• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haven't we known about who's developing Hey! Pikmin for a while now? It's not really news.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can't believe that I'm eating oatmeal that's Vanilla Chai flavored and Apple Cheddar flavored. Quaker is definitely running out of ideas.
Who the hell puts cheese in oatmeal? and I thought Poptarts was the epitome of running out of flavor ideas.

Not like I care about oatmeal because pancakes beat that slop you love any day.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There's what.

I need this in my life.
Yes. It was part of a big international flavor contest for Quaker. My mom got 12 of them on sale for twelve dollars.

No matter why they are cheap, these are flavors that not even the mainstream audience would want (cheese oatmeal lol).

Attachments

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I was going to say that but I thought we were associating with characters, not games
I'm totally the Shisho guy tho
Wait..

That reminds me: Did you name yourself after Makoto Shishio?
I'm not really a Rurouni Kenshin guy, but I did hear JesuOtaku talk about him on her anime villains list and he seems pretty cool.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Get it while it's hot.

Got one.

PURCHASE.png

I don't care if it's Sonic '06 all over again, I want that statue.

Yes. It was part of a big international flavor contest for Quaker. My mom got 12 of them on sale for twelve dollars.

No matter why they are cheap, these are flavors that not even the mainstream audience would want (cheese oatmeal lol).
Cheese oatmeal is just trying very hard to be grits.

But that's not important.

What's important is: is it a well done Vanilla Chai flavor?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I just plain hate oatmeal. No one would ever bribe me to eat that lumpy slop again.

My first bowl of it was so bad that I threw up. I would swear to never touch another bowl of it again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I caved.

I bought all of the 3,000 Gem Apples you are allowed to buy in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. I now have a fully upgraded Harvest Tree too.

Was it worth it?

You're goddamn right it was. I get this every 12 hours now.

Also Magalor says this to you when you buy all of them.

DEEPEST LORE

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I hope someone fixes the statue and makes it say wise sayings like 'It's no use!', 'Get a load of this!', 'You're too slow', 'Psshh, nothing personal, kid' and 'I'm outta here' etc

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cheese oatmeal is just trying very hard to be grits.

But that's not important.

What's important is: is it a well done Vanilla Chai flavor?
I can say this, it's the most tolerable flavor of three. At least the Vanilla isn't complete overpowered by cheese unlike Apple Cheddar or Lemon Ricotta Pancake.

I need to sign up for the contest if they plan on having another. I want to make Raisin Walnut Banana Oatmeal a thing. I loved making that in my grade school years.

D

Deleted member

Honestly if they announce a new game, no one will care about whether they apologize or not...

If people do care then that's just beyond petty since they'd actually be giving us what we wanted in the first place...
That's a good occasion for me to say the following:

Another reason I keep on waiting to acquire a Switch, besides the one in my signature, is because I wait for Nintendo to have a better image than it currently has.

Because, despite Switch's current success and BotW's critical acclaim, let's not forget:
- How backward their YouTube program is made
- Their bad habit to lock on-disc content which can only be unlocked by using 15 dollars figure which can be hard to find
- And, mostly, how poorly they treat their other well-received IPs and how they neglect how some of their fans can be great creators with their IPs such as with AM2R, Pokémon Uranium and Project M.

Now if they decide to make a proper Metroid game, and why not another F-Zero or any other game of a franchise a lot of players request for, it'll be a great step forward for their image, and it would even be better if they do like SEGA and engage these capable fans to help creating games in a better rate.

Imagine the next Smash game's development splitted between the creative team with the new characters, stages and such, and the PM team in charge of the balance and adjustments.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And, mostly, how poorly they treat their other well-received IPs and how they neglect how some of their fans can be great creators with their IPs such as with AM2R, Pokémon Uranium and Project M.
well um...they have the right to protect their ips? I doubt you will let someone take an Ip you own without permission, or maybe you will, idk

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I just plain hate oatmeal. No one would ever bribe me to eat that lumpy slop again.

My first bowl of it was so bad that I threw up. I would swear to never touch another bowl of it again.
Yeesh, I've never had an experience with food that bad.

Well, except for one time with some crab rangoons. Long story, nobody wants to hear the ending.

I guess I can understand the distaste though, considering that.

Another reason I keep on waiting to acquire a Switch, besides the one in my signature, is because I wait for Nintendo to have a better image than it currently has.

Because, despite Switch's current success and BotW's critical acclaim, let's not forget:
- Their bad habit to lock on-disc content which can only be unlocked by using 15 dollars figure which can be hard to find
- And, mostly, how poorly they treat their other well-received IPs and how they neglect how some of their fans can be great creators with their IPs such as with AM2R, Pokémon Uranium and Project M.

Now if they decide to make a proper Metroid game, and why not another F-Zero or any other game of a franchise a lot of players request for, it'll be a great step forward for their image, and it would even be better if they do like SEGA and engage these capable fans to help creating games in a better rate.

Imagine the next Smash game's development splitted between the creative team with the new characters, stages and such, and the PM team in charge of the balance and adjustments.
If I held my breath waiting for that to happen people would start calling me bluefeatherraven.

Not a dig at you - I want to see much of that as well - just a shot at Ninty.

I can say this, it's the most tolerable flavor of three.
Tolerable, you say.

Sticking to real Vanilla Chai, then.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
well um...they have the right to protect their ips? I doybt you will let someone take an Ip you own without permission, or maybe you will, idk
I mean if they don't want free fan games of their IPs popping up, that's fine. Like you said, they have a right to that.

However, there's a difference between exercising your right, and doing it intelligently.

When you have fans of your IPs that are clearly capable of making good projects with your IPs (especially with cases like AM2R where there was a very obvious and specific demand for more Metroid that Nintendo hasn't been able or at least willing to keep up with) like fan games and fan art, and your past system was a total flop, AND your new system is having a very slow trickle of big time releases with those IPs...

...then I don't see how anyone can argue that what Nintendo is doing is a good thing for anyone.

By alienating creative fans like that, they only accomplish:
-Angering their fans who already have plenty of reason to be skeptical of them
-Missing out on hiring these talented individuals to develop products for them (like the Sonic franchise)
-Alienating these fan developers, so when they make their own product with their own original IP, they have less of a reason to put it on Nintendo platforms (especially if they end up even remotely like how they were with the Wii U again)

Nobody is arguing that Nintendo "doesn't have the right" to do what they are doing, they absolutely do and that can't be disputed. What people are arguing is, that just because you have the right to do something, does not make it the right thing to do (from a moral or rational standpoint).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I mean if they don't want free fan games of their IPs popping up, that's fine. Like you said, they have a right to that.

However, there's a difference between exercising your right, and doing it intelligently.

When you have fans of your IPs that are clearly capable of making good projects with your IPs (especially with cases like AM2R where there was a very obvious and specific demand for more Metroid that Nintendo hasn't been able or at least willing to keep up with) like fan games and fan art, and your past system was a total flop, AND your new system is having a very slow trickle of big time releases with those IPs...

...then I don't see how anyone can argue that what Nintendo is doing is a good thing for anyone.

By alienating creative fans like that, they only accomplish:
-Angering their fans who already have plenty of reason to be skeptical of them
-Missing out on hiring these talented individuals to develop products for them (like the Sonic franchise)
-Alienating these fan developers, so when they make their own product with their own original IP, they have less of a reason to put it on Nintendo platforms (especially if they end up remotely like how they were with the Wii U again)

Nobody is arguing that Nintendo "doesn't have the right" to do what they are doing, they absolutely do and that can't be disputed. What people are arguing is, that just because you have the right to do something, does not make it the right thing to do (from a moral or rational standpoint).
yeah they did it pretty dumb but hey, Protection of your babies. and thats all Ill really contribute

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait what? I thought you hated pants.

And HAHAHA! It's funny when people think we're a couple. :p That'd be cute funny because I would have never expected to even meet, let alone date a Brazilian dude that loves skirts and weeb stuff. And I'm just some kinky heavily mixed girly dude from THE 'NIGHTED STATES!

But we're both taken by lovely people already.

But at least people make better ships than you do.
Try to imagine riding a dragon without pants
Horses already are but imagine something with sharp scales

AND YOU AIN'T HELPING WITH THE WAY YOU'RE WORDING IT
That reminds me: Did you name yourself after Makoto Shishio?
I'm not really a Rurouni Kenshin guy, but I did hear JesuOtaku talk about him on her anime villains list and he seems pretty cool.
Never heard of the guy until now
Shisho comes from one of the Explorer's Log comics, where Shisho is the nickname given to the female Protector. Which really just means "teacher" in japanese.
Also, yes, this is official.

Bonus fact: Medi-Girl is Medi-Ko in Japan because it's a pun on "girl" being "ko" in Japanese.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

People complain about having to buy figures to unlock content, People complain that the content they unlock isn't worth the price of the figures....If the content unlocked from the figures was worth the price then people would continue to complain some more because "Why do I have to buy the figure to get this content?"...If the figures have no content whatsoever, despite the entire point of the amiibo was to make figures that unlock in game content then people complain that they'd just be pointless toys...This is a good opportunity to say, you can't make everyone happy...
yes they need to make these figures more available (possibly more affordable, especially for us Canadians) but honestly most of the stuff you can unlock from the figures are literally just bonus content...it almost never takes away from the gaming experience if this content isn't in the game at all...like when people complained about the Cave of Shadows added into TPHD a feature that was very obviously not available in the original version meaning it's literally just extra content added to the game....People seem to forget that if there were no amiibos this content wouldn't exist in the first place...and if the content is not worth the price of the amiibo, then don't buy it...

The Switch has only just recently been released, and so far everyone's pretty much only playing one game, we know more games are on the way but there's by no means any rush to get the system right now, e3 is going to be a big determining factor for a lot of people I'm sure regarding content coming for the Switch...In my opinion the Switch's true launch is going to be over the holiday with the release of Super Mario Odyssey, with some other hopeful titles along the way...and no unneeded delays for others...

As far as their image outside of gaming is concerned, that remains to be seen...They just need to continue to give us quality content with less ****ing over fans for being fans....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Shisho comes from one of the Explorer's Log comics, where Shisho is the nickname given to the female Protector. Which really just means "teacher" in japanese.

Bonus fact: Medi-Girl is Medi-Ko in Japan because it's a pun on "girl" being "ko" in Japanese.
I'm more concerned with the fact that the sound effect they chose for her turning her head was, of all things, "screek."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So that Cleveland shooter was found dead in his car.

Anyone using suicide to get out are damn cowards and this is no different. At least he can't harm anymore anymore.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Wait, you think amiibo have too much functionality, when imo the third biggest amiibo functionalities are flavors of green tunics (and it's not even the only way to get a OoT-inspired tunic or even the only way to get a Green Tunic.)
In fact, the acquired gear is even inferior to that piece of gear as it cannot be dyed.

None of the functionality in the amiibo is obligatory and Nintendo doesn't even try to make it that way rn aside from the mostly cosmetic stuff in Breath of the Wild.
Wolf Link is really the only amiibo with worthwhile content and something that seems paywally, with the combination of CoS and Breath of the Wild's functionality
The rest is barely exclusive to the amiibo (Splatoon's exclusive weapons are not even exclusive, Green Tunic is not exclusive to amiibo, most weapons and materials in BoTW amiibo aren't exclusive nor are they the best weapons in the game by a long shot)

Also something something Smash 4 balance is amazing for their amount of characters so I don't see the reason to fap all over melee again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The problem with amiibo is in three parts:
-Badly stocked (it was fixed for a while but it's back again. Hell, where I live, I think amiibo is about to be discontinued)
-Has locked content that can't be obtained because of aforementioned poor stock (the problem isn't like "on-disc DLC", because at least that's still readily available when you want it)
-The content isn't meaningful so not as many people buy them these days so that makes less incentive to make more so the people who actually want the content they provide can't get it because bad stock

IMO amiibo should be about what they were initially advertised for - having a custom version of the figure character, and training them up and being able to take that character to a friend's house. Stuff like unlocking costumes and random materials shouldn't be the norm, it should be an extra in games that absolutely can't fit in proper functionality. The problem is that there are tons of games that COULD facilitate proper functionality yet they never do because Nintendo is too lazy (they know there is a hardcore fanbase for amiibo that will collect every single one regardless of functionality).

It'd also help if Nintendo just took a break from releasing so many alternate versions of the same characters (*coughLinkcough*) and actually reprinted the ones people want but can't get. They should also make an F2P amiibo game where you need amiibo to play, it's way past time they make a game like that. Something like Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, but it's like a substantial adventure game/RPG that at least uses the first-party amiibo characters, and they level up and grow and you save it to the figure and all that jazz. Like people have been asking for this since amiibo came out yet they don't seem to get the message.

People seem to forget that if there were no amiibos this content wouldn't exist in the first place
You don't really know that for certain. Nintendo has never said that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
well you certainly cant get the hat, pants, tunic of time from chests and Epona isnt in the wild so thats an example of something amiibo locked
You misunderstand.

Aetheri said that this kind of content wouldn't have existed in the game if amiibo didn't exist. That the developers would have consciously decided to not add that content if amiibo weren't around.

But there's absolutely nothing implying that they wouldn't have. They very well could have just added this content as standard unlockable content, or at least readily-available DLC, if the amiibo never existed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You misunderstand.

Aetheri said that this kind of content wouldn't have existed in the game if amiibo didn't exist. That the developers would have consciously decided to not add that content if amiibo weren't around.

But there's absolutely nothing implying that they wouldn't have. They very well could have just added this content as standard unlockable content, or at least readily-available DLC, if the amiibo never existed.
oh, ****, ooops :079:

D

Deleted member

As if your wording doesn't tend to imply the same thing. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The problem with amiibo is in three parts:
-Badly stocked (it was fixed for a while but it's back again. Hell, where I live, I think amiibo is about to be discontinued)
-Has locked content that can't be obtained because of aforementioned poor stock (the problem isn't like "on-disc DLC", because at least that's still readily available when you want it)
-The content isn't meaningful so not as many people buy them these days so that makes less incentive to make more so the people who actually want the content they provide can't get it because bad stock

IMO amiibo should be about what they were initially advertised for - having a custom version of the figure character, and training them up and being able to take that character to a friend's house. Stuff like unlocking costumes and random materials shouldn't be the norm, it should be an extra in games that absolutely can't fit in proper functionality. The problem is that there are tons of games that COULD facilitate proper functionality yet they never do because Nintendo is too lazy (they know there is a hardcore fanbase for amiibo that will collect every single one regardless of functionality).

It'd also help if Nintendo just took a break from releasing so many alternate versions of the same characters (*coughLinkcough*) and actually reprinted the ones people want but can't get. They should also make an F2P amiibo game where you need amiibo to play, it's way past time they make a game like that. Something like Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, but it's like a substantial adventure game/RPG that at least uses the first-party amiibo characters, and they level up and grow and you save it to the figure and all that jazz. Like people have been asking for this since amiibo came out yet they don't seem to get the message.

You don't really know that for certain. Nintendo has never said that.
Perhaps poor wording on my part, but the content is added into the game with the amiibo in mind...

Perhaps it could have been added if there were no amiibo as DLC (then it's still behind a paywall and people would still complain) but often times amiibo adds nothing more than just a reskin...and pretty much every time they are simple bonus content anyways...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Perhaps poor wording on my part, but the content is added into the game with the amiibo in mind...

Perhaps it could have been added if there were no amiibo as DLC (then it's still behind a paywall and people would still complain) but often times amiibo adds nothing more than just a reskin...and pretty much every time they are simple bonus content anyways...
When I said DLC, I didn't necessarily say paid DLC (plus I doubt it even would be). And even if it was, it certainly wouldn't be €15 (I'd wager €2 at most for costumes and such). You pay for the figure with amiibo, meaning that even if one amiibo has lots of meaningful stuff tied to it and the other has barely anything, you pay the same €15 price tag regardless. If they weren't tied to amiibo and were individually sold, the price could at least be based on the actual content, not the figure.

Either way, the main selling point of amiibo shouldn't be bonus content, it should just be the ability to save character progression data to one figure that can be used with multiple games and can be taken to a friend's house.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
@SegaNintendoUbisoft showed me this

Gene Wilder is spinning in his grave.
As another Tom & Jerry movie once said:

After the Tom & Jerry Wizard of Oz and those Scooby Doo/Flintstones/Jetsons WWE films, Warner Bros. isn't surprising me with these direct-to-DVD movies anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom