• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Darkseid's super is one of the best I2 supers. Right up there with Flash, Cyborg and Black Adam. Though plenty of them are really cool.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Decided to have a look at the Sonic Forces trailers as I haven't really seen anything other than the initial reveal...I believe I was working at the time it was being shown off and haven't gotten around to watching it yet...

Green Hill Zone Gameplay...
This is probably not a good thing but it actually hurts my eyes watching this...something about the blooming effect from the grass and the high speed scrolling doesn't sit right with me...but maybe it's just because it was on a Youtube video as the actual experience may be different...
Either way...the gameplay does look neat very much like Classic Sonic with a 3D skin...Been a while since I played any of the 2D Sonic games...

As for the other gameplay, I'll call it modern Sonic gamplay, while I haven't really played a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2, so I'm not sure how later Sonic games were really like in comparison, but I'm definitely getting a similar vibe from SA2 with how the levels are structured...was also trying to listen to the music that played as well but the SFX sort of drowned it out in the trailer so I couldn't really get a good enough grasp of it...

Seeing as SA2 was one of my favourite games on the gamecube, I might consider getting Forces when it comes out however...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But then it isn't unexpected. :4megaman:

Yeah I think three smaller games in a row was about enough for me, and counting the PS4 game that's four titles in a row that don't really do anything to progress the arc much. Nexus in particular felt like it only existed to kill off characters that did too little to actually warrant being dead and break an object that was already broken, and at the end of it I felt a bit frustrated because of it. All 4 One was there basically to say "Hey, the comic existed and maybe Nefarious has a conscience!" and while I ended up not getting around to getting Full Frontal Assault other than helping playtest the (excellent) beta, I'm guessing what I missed was Qwark finally being kicked out of the job he was never qualified for in the first place and not too much else.

You have Lombaxes in another dimension, man. You clearly intended to do something with that, what was it? What about Angela Cross, how does she fit into everything since you implied she's a Lombax? And wasn't there something about Talwyn's dad?

Stahp stalling already, Insomniac. You're hurtin' me.
Angela wasn't just implied to be a lombax, she's flatout confirmed to be a lombax. As for talwyn's dad, In A Crack in Time, it's mentioned on one of the in game radio stations that Max Apogee rescues Angela from Tachyon while fleeing the Cerulean Sector. What happens to them afterwards is unknown, except that Apogee's ship was recovered and it's point of origin was Jasindu.

I too would like to see Insomniac hurry up and tie things up already. Hopefully the end of Nexus actually ends up leading up to something.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's been an overall interesting day in the world Marvel; on the one hand, I just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A really good film that keeps to the spirit of its predecessor, but still improves with new character development of the old cast.
And now I'll hang on to the idea that Ego is a planet sized STD.
Which he practically is, having been responsible for the death of Peter's mum.

And on the Capcom side of the hand, Ed becoming a successor of Bison's Psycho Power could be interesting, but still not enough to bring me back to the game.

This leads me to MvC:I - I will confess my stance as being a little bit pessimistic after Street Fighter V, but I hope that there is going to be enough content available in MvC:I that will hopefully change my current opinion. Glad we're getting Strider and Rocket back, and nice confirmation of Sigma and Ultron, but I am still holding onto my sceptic's cap for now until we see more details and a polished final product.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
If they don't have any fox characters in their lineup, I hope they have at least one Wolf character

(Get the joke huhehuehue)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of the six DLC characters, some are speculating that they may be characters that haven't been in a MvC game due to the wording of the statement in the trailer being similar to SFV's. If that's the case, while it likely means we wouldn't get X-Men in the initial set as stated before, it could mean we'll get some surprise characters out of it that haven't gotten a chance in the sun yet. So that may be something to look forward to despite having to have the Fox characters sit out for a bit longer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, for those that don't know, Young Justice season 3 is stated to come out 2018. The name of the season is also called Outsiders.

If it's anything like the comics, then it should focus on Batman and Nightwing forming a team made up of redeemed villains.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hmmm I kinda like the 2nd and 4th and if I had to pick between them, Id pick the 2nd. Its so colorful, my eyes snapped to that right away. the other three are just two solid colors and didnt catch my eye as much as the red and yellow
Red Axalta it is.:004:
Im kinda scared now, the diecasts are selling like Pokémon games now, one dude on ebay had 12 of the 4th one and went out of stock in 3 hours.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, for those that don't know, Young Justice season 3 is stated to come out 2018. The name of the season is also called Outsiders.

If it's anything like the comics, then it should focus on Batman and Nightwing forming a team made up of redeemed villains.
It's also on a new exclusive network of DC which requires a subscription fee

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
He was just repeating what Ryse had said and Ryse is very trustworthy as he is the one who has been leaking pretty much everything.
Ryce didn't say there wouldn't be any Fox characters in the initial 6 DLC characters

He was repeating what this guy SneakersSO said, who is someone I've never heard of.

Who is SneakersSO and why is he credible?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ryce didn't say there wouldn't be any Fox characters in the initial 6 DLC characters

He was repeating what this guy SneakersSO said, who is someone I've never heard of.

Who is SneakersSO and why is he credible?
I'm not sure who SneakersSO is but that's not really the point I'm getting at. Ryce said there was going to be DLC characters from Fox and this Sneakers dude is saying that none of the first six are Fox characters. So either this means Sneakers has insider info and knows that the first six won't have Fox characters and the game will have more than one character pack or he's bull****ting and there will be Fox characters in the first pack. Either way Fox characters are almost definitely gonna be DLC if we get them at all and since Ryce, apparently, stated that Fox characters will be DLC they probably will considering his track record.

Edit: Didn't realize this came from him so long ago. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226049501&postcount=4524

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm not sure who SneakersSO is but that's not really the point I'm getting at. Ryce said there was going to be DLC characters from Fox and this Sneakers dude is saying that none of the first six are Fox characters. So either this means Sneakers has insider info and knows that the first six won't have Fox characters and the game will have more than one character pack or he's bull****ting and there will be Fox characters in the first pack. Either way Fox characters are almost definitely gonna be DLC if we get them at all and since Ryce, apparently, stated that Fox characters will be DLC they probably will considering his track record.

Edit: Still scrolling through to find the exact post from Ryce stating that Fox characters will be DLC and if I do I'll let you know.
I already know about what Ryce said about Fox characters being DLC.
I trust Ryce. I wasn't questioning anything Ryce said.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I already know about what Ryce said about Fox characters being DLC.
I trust Ryce. I wasn't questioning anything Ryce said.
OK, hold up. The point of me linking to that post was because CyberHyperPheonix linked me to another stating that the six wouldn't be any Fox characters. I linked him to that tweet to show him what the dude had said previously. I don't have any idea if Sneakers is trustworthy or not my point was that Ryce stated that Fox characters WERE coming as DLC. I misunderstood your one post where you were asking if the dude was trustworthy thinking you were referring to Ryce. So no I don't know if Sneakers is trustworthy the whole point of the post was to show CHP that Fox characters were possible even IF Sneakers had insider info.

Geez, confusion.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I don't think it can beat the Switch's killer app, which is, of course, Super Mario Bros. 2, the game of the year for 32767 years running
ITS A MASTAPIECE!
So as someone who's never played Bomberman before, how would you sell the game to me? Is the new one worth getting?

Alternatively, what about Wonderboy? Would I be better off just waiting for better games?
I just really want something to play on my Switch.
For Bomberman,
The best thing about that game is the multi player so get it if you have some friends that like games
For Wonder Boy,
If you want have a Metroidvana platfromer this is your go to
Yeesh. That's worse than I thought.

I was at least hoping there'd been some kind of beta devkit released earlier in its development, but I guess it is what it is.

I keep hearing this argument.

If you want to buy the three-year-old Mario Kart 8 on Wii U right now on Amazon, it'll cost you $49.90. If you want to also buy both DLC packs at the discounted price, that'll cost you another 11.99, bringing the total to $61.89.

Or you could buy MK8D, getting all that with additional improvements for $59.99.

Is it enough of an argument to double dip, as I know you would have to? No. Will it sell Switches to anyone who owns a Wii U? Debatable. Is it reasonable for anyone who didn't pick it up on Wii U, or didn't get a Wii U and is considering a Switch? Absolutely. Will it sell Switches? Yes.

Setting MK8D aside a moment, I've been noticing that you have this odd tendency to write off their strategy as bad if it doesn't benefit you, i.e doesn't give you a reason to purchase a Switch over the PS4 and Wii U you currently own. I don't think that's going to change anytime in 2017, because even if they do announce something interesting at E3, odds aren't great that you'll get it before 2018.

But the strategy's working for Nintendo at least. Take a look at their stocks over the last 6 months; they're on a climb approaching their holiday numbers in a traditional game-release dead spot, and their stock price is just $2 a share under Sony's (Microsoft's is harder to compare due to the fact that Xbox as a whole doesn't contribute as much as Windows or Office 365 to their bottom line, while Sony's gaming division accounts for more than three quarters of its profits and over four-fifths of Nintendo's).

If they're not doing what you'd like, that's fine, stick around the PS4 market. But your arguments ain't exactly winning hearts and minds.

Oh no, let them *****.

I can get more hyperlinks.
Finally someone get the pricing of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Everyone keeps saying Fox character and I keep thinking people want Fox McCloud in MvC. :foxmelee:
Maybe a Switch port with Fox as a guest character, a la GCN SoulCaliber II.

Heck, throw in Link, Samus, and Captain Falcon.

Let the competitive MvC community figure that one out.

Shut up I can dream.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Actually, come to think of it, I'm fairly certain people do want Fox McCloud in an MvC game.

I want the whole damn package though- Marvel vs Nintendo.

Maybe a Switch port with Fox as a guest character, a la GCN SoulCaliber II.

Heck, throw in Link, Samus, and Captain Falcon.

Let the competitive MvC community figure that one out.

Shut up I can dream.
Imma dream with you: Lucario too.

You kids know we got the wrong game for a Ryu vs Lucario fight.

EDIT: Sorry for the DP. Hit reply by mistake.

EDIT 2: Oh wait. Is Ryu an MvC character? Or was that something else (besides SF)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Imma dream with you: Lucario too.

You kids know we got the wrong game for a Ryu vs Lucario fight.

EDIT: Sorry for the DP. Hit reply by mistake.

EDIT 2: Oh wait. Is Ryu an MvC character? Or was that something else (besides SF)?
Ryu is in. He's Capcom's mascot

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We've got some major news related to the Sun and Moon anime!

The 27th episode title has been revealed, and a certain major SM character has also been revealed to be making the big anime debut in that episode!

Gladion is officially coming to the anime boys!

Yep, it's confirmed he has a Midnight Lycanroc and an Umbreon on his team. Very surprising that he isn't revealed to have Type: Null yet. Maybe that will be revealed later? He still has the scratch marks from the Pokemon, so I guess that's a sign he could be keeping Type: Null a secret.

Also, he still has the signature edge lord pose. That smirk makes him resemble Owain/Odin even more, in terms of dramatic hand gestures.

And here's the other scan:

So Lillie will be meeting Gladion in that same episode. This should have some very interesting development.

it also looks like Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc will have some kind of rivalry/bond with Ash's Rockruff. Considering the Pokemon Gladion has, something tells me this might hint Ash's Rockruff will eventually evolve into Midday Lycanroc. It would make a great contrast to Gladion's Lycanroc.

For those that want to know when the episode will air, it will be on May 18, 2017. The title of the episode is "Get out! Red Eyed Lycanroc!" That title already reminds me of what Gladion says when you visit him in his motel room in Route 8: "Get out!" I bet he'll say that at same point in the episode as well.

Already looking forward to these next few weeks. Seems like it'll be a great episode, not to mention Gladion will most likely be Ash's first major rival in the Sun and Moon anime.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They took years just to get the movie adaption out and now they're working on Spiderman. With the way the workflow has slowed down, by the time any decent flow of Ratchet and Clank games comes out I'm expecting them to be on the PS5.

There's other games that could appeal to a Nintendo fan, but what's Sony making personally? You got Knack and Little Big Planet as far as marketed ones go? Neither of them attract me aesthetically the way Nintendo games/Sonic/R&C do, and what I saw initially of Knack's gameplay didn't make me interested either. That merely speaks for myself, but I can surely see other people not clicking as well for reasons other than "it doesn't have a Nintendo name tacked onto it." Most people that only buy for the name of a franchise only buy the Big 3 and maybe one or two others and are part of the crowd complaining about the number of Nintendo releases in the first place. Most of the "Nintendo appeal" games on HD consoles by other publishers I could just as easily get on my PC as people point out you can with most of the Switch's library.

Let's look at what Deluxe added (not going to include the slight graphics/framerate bump since that seems to just be flicking a switch essentially):

>Second Item Slot
>Smart Driving Assist, presumably with some programming to get that to work
>Battle Mode with five modes and several new Battle Mode exclusive stages
>Multiple new items
>5 new characters and a recolor
>A new Mii costume
>Patching out a common racing speed boosting cheat from the original called Fire Hopping

And it threw in the DLC for free, which was, what, $12 initially?

Looking at it I'd say it added about $20 worth of content over vanilla Mario Kart 8 overall, factoring in the price of DLC and what was added and changed. It's not like they hardly worked on the game, the Battle Mode stages and new characters are highly detailed even if the team did already have their ARMS full.

And people aren't just wanting it solely for the new battle mode, which is the general assumption I see on the internet. I've actually seen quite a bit of interest in Smart Driving Assist so that people can let their less skilled family members play.

Saying that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe "doesn't have much new stuff" is downplaying it as much as saying "Splatoon 2 is just a port that doesn't add anything meaningfully different" when even aside from engine tweaks and features not possible in the original Splatoon 2 already announced Salmon Run which, while maybe not different for shooters in general, is kind of moving the goalpost to say that since it is in fact meaningfully different gameplay wise for Splatoon.
And for all you know, Insomniac are also working on a Ratchet & Clank project in secret. Contrary to popular belief, some developers can work on more than one project. There's no reason to make this assumption.

Sony has other first party games besides platformers, though (pretty ironic in reagrds to a previous comment I made). An easy example that should appeal to Nintendo fans right off the bat is Horizon: Zero Dawn, which is a lot like Breath of the Wild. Not just in general gameplay, but they also have a similar themes in their story and lore (though Horizon handles the latter much more in depth). The point I'm making here is that Nintendo fans tend to be more narrow-minded than others in their gaming tastes, and will only go for games based on brand name. Which makes them a niche, so Nintendo can't get by on just them a lot of the time. Yet most of their line-up so far seems to be for them. These are the people who are going to buy MK8DX no matter what and will try to defend the game to make their purchase more justified than it actually is, because god forbid they admit they buy this out of overblown brand loyalty.

And you are very easy to please if you think that content is worth $20. Most of it is, by your own words, "flicking a switch". The rest of it is re-used assets or bug fixes that should have happened over the MULTIPLE patches the original game got. This port was a very low budget affair, and they absolutely could have sold the game cheaper to make it more enticing and made a bigger profit off of it.

Yeesh. That's worse than I thought.

I was at least hoping there'd been some kind of beta devkit released earlier in its development, but I guess it is what it is.

I keep hearing this argument.

If you want to buy the three-year-old Mario Kart 8 on Wii U right now on Amazon, it'll cost you $49.90. If you want to also buy both DLC packs at the discounted price, that'll cost you another 11.99, bringing the total to $61.89.

Or you could buy MK8D, getting all that with additional improvements for $59.99.

Is it enough of an argument to double dip, as I know you would have to? No. Will it sell Switches to anyone who owns a Wii U? Debatable. Is it reasonable for anyone who didn't pick it up on Wii U, or didn't get a Wii U and is considering a Switch? Absolutely. Will it sell Switches? Yes.

Setting MK8D aside a moment, I've been noticing that you have this odd tendency to write off their strategy as bad if it doesn't benefit you, i.e doesn't give you a reason to purchase a Switch over the PS4 and Wii U you currently own. I don't think that's going to change anytime in 2017, because even if they do announce something interesting at E3, odds aren't great that you'll get it before 2018.

But the strategy's working for Nintendo at least. Take a look at their stocks over the last 6 months; they're on a climb approaching their holiday numbers in a traditional game-release dead spot, and their stock price is just $2 a share under Sony's (Microsoft's is harder to compare due to the fact that Xbox as a whole doesn't contribute as much as Windows or Office 365 to their bottom line, while Sony's gaming division accounts for more than three quarters of its profits and over four-fifths of Nintendo's).

If they're not doing what you'd like, that's fine, stick around the PS4 market. But your arguments ain't exactly winning hearts and minds.

Oh no, let them *****.

I can get more hyperlinks.
>"You're only complaining about Nintendo because their decisions don't suit you!"
>Omits the part of the paragraph you quoted where I'm exclusively talking about the bigger picture
>Ignores the people defending Nintendo because they're Nintendo and Nintendo is a sensitive child with feelings that must be protected

Dude, MK8DX would "suit me" at €20, max, and that's without trading against it. I'm suggesting it be €40-€45, which is more reasonable than the price they are charging and would most likely make them a larger profit because this game was very low budget.

I'm not upset that I can't get MK8DX. I could get it if I really wanted and chances are I'll get it down the line, maybe when I have excess cash or it goes on sale somehow. Hell, if I wanted, I could sell my Wii U copy and pirate the Wii U game to still have access to it if I really wanted to. Much of the new content is of little significance for me too, so really it's impossible for them to sell this at a price that completely suits me in it's current state as a result, I'm acknowledging that. Going by what suits me - I main Rosalina and might play as Link every now and then (and I have the DLC on Wii U), so I don't care about the addition of Koopa Kid #8, "please buy Splatoon 2" the character (I mean I plan to already), and a fifth Mario. Don't play as Mii all that often and when I do, I already have plenty of Mii costumes and the new Splatoon one doesn't even look like something from Splatoon. Battle Mode is nice but it should have been this way in the initial release like every other Mario Kart. And I don't need the mode where the game plays itself. And there is no guarantee I will have people to play with regularly (I didn't on Wii U). So yeah, being transparent - even at the price I'm suggesting, I wouldn't pick it up so soon. But it would have been a better business move at that price.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We've got some major news related to the Sun and Moon anime!

The 27th episode title has been revealed, and a certain major SM character has also been revealed to be making the big anime debut in that episode!

Gladion is officially coming to the anime boys!

Yep, it's confirmed he has a Midnight Lycanroc and an Umbreon on his team. Very surprising that he isn't revealed to have Type: Null yet. Maybe that will be revealed later? He still has the scratch marks from the Pokemon, so I guess that's a sign he could be keeping Type: Null a secret.

Also, he still has the signature edge lord pose. That smirk makes him resemble Owain/Odin even more, in terms of dramatic hand gestures.

And here's the other scan:

So Lillie will be meeting Gladion in that same episode. This should have some very interesting development.

it also looks like Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc will have some kind of rivalry/bond with Ash's Rockruff. Considering the Pokemon Gladion has, something tells me this might hint Ash's Rockruff will eventually evolve into Midday Lycanroc. It would make a great contrast to Gladion's Lycanroc.

For those that want to know when the episode will air, it will be on May 18, 2017. The title of the episode is "Get out! Red Eyed Lycanroc!" That title already reminds me of what Gladion says when you visit him in his motel room in Route 8: "Get out!" I bet he'll say that at same point in the episode as well.

Already looking forward to these next few weeks. Seems like it'll be a great episode, not to mention Gladion will most likely be Ash's first major rival in the Sun and Moon anime.
Umbreon AND Midnight Lycanroc? Night person much?

But really, I'm really hoping they don't take the Lillie route and make him who he's not. I'm not exactly a fan of Gladion, but after seeing Lillie's change, I'm worried Gladion could be something that'd make him a second Silver or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom