In case you were worried there wouldn't be any playable villains aside from Ultron and Sigma.
Wesker seems likely considering they opted for RE5 Chris who was in MvC3
Marvel side better bring back Dormammu

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Umbreon AND Midnight Lycanroc? Night person much?

But really, I'm really hoping they don't take the Lillie route and make him who he's not. I'm not exactly a fan of Gladion, but after seeing Lillie's change, I'm worried Gladion could be something that'd make him a second Silver or something.
Lillie has been making progress growing out of that fear of hers though. She went from someone who would freak out at the sight of any Pokemon nearby to holding an egg and eventually forming a bond + holding the Alola Vulpix she has now. I think she's been having some good development thus far, and it's a sign the writers are aware viewers are not liking that one trait of hers. The sixth Sun and Moon episode even hints how Lillie got her fear of Pokemon. Her butler mentioned she once loved to play with Pokemon, but then she gained her fear when she lived at another mansion with "the madame", a.k.a. her mother. I think it implies Lusamine is the reason she's afraid of Pokemon, and I think this mystery has the potential to be fleshed out for some interesting development later into the anime.

Hopefully, Gladion won't act too much like Silver, but in the worst case scenario that he does, I hope he will show good development throughout the series and grow out of a rude phase just like how Lillie is developing as a character.

Tell me when Team Skull's Boy comes through then it will be hype
You mean ya boi Guzma? He's probably not going to show up until later into the series similar to other evil team leaders in the past. If he will show up early, it will probably be a brief cameo where he will be shadowed and seen giving commands to some Team Skull Grunts.

I believe next week will be the Team Rocket vs Team Skull episode where the Rocket trio battles against those same Skull grunts from episode 1, so Guzma might make a cameo at the end.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Haven't made any Heroes updates this past month because my luck hasn't been the best in summoning. Marth was the only 5-star I pulled during that month. On a brighter note, I did get another Chrom, and I got Hinata and Oboro. I only need Takumi and I have the entire Team Takumi trio. I managed to get enough feathers to upgrade Chrom to a 5-star, so I've been training Marth and Chrom to level 40 to use them in the future. Of the units I want to summon right now (not counting this Focus event), I'm still hunting for Takumi, Hector, Alm, and Clair.

And just today, looks like luck was on my side for once, because look who I got:

This is the first time I pulled a 5-star during a Focus event since Julia in the sibling bonds Focus event. He's not Ike, but I'll take it. I'm cool with Soren. It's always nice to have another green-tome user, and from what I've seen of his base stats, it seems like he is faster than Julia and can still pack a punch.

I also got a 4-star Reinhardt. Would've been cool if it was a 5-star instead, but I'll take it. I can upgrade him another time.

Funny how I got mother and son in one pull. I already have a 3-star Laslow, a 4-star Olivia, and a 4-star Gaius, so I sent them away for some feathers.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Rather than subject everyone here to scrolling through my most recent rebuttal, let me tuck it.

I feel like more of you are sick of this argument than aren't, anyway.

That wasn't what I said at all. I said you specifically omitted the part of my post that you quoted where I discussed the bigger picture and claimed I "don't see the bigger picture".

What you're telling people I said VS what I actually said:
[And them charging full price for a port of a 3 year old game being bad has nothing to do with consumer loyalty. Mario Kart 8 is a 3 year old game. And the new version doesn't even have much new stuff in it. It's not new or impressive by any means. So it shouldn't be priced as such.]

[And them charging full price for a port of a 3 year old game being bad has nothing to do with consumer loyalty. Mario Kart 8 is a 3 year old game. And the new version doesn't even have much new stuff in it. It's not new or impressive by any means. So it shouldn't be priced as such.

Pricing it at a budget price would make the idea of upgrading easier to swallow for Wii U players especially if they traded against it, and it would make it even MORE enticing to newcomers, or those on the fence about the Switch. So more money for Nintendo then (it was an incredibly low budget release, so making a loss isn't even a risk for them), and as a bonus, they gain some consumer goodwill which in business, means returning customers.]

So please, don't do that again.
My initial post explicitly looked at one part of the argument and expounded. I honestly never intended the argument to expound so far as to address a bigger picture, though it managed to get there to a degree.

My second post elaborated on it and did address the big picture you brought up. Moreover, none of my statements from that post will change at this time. With all due respect, I called what I saw.

Let me be clear: I will examine what I choose, when I choose to. You are free to rebut if you disagree, as you have, and others the same.

And I would like to also note that, again with all due respect, nothing in your expanded paragraph specifically suggests anything I wrote was incorrect. It offers an alternative solution. The kind of market research necessary to verify increased profits from that maneuver, for a game that has yet to come out, would at this point be beyond either one of us.

Now at this time I will chose to examine the remainder of your post in full.

I can correlate it - most of the game was already made, the new content uses re-used assets anyway, and even most of the "brand new gameplay mechanics" aren't new from a programming standpoint and would require a couple of lines of extra code at most, if not copy-pasting it from one part of the code to another. Nintendo has also said since a couple of years back that this is a strategy they want to implement into more of the games to get more releases out with a lower budget. Which is fine on it's own. I don't even have an issue with this being low budget, but I do have an issue with them selling the game at full price when it's clearly a budget title akin to something like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on the Wii U (which also re-used lots of assets and code).
Porting a game does not make it low-budget.

It does not mean that the game does not require a sizable team, that months of labor are necessary to accomplish the task, or that the game is somehow not worth its price. It is every bit as valuable in its current state to Switch owners as it was to Wii U owners, and the full game is still well and there. Updating the product does not mean that there are not people getting a new product.

And comparing it to Captain Toad is asinine. That took one minigame from another game and expanded it into its own 79-level deal. I understand that you're trying to compare two games not cut from whole cloth, but it's very much apples and oranges. They aren't trying, or even pretending to try, to create something wholly new from old parts. They're making a Deluxe version - enhancing and upgrading the parts that didn't work and re-offering the ones that did.

A better comparison would be, for example, Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD.

Numbers aren't everything, economics are just as, if not more important, than numbers in a discussion about how Nintendo's current strategy works for them in the long term.
No.

Economics is, so speaketh the Merriam-Webster, "a social science concerned chiefly with description and analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services."

In business, wealth is ultimately numbers. Bigger the number, bigger the wealth. Economics is used to bring those numbers in your favor, to examine reasons why those numbers fall a certain way in order to devise additional ways of bringing those numbers in your favor, and to learn lessons when the numbers don't fall in your favor in order to not repeat the mistakes that lead you there.

Economics is the theory. Numbers are the proof. It is on numbers alone that economics lives and dies.

Bust most importantly numbers are thus far the only cited evidence provided in this discussion, and so it's a little one-sided at the moment.

I invite you to provide citations of examples for economics relevant to this situation, so that we may have a true discussion on the matter.

In fact I have a limited one for you here:

This is irrelevant. Review scores are arbitrary. Most consumers don't actually care about a jump in 6 points assuming they even pay attention to the review score, just that the game they are buying now has a good score, and MK8 already had that
Sure.

upload_2017-4-26_12-27-37.png

Page eight. That's something like 21% of people who would find your position relevant. 2015 chart loves you.

Game scores don't sell games on their own, though they would play into the "word of mouth" category some. But Forza Horizon 3 got a 91, and I still won't touch it, so high scores can't be a deciding factor on their own. I think it's fairer to say that review scores would be on the chart of why someone would not buy a game rather than why they would and a low score would be more relevant than a high one.

However scores can determine the better version between ports, in the same way as it can determine the best version of a multi-platform game for those who own multiple platforms, or are deciding between investing in one. And for those who do care, a six point jump to 94 is still an improvement.

I do expect this number to fall somewhat after the release and widespread reviewing begins but I still expect it to exceed the original. Can even prove it mathematically, to paraphrase a drunk.

In order to dip MK8D to MK8's 88, with the same number of reviewers, the remaining reviewers would have to give it an average of 76. Not that each would, but they'd have to average to it. The original MK8 only received five scores below an 80 (with the lowest being two 70 scores). Long odds, but I suppose the night is young.

(so I highly doubt MK8DX would sell worse if it was still an 88).
I agree, for the same as above.

If it was significantly below that, say a 70 or below, then sales might take a hit.

There's also so many other factors at play here that could influence review score, like different reviewers, a difference in the amount of reviews (which is the case - MK8 is based on 82 Critics, MK8DX is based on 56 Critics as of typing), and so on. So I do not see how and why this should generate major consumer goodwill, certainly not in comparison to pricing MK8DX more fairly.
The suggestion that pricing MK8D more fairly would be an improvement in sales presupposes that MK8D is not priced fairly. I've made my case on the matter several times and we clearly won't agree.

I will concede that the review scores would not affect matters by comparison to the price, as denoted by the above chart. I still believe both are at least fair.

I actually disagree with this - when MK8 launched, I felt I didn't even get my money's worth. It's still a rip-off with the extra DLC on top of the original game's price (the DLC was cool but it didn't fix the core issues with the game - clearly they waited until MK8DX for that). If MK8DX was the game I got then, it would have been a totally different story. But unfortunately we're only getting it now. And now it's a 3 year old game, making it less valuable, especially for people who have the original. Therefore, it would have been smarter to just sell this at around the €40 mark.
I would argue that it is no less valuable to those who do not own the original. In fact, with the improvements, it is likely moreso.

In fact, the only people I would argue that this is less valuable to is people who own the original. Hence why I understand your feelings, as one of those people. But it is not a universal feeling, and it would not have been an intelligent move unless it broadly impacted the people who were looking to buy the game.

No it isn't. Battle Mode was in the original game.
You're making me sad that I didn't quote this before:

Mario Wiki said:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will change the Battle Mode rules to the style last used in Mario Kart 7 with new battle arenas and some changes. Each player starts with five balloons, rather than the traditional three, and losing all balloons now halves the player's score, instead of merely deducting a point. The player will respawn with three balloons.
And let's look at what would have needed to change from MK8 to do that:

Mario Wiki said:
Mario Kart 8's battles take place on regular race courses throughout the game, alongside the rules changing again. Players start with three points, and getting hit by items will deduct a point. If all balloons are popped, they are out of the game, but they can still participate as a ghost. Appearing as a transparent version of the character on the player's screen, but invisible to everyone else, they can still use items to harm the other players.
So everything but the balloons' existence, then.

Alright.

Two of the modes in MK8DX were also in MK8 and are unchanged. All they did was add the arenas they should have had in the first place, and add 3 new modes and two items. The 3 new modes aren't even mechanical reworks either - one of them is just "Balloon Battle with only Bob-Ombs", the other is "Coin Battle except there is only one coin at a time and you chase the person who has it". These two modes were made using tweaks to existing code that could be done in no time at all. The only extra work they had to do was re-program AI (which doesn't take too long either because they had an AI system in place, they just had to re-program it a bit for the new arenas), and add the UI, and of course general bug testing to be safe.
And model the arenas. Even with existing assets and geometry, turning something into something similar yet entirely different is quite a feat, says a person who does so in smaller scale on the regular. I sincerely doubt they've simply copy-pasted everything, as well.

I'm going to point out as well that nothing in my research - no wikis, no googling, nothing - has suggested that there was ever anything more than one Battle Mode in MK8 - the track-based Balloon Battle variant. And while I would agree that many of the other modes are variants on the theme, at least this time we have some.

The items are hardly anything new either. For one, the Super Leaf already had a model in the original MK8:

As for it's function - it's literally an on-demand trick ramp, with the same "stealing" property Super Mushrooms have in Battle Mode. The code was there already.

Boo had a model in the game already too since they were stage hazards in one of the courses. This applies to King Boo's model as well, they just made a crown for him. The Boo item may have been programmed from scratch though in terms of what it actually does.

Dry Bones also had a model in the original game as he was also a stage hazard, and they probably just used Koopa Troopa's animation skeleton (...lol) for his playable appearance in MK8DX.

The Inklings are clearly just pulled from Splatoon itself, they're clearly the same model and the two games are made by the same team IIRC, so it makes sense.
Sure. From a geometry perspective, if this is all correct, that's fairly clever repurposing overall, and would cut down on the work significantly.

Each character still needs multiple animations (six stunt, one victory, one loss, one injury, one for holding items, and one incidental happy mid-race exclamation, assuming I missed none). Some of these could be adjusted from other characters' animations made to fit the bones of existing characters to a degree (Dry Bones could borrow heavily from Koopa Troopa, King Boo could borrow heavily from the regular Boos' animations, the Inklings could borrow from each other) but I'd have to do some analysis with MK8D footage to verify that any of that occurred.

So yeah, I'm not seeing a mechanical overhaul. Almost everything was made using existing assets or mechanics.
Now now, let's not start misquoting me after berating me for the same:

What we can assume is that: at least some of the MK8 team was involved, and the familiarity probably helped development, although the minimum 19 month gap in development makes it unlikely they were able to get the entire original team involved; the Wii U iteration of MK8 pushed the Wii U to its limits but presumably the Switch handles it with better margins, so there may have been less need for optimization, if it wasn't used to enhance the graphics; and new additions to the game primarily came in the form of quality of life upgrades, although new items, the ability to hold two items, and an overhaul of Battle Mode were all part of these.
In no way did I suggest the entire game went through a complete overhaul, merely Battle Mode. I await your well-reasoned contest that the Battle Mode would not fit such criteria in the context of MK8 to MK8D.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, depends on perspective. Still could have objectively been a better deal for all though, that would most likely mean more profits for Nintendo too.
I sincerely doubt a price cut was or will be seriously considered anytime soon.

Absent that, what steps would you take to make the game worth $60?

Please understand, I'm not being facetious when I ask. I genuinely want to know what you think is missing. Because I still recall this:

Dude, MK8DX would "suit me" at €20, max, and that's without trading against it. I'm suggesting it be €40-€45, which is more reasonable than the price they are charging and would most likely make them a larger profit because this game was very low budget.
I would argue that there's a fairly sizable margin of individuals in your same boat. And unless and until MK8D offers something that justifies its price to you, don't buy it, as I'd recommend with any other game in the same category.

But with all due respect, I don't see that occurring with you at all presently. If the original game felt like a rip-off to you, there's nothing I can conceive of in MK gameplay terms that would sway you further, nor would I advise it.

Unfortunately that also makes your advice patently useless in this arena; if you're not buying, Nintendo shouldn't be attempting to sell to you. Perhaps we should start with what you would like to see out of the game before you would make a purchase?

Final note for you:

Sony didn't care when they released The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 and made it cheaper than a full price PS4 game (and that game is a way bigger deal than Mario Kart 8).
I figured I'd look into this, and, funnily enough, Kotaku had the exact same discussion then as we're having now. And came to basically the same conclusions I have regarding MK8D. Have a look:

Kotaku said:
If you've never played The Last of Us: Yes, you should get the PS4 version. It's the best version of the game, and it comes with Left Behind, which still costs $15 online and in some ways manages to outdo the main game.

If you've already played The Last of Us, thought it was good/fine, and never really came back to it: No, you probably don't need the PS4 version. It's still the same game. Save your money for something you haven't already played.

If you love The Last of Us to death and have already played it more than once:Yeah, sure, get it on PS4. It's basically like getting the blu-ray collector's edition of a movie you already own on DVD. The new technology provides a good reason to play it again.

If you dislike The Last of Us and/or think it's woefully overrated: You can safely skip this version. I doubt playing it again in 1080p will change your mind.
Say what you want about Kotaku, but they're not wrong here. Sure, MK8's DLC is nothing like Left Behind, but between that and the revamped Battle Mode it remains the most comprehensive version of the game.

Going by this, I would be in category 1, and, from the sound of it, you would be in category 4. Would that be accurate?

Meanwhile at Forza

they're kinda just doing a thing

and it actually looks amazing

Scary.

I just cited that game as one I wouldn't touch.

And now I kind of want to touch it.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
- Call of Duty World War 2.
- Only goes from D-Day onwards with no Pacific campaign, Russian front, Africa or Italy.

Aaaaannnd I suddenly don't give a **** anymore.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Missed this while ranting:

That makes me think, wasn't a MvC game planned to get released on the GCN or the Wii and to figure Samus and Link but finally got scrapped?

Doesn't ring a bell.

There was Capcom vs. SNK 2 on the GCN, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii, but neither had Nintendo guests.

MvC2 could have theoretically run on the WIi, but due to the rights they had to sell it as a downloadable, and there were limits in place for Wiiware file sizes that MvC2 just couldn't meet. No MvC2, no guests.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, my luck with Heroes has been pretty bad. Last night I used the rest of my orbs in a last ditch effort to get Alm.

Pull one last Red unit.

Dust cloud.

Hype.

It's a Five Star!

...aaaaaand it's Eirika. I suppose Alm will get his chance another day.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
He meant Ultimate Alliance
Huh.

Yeah, that was apparently a thing.

Wikipedia for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance said:
At one point, both Link from The Legend of Zelda series and Samus Aran from the Metroid series were planned to be playable characters for the Wii version; however, both characters were removed prior to release.
Good catch, forgot that game existed.

I don't know if this was brought up but Nintendo of America has opened up an official Reddit account. https://www.reddit.com/user/nintendo_america

I'm very curious where this will going now.
They're already preparing apologies for the stock of the SNES Classic.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Unfortunately that also makes your advice patently useless in this arena; if you're not buying, Nintendo shouldn't be attempting to sell to you. Perhaps we should start with what you would like to see out of the game before you would make a purchase?
Not replying to the whole thing because there's a lot of fluff you're trying to run around.

But this attitude is exactly what I was talking about in the beginning. The "Nintendo should only cater to the hardcore Nintendo faithful niche" attitude.

Nintendo absolutely should listen to the thoughts of those critical of their approach. I like Nintendo's games, and I think MK8DX looks like a good game for those who didn't get the original or just love it to death. But it's not so content and feature packed that it's worth the price they are asking for on an objective level, and many think the same. So clearly they didn't make the best decision on the price. They lost out on customers, like myself, who would have at least been willing to adopt early.

My main issue with Nintendo as a company is by far how tone-deaf and "in a bubble" they are (even most faithful Nintendo fans should see this to SOME degree), and that's not gonna change when people who are giving rational criticism towards the company are being overshadowed by fans who are telling people with a critical approach that their words are "useless".

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That makes me think, wasn't a MvC game planned to get released on the GCN or the Wii and to figure Samus and Link but finally got scrapped?

It wasn't MvC but rather Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

IIRC, Nintendo killed the idea because Activision demonstrated Link & Samus to them on the PlayStation 2.

EDIT: :079:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We've got some major news related to the Sun and Moon anime!

The 27th episode title has been revealed, and a certain major SM character has also been revealed to be making the big anime debut in that episode!

Gladion is officially coming to the anime boys!

Yep, it's confirmed he has a Midnight Lycanroc and an Umbreon on his team. Very surprising that he isn't revealed to have Type: Null yet. Maybe that will be revealed later? He still has the scratch marks from the Pokemon, so I guess that's a sign he could be keeping Type: Null a secret.

Also, he still has the signature edge lord pose. That smirk makes him resemble Owain/Odin even more, in terms of dramatic hand gestures.

And here's the other scan:

So Lillie will be meeting Gladion in that same episode. This should have some very interesting development.

it also looks like Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc will have some kind of rivalry/bond with Ash's Rockruff. Considering the Pokemon Gladion has, something tells me this might hint Ash's Rockruff will eventually evolve into Midday Lycanroc. It would make a great contrast to Gladion's Lycanroc.

For those that want to know when the episode will air, it will be on May 18, 2017. The title of the episode is "Get out! Red Eyed Lycanroc!" That title already reminds me of what Gladion says when you visit him in his motel room in Route 8: "Get out!" I bet he'll say that at same point in the episode as well.

Already looking forward to these next few weeks. Seems like it'll be a great episode, not to mention Gladion will most likely be Ash's first major rival in the Sun and Moon anime.
Geez they really are pushing midnight lycanroc in the anime. I honestly could see it considered for smash at this point.

Its nice to finally see Gladion though and its cool that he has these two. I wonder if his other 4 members will be added to his team later on.

Also why I do think its possible Ash will get the mysterious 3rd lycanroc form. They really are setting it up for him to get sun. I guess it could be a fakeout though.

And the pic with midnight petting rockruff is cute

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Do you think Sony wanting to have Venom exist in their own movies outside of the MCU might prevent him from being added to MVCI?
Theoretically, no. Only Fox has issues with that kind of thing, but I remember that the reason Venom was cut was because Marvel of America and Marvel of Japan wanted different things and you can't just region lock a character

According to Ryce, Sigma being DLC is for the best as he doesn't quite seem finished in the story trailer, especially considering Ultron

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
But it's not so content and feature packed that it's worth the price they are asking for on an objective level, and many think the same.

The entire argument is subjective. There is nothing MK8D can add besides what it already has that will sway anyone else at any price. It is what it is. It isn't worth less for that for any reason, including its existence and availability on on Wii U.

And you skipped over what I felt was a very important part of the conversation:

I sincerely doubt a price cut was or will be seriously considered anytime soon.

Absent that, what steps would you take to make the game worth $60?

Please understand, I'm not being facetious when I ask. I genuinely want to know what you think is missing. Because I still recall this:

"ChikoLad, post: 21730593, member: 233902": Dude, MK8DX would "suit me" at €20, max, and that's without trading against it. I'm suggesting it be €40-€45, which is more reasonable than the price they are charging and would most likely make them a larger profit because this game was very low budget.

I would argue that there's a fairly sizable margin of individuals in your same boat. And unless and until MK8D offers something that justifies its price to you, don't buy it, as I'd recommend with any other game in the same category.

But with all due respect, I don't see that occurring with you at all presently. If the original game felt like a rip-off to you, there's nothing I can conceive of in MK gameplay terms that would sway you further, nor would I advise it.

I was quite serious about that answer.

Now provide one.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You all remeber when I said I wasnt a failure this semster? I take it back, I am 200% A failure and Ill never be able to succsed in math no matter how hard I try.

I give up really. Imma lock myself in my room for the weekend, I give up

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The entire argument is subjective. There is nothing MK8D can add besides what it already has that will sway anyone else at any price. It is what it is. It isn't worth less for that for any reason, including its existence and availability on on Wii U.

And you skipped over what I felt was a very important part of the conversation:

I was quite serious about that answer.

Now provide one.
It means exactly what I know it means, and MK8DX objectively doesn't warrant the price tag it has going by standard practices in the industry. It's only Nintendo's patently ridiculous pricing policies and brand ego that are causing it to be priced the way it is. Not some carefully calculated value proposition or to make up for some huge development cost, and you know that.

I've already made numerous suggestions in the past about how the game could be improved, such as a more fulfilling online experience that includes unlockables such as menu themes and the like. Really, that's a whole other discussion and I'm not dedicating the time to that, and at this point would be a Mario Kart 9 speculation discussion.

It's irrelevant to my point though. It's a port of a 3 year old game and it should be cheaper than full retail price like most other ports of old games are. I'm sticking to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom