• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why wouldn't it be?

KRDK is a whitewash of the original series
And even if it was american, that'd mean you're a westaboo

What is this video and why are you bringing it up so suddenly? I need some context
The original Ryuki was Madoka but good, Dragon Knight was it's own thing

I found out about that channel DaddyOffive and they're ****ing abusing one of the kids. They hit him causing him a nosebleed, kicking him in the groin, keep yelling at him and took everyone BUT that kid to Disney world because he 'smeared poop everywhere'. They latter backpedalled saying he accidentally clogged up the toilet. The video shows that it's abusive and the guy who made the video usually puts ads on everything. Not this video. I needed to buy 2 things from the store to stop my blood from boiling
TLDR:
Youtube channel abuses kids and is earning money from it

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, the series went downhill when the English translations stopped spelling the main antagonist's beast form's name as "Gannon" with three N's.
Ah yes, Gannon, my favourite dishwashing liquid.
I'm legitimately curious to know when I said I wish Zelda dies off in order to make Metroid to rebirth.

I sure got mad once and made a thread about it, yes, I admit that. But time has passed and I ceased to make this assimilation.

However, I do keep think Zelda has been way too much overmilked during this last generation compared to the previous ones, hence my use of the "Call of Dutization" term, not to forget how disappointed I have been with it and ceased to play any new Zelda game after A Link Between Worlds.

Now if it is too difficult for people to accept my opinion on it, remember an Ignore option exists on these boards.
But every popular franchise get "milked" now, Zelda is probably one of the more honest about that. Since again, if you don't count the spin-off, Zelda games don't apparear every year, they take alot of time. When I see this term, I feel like you are saying that there is always a new "official" Zelda game every year and with little to no difference between them, and with all I seen about BOTW. I feel like it would be veryyyy wrong to say that "it's the same thing as every Zelda game".

And even if this is true, Metroid before it's dark age was also pretty milked when the Primes games were around. Pinball, Hunter, the game releasing pretty close to each other. Metroid was at a time a milked franchise too. It's just Other M who stopped everything and leaved the franchise in it's second dark age. If this game didn't exist, I tell you, Metroid would be a franchise as milked as Zelda.

You can have your opinion, but again, you have to be ready to face other peoples who will disagree with your opinion on this subject alone.

Because I am not going to ignore you because of one thing that I don't like, that would be stupid. I'm sure we can discuss alot of other things that we can agree on. And I won't let one opinion make me put you on the "Ignore" list. For everything else I have seen, you seem to be a nice person, so, you are going to stay on my screen buddy.:4dk:
Why wouldn't it be?

KRDK is a whitewash of the original series
And even if it was american, that'd mean you're a westaboo

What is this video and why are you bringing it up so suddenly? I need some context
Because wynaut?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm legitimately curious to know when I said I wish Zelda dies off in order to make Metroid to rebirth.
In your defense, ditto.

I remember debating you on the "Call of Dutization," and your present boycott of the franchise, but you didn't say anything at that time about Zelda dying for Metroid to recover.

This might seem out of character, but you need to slow down there. :4sonic:
Nah man, gotta go fast. :4sonic:

But the Chorus Kids still probe.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The fact that the game is digital only is a dead giveaway that it's a cheap gimmick game. No Yomi, no buy.

Or more like, the game isn't really worth it if it's going to be more half-baked and cheap than two spinoffs that already exist. But Shocked Takeshi pretty much covered exactly what issues I have with Shinobi Refle.

It sounds more insulting than Federation Force and Amiibo Party combined. And fans are saying no Yumi suddenly redeems it? Get out of here. :rolleyes:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I sure got mad once and made a thread about it, yes, I admit that. But time has passed and I ceased to make this assimilation.

However, I do keep think Zelda has been way too much overmilked during this last generation compared to the previous ones, hence my use of the "Call of Dutization" term, not to forget how disappointed I have been with it and ceased to play any new Zelda game after A Link Between Worlds.

Now if it is too difficult for people to accept my opinion on it, remember an Ignore option exists on these boards.
since you didnt say anything about metroid, ill just ignore that argument but I still stand by just accepting that Zelda is here to stay.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"milked" is just a term for "I don't like it" nowadays.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This might seem out of character, but you need to slow down there. :4sonic:
When you wake up in the morning just to see that a game you were initially excited for is a low budget virtual novel spinoff that only exists because of a gimmick (HD Rumble), then you have no time to slow down.

I'm just going to leave for a while until I blow off some steam. Good bye.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm going to be honest here...Its one thing having an opinion on something, especially if it's a negative opinion....no one's forcing you to like something or not...

But it's another when you keep bringing it up randomly out of context...It's like you're trying to remind everyone that you don't like it as opposed to just having the opinion...Of course I'm not saying you can't state your opinion...but if you keep bringing it up for seemingly no reason all the time, don't be surprised if people keep calling you out on it...

Especially when you use remarks like 'Herpes Warriors' in your reasoning for your opinion....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tale all the time you need AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 . It's better that way instead of causing trouble for others because of your honest disappointment.

We all should have seen this coming since Takaki remotely bought up HD Rumble. And at this point, the series doesn't even have a stable canon anymore with the "main" series technically dead. Even if Shinobi Refle happens to be part of Timeline 1, it's just pointless spinoff that adds nothing to the story at all.

Then again, Senran Kagura 7's name alone means that Versus more or less took over the franchise completely and the series will forever be PlayStaion exclusive. This is why he needs to go for a mulitplatform route than switching platforms constantly a la Kingdom Hearts (which was already frustrating on its own).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly, no franchise being sacrificed would guarantee another getting more attention. You'd have several franchises in various degrees of neglect that could be randomly chosen in the event that a dev team was freed, or in a much more likely scenario they'd just make a new IP instead.

In particular, Fire Emblem is Intelligent System's territory to make. They hadn't touched Metroid in ages by the time FE was revived to the point where that staff has probably drained off, their attempt at a new IP flopped, their last ditch attempt to keep their other strategy IP going before that flopped. They're not taking anything away from you by making Fire Emblem because what else are they gonna be making? Every other Fire Emblem game is made by a third party company rather than any Nintendo studio, and honestly it's probably the best fit as an IP for those games.

In 90% of cases there's no reason to even be jealous of FE because there's no dev team overlap even hypothetically possible to take whatever fantasy game from another franchise you have in mind away from you. The other 10% is Advance Wars fans and Advance Wars had a bit of a problem of not selling super well in the west and REALLY not selling well in Japan.

Different dev teams have different responsibilities. Intelligent Systems is just channeling their development into FE because nothing else is working. Meanwhile things ranging from it's unique tone among Nintendo games to it revolving around wars make it a more attractive fit for certain types of crossovers developed by other companies than most other Nintendo games. Do folks want Metroid Musou or something? Because that isn't really known for it's sprawling cast and every time other characters are put into Metroid games people get upset.

And if you look at the rest of Nintendo's dev teams, a ton of them are off in little corners each with their own assignments that they stick to almost exclusively. One does 3D Zelda, one does 2D Zelda, one does Mario Kart. When the last one finally did do something new, it wasn't reviving an old IP, it was creating a new one. I expect the "They decided to use their extra dev time to make a new IP instead" situation to crop up a lot soon, interviews are already implying it.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tale all the time you need AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 . It's better that way instead of causing trouble for others because of your honest disappointment.

We all should have seen this coming since Takaki remotely bought up HD Rumble. And at this point, the series doesn't even have a stable canon anymore with the "main" series technically dead. Even if Shinobi Refle happens to be part of Timeline 1, it's just pointless spinoff that adds nothing to the story at all.

Then again, Senran Kagura 7's name alone means that Versus more or less took over the franchise completely and the series will forever be PlayStaion exclusive. This is why he needs to go for a mulitplatform route than switching platforms constantly a la Kingdom Hearts (which was already frustrating on its own).
At this point, everything that I've liked about the franchise might as well be dead with the focus on fanservice being exaggerated just to appeal to newcomers. Like my friend Kaz said, it'a harder to be a fan of this than Tales because there is so much wasted potential and Takaki doesn't know what the hell he wants to do with the story anymore. It's a bigger mess than modern Marvel Comics right now.

But as I've said, I'm just leaving for a while to save everyone the trouble. I've tried to be rational and calm about the situation, but the constant disappointments alone made me less proud to be a Senran Kagura fan than ever. Throwing away all the character development and canon just because a spinoff happens to be more possible is the worst thing any director would do their own franchise. And Metroid and Sonic fans say that their series had it the worst.

D

Deleted member

And even if this is true, Metroid before it's dark age was also pretty milked when the Primes games were around. Pinball, Hunter, the game releasing pretty close to each other. Metroid was at a time a milked franchise too. It's just Other M who stopped everything and leaved the franchise in it's second dark age. If this game didn't exist, I tell you, Metroid would be a franchise as milked as Zelda.
True.

But as you said, the milkage you cite came after Metroid's 8-year hiatus after Super, which is more acceptable in comparison don't you think?

I'm going to be honest here...Its one thing having an opinion on something, especially if it's a negative opinion....no one's forcing you to like something or not...

But it's another when you keep bringing it up randomly out of context...It's like you're trying to remind everyone that you don't like it as opposed to just having the opinion...Of course I'm not saying you can't state your opinion...but if you keep bringing it up for seemingly no reason all the time, don't be surprised if people keep calling you out on it...

Especially when you use remarks like 'Herpes Warriors' in your reasoning for your opinion....
Because I have a role of Zelda detractor to hold I guess.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
True.

But as you said, the milkage you cite came after Metroid's 8-year hiatus after Super, which is more acceptable in comparison don't you think?

Eh, not really? It's still milkage, and Hunter wasn't very liked, and with FF recently. How can you tell that Metroid wouldn't be also a victim of too much bad spin-off? The answer is, no one is safe from having bad games when a franchise is popular, that it's Metroid, Zelda, Mario, or anything you want.

And you don't need to be "that Zelda detractor guy" here. It's honestly not something you should be proud off or like. Because, who think it's cool to be that guy that not alot of peoples want to talk just because he like to say that he is a detractor of something that is popular and alot of peoples love? I'm sure your better than that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We got the other five main characters for the New Warriors TV show announced.
In addition to Squirrel Girl we have:
- Mister Immortal
- Night Thrasher
- Speedball
- Microbe
- Debrii

And James Gunn's gonna be back Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Paging Coricus Coricus .

Didn't know this was a thing, but will be developing my fast travel system with it in mind.

Granted, it'll cost twice as much as my usual aerial platform method, but for enabling the closest thing to actual warping prior to hardmode I think it's worth a shot.

Nah.

We got the other five main characters for the New Warriors TV show announced.

Wait there's a what now?

In addition to Squirrel Girl we have -

You had me at Squirrel Girl.

I'll clear my schedule.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, I get joke, now I am going to click the link and...
tumblr_inline_o4h5mpG9cH1qleu84_500.gif

Ị̶̘̠̓̋̊̊̄ ͕̝̦̳̟͖̓̇̔ͦͅǰ̸͂ͣ̊̐̚͡҉͕͎ư͒ͪ͒͏̪̣̪͕͖̗s̨͎͍͊͑̕t̟͇̙͚̜̤̭ͣ̈́̕ ̶͈̖̦̲͚̦͇̋̑́̆ͣ̚̕g̛̗̖̖͚͐̊̚͟ó̢̘̝͇̹̭̤̭ͫͅ ͚̞̖͋M͆͘͏͇͍͓̙͎̮̳E̴͈̹̙͕͚̘̒͘M̴̠͖͓̺̿ͧ̇̈ͤE͔͙̳̩͇͈ͩ̈́ͮ͘'̡̼̱̅̑ͬ̄͡ͅȨ̍ͧ̓̇̏̾̄͏̰͚̟͇͉͔̱̭͡D̛͍̳̰̊͑ͯ.͖̖̻ͪ̾ͭ͑ͪ̽͐̿̾͘

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Throwing away all the character development and canon just because a spinoff happens to be more possible is the worst thing any director would do their own franchise.
Reminds me of what happened with Rayman and the Rabbids.

Seeing a franchise you love turning in a direction you don't like is very disheartening. While I haven't played any of the Senran Kagura games myself, I hope for your sake that the franchise goes back to its roots.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I get joke, now I am going to click the link and...
View attachment 128202
Ị̶̘̠̓̋̊̊̄ ͕̝̦̳̟͖̓̇̔ͦͅǰ̸͂ͣ̊̐̚͡҉͕͎ư͒ͪ͒͏̪̣̪͕͖̗s̨͎͍͊͑̕t̟͇̙͚̜̤̭ͣ̈́̕ ̶͈̖̦̲͚̦͇̋̑́̆ͣ̚̕g̛̗̖̖͚͐̊̚͟ó̢̘̝͇̹̭̤̭ͫͅ ͚̞̖͋M͆͘͏͇͍͓̙͎̮̳E̴͈̹̙͕͚̘̒͘M̴̠͖͓̺̿ͧ̇̈ͤE͔͙̳̩͇͈ͩ̈́ͮ͘'̡̼̱̅̑ͬ̄͡ͅȨ̍ͧ̓̇̏̾̄͏̰͚̟͇͉͔̱̭͡D̛͍̳̰̊͑ͯ.͖̖̻ͪ̾ͭ͑ͪ̽͐̿̾͘
It could've been a lot worse, it could've been this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1I71ElQjMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom