• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know, Disgaea 5 would be much better if Seriphina didnt exsist. Her only good part is accusing Christo of liking Boys Love. because of how close he was to Killia when he first got into the party. Other then that, she is a ***** that thinks shooting people solves things

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man just imagine if the next Pokemon game was an open world game. That'd be amazing.
Open World works well for Pokemon as a franchise, very much like a lot of other RPGs, but I also doubt Game Freak would ever go that route for the games...Sun and Moon was a big change in the formula for Pokemon but it was still largely linear in progression...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Rumors of a Super NES Classic Edition?

50 bucks Nintendo will do jack squat for the supply of its heavy demand like last time.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Open World works well for Pokemon as a franchise, very much like a lot of other RPGs, but I also doubt Game Freak would ever go that route for the games...Sun and Moon was a big change in the formula for Pokemon but it was still largely linear in progression...
Yeah but I can dream!

D

Deleted member

I've no complaint towards FE, as long as it doesn't overcome Mario.

If it bypasses Zelda tho I'll be like:

I beg your pardon, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is an AMERICAN show. Fact

Real talk, some abusive parents are trying to go "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!"
I don't watch Defranko's content because I don't care, but he made this video and deliberately kept ads off of it so I feel like that alone proves this is a good video on the subject

EDIT: Holy ****, the kid was asked by the prick dad if he's okay, he shifted his eyes and was looking away from the camera when he said yes. The kid's lying
It's in cases like this one I wish this character exists:

(In case you don't get it: http://fairlyoddparents.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bad_Parent_Hunter)

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You know, Disgaea 5 would be much better if Seriphina didnt exsist. Her only good part is accusing Christo of liking Boys Love. because of how close he was to Killia when he first got into the party. Other then that, she is a ***** that thinks shooting people solves things
shooting people does tend to solve certain problems....their not problems most NORMAL people have but this is the neatherworld where being a honor student involves skipping class and being a delinquent means being a straiuight A student, so you just need to learn to accept certain things as being reversed

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have a question. Do some people just hate FE because of how it has grown and how popular is has become?
I'm just completely indifferent to the franchise after giving it two tries.

I played Awakening and I played Fates, and I thought they were particularly bland, even by RPG standards.

I might give the Switch FE a shot, maybe the series is better on consoles. Or maybe the series just used to be better in general, since I hear that Awakening changed a lot of things. Or maybe I'll just never be a fan of these kind of RPGs.

But by all means, keep Fire Emblem coming, the last thing I want is to wish the pain of Metroid/F-Zero/etc on someone else.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
shooting people does tend to solve certain problems....their not problems most NORMAL people have but this is the neatherworld where being a honor student involves skipping class and being a delinquent means being a straiuight A student, so you just need to learn to accept certain things as being reversed
Well she is a Demon, But I didnt expect her to be so annoying when I started the game. Also poor Red Magnus being at the end of her guns all the time. Im just shocked she hasnt shot Christo yet

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Nintendo better not under stock the SNES Classic if they're making it.

I didn't pick up the NES Classic, but I for sure want to pick up an SNES Classic.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And if the PXZ fanbase is anything like the Smash fanbase, they'd be accusing Monolith of bias towards their own creations. :p
I mean, they really do

KOS-MOS is OP in every game she appears in and has kept appearing long after her franchise was relevant. Heck, she even appeared in the Endless Frontier games, which were supposed to just feature original characters!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly still dont get your hatred to Zelda
Because he thinks that the Zelda series dying would somehow convince Nintendo to make another proper Metroid game. That, and the "Call of Dutization" of the series. Also something about Hyrule Warriors.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Even though Nintendo is no longer the owner of Seattle Mariners, they still have Nintendo Switch ads appears behind the first base in Safeco field.
What's even more better, my hero Chen Wei Yin played a no hitter game, which is his best performance in his MLB career.
Screenshot_2017-04-19-22-43-18-403_com.google.android.youtube.png

If most of you did not know, Chen Wei Yin and I are both Taiwanese, and we are even born in the same town.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Because he thinks that the Zelda series dying would somehow convince Nintendo to make another proper Metroid game. That, and the "Call of Dutization" of the series. Also something about Hyrule Warriors.
That sound honestly very stupid.
Like, since when Zelda being dead would convince Nintendo to make another Metroid game? Those game have like nothing in common beside exploration.
*Sigh* Some peoples just need to put the baby with the bully and say it was the bully fault if the baby is crying, I am wrong?:4olimar: Because I don't even care anymore at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That sound honestly very stupid.
Like, since when Zelda being dead would convince Nintendo to make another Metroid game? Those game have like nothing in common beside exploration.
*Sigh* Some peoples just need to put the baby with the bully and say it was the bully fault if the baby is crying, I am wrong?:4olimar: Because I don't even care anymore at this point.
TFW you feel concerned but you don't see yourself being mentioned... ?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

ok then Ill say it in the niceist way I can and to avoid argument ill say dont bite me for this.

If you really do think Zelda dying will help anything, you are very very very wrong. Its time to put the pettyness aside, face the truth and accept it

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have a question. Do some people just hate FE because of how it has grown and how popular is has become?
Not from what I've experienced. If people do hate the surge in popularity it's more because of the reactions to Awakening/Fates and the worry that they'll forever alter the direction of the series. In a lot of ways the FE community is going through what the Smash community went through with the release of Brawl:

"Heavily grassroots community eagerly awaits first new game in years. Game comes out and the hype train crashes. Despite this, the series becomes more popular than ever, resulting in massive community divisions and leading to other communities to lose respect."

Fire Emblem right now to me is more or less Melee vs. Brawl all over again rather than a simple case of blind nostalgia. Also I haven't downloaded Heroes yet. Blasphemy I know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Not from what I've experienced. If people do hate the surge in popularity it's more because of the reactions to Awakening/Fates and the worry that they'll forever alter the direction of the series. In a lot of ways the FE community is going through what the Smash community went through with the release of Brawl:

"Heavily grassroots community eagerly awaits first new game in years. Game comes out and the hype train crashes. Despite this, the series becomes more popular than ever, resulting in massive community divisions and leading to other communities to lose respect."

Fire Emblem right now to me is more or less Melee vs. Brawl all over again rather than a simple case of blind nostalgia. Also I haven't downloaded Heroes yet. Blasphemy I know.
I recently had to uninstal Heroes. Everytine apps would update, it would say "Um, there is no space my dude" and I got sick of it and got rid of it

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Well, in that case...
My friend, I perfectly understand your opinion on the Zelda franchise. You have all the right to dislike it and I don't want to sound like you should feel bad for having a unpopular opinion.
Nonethless, if what Xeno said is true, then I have to strongly disagree with your point of view. Zelda being alive or dead will probably not influence the Metroid Franchise if not a good Metroid is released. Because it's what truly matter: an actual good Metroid game.
I am not going into the "Call of Dutyzation", beside the fact that you are also very wrong (since when a Zelda game apparear every year? An actual one, not a spin-off or anything like that). And I don't know what happened with Hyrule Warriors so I won't go on that.
But remember, if you have a unpopular opinion that is very controversial, you have to be ready to recieve alot of negatif or mixed opinion.
On those word, I still hope we can have a good time and I wish you the best my friend. I am a fellow Metroid fan by the way, so don't feel lonely, I also want the franchise to return. But I don't want to sacrifice one for the other to come back, every games have fan you know?

D

Deleted member

Zelda's a pretty bad franchise, they don't even include raps for their ads anymore.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry Wrestling fans, but the Ringside Wrestler was so close to winning. But the Chorus Kids still prove that they are the most popular Rhythm Heaven choice. Thank you Sal Romano of Gematsu.

Next will be the second and last poll for the series and I've leaving the musical doggo of this. Your choices are Tap Trial Girl (or Rhythm Girl if you prefer), the Wandering Samurai, Marshal (@KeybladeSmasher), and the Rhythm Monkey. Next will be Game Boy series like Starfy.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Seen it and I've lost all interest.

Digital only, silly story, having a gimmick that can be done in other games in the Dressing Room, and making Asuka the focus. I feel like this is a mediocre apology for her being overshadowed by Yumi and Miyabi. Worst part of all, there is no action.

I'm not getting it. It really isn't worth the time since it made my morning very horrible. I'm not the only one either, plenty of fans are just as pissed as me. Even Bon Appetit and freaking Peach Beach Splash have more content going for them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zelda's a pretty bad franchise, they don't even include raps for their ads anymore.
Nah, the series went downhill when the English translations stopped spelling the main antagonist's beast form's name as "Gannon" with three N's.

D

Deleted member

Well, in that case...
My friend, I perfectly understand your opinion on the Zelda franchise. You have all the right to dislike it and I don't want to sound like you should feel bad for having a unpopular opinion.
Nonethless, if what Xeno said is true, then I have to strongly disagree with your point of view. Zelda being alive or dead will probably not influence the Metroid Franchise if not a good Metroid is released. Because it's what truly matter: an actual good Metroid game.
I am not going into the "Call of Dutyzation", beside the fact that you are also very wrong (since when a Zelda game apparear every year? An actual one, not a spin-off or anything like that). And I don't know what happened with Hyrule Warriors so I won't go on that.
But remember, if you have a unpopular opinion that is very controversial, you have to be ready to recieve alot of negatif or mixed opinion.
On those word, I still hope we can have a good time and I wish you the best my friend. I am a fellow Metroid fan by the way, so don't feel lonely, I also want the franchise to return. But I don't want to sacrifice one for the other to come back, every games have fan you know?
I'm legitimately curious to know when I said I wish Zelda dies off in order to make Metroid to rebirth.

I sure got mad once and made a thread about it, yes, I admit that. But time has passed and I ceased to make this assimilation.

However, I do keep think Zelda has been way too much overmilked during this last generation compared to the previous ones, hence my use of the "Call of Dutization" term, not to forget how disappointed I have been with it and ceased to play any new Zelda game after A Link Between Worlds.

Now if it is too difficult for people to accept my opinion on it, remember an Ignore option exists on these boards.

D

Deleted member

Is that joke even legal here?:4gaw:
Why wouldn't it be?
I beg your pardon, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is an AMERICAN show. Fact
KRDK is a whitewash of the original series
And even if it was american, that'd mean you're a westaboo
Real talk, some abusive parents are trying to go "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!"
I don't watch Defranko's content because I don't care, but he made this video and deliberately kept ads off of it so I feel like that alone proves this is a good video on the subject

EDIT: Holy ****, the kid was asked by the prick dad if he's okay, he shifted his eyes and was looking away from the camera when he said yes. The kid's lying
What is this video and why are you bringing it up so suddenly? I need some context

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom