• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
redfeatherraven redfeatherraven There's only room for one vampire in town.
Oh boy, I already see where this is going.
And to make it better, here some musiiiiiiic!
Yeah I know, vampire aren't really know for being cowboy, but come on, this music is too perfect for the situation.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Can I point out something?

There's been a lot of back-and-forth over Fire Emblem's rise to prominence in the last few years. Some talk, some controversy, some resentment by some who consider it "undeserving" of the attention it's gained. But let no one say it hasn't gained more appeal or become more recognized, nor let anyone say that it isn't growing beyond the following it previously had.

Because out of all the games in the current poll, Shadows of Valentia is tied for the 2nd greatest intent to buy. Tied with an updated version of arguably the best Mario Kart game ever made, behind only the upcoming AAA release in Splatoon 2. That is a big deal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would be @Lord Dio right?
He doesn't count, real vampires can turn into bats, not just do sexy poses.

Batman is more so of a vampire than Dio.

Yes, I do know that vampires don't have to turn into bats and that Dracula's bat form in the novel was a minor transformation while the wolf and mist were more relevant. But I got to make the funnies.

Yeah I know, vampire aren't really know for being cowboy, but come on, this music is too perfect for the situation.
Take a good look at my current status. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He doesn't count, real vampires can turn into bats, not just do sexy poses.

Take a good look at my current status. :p
Wait, did you...
*Look at the statue*

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN, or madvampire-cowboy...thing in that case.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Huh. Learned something about Kirby. Kirby is supposed to be gender neutral so the player can identify as the little destroyer of souls.
It doesn't translate to other cultures then.

Kirby is a solely male name.

The fact that Kirby is mentally a baby also excuses the less masculine features as well.

Even then. Kirby is referred to as a "he" in Japanese media, is he not?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

The fact that Kirby is mentally a baby also excuses the less masculine features as well.

I thought it was a joke.

I was gonna point out that Kirby's always referred to as male but the bit about destroyer of souls made me not.

D

Deleted member

There's been a lot of back-and-forth over Fire Emblem's rise to prominence in the last few years. Some talk, some controversy, some resentment by some who consider it "undeserving" of the attention it's gained. But let no one say it hasn't gained more appeal or become more recognized, nor let anyone say that it isn't growing beyond the following it previously had.

Because out of all the games in the current poll, Shadows of Valentia is tied for the 2nd greatest intent to buy. Tied with an updated version of arguably the best Mario Kart game ever made, behind only the upcoming AAA release in Splatoon 2. That is a big deal.
This thread isn't the best example of FE's popularity, this thread is often times FE, the thread.

Especially with people like Shisho, AKA, my weeb mentor(Not weeb Grandmaster, that'd be my boyfriend) that I still haven't learned from much yet because I still haven't watched JoJo.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'd probably be finding even less ore if I started with a Hellevator too, LOL.
Quip mode engaged.

That's definitely an excellent idea -
Not the words I'd use.

- but it's work too.
Those, I'd use.

My strategy has been to wander around doing whatever strikes my fancy at any given moment. It doesn't make for much progress OR Hardmode insurance -
Neither do wooden pants.

I think you're still winning here.

- but I've got a house shaped if insecure starting house -
Positive encouragement, Cori.

Lift that house up.

- the start of a castle with a couple of floors of space between the intended entryway and the NPC quarters (although since it's a work in progress there's still vulnerable spots), and loot from all over the place.
...****.

I barely got a Motel 6.

My strategy in Terraria's past has been to wait until I've got enough Heart Crystals to trigger full health all at once and some good armor before boosting myself and thus avoid the hypothetical wrath of hypothetical eyeballs until it's more manageable, and that seems more important than ever in Expert.
Mine's been yo-yos and barricaded homes.

That'd work a lot better if my yo-yo wasn't wooden.

Wood just doesn't perform in Expert.

Probably need a couple extra Heart Crystals on top of that so I can make lanterns and have halfway decent regen for fights. I put my castle in a Snow biome for a specific reason -
All the "winter is coming" jokes?

...no? Just me? Alright.

- so if I keep my marshmallows stocked and some campfires to sit out I should have some regen buffs to stack if I remember.
Sounds like a plan.

Seriously, you've got it together better than me over here. Well done.

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven There's only room for one vampire in town.
Don't know what you're talking about.

Oh boy, I already see where this is going.
Nah, not this time.

But when it does, you've got dibs on the hype man position.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Quip mode engaged.

Not the words I'd use.

Those, I'd use.

Neither do wooden pants.

I think you're still winning here.

Positive encouragement, Cori.

Lift that house up.

...****.

I barely got a Motel 6.

Mine's been yo-yos and barricaded homes.

That'd work a lot better if my yo-yo wasn't wooden.

Wood just doesn't perform in Expert.

All the "winter is coming" jokes?

...no? Just me? Alright.

Sounds like a plan.

Seriously, you've got it together better than me over here. Well done.

Don't know what you're talking about.

Nah, not this time.

But when it does, you've got dibs on the hype man position.
Oh. ;(

But YOOO, really?! I feel honored to hear (or in that case, seeing) that. :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

For me personally, Fire Emblem is one of the few franchises Nintendo is actually treating correctly. Doesn't necessarily excuse the lazy treatment or neglect of other franchises, but it's better than them having nothing to show for themselves.

I think a large part of Fire Emblem's appeal right now is how character-driven it is. Most of Nintendo's franchises don't pay attention to how the characters are actually portrayed or don't try to give them a deeper than surface level meaning, but Fire Emblem does. Which is good because I think a lot of gamers appreciate that in today's gaming culture.

There's also the fact they have the weeaboo/otaku community by the balls (literally), but hey, they help fund the franchise.

D

Deleted member

This thread isn't the best example of FE's popularity, this thread is often times FE, the thread.

Especially with people like Shisho, AKA, my weeb mentor(Not weeb Grandmaster, that'd be my boyfriend) that I still haven't learned from much yet because I still haven't watched JoJo.
Why am I always the scapegoat for the weebness in this thread? It's not like any of you are innocent in this, you all are a bunch of weebs!

But on the topic of FE, with the fact that Heroes has been relevant since release(now less than before) abd Echoes relasing tomorrow in Japan and next month in the rest of the world, it's only natural it's a constant topic here
And with FEW and FE16 coming next, I doubt it'll have died out

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Soon Fire Emblem will overtake Nintendo other series. You'll get BOTW style game starring Marth, a Mario game with Chrom and that's just the start!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Why am I always the scapegoat for the weebness in this thread? It's not like any of you are innocent in this, you all are a bunch of weebs!
Don't try to deflect the weebiness.

We can see it right in your avi.

You'll get BOTW style game starring Marth -!
Sorry, I couldn't read the rest of that through all this money I'm throwing at the screen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Jokes on you, a weeb must have a waifu to be considered a true weeb. And in my that case, I don't have any waifu!

Because I am not very interested in love as of now. Ya know, life, finding a job, being healty, etc..., all those "fun" thing to pay attention that make me more worries than anything, so, I can't really find a waifu right now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Soon Fire Emblem will overtake Nintendo other series. You'll get BOTW style game starring Marth, a Mario game with Chrom and that's just the start!
Aw yeah, Chrom, my favourite browser, I can definily see a game where Mario as to use Google Chrom to save New York. The true sequel to Mario is Missing I tell ya.:troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I woke up today dreading the worst. At my new job, a woman 'misgendered' me because of my hair and when I had to go to the toilet, the janitor was busy with the men's room so I had to use the other toilets. Dysphoria has eaten a **** today and I'm glad

You're right that it doesn't translate well, but Kirby didn't have male pronouns in Japan iirc

Though Kirby's one bad ass baby if he commits mass genocide over cake and destroys ****ing gods
I thought it was a joke.

I was gonna point out that Kirby's always referred to as male but the bit about destroyer of souls made me not.
I added that last bit myself, there was a thing o celebrate Kirby's 25th and Sakurai was there talking about how the franchise was born, like how Gordo's sprite was just a quarter of him before they multiplied it, how Kirby was originally going to fly off the screen when losing a life like Smash (Sakurai forgot this when making Smash funny enough) or how Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos looked very similar as it was less taxing on the GBGB
Why am I always the scapegoat for the weebness in this thread? It's not like any of you are innocent in this, you all are a bunch of weebs
Because you're weebier than anyone here. Your name is literally based off of something a teacher said iirc. "But you're weebier than me Gwen!" Excuse you, my avi has the biggest badass in American history, Kirby. Plus, what kind of weeb would call themselves Gwen instead of some **** like Mizuri?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've known for a while now they used gender neutral pronouns for Kirby in Japan, but this is the first time I've heard of him actually being intended to be up to the interpretation of the player.

My mind is always going to lean towards male with Kirby in terms of gender since that's what it's used to, but if the gender is up to the viewer then I'm rolling with the idea that he doesn't actually have a sex as we understand it. He's an alien eldritch creature in the shape of a cuddly ball, he's clearly not bound by human biology any way else.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What prompted this Silvagunner discussion?

At any rate, my contribution.

This blew my mind.
We are number ⑨? :p
Well, FE did already beat other Ninendo franchises to make it into Project X Zone 2.

Aside from Xenoblade, but that's a special case because Monolith.

D

Deleted member

Don't try to deflect the weebiness.

We can see it right in your avi.

Sorry, I couldn't read the rest of that through all this money I'm throwing at the screen.
Hey, you're the one with the Pikachu avis though
Jokes on you, a weeb must have a waifu to be considered a true weeb. And in my that case, I don't have any waifu!

Because I am not very interested in love as of now. Ya know, life, finding a job, being healty, etc..., all those "fun" thing to pay attention that make me more worries than anything, so, I can't really find a waifu right now.
Good thing I don't have a waifu then
Because having a waifu will ruin your laifu
Aw yeah, Chrom, my favourite browser, I can definily see a game where Mario as to use Google Chrom to save New York. The true sequel to Mario is Missing I tell ya.:troll:
Chrom is my favorite Bowser too
I woke up today dreading the worst. At my new job, a woman 'misgendered' me because of my hair and when I had to go to the toilet, the janitor was busy with the men's room so I had to use the other toilets. Dysphoria has eaten a **** today and I'm glad

You're right that it doesn't translate well, but Kirby didn't have male pronouns in Japan iirc

Though Kirby's one bad *** baby if he commits mass genocide over cake and destroys ****ing gods

I added that last bit myself, there was a thing o celebrate Kirby's 25th and Sakurai was there talking about how the franchise was born, like how Gordo's sprite was just a quarter of him before they multiplied it, how Kirby was originally going to fly off the screen when losing a life like Smash (Sakurai forgot this when making Smash funny enough) or how Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos looked very similar as it was less taxing on the GBGB

Because you're weebier than anyone here. Your name is literally based off of something a teacher said iirc. "But you're weebier than me Gwen!" Excuse you, my avi has the biggest badass in American history, Kirby. Plus, what kind of weeb would call themselves Gwen instead of some **** like Mizuri?
It is "teacher", not what a teacher said, but calling myself "Teacher" is stupid and doesn't sound as good
Besides, you watch 3D anime and there's nothing weebier than that

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is that joke even legal here?:4gaw:
Anyway, who need waifu when you can have a wife? And kids, that are going to wake you up in the middle of the night because that's what a baby does, and because sleeping is for the weak.:yeahboi: Wait, I just sleep 2 minutes ago, that joke doesn't work.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey, you're the one with the Pikachu avis though

Good thing I don't have a waifu then

Chrom is my favorite Bowser too

It is "teacher", not what a teacher said, but calling myself "Teacher" is stupid and doesn't sound as good
Besides, you watch 3D anime and there's nothing weebier than that
I beg your pardon, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is an AMERICAN show. Fact

Real talk, some abusive parents are trying to go "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!"
I don't watch Defranko's content because I don't care, but he made this video and deliberately kept ads off of it so I feel like that alone proves this is a good video on the subject

EDIT: Holy ****, the kid was asked by the prick dad if he's okay, he shifted his eyes and was looking away from the camera when he said yes. The kid's lying

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im really not feeling good enough to ****ing study for this test monday. Like at all but I have to study or else Ill fail like I always do. Its like im fighting, U wanna pass so I have to study but Im feeling like total 100% Horse **** so I cant study

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, FE did already beat other Ninendo franchises to make it into Project X Zone 2.

Aside from Xenoblade, but that's a special case because Monolith.
Fire Emblem was arguably the most fitting out of all the currently-running Nintendo franchises for a guest appearance in Project X Zone due to both series being tactical RPG's. And then there's the pair-up mechanic from Awakening, hence why Chrom and Lucina as a team makes sense.

And if the PXZ fanbase is anything like the Smash fanbase, they'd be accusing Monolith of bias towards their own creations. :p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have a question. Do some people just hate FE because of how it has grown and how popular is has become?
So basically the trope: "its popular, so now it sucks"?

It seems to happen with all sorts of things that get a lot of exposure lately, not just FE.

i don't really have much of an opinion on FE myself. I've played Awakening and little bit of Fates and I thought they where pretty good. And I guess Nintendo is just trying to maintain that newfound popularity it got ever since they hit a goldmine, especially since the series was at a brink of being put down.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have a question. Do some people just hate FE because of how it has grown and how popular is has become?
Most haters I've seen are actually fans of the old games "**** off you idiot, you don't play the REAL games! Go back to your waifus!". It's a shame that there's no stick in the world big enough to shove up their ass

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Reasons I've seen people hate on FE...
-Attention over other franchises
-Attention over other franchises in smash
-Waifus
-Genwunnism from older fans

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
this is your daily reminder hatsune miku is canonically a party of the persona franchise

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey. Nock it off.
? You're defending people who use the argument "You're not a REAL fan!" or something similar? I sincerely hope for you that you misinterpretted my post. It's okay to prefer the older games or dislike the newer ones but it isn't okay to absolutely **** on someone just because of the game they like. Chuggaaconroy, a guy who likes Skyward Sword and is currently LP-ing it, doesn't want to do a Fire Emblem LP because of those people. The toxic elitists scared him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom