• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought Lightning was presented as the leader of that group.

I have kept up with the Smash community. I was actively involved in a lot of discussions when Rosalina was revealed (as well as before) and not once have I seen the phrase, "Nintendo's Lightning" until now. A quick google search brings up some forum threads discussing it, so I guess I was just involved in other talk involving Rosalina and not that.

Also, please don't make assumptions of things I "clearly" haven't done. It really annoys me.
Lightning wasn't the leader. If anything it was Kain and the Warrior of Light, they were pulling the strings. Lightning just rebels against their original plan (which was a pretty dumb plan).

I was being sarcastic with that comment so sorry if it offended you.

But in general, Rosalina has had a hatebase since she got into Smash. If it isn't the roster speculation community, it's the competitive community hating her for how she plays in-game, to the point of wanting her removed from the series. A vocal hatebase didn't really exist before then. Goes to show how silly the Smash/Nintendo community is personally.

D

Deleted member

I'm of the opinion that Capcom should've stuck with Inafune's original vision by ending the X series at 5 and having the Zero series be the direct sequel to that game. Oh well... It's far too late for me to say that, and I wouldn't mind a 16-bit X9 at this point.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post
I'm of the opinion that Capcom should've stuck with Inafune's original vision by ending the X series at 5 and having the Zero series be the direct sequel to that game. Oh well... It's far too late for me to say that, and I wouldn't mind a 16-bit X9 at this point.
I'm glad they continued. **** that scumbag crook Inafune.

D

Deleted member

Zero has this habit of dying and returning in the X series, which is repeated in the Zero series because ZX exists and it's essentially his soul anyway. Then in the Zero series X dies from getting ganked in his sleep which is the most anti climactic end to one of the greatest video game characters.

We're long past the story being redeemable anyway, so might as well just focus on enjoying the gameplay if a new one comes out. Worked out for Classic.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel like the only MMZ game that really suffer when it come to the plot was the first one. You could tell that they had to change ALOT of things due to MMX6 and due to this, the plot and the character feel kinda bland.
Thankfully, the series begin slowy to adapt to the retcon and as the games went on. The characters and the plot becomed more interesting and likeable. Making you even more excited to cut down robot with you Z-saber.
Oh and, Mega Man story were never "great" to begin with. It's always the character, the world and the gameplay that make you care about what was happening. The Zero series is probably the one with the best plot, but like I mention, the retcon caused several problem that the Zero series needed to adapt to. And while it's not perfect, it's alot better than "defeat Wily/Sigma for the 100 times".

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Then in the Zero series X dies from getting ganked in his sleep which is the most anti climactic end to one of the greatest video game characters.
A robot being killed (or destroyed) in their sleep is the silliest thing I've heard since twisting a turkey's nipple on a Sunday morning.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A robot being killed (or destroyed) in their sleep is the silliest thing I've heard since twisting a turkey's nipple on a Sunday morning.
What about a man accidentally creating a hamburger monster and adopting him, only for the hamburger monster to pretend to act evil so it can be killed by the good guys to no longer burden the good man?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I was going to say something about turkeys not having nipples.

Then I found the artwork.

I have no further objections to your statement.

But many questions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was going to say something about turkeys not having nipples.

Then I found the artwork.

I have no further objections to your statement.

But many questions.
I wasn't actually aware of any artwork.

The reason it's silly is because they have none.

And nobody twists nipples on a Sunday morning either. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I just heard that there was a new Castlevania Pachinko machine.

Oh please, give Castlevania fan a break Konami. It's the 30th anniversary of one of your best franchise you know?

D

Deleted member

So I just heard that there was a new Castlevania Pachinko machine.

Oh please, give Castlevania fan a break Konami. It's the 30th anniversary of one of your best franchise you know?
What?! Another goshdarn pachinko machine?!

*Googles*

Okay... Well I doubt Konami will be done with pachinko anytime soon, as long as they print money for the company.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What?! Another goshdarn pachinko machine?!

*Googles*

Okay... Well I doubt Konami will be done with pachinko anytime soon, as long as they print money for the company.
Being a Castlevania fan must be like hell, gosh, I hope Bloodstained will be better than Mighty No.9 and have a better reception than Yooka-Laylee, can we have one kickstarter project than use nostalgia as it's selling point who can be as good or even better than the original? The world may never know...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I think I see another Castlevania game in the near future.

Super Bomberman R did very well and Konami did say its success could lead to more classic revivals.

So a new pachinko thing doesn't really bother me as much.

Still, this is Konami, they could destroy any amount of goodwill they have with people at any minute.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As far as marketing goes, the Pachinko's are just another source of income for Konami....

If Super Bomberman R is anything to go by, they may not be completely done with actually making video games with their other IPs either...

I wouldn't hold my breath though...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Speaking of Konami, is Metal Gear Survive dead? Because if so, looks like that game couldn't

Survive

D

Deleted member

Being a Castlevania fan must be like hell, gosh, I hope Bloodstained will be better than Mighty No.9 and have a better reception than Yooka-Laylee, can we have one kickstarter project than use nostalgia as it's selling point who can be as good or even better than the original? The world may never know...
TBH, I'm fine with their being no new games yet because I'd rather have no new games given Konami's current state, unless they eventually change of course. I mean, I wouldn't mind a decent game like Super Bomberman R, but nothing for the time being is better than something like Metal Gear Survive.

It's just cool we're even getting stuff like an animated series.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While on Konami, we still have no news on the Super Bomberman R DLC. They said info would come out in "the next few days" but that was WEEKS ago.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
As long as the Netflix Castlevania series doesn't put too much focus on the "erotic violence" thing used on the Pachinkos everything will be fine.

View attachment 128123

Seems like a lot of people are doing stupid things just to get attention nowadays. First the guy in Cleveland, and now THIS?!
Bruh, one is a shooter on the large and another was random dude attempting to pee in public.

The kinda good thing is that the +15 kills the CLE shooter boasted about were confirmed fake, however the FB shooting is real and federal law enforcement is tracking him.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Blasphemy!

That's unholy!
Well, yes, blasphemy is unholy by definition.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I've been going to hell ever since, true story, my ex and I did it in the backseat while parked next to a church.

Really, after that everything else is just gravy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I've been going to hell ever since, true story, my ex and I did it in the backseat while parked next to a church.

Thats good to know, I guess?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Please, everyone's going to hell regardless because Jesus is ****ing pissed about Westboro misinterpretting how he hates figs
EDIT: I JUST wanted to be sure people would assume I made a typo. I meant figs as in the fruit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there ever does exist a proper new Castlevania game, I have a feeling Konami would be better off outsourcing it.

D

Deleted member

As long as the Netflix Castlevania series doesn't put too much focus on the "erotic violence" thing used on the Pachinkos everything will be fine.
Exactly.

I wouldn't mind some gay erotic violence on the side though. :p

D

Deleted member

Alucard X Richter is the only acceptable answer I can think of
THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE I ALREADY MENTIONED IT AS MY OTP AWHILE AGO

Along with how it's not weird since Alucard being Trevor's Dad is no longer canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom