• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ultron is on the main roster, but sigma is dlc...okay i guess

ALSO 2017 season pass, you can tell this is going to get a lot of support

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's premium costumes too. Warrior Thor, Evil Ryu, Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X are ones we know about.

Collector's edition looks alright considering you get 4 statues and the Infinity Stones.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
We have gameplay of Classic Sonic in Sonic Forces.
Have a feeling this was shown earlier than intended due to the somewhat negative reception the footage that the Nintendo Direct.

It looks better than what was shown at the Direct, but I'm not digging how flat the level design is at times.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Fossil Fighter wins. Not that it's surprising since everyone loves dinosaurs and it's a notable series of the three except Style Savvy. Nicky didn't do too bad (in fact, she was close at times), but the Welt support was surprising for a character who's game was never localized at all. Then again, I heard Soma Bringer was a popular DS import at the time.

Forgive me for these next one being super obscure, we are still doing the DS era. Most of these are from Japan only games (one being a sequel to a card playing Game Boy Color title) with one being a third party series that was acquired by Nintendo recently due to the original company's bankruptcy (Data East). You choices are the Hero (Glory of Heracles), MagKid, Aisya (Archaic: Sealed Heat), and Satoru (Card Hero). Bepfre anyone asks why I chose the Hero than Heracles, well, he would be too overpowered and better off as a supporting role. :troll:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And hooray for Marvel hype!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's premium costumes too. Warrior Thor, Evil Ryu, Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X are ones we know about.

Collector's edition looks alright considering you get 4 statues and the Infinity Stones.

I probably would have gotten this thing if it wasn't for the Chun-li statue. I would much rather have Hiryu, Chris, Ryu, pretty much anyone else...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sigma as DLC? That's kind of weird considering his role in the story and Ultron being a starting character. Still he was my most wanted Capcom Villain/MM character during MvC3 hype so I'm content.

Looks like no Switch version just yet...definitely going to have to hold back on Collectors Edition if I plan to buy a PS4 to play it. lol

Now we just have to wait for the enviable reaction video from Maximilian Dood and all will be right in the world until E3.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I meant the point got across because he is a sexually Harassin d-bag pff

and everyone knows what a d-bag is so it works
Oh of course. I just didn't think it was necessary to shorten it's all. Just a small nitpick, since the dialouged isn't censored from what I've heard.

Anyways I won't talk about it any further since I'm going to purchase it soon. Time to experience what I've been missing on!

All I really have to say about MvCI is that Rocket getting his new design is cool. Hawkeye not using his old one is sad. X getting a costume on one of the only 2 mega man games i've played (and a good design at that) is pretty cool

lol at 6 DLC already.

I dont know why I care for the roster of a game I have 0 business in. Even if it did release on switch it wouldnt matter since im so garbage at fighting games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh of course. I just didn't think it was necessary to shorten it's all. Just a small nitpick, since the dialouged isn't censored from what I've heard.

Anyways I won't talk about it any further since I'm going to purchase it soon. Time to experience what I've been missing on!
oh you are gonna love it, I guarantee that

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just saw some of Schezo's lines in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

That E+10 rating is certainly justified and I'm damn glad that he's still going to be that accidental pervert we all know and love.

But Satan being called "Dark Prince" is still mediocre. Kids would care less about the word "Satan" anyways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I never got big into MvC in the past (I've played and liked them but had other priorities), but I'm tempted to pre-order this solely for that X statue, hot damn. Probably way too expensive though.

We have gameplay of Classic Sonic in Sonic Forces.
Have a feeling this was shown earlier than intended due to the somewhat negative reception the footage that the Nintendo Direct.

It looks better than what was shown at the Direct, but I'm not digging how flat the level design is at times.
Well, it's definitely a later build than what was shown before in the Nintendo Direct (either that or it's a different version of the game and the Direct showed a graphically nerfed Switch version). The lighting is much better and it does seem like the textures have detail too, like in Generations. The level does have a few aesthetics here and there that seem to make it visually distinct from the Generations incarnation (beyond the sand), so that's good, it's overall a very beautiful version of Green Hill Zone. Having unique music is also an unexpected occurrence. People don't seem to like it but I think it's catchy enough. Classic Sonic's model seems pretty much unchanged from Generations but that's fine, it's already a really good looking and smooth model so there's no reason to tamper with it (same with Unleashed Sonic honestly, though Modern Sonic does seem to have a new model in Forces). I agree the level design looks a bit too flat, it's giving me some heavy Sonic Colours/Sonic Lost World Wii U vibes. It still looks good as a 2D platformer though, and it doesn't seem like the level design is that linear either, as it looks like there were a bunch of alternate routes the player could have taken.

The most interesting thing though - is that the Drop Dash?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
HOLY CRAP I DID IT!!

My first completed Eventide Island Speedrun....
12m 13s 65

I learned that you can just land on the Hinox's belly to grab the orb while he's sleeping and then just book it, so that makes things a heck of a lot faster...I feel like I can easily get under 10 minutes though...

There's several weapons and such that I obtained that I didn't need either...and if I can learn how to do stasis launches properly that shave off a lot of time as well, plus in this run I needed to improvise since one of the bokoblins didn't drop any arrows like he's suppose to...

Edit: Now I'm at
10m 54s 32

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Surprised to see Ike make it into Heroes before Celica, I thought they'd use her to lead into Echoes' release, but it seems like they'll use her to promote the international release instead. As for Ike himself, looks neat, it's nice to finally get him.

Finally!

Not too much to say since a lot of what we got was expected and/or leaked, though I'm happy to see the Sigma/Ultron fusion, Rocket Raccoon, and Thor. I'm a bit surprised that only Ultron is making the base game though, as while I'm more attached to him then Sigma, it seems off to me to split them like that. With that said, Ultron looks fun and I'll probably take a crack at him since none of my other mains are looking good so far.

As for the release date, I am surprised they're getting it out then as early fall was not what I was expecting for it. Hopefully the game isn't rushed as a result, but we'll have to wait and see.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He's one of the best drawn characters in the game. I wonder who the artist is.

-----------

Here's some high quality screenshots of Sonic Forces that were also released.

Yeah, the game is looking REALLY pretty. Kinda reminds me of Yooka-Laylee with the lush colour-palette, but it's obviously got more of budget to work with.

One distinct detail I can see now is that the classic checkerboard texture on the rocks doesn't look like just a texture (like in Generations). It looks like it's either heavily bump mapped to give it depth, or each square is actually really 3D. Also in general, the checkerboard pattern is much more dense than in Generations, making it look more like the original version really brought to HD.

The textures in general also look pretty high quality. At the very least, the PC version of the game is gonna look phenomenal.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Capcom waits 5 months to release new info. All the characters save Sigma are people I'd expect anyways, and for some reason Sigma despite being the other big bad is DLC.

On the plus side is the Story Mode is anything like that bit with X and Rocket at the end there, at least that'll be fun. Reminds me of Subspace only with voice acting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All the MvCI stuff looks great! I'm definitely banking on the base roster being smaller a la SFV considering the release date. Wish we'd have seen Rocket's moves though, to see if the Groot leak was true.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Mahvel vs Copcom news is really good. But I'm keeping my promise of not buying at launch as see how things turn out (wasn't pleased how MvC3 was handled back in the day).

Anywho, I'm enjoying Puyo Puyo Tetris. I WAS going to download it before I went to work this morning (I tried midnight, 5 am, then 5:55 pm) but the darn eShop kept saying the game's not out yet. Regardless, eager to play more.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ike in heroes and the Marvel Stuff looks great!

Looking forward to both of them. Hoping I can get Ike when he's released. I might actually skip the next summoning focus which is likely for cecelia and the other echos characters. Its odd Ike's was announced first though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ike in heroes and the Marvel Stuff looks great!

Looking forward to both of them. Hoping I can get Ike when he's released. I might actually skip the next summoning focus which is likely for cecelia and the other echos characters. Its odd Ike's was announced first though.
It's almost guaranteed they're saving Celica for the international release of SoV. There was a space in the interim, so I guess they thought "why not now for Ike?" or something along those lines.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
**** MAN, if DC doesn't want to fall behind in the battle of hype that's been going on between them and Marvel the past few months they better blow us the **** away during the Injustice 2 stream on the 28th. I don't think they can top this at all though, like oh my god. You better have Spawn raring to go NetherRealm!
He's one of the best drawn characters in the game. I wonder who the artist is.

-----------

Here's some high quality screenshots of Sonic Forces that were also released.

Yeah, the game is looking REALLY pretty. Kinda reminds me of Yooka-Laylee with the lush colour-palette, but it's obviously got more of budget to work with.

One distinct detail I can see now is that the classic checkerboard texture on the rocks doesn't look like just a texture (like in Generations). It looks like it's either heavily bump mapped to give it depth, or each square is actually really 3D. Also in general, the checkerboard pattern is much more dense than in Generations, making it look more like the original version really brought to HD.

The textures in general also look pretty high quality. At the very least, the PC version of the game is gonna look phenomenal.
The game is super super pretty. I do have some problems with this level in particular though, one it's Green Hill 100%, two the level design seems a little jumbled from first glance but I'm sure that'll be better when I actually play it, three the music is bloody TERRIBLE! After the Sonic Forces theme song was released I figured we were in store for another amazing soundtrack like every Sonic game, even the terrible ones but MAN that music is just bad.

Of course I'm also getting the Switch version for the sake of having an awesome Sonic game on the go, same with Mania, so I hope they don't have to drown out the color pallet and details TOO bad when bringing it over. Besides that, the game looks good. I thought it looked fine in the Direct but damn the game is gorgeous. Let's just hope character 3 (Bubsy ofc) won't turn the game for the worst...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom