• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Never before did I think I'd see a mod outright encouraging piracy. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mexico has a huge animu fanbase, but TV channels pretend that Dragon Ball and Pokémon are the only ones that exist. So, yeah, illegal streaming is something we must do most of the time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sure, there are those great shows that were so old that they never released on DVD, then there's the shows that have, but they're too expensive.

Sonetimes most people just don't have a choice if they want to watch this stuff at all. (Still waiting for them to put The Puzzle Place on Netflix, Lancit Media. What's the holdup?)

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Oh my. A little more talk about pirates we can find ourselves running into the Judge himself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do think it's funny in a hypocritical sort of way.

Pirate an anime and no one cares.
Pirate a game and you're the spawn of Hitler.

I mean come on, guys. At least acknowledge the hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I only have Crunchyroll for when Jojo is airing. Attack on Titan dub already started on Toonami so I'm not concerned there.

Then again I'm not a weeaboo, so anime isn't a big concern

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Never before did I think I'd see a mod outright encouraging piracy. :p
Hey now, I'm only doing it because I have no options.
If you have the money and the means, you obviously should make an effort watch them legally.

There are anime that air on TV here - Crayon Shin-Chan, Doraemon, Kochikame, and lots of obscure ones. I don't pirate those.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind emulating games as long as it's not something so accessible.

Also, people don't really think much about the money that goes into TV as much as say, a game. Usually because if you watch something on TV you yourself are not directly paying for it.

D

Deleted member

*always bought pirated copies of PS2 games as a kid*
*used an R4 for anything but Pokemon*
*played FE6, 7 and 8 on VisualBoy and just started Metroid Fusion*
What hipocrisy?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey now, I'm only doing it because I have no options.
If you have the money and the means, you obviously should make an effort watch them legally.

There are anime that air on TV here - Crayon Shin-Chan, Doraemon, Kochikame, and lots of obscure ones. I don't pirate those.
I mean I understand it when something is literally unavailable through legal means in your country, but yeesh...the amount of people in places that can legally watch things that don't is scarily high.

D

Deleted member

*always bought pirated copies of PS2 games as a kid*
*used an R4 for anything but Pokemon*
*played FE6, 7 and 8 on VisualBoy and just started Metroid Fusion*
What hipocrisy?
No one brought up Hippos, you weirdo.

Also, I still recommend Aria of Sorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Acknowledged, but hypocrisy is sometimes necessary to enjoy the things you want. The inaccessibility of anime is one of the biggest issues in the industry, if not the biggest.

Though to be fair, it's not like I've never pirated a game either.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I mean I understand it when something is literally unavailable through legal means in your country, but yeesh...the amount of people in places that can legally watch things that don't is scarily high.
For anime, yeah. But it's not as widespread for gaming.

Sites like Steam and GoG have done a pretty job at discouraging game piracy by being convenient and cheap.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm still not sure what people who brush off Splatoon 2 as a "port" actually want from a sequel to Splatoon.

Is it new content? Apparently not because the update cycle of the original apparently invalidates it or something.

Is it about having a gameplay tweak? All of the specials were replaced, existing weapons have new attacks, new weapons have unique gimmicks.

Is it modification to the art direction? They actually did subtly do that as the stages are brighter and more vibrant now, in addition to lighting tweaks and additional detail I.E. trees having more and smaller leaves. Are people expecting them to completely change the artstyle in only two years?

Is it whether or not Splatoon's engine could run everything it does? Apparently absolutely not, but Splatoon 2 has made multiple tweaks that upgrade the way the engine runs from Splatoon such as allowing multiple layers of the stage that are on top of each other to be inked and making the ink have varying thickness and a reflective surface.

Is it about having an all-new story mode? It does.

Is it about having new modes altogether? Salmon Run.

. . .? I'm not sure what people are asking for exactly out of it. Splatoon is probably the best franchise I've seen for actually taking note of people's complaints and requests and fixing them for Splatoon 2, so if people actually voiced what it was they wanted instead of that they're simply dissatisfied it might end up being addressed in Splatoon 3.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been doing some rough sketching for an online activity, thought I'd share it...

Feels good to be drawing creatures again...
kaiju sketch copy.jpg

Yes this online activity is based around Pacific Rim for it's current topic...

Feel free to give me any feedback as well...

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Bilbo was my main in UMvC3.

The thing is though, that no one is better than Bilbo.

I'm excited to see rounds, the infinity gems, and 2 character teams. Reminds me of the classic games like Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men vs Street Fighter. I also miss 1v1.
THAT'S IT! OH YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! HERE GOES NOTHING!

Your mother is a ***** ******* ******* ***** lorem ipsum ******* ***** *** admiumvenium ***** ******* ***** treguna ***** ****** *** **** ******* hippopotomus *** ********* **** ****** ************* republican *** ******* Daniel Radcliffe **** ************ ******* **** with a bucket of **** *** ************ **** in a castle far away where no one can hear you ****** ****** ****** ******* ********** ******** ******* soup *********** *** ***** with a bucket of ****** ******** Mickey Mouse ***** **** with a stick of dynamite **** magical ****** Alakazam

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Your mother is a ***** ******* ******* ***** lorem ipsum ******* ***** *** admiumvenium ***** ******* ***** treguna ***** ****** *** **** ******* hippopotomus *** ********* **** ****** ************* republican *** ******* Daniel Radcliffe **** ************ ******* **** with a bucket of **** *** ************ **** in a castle far away where no one can hear you ****** ****** ****** ******* ********** ******** ******* soup *********** *** ***** with a bucket of ****** ******** Mickey Mouse ***** **** with a stick of dynamite **** magical ****** Alakazam
Everyone evacuate! We have a rabbid raccoon on the loose!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintens twitter and Sonics twitter should be friends
The Sonic and Mega Man Twitters are already friends and it's beautiful. To ayone who hasn't seen the Mega Man Twitter, I'd recommend it at least for the time being, BTW. They had a big fanart thing not long ago but other than that it's usually their own kind of quirky posting.

Nintendo tried something with Sonic before, but Nintendo kind of ruined the moment at the last second.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The Sonic and Mega Man Twitters are already friends and it's beautiful. To ayone who hasn't seen the Mega Man Twitter, I'd recommend it at least for the time being, BTW. They had a big fanart thing not long ago but other than that it's usually their own kind of quirky posting.

Nintendo tried something with Sonic before, but Nintendo kind of ruined the moment at the last second.
Nintendo is the meme loving friend who everyone hates but is actually a really cool guy but no one gives him a chance

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

The reference is appreciated

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendonis the meme loving friend who everyone hates but is actually a really cool guy but no one gives him a chance
On one hand Nintendo's a bit unpracticed, but on the other hand I've seen them get ripped apart way harder than Sonic for the exact same meme so there's a pretty obvious and ridiculous double standard.

Nintendo just needs a little more time in the sun.

And for their fanbase to chill, but that's kind of like wishing for a unicorn.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Gesundheit. Bless you. Salud. Whatever tongue you speak.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just came back home and watched the Marvel Infinite gameplay footage and overall I'm feeling a bit better about the game after seeing it.

Looking at some of their moves it looks like we are back to Punch and Kick buttons.
Chunners actually looks really fun in this game, her combos look hot af. And I like her new voice.
Ultron looks great and doesn't play by the rules (lol assist drones). Though his air command grab looks like it functions similar to Captain Marvels; grab -> throw (or blast in Ultron's case) and causes wall bounce.
Clint Cage's Level 3 looks a lot cooler than his UMvC3 version. (So Ant Man is going to be in the game?)
Strider orbs are Level 1 again.
The "shame box" gem people are calling looks busted.
TIME STONE, TIME STONE, TIME STONE!

Just improve the UI and presentation of the game and we're good.

Oh and DP motions ARE still in Infinite. Aces!
Reverse DP motions can go **** off tho.

Do not ponder the language of RR.

He will eat your trash and send you to Mars or some ****
Will he at least give me an advanced screening of GotG Vol 2 first?

Because getting sent to Mars would be worth seeing that movie early

cmonnnnnnnnnnnn he has to have a copy of the movie right?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Will he at least give me an advanced screening of GotG Vol 2 first?

Because getting sent to Mars would be worth seeing that movie early

cmonnnnnnnnnnnn he has to have a copy of the movie right?
Don't ask me, ask the furry himself. Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon , get back here and explain yourself.

EDIT: actually, I'm too tired for this right now. Nighty-night!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've beaten Beyond Good and Evil. A game made by Michel Ancel (creator of Rayman).

Overall a really good game, I can see why its such a cult classic. Though I feel a couple of things hold it back from becoming a really great game.

The camera is bad, like, really bad. It felt way too sensitive. There were also certain moments that didn't feel well thought out.

Regardless, I found myself having a hard time putting it down. The characters and world are incredible, it's challenging (more than I thought it would be), and overall it's a game with a whole lot of love and care put into it.

I'm want to see this story continue someday, with those pieces of concept art and the rumor of the sequel being Switch exclusive, I hope we hear more about it sooner rather than later.

CARLSON AND PETERS

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Danica Patrick will drive a Whataburger themed car.
mencs-dp10ww.jpg

The nose looks fine, but the transition from orange to light blue on certain spots not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom