• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Princess Ashelia had won. It was a no brainer either way since the story revolves around her despite Vaan being the main character.

Moving on, we begin to enter the self proclaimed successor to Final Fantasy VII in terms of popularity that got at least two sequels at the time compared to other games. Your Final Fantasy XIII choices seller Sazh, Vanille, Snow, and Lightning. Hopefully this won't start any "Final Fantasy XIII is ****" arguments since most fans need to move on.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm being completely serious here.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That poor old man. He lived so long and loved so hard. And he just looked like he was walking home minding his own business from the store and some asshole decides his life has to end because his girlfriend broke up with him. It's completely unfair to get that far in life and see so much and do so much and it end like that when you least expect it.

Let alone broadcast online to the entire world.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Princess Ashelia had won. It was a no brainer either way since the story revolves around her despite Vaan being the main character.

Moving on, we begin to enter the self proclaimed successor to Final Fantasy VII in terms of popularity that got at least two sequels at the time compared to other games. Your Final Fantasy XIII choices seller Sazh, Vanille, Snow, and Lightning. Hopefully this won't start any "Final Fantasy XIII is ****" arguments since most fans need to move on.

Except Final Fantasy XIII is literally 8 years old by now.

Most fans likely have moved on since the trilogy isn't relevant anymore and XV likely distracts them from that as the superior game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Except Final Fantasy XIII is literally 8 years old by now.

Most fans likely have moved on since the trilogy isn't relevant anymore and XV likely distracts them from that as the superior game.
You'd be surprised how much I still see ''Lightning sucks" and you ask ''Well, why?" and they have no solid answer.

Same for the Lightning trilogy in general. It's STILL the cool thing to hate Final Fantasy XIII just because.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

As a big FFXIII fan, I'd probably just go with Lightning on the sole basis that she has the most moveset potential by far, with three games under her belt (not counting other FF spin-offs since they just use the moves from the XIII trilogy anyway). Not to mention the entire Schemata system from Lightning Returns gives her a ton of versatility and utility.

Vanille's weapon would be really unique though, being a staff/whip thing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You'd be surprised how much I still see ''Lightning sucks" and you ask ''Well, why?" and they have no solid answer.

Same for the Lightning trilogy in general. It's STILL the cool thing to hate Final Fantasy XIII just because.
Well 13 did kinda suck. I also didn't really like the whole main characters outside Lightning and Snow.

D

Deleted member

I'm really liking Re:Creators, the whole idea of stories in media being other worlds and the authors being considered "Gods" by those in them is interesting.
Also, it goes full on meta with the characters speculating that this whole thing of them finding out the truth and being transported to the "World of Gods" is just another pre-determined story.
And, well, they are right but they won't find that out unless we get REALLY meta
Square doesn't actually own the songs iirc, but Nobuo whatshisface does and has them copyrighted which makes it pretty awkward to use

Sadly it isn't too important, Nintendo barely showed anything off about Ever Oasis which means it's gonna flop imo
Who the **** cares about Ever Oasis? I'm talking about real EO aka Masochist's Build-Your-Party Fun Tree of Japanese Dungeon Crawler feat. ****-y Deers and Thief Squirrels
like it or not, Persona q is a really fun game. Im not even sure why you hate Peraona q so much
There's just not much sense to it, the Persona fanbase is mainly on Sony consoles because that's where they're released and for the EO one it's just a watered-down version of the main series.
And you can break the game so easily it's laughable.

I guess there's some fun to be had if you're a Persona fan and see it as a Persona game, but as an EO one, it fails at a lot of the improvements the series has done up until this point and has none of the difficulty you can expect from one.
The one cool thing though, is the changing Stratum Floors but those are just for one of them and it kills the point of even mapping the area

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So I'm browsing PS Store and notice the most ridiculous spelling of the word Bikini.

I know it's stylized but it doesn't make it any less stupid.
Oh goodness, I can only imagine the reviews for that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's something I thought some of you might appreciate. Sakurai at the Kirby 25th Anniversary Concert that happened today.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Here's something I thought some of you might appreciate. Sakurai at the Kirby 25th Anniversary Concert that happened today.

I swear to God he looks younger every time I see him

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So I'm browsing PS Store and notice the most ridiculous spelling of the word Bikini.

I know it's stylized but it doesn't make it any less stupid.
GRREAAT WERRIORS FROM THE NORSE KINGDOM THOU AART IN THIS LAND, THIS IS THE DAY WHERE WE RAISE OUR CUPS IN VINCTORY AT THE SHORES OF OUR GLORIOUS TERRITORRRGH *COUGH* AND BEHOLDE THIS STUNNING VALKYRIES ROAM THE SKAYES IN THEIR MAGNOFICENT BHIKKHUNIS *COUGH*

Im so sorry.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Sudden attacks against those in peace are absolutely despicable - No one should ever have a drive to commit horrendous acts of violence against innocent people who have no relationship or involvement with your life; nor should you feel free to take their lives. It's deplorable, and I hope that this man is brought to justice.

My heart goes out to all those affected by this tragedy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It's good to see Sakurai supporting his first born after he disowned him and subsequently refused to acknowledge the majority of his accomplishments since then. xPPP

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

You know what this means.

Kirby confirmed for Sma... wait.

D

Deleted member

FF13
-Combat is too auto piloty for my tastes.
-Game is practically tunnel based for a majority of it. Aka super linear.
FF13 Trilogy
-Story is bizarre (and that's saying something if I mention this about an FF series!).
-Lightning goes from a modern outfit from 1, to a fantasy outfit in 2, to a sexualized batman outfit in 3. Like wut?
Outside stuff
The guy who designed the character had this weird obsession over her, and they also kept trying to force feed her to us in hopes we would like her.

It's no wonder many dislike her.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I swear to God he looks younger every time I see him
He really looks younger.
52IifMy2.png

He probably reverse aged a bit after finishing development for Smash 4

Chrono.

FF13
-Combat is too auto piloty for my tastes.
-Game is practically tunnel based for a majority of it. Aka super linear.
FF13 Trilogy
-Story is bizarre (and that's saying something if I mention this about an FF series!).
-Lightning goes from a modern outfit from 1, to a fantasy outfit in 2, to a sexualized batman outfit in 3. Like wut?
Outside stuff
The guy who designed the character had this weird obsession over her, and they also kept trying to force feed her to us in hopes we would like her.

It's no wonder many dislike her.
Now that I think about it, I could apply most of these things to 15 as well.

Outside of the Lightning stuff anyway, because Noctis was actually a very good character in a mediocre package.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Outside stuff
1) Source on weird obsession?

2) When and where was she force fed? When talking outside of her own series, she only ever showed up in the same FF ensemble games every other FF character did. She's also legitimately one of Japan's most loved FF characters, even to this day, if this "which FF character should appear in a Kingdom Hearts title?" poll held by Famitsu is anything to go by.

I also conducted my own English equivalent of the questions from this poll, and Lightning is still 2nd.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lightning is basically the Rosalina, Silver or Lucario of Final Fantasy.

Character is ultimately fine.

D

Deleted member

No one ever said anything bad about Lightning McQueen, IDK what you're talking about.

Lucario's Smash gimmick is dumb though, in all seriousness

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I guess there's some fun to be had if you're a Persona fan and see it as a Persona game
Thats literally HOW you are supposed to see it. So you are mad for no damn reason
Hope you feel better soon. What is it? A fever? Common cold?
No idea, I just randomly threw up. My sister did the same thing before they found out she had pancrititus and her galbladder ****ed up...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Can't say I agree. I find that most of the FF13 characters tend to drone on and on about the same stuff. Lightning in particular was rather boring. But at least she's not Hope. So that's a plus.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

But people like those other characters (except Silver maybe. Idk don't really follow Sonic fanbase).

D

Deleted member

Thats literally HOW you are supposed to see it. So you are mad for no damn reason

No idea, I just randomly threw up. My sister did the same thing before they found out she had pancrititus and he galbladder ****ed up...
No, it's a crossover, you're supposed to see it as one or both
It's like saying Hyrule Warriors is just a Zelda game when it's not
Some are going to see it by the fact it has Zelda characters and stuff, others for the DW gameplay and some for both.
PQ looks to me like a bad attempt at a crossover where it's a bad EO game, a Persona game I can't enjoy unless I'm already a fan or a bad fusion of the two

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

She's not even comparable to those because those aren't even the main protagonists of their games, they're just fan favourites (though tbh I wouldn't even put Silver in that camp, he isn't very popular. I'd put Shadow or Blaze there instead), who now are treated somewhat like main characters due to them being so beloved.

Lightning is just another FF protagonist, and is treated as such in most spin-off games. Just like how Cloud reps FFVII, Lightning reps FFXIII. She also just so happens to be one of the more popular ones, especially in Japan because of some weird cultural reasons (something to do with her being a "symbol of strength" or something?). She's received a decent bit of independent merchandising and promotion but nowhere near the level of Cloud. Even Noctis has more I'd say and he's barely been around. A large part of why she's popular is because she's the one, definitive female FF main protagonist that nobody can argue isn't the main protagonist of her FF game (FFVI had Terra/Tina but from what I hear, she's not even the "main" protagonist per se, even though she's usually the spin-off rep, other characters in the game are just as important as her).

All of the complaining about Lightning being "forced" is just a vocal minority who are in denial about her being a beloved FF character, and being in denial that people can actually like the FFXIII games. We've got plenty of evidence to show she's well liked, and her treatment isn't much different than any other FF protagonist who starred in an FF game with great sales (FFXIII sold really well).

Just watch, in about 5 more years, you'll see the term "Nintendo's Noctis" being thrown around because obviously Noctis was ALWAYS this forced character NOBODY liked. :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hope so. I need to stop browsing the thread in bed.

[EDIT]: Nope, has vocals. Another time. For now, plan B.

Night peeps. Happy Cadbury Creme Egg Discount Eve.
I tend to enjoy that song with vocals.
But here's the non vocal version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom