• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well, I had it on my PS3. . .which stopped updating at 1.2.4 and I've shelved it to have an HDMI port for the Switch anyway since the poor PS3 was just collecting dust at this point. . .and I had it on a mobile phone that I no longer have service for and was also an extremely far behind version.

So it's been. . .multiple times, but for various reasons it wouldn't have been very convenient to pull out and they were kind of inferior.
I see.

Well, I think I have to advise the PC version for two reasons.

One, it's going to be the most up-to-date version going forward. I actually assumed they'd stopped updating, but no, they've had new content releases all throughout 2016.

Two:
upload_2017-4-17_1-12-34.png

It's six bucks. Seriously that's like a fast food combo.

Even if you get it on Switch later as well, you won't exactly be out much extra.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I see.

Well, I think I have to advise the PC version for two reasons.

One, it's going to be the most up-to-date version going forward. I actually assumed they'd stopped updating, but no, they've had new content releases all throughout 2016.

Two:
View attachment 128109

It's six bucks. Seriously that's like a fast food combo.

Even if you get it on Switch later as well, you won't exactly be out much extra.
I already just did it precisely because it had dropped that low today.

Contemplating a character name at the moment, LOL.

The latest content is a crossover, actually. Some game called Dungeon Defenders 2 allowed their stuff to be borrowed, and in exchange they got to make the Dryad a playable character in their game.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Contemplating a character name at the moment, LOL.
Ms. Finklebottom.

I don't name good.

I should really post a pic of me sometime.

Then you'd see how much bull**** it is for me to recommend such a thing. :laugh:
I'm still intending to celebrate Discount Cadbury Creme Egg Day.

I can't say ****.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
There's some level of satisfaction when you bust a dude trying to pee on your garden.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been searching the definitions of some words once in a while lately to double check to make sure I have a proper grasp on what they mean just in case. In this case because I was looking for character name ideas to fit a proper "feel."

I managed to be pretty much correct with what I looked up this time give or take some intensity of specifics, but somehow discovered an unfamiliar word through a secondary definition.

Let it be known that I know nothing about fabrics.

There's some level of satisfaction when you bust a dude trying to pee on your garden.

Whhhhhhhhh-

What happened here??

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Whhhhhhhhh-

What happened here??
Drunko tried to pee on my plants, I opened a window and flashed him with... well a flashlight, dude zipped his pants and got back to his car and did number 1 on one of his tires.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Perhaps.

But I'm certainly not eating your vegetables now.
if he was growing lemons, they would of grown big because acid and acidic fruits go together like spots on a cow
Drunko tried to pee on my plants, I opened a window and flashed him with... well a flashlight, dude zipped his pants and got back to his car and did number 1 on one of his tires.
well this sounds casual

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well uh... happy late Easter! I've been doing homework for pretty much the entire day, so I haven't exactly been around because of that. Hello again guys! Sakurai is still as humorous as ever with Kirby! Still want to ask him about what he thinks of certain characters chances in Smash and whatnot, but that's irrelevant right now! :p

I am now going to predict this post will be eaten up by other posts and almost nobody will realize I posted at this hour. :)

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You know, I have to say I never got the "Nintendo's Lightning" label that people kept throwing around, at least not from who the term was used for.

From my understanding, the term basically means a character that was forced into promotion and prominence regardless of their previous popularity or notability in the franchise. The reason being because Lightning was (supposedly, I didn't follow FF too much at the time) heavily pushed from the get-go with FF13 and that continued into FF13 LR and was thus 'forced' into the spotlight unwarranted. However, looking at the characters people kept applying it to, it doesn't really work for most of them. For example, with Rosalina Nintendo didn't start pushing her until years after her debut. Hell, between the Galaxy games and 3D World, her only appearances were spinoffs like Mario Kart, so right from the start the comparison doesn't work as they gave her time to see how her popularity held rather then start right away. Additionally, the character was very popular when she debuted, I remember the positive reception she got with Galaxy and I similarly remember the disappointment when she was downplayed in the sequel. So it's not like the character started from nothing and Nintendo pushed her into prominence, she started with a great base in popularity and Nintendo continued off of that. So on both counts, you don't have a character that was 'forced' into the spotlight, you have a character that the company saw was very well-liked character and decided to make her a mainstay. That doesn't make her 'forced', that makes her a character who earned her way into being one of the most well known characters in her franchise. Same with characters like Lucario, Isabeau and the like, yeah they're new characters that are now in the spotlight with older ones, but the reason why they're there is because after seeing their popularity over time it was capitalized on, not because the company made them into that role.

So really, it does seem like the "Lightning" terminology is more geared towards throwing shade at newer characters becoming mainstays rather then an actual critique of how it happened. There's not a lot of reason to call Rosalina a "Lightning" unless you just don't care for the character and how she's used nowadays, as it's not like her popularity has come out of nowhere. There was a case to be made for her to grow and become a mainstay and that's what happened over time, it wasn't sudden or forced, it was gradual and took some gauging. So it's not exactly fair to call her a "Lightning" in that regard, she did earn her keep, and that rise does seem to be warranted.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Some day I gotta go to a huge music festival like Coachella, or at the very least a huge concert. Some of these artist had the most amazing performances; Porter Robinson and Madeon, Kendrick Lamar, Little Dragon, etc. I'm def going to have to watch a rerun of Justice at some point since that coincided with Kendrick's show, also only saw bits of Mac DeMarco, but def gotta catch up with that too. Was also really interested in catching Radiohead, but my internet crapped out on me when they aired. Loads of new artists/groups I'll be following too, Klangstof, Oh Wonder, Sampha, and more.

To put it all simply, it was a great experience, one I'd love to physically experience.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know, I have to say I never got the "Nintendo's Lightning" label that people kept throwing around, at least not from who the term was used for.

From my understanding, the term basically means a character that was forced into promotion and prominence regardless of their previous popularity or notability in the franchise. The reason being because Lightning was (supposedly, I didn't follow FF too much at the time) heavily pushed from the get-go with FF13 and that continued into FF13 LR and was thus 'forced' into the spotlight unwarranted. However, looking at the characters people kept applying it to, it doesn't really work for most of them. For example, with Rosalina Nintendo didn't start pushing her until years after her debut. Hell, between the Galaxy games and 3D World, her only appearances were spinoffs like Mario Kart, so right from the start the comparison doesn't work as they gave her time to see how her popularity held rather then start right away. Additionally, the character was very popular when she debuted, I remember the positive reception she got with Galaxy and I similarly remember the disappointment when she was downplayed in the sequel. So it's not like the character started from nothing and Nintendo pushed her into prominence, she started with a great base in popularity and Nintendo continued off of that. So on both counts, you don't have a character that was 'forced' into the spotlight, you have a character that the company saw was very well-liked character and decided to make her a mainstay. That doesn't make her 'forced', that makes her a character who earned her way into being one of the most well known characters in her franchise. Same with characters like Lucario, Isabeau and the like, yeah they're new characters that are now in the spotlight with older ones, but the reason why they're there is because after seeing their popularity over time it was capitalized on, not because the company made them into that role.

So really, it does seem like the "Lightning" terminology is more geared towards throwing shade at newer characters becoming mainstays rather then an actual critique of how it happened. There's not a lot of reason to call Rosalina a "Lightning" unless you just don't care for the character and how she's used nowadays, as it's not like her popularity has come out of nowhere. There was a case to be made for her to grow and become a mainstay and that's what happened over time, it wasn't sudden or forced, it was gradual and took some gauging. So it's not exactly fair to call her a "Lightning" in that regard, she did earn her keep, and that rise does seem to be warranted.
Lotta people didn't think she'd appear outside of Galaxy. Not sure why. In retrospect it seems obvious that every notable Mario character will get milked to some extent. Unless Square owns you. :p

But to be fair, Nintendo started pushing her right after Galaxy. Just because it's a spin-off doesn't mean it's exempt from constituting being pushed. People thought her appearance in MKWii undermined her as a character. Maybe because she had actually received more characterization than most Mario characters. Maybe because people would now know her from her imminent dozens of spin-off appearances over her actual important one. I didn't really care, but once I saw her in MK Wii it was pretty easy to tell the writing would be on the wall and she was now spin-off bound.

I guess people might call her a Lightning because they didn't much call for her appearance in spin-off Mario games, but that happened anyway. Seemed pretty much to be expected. And to their point she doesn't often seem super requested to turn up in things she does turn up in, despite the fact that she is a popular Mario character. Though personally I hadn't heard her being called that til now.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So last night after I posted that Megaman X6 song, I ran into this guy's MMX retrospective videos.

He pretty much rips X7 apart, predictably. But somehow his X6 review was even more negative.

Also I didn't notice but after seeing his points here I kinda agree that X7 seemed more like it should've been a brand new Megaman series with Axl as the main character, because the game makes zero sense (like even more than usual for a post X4 game) otherwise.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So last night after I posted that Megaman X6 song, I ran into this guy's MMX retrospective videos.

He pretty much rips X7 apart, predictably. But somehow his X6 review was even more negative.

Also I didn't notice but after seeing his points here I kinda agree that X7 seemed more like it should've been a brand new Megaman series with Axl as the main character, because the game makes zero sense (like even more than usual for a post X4 game) otherwise.
You mean a post X5 game right? (Since it was supposed to be the end of the X series, with the Zero series taking over. But X6 changed everything and thus, the plot of MMZ1 had to be changed)
Speaking of X5, I still question how after 3 year between X4 and this game, the final result wasn't more...polished I guess? Don't get me wrong, X5 is a fine game, better than X6 and X7 for sure. But there is so much strange and sometime annoying thing that you ask yourself what went wrong during the developpement of the game. (Hello Alia)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
LMAOOOOO
I just saw a news article about United Airlines trying to damage control heavily by no longer giving their staff passenger seats last minute...Under that article was the headline "United Airlines at it again, married couple kicked off of plane"

D

Deleted member

Why did someone like a post of mine from 3 years ago in the Robin Social? Why would someone be going through those pages? Why?

Anyways, matching icons for you and the squad
Screenshot_2017-04-17-06-59-02-1.png
Screenshot_2017-04-17-06-59-02-2.png
Screenshot_2017-04-17-06-59-02-3.png

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
LMAOOOOO
I just saw a news article about United Airlines trying to damage control heavily by no longer giving their staff passenger seats last minute...Under that article was the headline "United Airlines at it again, married couple kicked off of plane"
UNITED HINEY.PNG

I apologize for the censorship but supposedly there's young and fragile psyches lurking about.

Why did someone like a post of mine from 3 years ago in the Robin Social? Why would someone be going through those pages? Why?
Brb going through Shishoe's old posts.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I'll take that Sucy icon
Just watched Episode 15 of Little Witch Academia :
Remember how you compare Deku from My Hero Academia and Akko?
They both have inspired from their Idol, All Might for Deku, and Shiny Chariot for Akko. All Might and Shiny Chariot has even more stuff in common. Both have to hide their weak identity in some sort. In this this episode, it is revealed that Shiny Chariot is also getting weak, similar to how like All Might is getting weak. And now the world setting is even more interesting.
And Shiny Chariot in that suit was sexy.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 128116

I apologize for the censorship but supposedly there's young and fragile psyches lurking about.

Brb going through Shishoe's old posts.
There's no reason to apologize for censorship in the form of bleeped out words, oftentimes it has a tendency to have it's own humor.

This is one of those cases IMO. It's pretty high quality as far as censorship goes.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
There's no reason to apologize for censorship in the form of bleeped out words, oftentimes it has a tendency to have it's own humor.

This is one of those cases IMO. It's pretty high quality as far as censorship goes.
It would've been a great deal better if I'd had three more lines worth of room.

Related side note for Finklebottom's run, which I suppose now is a good time as any to throw out:

upload_2017-4-17_6-50-23.png

It's been living up to the name.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been replaying Robobot and I'm on the last world. It's gonna take HAL a LOT of work in order to beat Robobot's sheer quality. Fun puzzles, great and new aesthetics for the franchise, AMAZING music, solid gameplay, Robobot doesn't feel like a gimmick, the game's more cinematic, the story's surprisingly darker, shame that they didn't fit these 2 things that were intended
Susie was going to be a robot made by the Haltmann CEO. Anyone who knows about Haltmann's backstory would understand why and would feel very sad. Heavy Lobster was originally planned but the dev team thought adding Heavy Lobster would have been a bit too much pandering considering how much fanservice was in the game to begin with

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It would've been a great deal better if I'd had three more lines worth of room.

Related side note for Finklebottom's run, which I suppose now is a good time as any to throw out:

View attachment 128121

It's been living up to the name.
Every time you bring up the names for things in your run it just gets a little bit more amazing.

Expert is being attempted on my end for reasons beyond even my own understanding (although with a Softcore character because I don't hate myself). I can't tell how much dying is because I have absolutely no grasp on the controls and how much is because it's harder, although I'm leaning towards the not having a grasp on the controls. There's zombies that have started using bludgeoning weapons wandering around at night that hit like trucks though and I get the feeling that's not just the usual. I need. . .better armor.

I have a very bad feeling about how the bosses are going to end.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Every time you bring up the names for things in your run it just gets a little bit more amazing.

Expert is being attempted on my end for reasons beyond even my own understanding (although with a Softcore character because I don't hate myself). I can't tell how much dying is because I have absolutely no grasp on the controls and how much is because it's harder, although I'm leaning towards the not having a grasp on the controls. There's zombies that have started using bludgeoning weapons wandering around at night that hit like trucks though and I get the feeling that's not just the usual. I need. . .better armor.

I have a very bad feeling about how the bosses are going to end.
Point by point:

Sadly I'm out of things I can officially name and my building style is rather spartan and boring, but I'll let you know if any of that changes.

Finklebottom's running Softcore as well, and judging by her tendency to chunky salsa herself she's really taken the idea of a soft core to heart.

The controls are a whole new beast from console, but if your run is anything like mine the death ratio is probably 25/75 between "What's Keyboard Precious?" and "Holy **** Why Won't This Slime Die?" respectively.

The bludgeoning weapons are their own arms. Or maybe their neighbor's. I doubt they're picky. Someone's arm. They're unique to Expert, and the armaments (yes, yes, I'll see myself out) give them increased range and damage on top of their doubled stats. I've been taking the Nope Rope up to my free-floating hostel and ignoring them entirely, and I'll continue to do so until I have a yo-yo.

Most of the bosses shouldn't be a problem so much as a slog, but Duke Fishron was already hell, and now he's going to take twice as long to kill. I don't relish the thought.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I got a like the other day for a comment I posted all the way back when Wii Fit Trainer was confirmed, I wonder if it was the same guy, I guess someone's just going through a few old threads to catch up on some pre smash 4 shenanigans....

D

Deleted member

I'm of the opinion that Zero series should've been it's own thing and trying to connect the X series leads to a lot of bad writing and things that just don't add up.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lightning pretty much nailed it. She is the main character after all. I did see some Sazh love however, because he's got a freaking Chocobo chick in his Afro.

Next would be the remainder of the Final Fantasy XIII party with the two main protagonists of its sequel. Your chowelcome vest are Hope, Fang, Serah, and Noel.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Phew, so close to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom