• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
YAS! ULTRON AND SIGMA! THIS TRAILER WAS SO COO--...
Sigma's DLC?

...Called it. Something stupid was gonna happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh man.

So much MvCI info.

And Sonic Generations gameplay that put my worries to rest?

Ike in Fire Emblem Heroes.

What did I do to deserve all this?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ike is finally coming to Heroes! Thank god.

I also played it for the first time in forever. First summon ai do. The blonde chick from Echoes as a 5 star.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
YAS! ULTRON AND SIGMA! THIS TRAILER WAS SO COO--...
Sigma's DLC?

...Called it. Something stupid was gonna happen.
I agree it is kinda stupid but as long as the base game has a lot of characters, and if this is what's getting shown off 5 Months in advance it must have a pretty big roster; probably bigger than UMvC3 if I were to guess. This is far from a significant let down as the character is still going to be available, just later in time. I mean Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2 did/are doing similar things with Goro and Darkseid so.

All in all it's weird but if the base game has enough to warrant me buying the package then I'll almost definitely buy the *ahem* '2017 character pass'. That name has me worried. I don't want multiple season passes.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And I wake up and find one class has been cancelled?

AND I get extra credit points because I did one assignment so well?

Will the good times ever cease?!?!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2 did/are doing similar things with Goro and Darkseid so.
To be fair Goro had nothing to do with MK X's story and I doubt Darkseid will have a role in Injustice 2's story outside of a sequel bait.

Here Sigma is one of the main villains so he should be on the base roster.

I may have just lost the entirety of the data I have on my SD card trying to hax he thing.

Welp. At least I finished plague knight before that I guess. . . . RIP all of my save data and a few games though. :/

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I may have just lost the entirety of the data I have on my SD card trying to hax he thing.

Welp. At least I finished plague knight before that I guess. . . . RIP all of my save data and a few games though. :/
My sympathies, Brother.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We got release dates for Episode 9 and Indiana Jones 5.

May 24th 2019 for Episode 9 (inb4 delayed to December of that year)
July 10th 2020 for Indy.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looking at the roster for MvCI...

Marvel:
Iron Man
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Rocket Raccoon

Capcom:

Ryu
X
Morrigan
Chris Redfield
Strider Hiryu
Chun-Li
Sigma

7 characters confirmed from both sides. I didn't include Ultron or Ultron Sigma yet because they aren't technically confirmed.

Going by series, for Capcom, we have...

Street Fighter x 2
Mega Man x 2
Resident Evil x 1
Darkstalkers x 1
Strider x 1

I... don't want to do that for Marvel because that's more complicated.... But we got characters who have all appeared in the MCU and aside from Rocket I think, they've all been Avengers.

Hopefully we get more info soon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Wow, sorry to hear.

Yeah, that's the thing about hacking. One wrong step can lead to serious problems.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the Smash 3DS/Wii U announcer Xander Mobus is the English voice actor of Dark Prince (AKA Satan depending on who you ask) in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Neat!

yup

File for file everything is on my SD card, but my 3DS home menu is still empty.
Smash 3ds
Etrian Odyssey
Shovel Knight
KI oMaM
Phonix Wright 5
all sorts of save data
and more. . .all gone.

At this point, I think my only option is to, ironically, hack more in order to try and get back to what I had by screwing with data. Deeper into the abyss I go.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm... Not as enthusiastic on MvCI so far.

Not a fan of the new visual style, the super early release date really worries me as the game was (and still is judging from the screenshots) looking in pretty rough shape and I'm not sure if I want another SFV in my hands, they got time to turn this around though. The characters shown today were nothing to me other than Sigma, but that's fine, I'm sure E3 will have the newcomers and will be more front loaded. As for the DLC, I know it's a given anyway but saying we're getting 6 DLC characters (one of which is one of the main villains) left a bad taste in my mouth, but whatever it's Capcom.

As for the story, alright? I don't care too much about it, as long we get an arcade mode I don't give a crap what they do on that front.

Right now I doubt I'll get it on release date.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'm... Not as enthusiastic on MvCI so far.

Not a fan of the new visual style, the super early release date really worries me as the game was (and still is judging from the screenshots) looking in pretty rough shape and I'm not sure if I want another SFV in my hands, they got time to turn this around though. The characters shown today were nothing to me other than Sigma, but that's fine, I'm sure E3 will have the newcomers and will be more front loaded. As for the DLC, I know it's a given anyway but saying we're getting 6 DLC characters (one of which is one of the main villains) left a bad taste in my mouth, but whatever it's Capcom.

As for the story, alright? I don't care too much about it, as long we get an arcade mode I don't give a crap what they do on that front.

Right now I doubt I'll get it on release date.
I share a lot of the same sentiments actually. There's something off about the art style of MvCI so far. MvC 3 actually did a pretty good job with recreating a comic book with it's visuals. The new looks feels kinda lifeless in comparison. I'm still not exactly sold on the system of fighting, but we have not seen much of anything. Hopefully more comes out of E3. I really want to hear impression from players I follow. Even if the game does not turn out super great, I got plenty of fall backs in terms of fighting games and non fighting games to play. Still, here's to the best for MvCI.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now I know everyone here is all about your Marvels and your Sonics, but I think those need to fall back a little for the real news today.

Time to begin Switch portbegging. :V

I've read a strategy guide that detailed Night Trap. There's some stuff that makes it not completely for kids, but it sure as heck is more innocent than the government thought it was. At least Mortal Kombat and GTA actually have obvious reasons why people would be concerned, Night Trap is just yet another indication that the United States government has never actually had any idea what it was doing.

Also some of that stuff that wasn't completely for kids was kinda silly anyway. I mean. . .blood popsicles.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find the complaints about MvCI's look interesting.

Back when MvC3 was new, a lot of people complained about that style.

Curious.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm not digging the visual style and the in game pics don't look amazing either, but either way I'm a huge sucker for the MVC series and will still probably end up pre-ordering the deluxe edition.

6 DLC characters probably means both sides will get 3 characters each, and since Ryce said X-Men and Fantastic 4 characters will be DLC I think Wolverine, Dr. Doom and Deadpool are the safest bets for who those 3 characters could be. Hopefully they add more DLC after the initial 6 so we can get more X-Men characters like Magneto.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really do think the base roster is going to be small compared to UMvC3. Like, around thirty characters total instead of fifty. I'm just going by what's been shown between now and the release date.

Capcom is a lot harder since there's a lot of series to pull from, but the Marvel side has a clear MCU focus that's hard to ignore. From that, I think Spider-Man and Doctor Strange are basically guaranteed to return. For newcomers, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Star-Lord seem very likely. Ghost Rider and Iron Fist could also come back due to their MCU ties. I could see Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Vision, and Winter Soldier having outside shots depending on the roster size.

I think any non-MCU Marvel characters will be at a minimum, and none of them will be Fox-owned. At least not in the base game. Ms. Marvel and Doc Ock seem likely for this type of character, in my opinion. Special mention goes to Songbird for being on that leak, but saiid leak still isn't proven so...grain of salt.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So while watching some Japanese gameplay for Fire Emblem Echoes, I've just realized something very interesting about this guy:

I remember hearing Clive after a while, and one thought that immediately came to my mind is, "He sounds just like Levi from Attack on Titan, but happier."

I looked up Clive's Japanese voice actor, and lo and behold: Hiroshi Kamiya is Clive's Japanese VA!

Which means that Clive is voiced by the same person that voices these two prominent individuals:

Levi from Attack on Titan (left) and Shinji Matou from Fate/Stay Night (right)

Well, isn't that interesting. Clive shares a VA with another awesome character (Levi)... but also with a highly despicable figure (Shinji).

Funny, Clive is a pretty cool guy like Levi, but from what I've been hearing, Clive is a terrible unit, just like how Shinji is a terrible mage.

Just wanted to share an interesting fact of the day. I'm sure anyone who knows Hiroshi Kamiya might know a few more characters that Clive shares a VA with.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I find the complaints about MvCI's look interesting.

Back when MvC3 was new, a lot of people complained about that style.

Curious.
It's hard to put into really precise words, but the lighting and shading (whatever it is) in MvC3 just looks livelier in comparison.

It's hard to super optimistic considering Capcom's recent efforts. But I kinda have to give them the benefit of the doubt...for now at least.

That being said, if the Capcops could recreate the looks Guilty Gear has nowadays, I'd commit some illegal activities for some Marvel.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And the winner of the last poll was Hero. I wonder how different this would have been if it were Heracles instead since he's a reoccurring character in the Glory of Heracles. Not like it would matter since most of his competition was relatively unknown or Japan-only.

Now as promised, we've finally reached the Nintendo 3DS stage of IP's. One character is from a smaller series the been around longer, but she's a fan favorite in Japan that resulted in her Super Mario Maker inclusion. The others are from smaller series and one game from Intelligent Systems that sadly flopped. You choices are Qbby from BoxBoy!, Codename S.T.E.A.M.'s Henry Flemming ( ChikoLad ChikoLad and Opossum Opossum ), Freakyforms from... well Freakyforms, and Yuu Ayasaki from Diagasso Band Bros P.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And here comes the inappropriate jokes about Yuu's unfortunate name she shares with another "unspeakable" character.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know I'm not a follower of the franchise but I did play a decent bit of UMvC3 (enough to have actual mains). And I do concur that it had a much better artstyle. Marvel has comic-book origins, and Capcom characters are often designed with an anime artstyle in mind, so having that cel-shaded and sketchy flat colour look really worked well and helped the characters blend together.

The Marvel characters in this game just look like clay to me. They were going for realistic but it doesn't look quite right, except for Iron Man who looks fine (and Ultron - assuming that's the guy talking through most of it, but yeah I don't follow modern Marvel/MCU). They could improve it though. It's clear the artstyle is like this because they want to attract non-gamers who love the MCU, so they're making the characters look closer to how they look there. It hurts the more stylised Capcom characters though. X in particular just looks out of place and his animation feels a bit too "marionette"-like, and Sigma looks a bit too dopey IMO. I also think the UI is a huge downgrade from UMvC3, it's so lifeless and boring.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's like this is the Brawl of MvC in terms of artstyle. Overall it's very washed out.

D

Deleted member

We got release dates for Episode 9 and Indiana Jones 5.

May 24th 2019 for Episode 9 (inb4 delayed to December of that year)
July 10th 2020 for Indy.

2019 is to far away damnit
I need it NOW
Shovel Knight
Nooooooo!
Etrian Odyssey
NoooOOOoOOOOOOOO!1!!!!1
At this point, I think my only option is to, ironically, hack more in order to try and get back to what I had by screwing with data. Deeper into the abyss I go
Couldn't you just download it back from the EShop? If you can still access it, that is

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All I know about Marvel Properties these days is...

I'm so tired of the pissing contest between Marvel and Fox.

I'm tired of them trying to make each other look stupid.

I'm tired of the X-Men and Fantastic Four being left out of things because Fox is stingy and Marvel refuses to gow up.

I'm tired because characters that they do share get peed on because of it (looking at MCU Quicksillver).

I'm tired of the comics doing everything in their power to dumb down the properties Fox owns.

I'm tired of Marvel pretending the Inhumans can subsitute for the X-Men and they are iconic (I love the main Royal Family but lol).

I'm just....tired. Behave like adults and work something already. Jesus.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And the winner of the las poll was Hero. I wonder how different this would have bene if it were Heracles instead since he's a reoccurring character in the Glory of Heracles. Not like it would matter since most of his competition was relatively unknown or Japan-only.

Now as promised, we've finally reached the Nintendo 3DS stage of IP's. One character is from a smaller series the been around longer, but she's a fan favorite in Japan that resulted in her Super Mario Maker inclusion. The others are from smaller series and one game from Intelligent Systems that sadly flopped. You choices are Qbby from BoxBoy!, Codename S.T.E.A.M.'s Henry Flemming ( ChikoLad ChikoLad and Opossum Opossum ), Freakyforms from... well Freakyforms, and Yuu Ayasaki from Diagasso Band Bros P.

And here comes the inappropriate jokes about Yuu's unfortunate name she shares with another "unspeakable" character.
You've messed up Henry's surname. That's a major disrespect to Abraham Lincoln and our country.

That being said. I went for Qbby since HAL makes good games and I can see some things done with his box mechanic.

And yeah, the inevitable "You want a blue haired Visual Novel waifu in Smash?" jokes will be pretty unfortunate.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think this is the most savage thing anyone will ever say about MvCI's artstyle, lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't really mind the art style...

Then I look at Chun Li, Chris, and Morrigan in the face and just...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't have too much problem with Infinite's visuals. Not perfect, but they can still buff some rough spots as time passes.

Redfield looks the most unfinished, IMO.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And the winner of the last poll was Hero. I wonder how different this would have been if it were Heracles instead since he's a reoccurring character in the Glory of Heracles. Not like it would matter since most of his competition was relatively unknown or Japan-only.

Throw a vote on for Henry for me please. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Looking at the roster for MvCI...

Marvel:
Iron Man
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Rocket Raccoon

Capcom:

Ryu
X
Morrigan
Chris Redfield
Strider Hiryu
Chun-Li
Sigma

7 characters confirmed from both sides. I didn't include Ultron or Ultron Sigma yet because they aren't technically confirmed.

Going by series, for Capcom, we have...

Street Fighter x 2
Mega Man x 2
Resident Evil x 1
Darkstalkers x 1
Strider x 1

I... don't want to do that for Marvel because that's more complicated.... But we got characters who have all appeared in the MCU and aside from Rocket I think, they've all been Avengers.

Hopefully we get more info soon.
Rocket Racoon, but not Star Lord? Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom