• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The hype for MvC:I went from 0 to 10 and then from 10 to 0 really fast.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Apparently, the scene from the last Attack on Titan episode when Reiner opens the door in Castle Utgard and finds a Titan inside has now become a meme. I didn't expect we'd have an AoT meme this soon, but I gotta say, some are pretty funny.

This one is my favorite so far:

I'm curious to see how long this meme will last. I'm guessing it'll be a week, but I could be wrong.

For those that want to know what the meme is called, it's "humanity's worst fear." Here's the green screen version if you want to make one of your own.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait 5 month for news and everyone is fine.
Someone say that input will be made more easier and everyone lose their mind.

Eh, Guilty Gear is better anyway. :p

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
We have gameplay of Classic Sonic in Sonic Forces.
Have a feeling this was shown earlier than intended due to the somewhat negative reception the footage that the Nintendo Direct.

It looks better than what was shown at the Direct, but I'm not digging how flat the level design is at times.
SO MUCH GOOD **** IS COMING OUT TODAY! :bluejump:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
puyopuyo tetris lets you unlock morolians from space channel 5 as a skin for the puyos

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I don't mind the change. Down Down is a far easier input to do consistently IMO.

D

Deleted member

Someone else had this to say about the new controls
"DP is only easier to do than double tap if you are playing on stick.

Playing on pad (or keyboard or hitbox) down, down is far easier. This isn't a foreign concept, people play NRS games and Tekken you know.

Capcom is designing the game around the default peripheral of a console, not on arcade which this game isn't even on."
tbh that sounds like a step up, though having it toggleable would be nice
Keyboard is understandable. I find it easier to do on a pad than a stick though.

Down, down is still feels awkward though.(And I know this due to M.U.G.E.N.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ya gotta wonder if they did that intentionally or not.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People on SRK are pissed tf off. I sincerely hope that these are Easy Operation style of inputs.
I'm hoping that's the case.

At least the video that covers him still has him in the thumbnail.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
MvC:I Leak from reddit two months ago:

Hey guys. I'm on a throwaway for obvious reasons, and I'll tell you that I'm on advertising. I'm tasked with a segment of what will be a commercial aired on TV and online. Here's what I can tell you from the clips given to me:

Justice and Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney are in the game. (The commercial is targeted to Ace Attorney fans and will likely play during runs of the series' tie in anime as well as on sites relating to the franchise)

is base roster and Edgeworth will be paid later.

has Athena from Dual Destinies as a helper in a similar way Maya was Phoenix Wright's helper in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Franziska Von Karma is a part of Edgeworth's base moveset in some way.

Wolverine and Cyclops are in the game (likely downloadable because they appear in the same clips as Edgeworth)

Instead of evidence has some new mechanic. It involves "finding your opponents patterns and revealing their mistakes" which I think means hitting your opponent during their end frames. When it fills up he gets stronger. No idea what that means specifically. Might be turnabout.

Edgeworth has a cinematic hyper that involves all the series' prosecutors. Godot throws coffee, Blackquill takes his sword out, etc. ending with a 6 man "TAKE THAT"

Cyclops has the blue jump suit but has a seemingly new moveset.

Godot is a paid skin for Cyclops and the Winter Soldier is a skin for somebody who uses guns.

One clip showed early HUD. The hyper meter now says "Max!" at 4 meters.

Daredevil is in the game and teams up with in the story mode.

Weirdly no mention of Phoenix Wright

I'll end with what I think is the coolest: the Mind Stone. When activated it gives some sort of projectile immunity, like it shows Edgeworth walking through a Uni-Beam. You might still take damage though. Similar to the power stone's explosion and the time stone's teleport it also has an active effect. It shoots out a blue beam that has enough projectile stamina to keep Ryu's hyper beam at bay (and effectively cancel the super) with 2 uses.

EDIT: There's been some doubt so let me say this: I was equally surprised with the 2 lawyers. To clarify what I said above about the ad being targeted to Ace Attorney fans: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice (and that Japanese exclusive game) sold well and the higher ups want to make sure that this time Ace Attorney players pick up this game after the mediocre response from people after Phoenix Wright was added, so they added the fan favorites. That's all I was told in my assignment.
Specifically, this part of the leak:

One clip showed early HUD. The hyper meter now says "Max!" at 4 meters.
This is actually in the pics we got today. Apollo being on the base roster w/ Edgeworth being DLC would be a plus in my book.

Last edited:
Well hey I managaed to get into homebrew for my 3DS. So at least I know I can still do that. . . Take it one step at a time I guess. glad I ruined everything before I started Echoes and after I gave up on Fates. Yikes

X: "Oh my god. . . I'M IN A FIGHTING GAME"

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Beat Path of Radiance for the second time today.

Resolve is a silly skill. Wrath + Resolve = maximum silliness. :rotfl:

D

Deleted member

Same could be said for me, but you don't keep me on a leash.
Difference being is that you won't kill someone for a Downer Ending
Shisho? More like Noobho.
Sorry if I prefer simple inputs that are easier to memorize and don't require interrupting my entire gameplay flow to perform them
Apparently, the scene from the last Attack on Titan episode when Reiner opens the door in Castle Utgard and finds a Titan inside has now become a meme. I didn't expect we'd have an AoT meme this soon, but I gotta say, some are pretty funny.

This one is my favorite so far:

I'm curious to see how long this meme will last. I'm guessing it'll be a week, but I could be wrong.

For those that want to know what the meme is called, it's "humanity's worst fear." Here's the green screen version if you want to make one of your own.
I don't even watch AoT but I like this already, it has some great potential :p

Chrono.

I started Persona 4.

It's so... So much slower than 5, but I like the setting and it's kinda nice talking to NPCs who don't hate your guts outside of the main party.

Also yes I'm basically juggling two Persona games now. #absolutemadman

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Shishœ Yes, but here's the thing, since I've played fighting games for so long doing inputs like that are quicker than pushing down, down, believe it or not. It just feels natural, down, down id bizzare.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

This is actually in the pics we got today. Apollo being on the base roster w/ Edgeworth being DLC would be a plus in my book.
Phoenix Wright saw a mediocre response so they're adding fan favorites like Apollo?

****ing what?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I can't wait to play as Edgeworth and beat people up using BASIC LOGIC.

Phoenix Wright saw a mediocre response so they're adding fan favorites like Apollo?

****ing what?
Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice did wonders for Apollo's character. He's arguably one of the best written characters in the series and arguably the best at actual lawyer skills after Edgeworth. He's a huge fan favourite now. Most of the people I see on r/AceAttorney have Apollo flairs (me being one of them).

And I don't think I need to explain Edgeworth. He got two games in Japan to himself.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Daredevil and Apollo/Edgeworth teaming up in story mode would be fantastic.

Justice and Murdock, Avocados at Law.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The real problem regarding Down Down DP inputs:

Can anyone link me to where this whole "Ryu's inputs are now Down, Down" that people are crying about?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Sonic Forces has a few simple aids in first level (hidden springs besides some ledges that are faster to just jump up) to aid first-time players in getting the hang of the game while still giving them a sense of speed and flow to make the game still feel fun for them

"This is ****ing terrible level design"

>Since Galaxy, 3D Mario games do the exact same thing (they were all considered "linear course clear" games after Galaxy, so yes it's a fair comparison) not just in the first level, but in subsequent levels too.

"TAKE A LOOK AT MY 20 MINUTE VIDEO ON NINTENDO'S EXTREMELY INNOVATIVE 4-STEP LEVEL DESIGN"

Also just the general "there are springs everywhere" complaint

Because Classic Sonic has never done that. Nope, not at all.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The real problem regarding Down Down DP inputs:

Was hoping for something more substantial. Considering all the leaks for Smash 4, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I get they were apparently right about one thing, but if you dump a list of 'leaks' one of them will probably end up being true.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Cyclops? Over Deadpool? Booooooo
Well hey I managaed to get into homebrew for my 3DS. So at least I know I can still do that. . . Take it one step at a time I guess. glad I ruined everything before I started Echoes and after I gave up on Fates. Yikes

X: "Oh my god. . . I'M IN A FIGHTING GAME"
I know how to fix your DS. Want my help?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>Sonic Forces has a few simple aids in first level (hidden springs besides some ledges that are faster to just jump up) to aid first-time players in getting the hang of the game while still giving them a sense of speed and flow to make the game still feel fun for them

"This is ****ing terrible level design"

>Since Galaxy, 3D Mario games do the exact same thing (they were all considered "linear course clear" games after Galaxy, so yes it's a fair comparison) not just in the first level, but in subsequent levels too.

"TAKE A LOOK AT MY 20 MINUTE VIDEO ON NINTENDO'S EXTREMELY INNOVATIVE 4-STEP LEVEL DESIGN"

Also just the general "there are springs everywhere" complaint

Because Classic Sonic has never done that. Nope, not at all.

Let's put these grasshoppers in one of those holes with the two springs facing each other. I wanna see 'em squirm.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I know how to fix your DS. Want my help?
If you can get the data back on my 3DS I will 100% take it.

Also, if Edgeworth and Apollo are playable in MvCI I would be happy forever. Although the evidence is lacking. And we should all know how those 2 feel about evidence.

(I miss using these)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If you can get the data back on my 3DS I will 100% take it.

Also, if Edgeworth and Apollo are playable in MvCI I would be happy forever. Although the evidence is lacking. And we should all know how those 2 feel about evidence.

(I miss using these)
Sweet. Mind sending me pictures of your SD card files via PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom