• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
The change to the classic Shoryuken input is still rumored, it's got me think about accessibility in fighting games again. Simplification can be useful, but this seems a little condescending even (if it's true of course). Capcom would do better making proper tutorials and teaching modes to help players who do want to get go beyond basic play. Easier inputs are not going to help you much when you're still fundamentally outclassed. Guilty Gear has a particularly great teaching tool in it's mission mode, integrating real life scenarios plus some match-up specific things that should be more intimated by other companies.

Core A Gaming did a video on the subject that's worth a watch. He definitely presents it better than I can.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait.

Down down isn't confirmed?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Stolen from Fal's Twitter:
Chun-Li's legs look ****ed up.

Press F to pay respect to Thunder Thighs

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I liked her more anime-styled TvC and MvC3 models more. This looks like it's trying too hard to make her look realistic and failing miserably at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well now Blizzard has me playing heroes of the storm.

I need that police D.va Skin, the lootboxes and Oni Genjii would be neat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I couldn't help myself. Immediately what I thought of when I saw it.

chun-chicken.png

Also, she has a grandma face.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's premium costumes too. Warrior Thor, Evil Ryu, Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X are ones we know about.

Collector's edition looks alright considering you get 4 statues and the Infinity Stones.

WAIT WHAT!!! Command Mission X!! That is ****ing sick. Yeah! You guys can't do this to me. Now WHEN IS SPIDER-MAN AND VENOM!!!

I was late to this stuff since I was busy and tired. But damn, if I'm not a awake now. Though I was hoping Mega Man X would talk.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sonic Forces has a drop dash
Cool
Also music is a nice genesis soundfont

Damnit I can't find the comic that makes a joke about this

Don't worry, I have half-***ed photoshops instead.
Chiko did the fried, I did the roasted

lekrc.jpg

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In GameXplain's analysis, they slow down Sonic's suspected Drop Dash and yeah, you can clearly see he starts revving it in the air, so Drop Dash confirmed for Forces Classic Sonic.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really really really hope for some out of the box choices for MvC:I.

I really really really don't want it limited to ''Oh they're in a movie right now so this is who you get."

I want unexpected, like Rocket was last time. It's so funny and bizzare how much his role in the Marvel world as a whole has changed since MvC3.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really really really hope for some out of the box choices for MvC:I.

I really really really don't want it limited to ''Oh they're in a movie right now so this is who you get."

I want unexpected, like Rocket was last time. It's so funny and bizzare how much his role in the Marvel world as a whole has changed since MvC3.
Like the return of Norimaro? :upsidedown:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's kind of silly how many complaints about the Switch are "This system sucks because it has no games because I don't like any of them!"

Uh. . .a system not having any games and a system just not having games you personally want are two completely different things, LOL.

I don't think anyone can help if say, you only buy games that appear exclusively on the Switch and only like Mario/Zelda/Metroid, for example. I used my PS3 mostly for Sonic, R&C, and at the end Terraria, with the first and last being on the Switch (and PC if I want/need it, assuming my laptop wouldn't chug to death on Sonic since it already slows up a bit at times on Terraria) if I need them and the middle one only having a single movie adaption after I'd already been worn out by spinoffs, meaning I don't really see a need for a PS4. That doesn't mean I'm going to rip the PS4 to shreds because the library isn't for me and it definitely doesn't mean the PS4 literally has no games.

People blaming Nintendo for their own narrow tastes is kinda. . .weird.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's kind of silly how many complaints about the Switch are "This system sucks because it has no games because I don't like any of them!"

Uh. . .a system not having any games and a system just not having games you personally want are two completely different things, LOL.

I don't think anyone can help if say, you only buy games that appear exclusively on the Switch and only like Mario/Zelda/Metroid, for example. I used my PS3 mostly for Sonic, R&C, and at the end Terraria, with the first and last being on the Switch (and PC if I want/need it, assuming my laptop wouldn't chug to death on Sonic since it already slows up a bit at times on Terraria) if I need them and the middle one only having a single movie adaption after I'd already been worn out by spinoffs, meaning I don't really see a need for a PS4. That doesn't mean I'm going to rip the PS4 to shreds because the library isn't for me and it definitely doesn't mean the PS4 literally has no games.

Nah, they have a point. The system library is really small. Zelda is the only game truly worth playing. 12 Switch is horrible, Bomberman is just okay, most of the other is multiplatform. Hopefully there will be more games soon though

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Hey we got more info on Sonic Forces
The official Sonic YouTube channel uploaded the green hill zone gameplay with a interesting description
Classic Sonic discovers Green Hill Zone is looking more like Dust Hill Zone under Eggman's rule, from the heavy desertification caused by Eggman's industries. This is a first look at Classic Sonic in Sonic Forces, coming out Holiday 2017!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

It makes since to me. With only zelda out at the time of launch, there really wasnt much to the system. Disgaea, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssy and puyo pyuo should of really been launch titles. Disgaea alone has a lot to do that can hold people over

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It makes since to me. With only zelda out at the time of launch, there really wasnt much to the system. Disgaea, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssy and puyo pyuo should of really been launch titles. Disgaea alone has a lot to do that can hold people over
Having Odyssey and Breath of the Wild both be launch titles would have possibly caused more harm than good. That's their big holiday title.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Did you mean Ubisoft?
He probably did. The article notes Ubisoft and advertising group Havas as prime targets.

However it also notes Ubisoft's founders are likely to put up resistance to the deal, which "could potentially lead to a costly, unsolicited full takeover bid." That in turn could be opposed internally; Vivendi's chairman Vincent Bollore, who's been leading the acquisitions charge, doesn't want Ubisoft at all and may be looking at other candidates in China instead.

But Bollore's track record in Italy is leading to questions about his leadership of Vivendi. If he gets the boot, his replacement may be willing to go forward with the takeover of Ubisoft. Not qualified enough to gauge the potential fallout from an attempt at a hostile takeover of Ubisoft, successful or not, but with the information presented I have a bad gut feeling.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
By the way, did anyone see the Darkseid stuff for Injustice 2? I about to check it out now.

For Marvel, I'm a bit worried about the supposedly new SRK input. I would like to think it'll be toggled on or off. Or certain moves will have multiple inputs for whatever reason. I do play NRS and Tekken games, so down+down inputs aren't strange to me personally, but I know it'll be weird for a lot of others.

Though SRK was a very easy input in Street Fighter 4, compared to other Capcom fighters I played. Still hoping to see moves and maybe a voice for Mega Man X later down the line.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bunch of other Injustice 2 stuff's getting leaked out.
Darkseid's Super Move (Move aside Flash, this one is great), the Arcade mode ending and Dr Fate's ending are up on Youtube for now.

Zatanna and Constantine cameo in Fate's ending, goddamn Boon and his teasing

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

When I say "Switch has barely any games/no games", I mean it in the sense that it hasn't currently got a library of killer apps that appeals to a wider audience on the horizon, not what interests me (though for the record, the Switch really doesn't have a lot of exclusives that interest me right now, hopefully more come at E3).

The indie selection is pretty nice to be fair, but you don't sell a system on indies, especially when most of them are on PC and regularly are sold for dirt cheap on Steam and can run even on old office laptops that people could have lying around. Bomberman is cool but it's not a huge killer app either and Bomberman has been gone for so long that he may as well be a new IP to much of the world and it hasn't seen heavy promotion (I literally only know anything about it due to Nintendo websites and even then I still don't have an idea of the scope of the game).

There's also the fact that the only major exclusives they've had so far are ports of Wii U games, one of which is 3 years old and Nintendo thinks it's OK to charge full price for it. I don't care if there may potentially be a large consumer base who may not have played it - Sony didn't care when they released The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 and made it cheaper than a full price PS4 game (and that game is a way bigger deal than Mario Kart 8). The remaster even saw continued support, something we've heard no sign of for MK8 Deluxe (granted, E3, will hopefully give us something there). And many future games are just ports too.

There may not be games for Nintendo faithful on PS4, but that's because they're a very, very specific niche that play games more for the brand than the actual quality or innovation of the games. In reality, there are a number of games Nintendo faithful would really enjoy on PS4 if they gave them a chance, I'd say. Main thing is though that PS4 doesn't cater to a niche, it's really a system for everyone.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I just realized: between Morrigan and the rumored Jedah, there's a strong possibility that Lilith could be referenced in mvci (That all depends on how true the Jedah rumor is, though. I mostly hope it's true because Lilith's been absent for a while and it'd be neat to see a cameo)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My night was awful, so I'll just make this quick and get some rest for the night.

Codename S.T.E.A.M. Henry won, so congrats to you ( Opossum Opossum ). Qbby did decently while You only gotten one vote (@smashkirby).

The next poll is mostly eShop stuff with the exception of Culdcept Revolt's protagonist. In addition to him, Dillon, Mallo from Pushmo (@Arcadenik), and Sakura Samurai are your choices.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just do whatever you want while I let the pain go away.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nah, they have a point. The system library is really small. Zelda is the only game truly worth playing. 12 Switch is horrible, Bomberman is just okay, most of the other is multiplatform. Hopefully there will be more games soon though
The platform right now is a little small, although surely there's at least a couple of other games that they haven't already bought elsewhere that might be worth a shot.

What gets me is when they extend it to the whole year, though. Apparently Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors (technically multiplat but I find criticizing simultaneous releases when you either already own a Switch or don't own the other platform nitpicky) don't exist because they aren't Metroid.

There's a library set up for this year, folks. It's just not entirely consisting of the Big 3 like some people seem to think it should.

Nintendo needed to stop the drought issues of past systems and they can't control how fast their third parties send a game across the ocean since Disgaea actually WAS a launch title in Japan IIRC.

If Mario Odyssey was right off the bat then people would be whining that there's nothing good for Christmas. If Mario Kart was off the bat people would be complaining about a spring drought even harder than they already are. Their spacing strategy is kind of deliberate, it's just that they're darned if they do and darned if they don't. And either way it's never enough emphasis on Mario for people.

When I say "Switch has barely any games/no games", I mean it in the sense that it hasn't currently got a library of killer apps that appeals to a wider audience on the horizon, not what interests me (though for the record, the Switch really doesn't have a lot of exclusives that interest me right now, hopefully more come at E3).

The indie selection is pretty nice to be fair, but you don't sell a system on indies, especially when most of them are on PC and regularly are sold for dirt cheap on Steam and can run even on old office laptops that people could have lying around. Bomberman is cool but it's not a huge killer app either and Bomberman has been gone for so long that he may as well be a new IP to much of the world and it hasn't seen heavy promotion (I literally only know anything about it due to Nintendo websites and even then I still don't have an idea of the scope of the game).

There's also the fact that the only major exclusives they've had so far are ports of Wii U games, one of which is 3 years old and Nintendo thinks it's OK to charge full price for it. I don't care if there may potentially be a large consumer base who may not have played it - Sony didn't care when they released The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 and made it cheaper than a full price PS4 game (and that game is a way bigger deal than Mario Kart 8). The remaster even saw continued support, something we've heard no sign of for MK8 Deluxe (granted, E3, will hopefully give us something there). And many future games are just ports too.

There may not be games for Nintendo faithful on PS4, but that's because they're a very, very specific niche that play games more for the brand than the actual quality or innovation of the games. In reality, there are a number of games Nintendo faithful would really enjoy on PS4 if they gave them a chance, I'd say. Main thing is though that PS4 doesn't cater to a niche, it's really a system for everyone.
Yeah, like Ratchet and Cla-ooooh you're just going to do one movie adaption and you're done? OK. . .

What system has an entire library of non-ported killer apps on the first year? It takes half a lifespan to build that kind of thing up, what are people expecting? It's not the system's fault for "having no games" in that case if you need full on killer apps, that kind of darn thing takes time no matter what system you're on unless it's a fluid ecosystem like PC or mobile.

I never got the logic that Nintendo "owes" people because some people that "supported" Nintendo bought a game three years ago. Like some general betrayed an army in a war. No one is forcing anyone to go out and buy a port, if you don't want it you're perfectly free to not buy it. If you do want it, you're free to sell your Wii U copy if you went physical for some money towards it, and if you went digital you probably already got an extra free game in a promotion to make up the extra money spent. If it's really not OK, then just send the message by not buying it. Sticker Star proved that no amount of complaining does anything if it actually sells. Never buying it the first time around and feeling like I'm somehow a traitor because I'm buying it for the first time on the Switch is darn awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom