• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know what happened to the squid girl. The store I work at sells squid tentacles. Put 2 and 2 together...
TBH I see the Inklings ending up in spaghetti before they end up being served on a platter. A bit liquidy for cuts of meat, seeing as they're made of living ink and all.

Thank goodness for Crusty Sean he lives in a safer time where he can sell shoes and ice cream in peace, though. Inklings were pretty spooped when they found out the truth there.

D

Deleted member

Random question, but does anyone know a quick reliable way to remove facial hair stubble? No one even notices at all for some reason, but I'm such a perfectionist.

I usually don't ask questions like this, but everyone I know either doesn't know either, is gone/busy, or just refuse to help me out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Ryce guy mentioned this about Mahvel
"I hear that Chris doesn't use as many guns this time around, and I'm hoping Capcom did that to further differentiate him from someone like Punisher. I could see Marvel really pushing for Punisher now that he has his own Netflix series." Less guns eh? Wonder if this means Re7 design or not

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What can ya say? It's the land of the meat and the home of the beef.

I wonder what restaurant cooked up that image, anyway? I'm getting a vibe of a local place somewhere in flyover country, but I couldn't possibly pin it any closer.

. . .

Oddly enough, Yahoo is saying there's a music track called Borger Kong. I'm not brave enough to check, though.
The source image itself is from a NeoGAF thread about really big food. Identifies it as a King Kong burger.

It took me a little Google Fu, and no explicit confirmation, but the picture itself seems to be of the King Kong Challenge from Doug's Classic '57 Diner in Alliance, OH. Either they've closed or they've cleared most of their online presence. Not driving up there to verify which.

Got some UA updates when I'm back in front of my home comp...so eight-or-nine-ish hours. Don't wait up, I guess, but they're coming.

Thank goodness for Crusty Sean he lives in a safer time where he can sell shoes and ice cream in peace, though.
Still a little salty about Crusty Sean losing Shrimp Kicks.

They're gonna have to explain that one real well.

Anyone remember what happened with Fancy Party vs. Costume Party?
Three! Three quotes! Ah ah ah. But seriously, while I'm on the squid kick.

Callie took it as Fancy Party, 358-342.

If she did run off and the splatfest influences the plot, I'd like to imagine her holed up in an ancient manor somewhere outside of Inkopolis holding an eternal black tie ball. Possibly with some menacing overtones. Kinda vampire-y vibe, sans blood sucking.

Damn. Won't ever happen, but I kind of want that now. Just think of the kind of stage we could get out of it.

D

Deleted member

That's what google gave me.

Funny story, actually. My workmate and I decided to order Domino's tonight, but after placing the order, and with the order in the oven, I googled up that glorious mountain of beef.

So I actually made a run for a burger. To Wendy's, funnily enough. While my Domino's was out for delivery.

'Murica.
I can feel my arteries clogging just by looking at it.

....where can I get one? :V

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I can feel my arteries clogging just by looking at it.

....where can I get one? :V
Apparently Ohio, if the place is still open.

If not, I'm not sure where you'd get an equivalent outside of spending a lot of quality time with your grill. Reminds me of a burger I had once at Steak 'n Shake, but they don't offer the late night menu anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, man.

Nevada, New Jersey, and Florida probably got em beat.

Not to mention DC.

Waiting for the comics joke.
Oh yeah, good point. Especially Florida.(Like an inmate with schizophrenia dying in the shower, but that's a long story.)

Nevada's not that weird though, rather mundane in fact.(But not bad.)

Let me rephrase that though: Ohio is the weirdest state specifically when it comes to stuff like drugs, crazy people, food, and fat people.(The former two can be said more so for Florida though.) And I mean really fat people, think around 1,000 pounds.

At least from stories I've found anyway, a lot of them are in Ohio for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nah, man.

Nevada, New Jersey, and Florida probably got em beat.

Not to mention DC.

Waiting for the comics joke.
TBF in my experience Florida is where all the people from Ohio go once they're tired of snow. :p

The Mennonites actually run a bus to and from a place there. It's like Florida decided it didn't have enough personality already so it decided to import in a little bit of the Great Lakes Midwest's unique character in pockets for itself.

For weirdness elsewhere less related to the population and more related to context, it's kind of shocking being in a car ride to Florida and seeing far enough south along the way be a complete and utter match for Supper Smash Bros: Mishonh Form God. From the complete disappearance of any pizza joint other than Papa Johns to the sudden massive increase in volume of Chik-Fil-A to the increase in the number of signs with Bible verses. There wasn't any mistaking what I was looking at by then and I hadn't even done anything other than gawk at the roadside and stay at a hotel or two. That fic may have been a trollfic, but whoever wrote it clearly either lived there at some point or did some serious research because the description of the Bible Belt's fast food offerings was disturbingly accurate in retrospect.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, good point. Especially Florida.(Like an inmate with schizophrenia dying in the shower, but that's a long story.)

Nevada's not that weird though, rather mundane in fact.(But not bad.)

Let me rephrase that though: Ohio is the weirdest state specifically when it comes to stuff like drugs, crazy people, food, and fat people.(The former two can be said more so for Florida though.) And I mean really fat people, think around 1,000 pounds.

At least from stories I've found anyway, a lot of them are in Ohio for some reason.
I read a lot of Dave Barry so most of the 'weird state' stories I've read are about Florida, but it looks like I should look up weird Ohio stories too:) (My Dad thinks our home state Hawaii is rather wacky itself but I haven't noticed it much.)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
TBF in my experience Florida is where all the people from Ohio go once they're tired of snow. :p

The Mennonites actually run a bus to and from a place there. It's like Florida decided it didn't have enough personality already so it decided to import in a little bit of the Great Lakes Midwest's unique character in pockets for itself.

For weirdness elsewhere less related to the population and more related to context, it's kind of shocking being in a car ride to Florida and seeing far enough south along the way be a complete and utter match for Supper Smash Bros: Mishonh Form God. From the complete disappearance of any pizza joint other than Papa Johns to the sudden massive increase in volume of Chik-Fil-A to the increase in the number of signs with Bible verses. There wasn't any mistaking what I was looking at by then and I hadn't even done anything other than gawk at the roadside and stay at a hotel or two. That fic may have been a trollfic, but whoever wrote it clearly either lived there at some point or did some serious research because the description of the Bible Belt's fast food offerings was disturbingly accurate in retrospect.
TBF in my experience people just want to get out of Ohio. Could be my circle of friends, which includes several Ohio ex-pats, but I'm inclined to think otherwise.

Never read the fic - and the tropes page has already scared me off - but the Bible Belt food bit sounds about right. Never paid much attention to the vanishing pizza joints myself, it was the number of chicken places in particular that stuck out to me. Some Chik-Fil-A, but others too. First experience I had with Raising Cane's was when i was passing through Louisiana, for example.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hell, ****ing yes!!!
It finally happened!

Time to go blow all my money tryna get Ike!

Edit: Well I would have if he was available yet but he's not... For... some... Reason...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
California can get pretty darn weird too.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hell, ****ing yes!!!
It finally happened!

Edit: Well I would have if he was available yet but he's not... For... some... Reason...
You pay for your friends. :4myfriends:

California can get pretty darn weird too.
It can.

Basically everywhere's weird to some degree, if you think about it.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So Splatoon 2's story is being influenced by the end results of the Callie vs Marie Splatfest? That's a nice direction the narrative is taking - influenced by a small public event that's now being written into the canon of the Splatoon lore and universe. I look forward to seeing what the end result of it could be, but I hope that both of them are alright.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hell, ****ing yes!!!
It finally happened!

OH **** YEAH!!!

IKE HYPE, LET'S GO!!!!!

:4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends:

AND TITANIA TOO!!!

Today is a good day.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I came here expecting Ike hype
And I got Ike hype
:denzel:

Post-Gym Ike when? :4myfriends:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Post-Gym Ike when? :4myfriends:
It's 8 orbs to unlock the gym.

Then 12 orbs to unlock the whey protein.

Then when they release the Special Map "Ike: On Horse Steroids" you can fight him on Lunatic difficulty to get him at 4*.

Use the other items to raise him to 5*.

D

Deleted member

We getting it boyz
Gay archers confirmed new FE archetype
Why would you hope for that? That just seems fetishey instead rather than lewd.
The term for that is "inhale", not "suck".

You knew what you were doing. :V
Oh yeah, inhaling, that's what I meant
I'm not a pervert like you two, stop assuming because of an unfortunate choice of words
View attachment 128384
I didn't know @Shishœ had a neogaf account
You'd be surprised to know how many people are getting worried.
And some have fallen into ****ting on Atlus for Persona shilling.
It's sad because I had never seen this fandom do anything bad and it was, like, the Top 10 Purest Fandoms.
And oh boy, I'm getting worried too but I'm waiting for E3 and the end of this year is when I lose all hope

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Chris was a fun character to play in 3 so I'm not really disappointed that hes coming back, but man I really want Leon. :/

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I got some mods for Skyrim! Got some cool stuff like Skyland, vivid weathers, natural eyes, cloaks and capes- but I also got The Forgotten City and Falskaar expansion mods. These are areas with their own quests, characters and such.

Played The Forgotten City first. Holy ****- THAT was the best thing ever. Not gonna spoil it at all because it was that good. Just started Falskaar, and that's going pretty swell thus far.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Injustice 2's achievement list leaked. It spoils the final character.

We already knew about Joker since the December leak to be fair.

Beat an opponent online while they still have 90% health and you have 10% or less health remaining
I can see people setting up matches with friends to get this one because that's a pain otherwise.

lol Deadshot has the same achievement that Deathstroke did.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
So Ikes out huh? Hm...

Ragnell: "Enables counterattack regardless of distance if unit is attacked."

Sick! I might not even need to look for Ryoma anymore if I get Ike. He's probably gonna be somewhere in top five red then...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i love how people are saying p5's localization was bad...and of course when i say "people" i mean tanslators who are upset that there wasnt enough dank memes...so you know talentless hacks

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think I didnt get enough sleep because I swear I justvsaw a video that said Bill Nye said gender was on a spectrum. Finals week is getting to me, oh man
i love how people are saying p5's localization was bad...and of course when i say "people" i mean tanslators who are upset that there wasnt enough dank memes...so you know talentless hacks
They are mad there isnt enough "..." options in events and negotiations

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I one time watched a brief cutscene where Ryuji (around the first part of the game) said "d-bag" instead of well... the actual word. I was like really?

That actually almost made me consider Japanese dub if the localization was going to be solf on the curse words. I mean, the b word can be said but not that? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
According to the internet anything that is Japanese made, which is then made to into an English version is trash....

Even though any English dub I see for anime or games are still pretty decent and I can't tell the difference one way or another from the Japanese version...

I always prefer English over Japanese because it's easier to relate to a character if they are actually speaking the same language as me...so long as the voice acting isn't THAT bad of course...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I one time watched a brief cutscene where Ryuji (around the first part of the game) said "d-bag" instead of well... the actual word. I was like really?

That actually almost made me consider Japanese dub if the localization was going to be solf on the curse words. I mean, the b word can be said but not that? Just a thought.
I meant the point got across because he is a sexually Harassin d-bag pff

and everyone knows what a d-bag is so it works

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Since we were talking about weird states earlier, Pennsylvania can get pretty darn weird concerning weather. One day it's 70 degrees and sunny, and then within the next 48 hours the temp drops to 32 and there's a chance of snow. Happened in March this year.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If you're having trouble beating him and you've got a hammer in your convoy just give it to Ike and beat his *** that way. It's kinda cheap but hey, whatever gets the job done.
This is Path of Radiance. Ike can't use Hammers. And Ragnell is the only thing that can hurt him at all.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hell, ****ing yes!!!
It finally happened!

Oh hey, we're finally getting Ike. That's great!

I am surprised that the next Focus event didn't feature Celica and some of the members of her army. I guess that's going to be the Focus event after this one to tie in with Echoes' release in the international scene.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ahhh ike the character who replaced roy in brawl....and unless someones going to give me the money to buy both of his games thats all he'll ever be

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Awful karma this morning as my hometown football team loses their brightest star to the New Orleans Saints.

I admit it could have been worse, he could have gone to those wretched Cowboys.
Nah, not really. Not mad libs levels of weird anyway.
You forgot to say "Dude."

How about them apples, bub?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom