• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I kinda want Tom & Jerry x WWE to see what the hell could happen. :v

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Something that might be good to know if you're an F2P player of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.

You get 10 Rare Fragments for having 999 of Fire/Water/Light Fragments on hand (which is the max amount of each you can hold as well). So 30 in total.

Rare Fragments are needed for buying DX Weapons, which are incredibly powerful and will boost your ability to take on tougher bosses considerably, even if you are underleveled. So once you have the ability to buy DX weapons, it might be wise to save your Fire/Water/Light Fragments up to 999.

If you want a good way to grind Fragments quickly, get the Lucky gear for the Hammer Lord, and make sure you don't buy a higher tier weapon than that for the Hammer Lord (the reason for this is because you want all 4 players to use the Lucky gear to multiply it's effects, but the CPU teammates won't do that if you own a higher tier of gear, as they always use the highest tier automatically). If you want, consider also buying the DX versions of the Lucky gear (both pieces have 3 Rare Fragments in their cost which isn't too much). Then go back to the early missions that cost 5 Vigour. You'll be powerful enough to beat these in less than 10 seconds without any effort at all (you could even leave the CPU to do the work if you want).

With DX Lucky gear, fully upgraded codexs, and all 4 players using the DX Lucky gear, you get over 100 Fire and Water Fragments from the very first mission (Colossal Waddle Dee). Same goes with missions with Light Fragments.

So you can get 999 of each within a matter of minutes, even if you started from 0.

Also there's Magical Girl gear for the Beam Mage.

Magical Girl Kirby is best waifu.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I guess MK8D's battery life on Switch handheld is more or less the same as BotW being around 3 hours...seems like this will be the norm for big AAA titles...

Still somewhat up in the air but I think I might be picking up MK8D when it comes out (on the 28th if I'm not mistaken so not very long from now), considering I didn't get the Wii U version and this one will include all the DLC from the previous version...it should be worth it at least contentwise...

I also have someone to play with so that also helps as well...it may also give me a good enough idea whether its worth getting a second controller (which will be the Pro controller if I will) since my current multiplayer capabilities are limited to the joy-con...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Noctis won with no competition at all. I guess even fans of his Bros were respectful enough to believe that he has the most realistic chance of them all. Not that I'm complaining.

Now for the last of Final Fantasy CV and Final Fantasy in general. Your choices are Arden, Aranea, Cor, and Iris. Rhythm Heaven will be next as promised and any suggestions are open.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And Twitter is on fire with the uncomfortable and awkward conversations. .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Noctis won with no competition at all. I guess even fans of his Bros were respectful enough to believe that he has the most realistic chance of them all. Not that I'm complaining.

Now for the last of Final Fantasy CV and Final Fantasy in general. Your choices are Arden, Aranea, Cor, and Iris. Rhythm Heaven will be next as promised and any suggestions are open.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And Twitter is on fire with the uncomfortable and awkward conversations. .
Karate Joe
Tibby
Ringside Wrestler
Chorus Kids

You can thank me later.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Karate Joe
Tibby
Ringside Wrestler
Chorus Kids

You can thank me later.
I think I might make two in the end.

There are other good RH candidates like Marshal, Wandering Samurai, Barista Dog, Rhythm Girl, Drum Samurai, and the Monkeys.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@SegaNintendoUbisoft showed me this

Gene Wilder is spinning in his grave.
I see you've come across the inspiration for this masterpiece:

Someone posted that trailer in a chat and it led to a bunch of joke crossovers like.
  • Tom and Jerry a Space Odyssey
  • Tom and Jerry: The Godfather
  • Tom and Jerry: The Silence of the Lambs
Ultimately the idea of Tom and Jerry carrying a dead guy around had me laughing so much I had to go with that one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would be so happy if Pac-Man Maker becomes a real thing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though Nintendo has been tight lipped about it, it looks like the Mercedes-Benz DLC content is still alive in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:

As you can see, Toad is sporting the GLA Tires.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Even though Nintendo has been tight lipped about it, it looks like the Mercedes-Benz DLC content is still alive in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:

These kinds of things always have me a little baffled, although with the backlash it got and Nintendo most likely being this quiet for a reason saying that is pretty redundant.

But then, two of the three franchises crossing over with characters are from a dev team of Nintendo that's utterly infatuated with marketing deals, so maybe they're bros over there. And, well, optional crossover content like this is vastly preferable to them doing something utterly ridiculous like forcing ads onto the online service or something. If you absolutely have to make ad money, then thank you for at least not doing it in a way that actively disrupts my ability to play and navigate your products.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; a Pac-Man Maker might be in the works, huh? Could be interesting depending on how its done.

Now if only Bandai Namco could file/license a trademark for Smash Bros for Switch/Smash Bros 4 port because they would be the obvious developer of these theoretical games... :p

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wait, people got mad because Merc got included in Mario Kart 8?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy (the new title for the Lady Layton game) will be releasing on iOS and Android on July 20, while the 3DS version of the game will be released in North America and Europe this fall. You can read more about it here.

Interesting business approach. I'm contemplating which version will be more worth my money. The mobile version looks tempting because of the earlier release date, but something tells me the 3DS version might have more content, and if that's the case, it might be better worth to wait until fall. Decisions decisions...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy (the new title for the Lady Layton game) will be releasing on iOS and Android on July 20, while the 3DS version of the game will be released in North America and Europe this fall. You can read more about it here.

Interesting business approach. I'm contemplating which version will be more worth my money. The mobile version looks tempting because of the earlier release date, but something tells me the 3DS version might have more content, and if that's the case, it might be better worth to wait until fall. Decisions decisions...
Apparently there is some sort of paywall for the IOS version if you want to beat the game....

Yeah I'm waiting for the 3DS version....

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Apparently there is some sort of paywall for the IOS version if you want to beat the game....

Yeah I'm waiting for the 3DS version....
A paywall? Reminds me of Layton Brothers where it was a similar deal to be that game.

Yeah, 3DS might be the way to go for this one. I can always just follow the spoilers when the iOS version comes out, then try out the puzzles with the 3DS release.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A paywall? Reminds me of Layton Brothers where it was a similar deal to be that game.

Yeah, 3DS might be the way to go for this one. I can always just follow the spoilers when the iOS version comes out, then try out the puzzles with the 3DS release.
I wish Level-5 would show a bit more about this game already though, we still haven't really heard or seen much of the new game yet, other than the new title and that apparently Luke will return. Like, they still haven't shown off any of the new mysteries yet, they can keep the main plot a secret, but they should show a little more. Especially since they don't seem to be hyping the game up very much, (At least, not as much outside of Japan.)

D

Deleted member

Beat Specter of Torment
Damn, this game felt short, then again, I did play half of it in a day.
Gonna do a write up on my thoughts later but, spoiler alert, Specter is best playable Knight

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm going to get Lady Layton on Android. I won't be forced to pirate it that way.

Glad they kept it. It's surreal and out of place, but that's what makes it great.

D

Deleted member

Beat Specter of Torment
Damn, this game felt short, then again, I did play half of it in a day.
Gonna do a write up on my thoughts later but, spoiler alert, Specter is best playable Knight
I still wish we got a Propeller Knight Campaign, King Knight better hold up to the previous three campaigns.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
All of the Order should have gotten playable campaigns.

I don't care if Yatch Club never makes another game, do that instead. I'd buy em all.

D

Deleted member

All of the Order should have gotten playable campaigns.

I don't care if Yatch Club never makes another game, do that instead. I'd buy em all.
I said that in my convos with shisho, but Shisho doesn't like dreams.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The paywall in question is probably just releasing the game in episodes.

You'll probably get the first one or two episodes free and then you have to pay for the remaining episodes as they release. They'll probably trickle those out until the 3DS version is released.

I'd imagine the price would work out to be the same on both versions. You'd just pay in chunks on the mobile version and despite getting it early, would have to buy bits and pieces of it going forward and couldn't just charge through the game. That's how they usually handle these kinds of games on smartphones.

Personally I'm holding off on both versions for now since not having Hershel Layton as the star has made me a little less interested in the series going forward for now. I'll get it eventually though, but it ultimately works out well for me since I can see how the mobile version pans out compared to the 3DS version.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
From what I've heard, Layton Brothers apparently didn't do that well. Which I guess isn't that surprising since I don't recall them marketing that game all that much, especially outside of Japan, it was kind of just there. Hopefully Level-5 will at least ensure that they market this new game well though.

I do agree that currently, I don't really feel it that much for this game either at the moment. Especially since Level-5 hasn't really done much to get me excited for those new characters they dropped on us since late last year (Which I guess I'm in the minority of but yeah....) So I'm waiting to see more of them first.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Personally I'm holding off on both versions for now since not having Hershel Layton as the star has made me a little less interested in the series going forward for now.
hes the main plot point of the game

I dont care if Prof. Layton isnt in it, Its a Layton game and I live for layton games

Last edited:
*proceeds to look up smash emblem on tumblr after WCF mentioned it*

Holy **** man, these are fantastic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom