• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Does anyone know what's the music playing during the first half of the Echoes class overview trailer?
For reference
On a sidenote, are Pegasus some kind of supergods or smth? Jfc look at those stats. And they're T2
http://serenesforest.net/download/fe15/BGM_SYS_ED1.mp3
The relevant bit is about 3 minutes in. As the filename suggests, it plays during the end credits, which makes it an odd choice for a pre-release video if you ask me.

As for the pegasus knights, Catria and Palla are generally regarded as two of the best units in the original game (Catria is the better of the two; I'd say she beats Alm overall, personally, because of how many monsters the game throws at you; Falcon Knights have innate effective damage against monsters on every attack). They're pretty good in Echoes again, too, though I think Alm edges it this time around overall.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
@Yellowlord
You know that Little Witch Academia has great OP and EDs I recently check Little Witch Academia Magical Parade's ost.
These two are just so gorgeous to listen.
If you have trouble sleeping, this song will help.
I hope this one can be the season ending ed, supposedly things end well.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Stop
Proto
You're supposed to be on my side with Star Ninger (though the adaptation apparently cut the cheeseburger)
Don't support that weeb
the joke is that EO as a sieres is considered spinoff fodder for persona

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm a bit tardy to the party with talking about the direct but what I've been saying is still something I'm holding on to: Don't get hype, don't count your chickens before they hatch, there's always a chance for things to go wrong, etc.

On a positive note: Um...Happy Easter? ^^;

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
If you have trouble sleeping, this song will help.
Hope so. I need to stop browsing the thread in bed.

[EDIT]: Nope, has vocals. Another time. For now, plan B.

Night peeps. Happy Cadbury Creme Egg Discount Eve.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know Mega Man's inclusion in Smash 4 primarily payed homage to his NES outings, but music from 7-10 (Robot Museum, Tengu Man's Saturn theme, Wily Castle 1 from MM9 and 10, etc., and maybe Shade Man's alternate theme while we're at it) and maybe the X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Battle Network, and Star Force series would've been nice, too.
If they ever get the chance, I would really like to hear some MMX and Battle Network stuff in particular in Smash. Or at least the opening stages from Mega Man 7,8 and Bass.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Played Path of Radiance for the first time in a while today.

I forgot how goofy the voice acting in that game is. How far FE has come, huh?

D

Deleted member

EO's already a shoe-in in terms of content, it's one of Nintendo's upcoming IP after all!
Good to see you finally see the importance of EO!
Stop rubbing salt in the wound, I know I'm just dreaming damnit, so just let me dream!
the music alone is a qualifire for persona its just so happens that it actually has everything else plus its actually a canonical smt game despite dropping the smt name(look up tamaki uchida from personas 1 and 2...and 2 she was the main character of smt if which canonically takes place in the same world as smt 1 due to how if's demon summoning program was made by a scientist who saw smt1's protagonist and cerberus) which emans it has the videogame lineage to back it up
I don't see how Persona having anything to do witg SMT makes it a better contender
Honestly, if we ever got an Atlus character, I have jo doubt they'd be from SMT. Persona has literally one game on Nintendo and it sucks
i make fun of @Shishœ but he is right EO has some great music i mean heres the opening from the best EO game
And speaking of the devil.
>Best EO game
I'd be okay with you saying something like not liking EO but calling Persona Q the best, even as a joke, is the biggest offense you can make
Why yes I did.

The only bad thing about them is that you'll never get to hear the really good parts ingame because you're either running, getting killed, or killing within the first few turns
http://serenesforest.net/download/fe15/BGM_SYS_ED1.mp3
The relevant bit is about 3 minutes in. As the filename suggests, it plays during the end credits, which makes it an odd choice for a pre-release video if you ask me.

As for the pegasus knights, Catria and Palla are generally regarded as two of the best units in the original game (Catria is the better of the two; I'd say she beats Alm overall, personally, because of how many monsters the game throws at you; Falcon Knights have innate effective damage against monsters on every attack). They're pretty good in Echoes again, too, though I think Alm edges it this time around overall.
Thanks for that.
I was expecting it to be some sort of preparations theme, thoufh that was a bit of a stretch.

I hear the damage bonus got nerfed from x3 to +10, which is still pretty good considering they're doubling most of the time(don't you just need +1 Spd to double in Gaiden?).
the joke is that EO as a sieres is considered spinoff fodder for persona
Actually, no, I take that back, THIS is the most offensive
Especially since it doesn't even make sense because that's the only Persona crossover EO has???

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanna know why One Winged Angel isn't in Smash
The fact that only...TWO Final Fantasy songs are in seems weird. Like the games are known for their iconic tracks. Maybe Square charged for their music. But hey, that's what mods are for.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The fact that only...TWO Final Fantasy songs are in seems weird. Like the games are known for their iconic tracks. Maybe Square charged for their music. But hey, that's what mods are for.
Square doesn't actually own the songs iirc, but Nobuo whatshisface does and has them copyrighted which makes it pretty awkward to use
Good to see you finally see the importance of EO!
Stop rubbing salt in the wound, I know I'm just dreaming damnit, so just let me dream!
Sadly it isn't too important, Nintendo barely showed anything off about Ever Oasis which means it's gonna flop imo

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And speaking of the devil.
>Best EO game
I'd be okay with you saying something like not liking EO but calling Persona Q the best, even as a joke, is the biggest offense you can make
like it or not, Persona q is a really fun game. Im not even sure why you hate Peraona q so much

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Vaan nailed it. Nuff said. Sorry if Easter wasn't all too good for Miss Fran. Better luck next time.

Now we are covering the rest of the XII cast, villains and remaining party members, before we cover the PS3/Xbox 360 era. Your choices are Basch, Ashelia, Cidofus, and Vayne. We are getting closer to the end and I'm excited.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y'know sometimes the sensor doesn't work right.

The symbol is full so I take one step and it empties, so I turn around and move every other direction... the sensor is completely empty.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I woke up today and I feel less fat or some reason. Putting my hand over my body it's more solid and less squishy.

I have been eating better recently, but not yesterday. We did the Easter thing yesterday

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Y'know sometimes the sensor doesn't work right.

The symbol is full so I take one step and it empties, so I turn around and move every other direction... the sensor is completely empty.
I notice it does that when your objective is at a different elevation from where you are...the shrine may be literally right on top of you or below you so when you step forward you're no longer walking in the direction that it's at...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I notice it does that when your objective is at a different elevation from where you are...the shrine may be literally right on top of you or below you so when you step forward you're no longer walking in the direction that it's at...
I feel like the sensor could have been done a bit better.

MainJPW

M.T.A
There's a rumour going on that Mania will include Sonic CD-esque animated cutscenes. PLEASE MAKE THIS A REALITY
Interesting thing about that, based on the evidence found by members from Stadium and Retro, it's pretty likely to be a real thing; the rumor part should actually be whether or not the animation is intended for transitional cutscenes or an opening cinematic. Either way it's hype, glad to finally see good ol' spikey Sonic brought back from Sonic CD's cutscenes and OVA again.

Link for anyone interested:
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/04/rumour-sonic-mania-to-include-animated-cut-scenes/

D

Deleted member

Because the guys at Square were stingy with their music...for some reason.

----
I rather think it was mostly due to DLC period's deadline. If there was more time I'm sure Square Enix would have afforded for more music, not only from FFVII but other FF games, or even other SE IPs such as Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, Tomb Raider, Chrono Trigger, and the Bravely series.

Did I mention Chrono Trigger?

D

Deleted member

I'm sure Square Enix is harder to work with than the other third parties involved with Smash 4, but it is worth noting that Ryu only had multiple versions of his and Ken's themes, plus that Ken trophy. Meanwhile, the ballot winner gets a ton of trophies and music (even that After Burner remix, hence why I made that Shade Man suggestion earlier).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last night's Samruai Jack was really great!
Didn't expect Scotsman to have a huge litter of daughters. VERY curious where they're going to go with ghost Scotsman in this show.

And where's is Jack's sanity taking him?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Chronicles was advertised as being a game that would explain various mysteries of the Sonic lore, so it's still important and the characterisation should have been miles better. And while it may be licensed, it still uses the game universe (like Sonic X).

And how is Sonic being an *** "character development"? If anything, it's regression and flanderisation. Simplifying his character to revolve around a specific trait, ignoring all of the lessons and wisdom he's picked up over the course of his adventures. Sonic isn't supposed to be a one-note character, he's supposed to have more layers to him than "he's an ***".
They don't ignore his other traits anyway. Him being an ass is just a unique personality compared to his snarker, which is still overall there too. He's pretty boring when he isn't an ass at first, and they barely develop him at all. He's the blandest of the main characters overall, sadly. The rest either had more unique personalities from the start(Rouge, Tails) or gained quite a bit(Amy, Shadow as of his game). Overall, I'd say the other universes made him more memorable than "simple heroic personality". I mean, he's still less bland than Mario, who has barely a personality(bar the spin-offs, like Comics, etc.).

Also, he develops from being an ass to a better person... although not often. Sadly this only happened in Underground, but character development was a bigger focus. No idea why they couldn't develop him during SATAM when it had a proper continuity. Sonic X kind of does, but he's his game personality anyway. Impossible to properly do in Adventures and Boom due to lack of proper continuity, however. Do note that I'm not referring to the games.

Chronicles is still pretty much its own thing overall, and they did clearly intend to add it into the game canon, but it never became canon however. Which is probably due to it having completely unique characterizations, and likely trying to bring the Comic stuff in. Sega overall saying "nope" to that is understandable, never mind other possible copyright issues with the storyline. At least, that's from what I understand on why it isn't canon.

D

Deleted member

Last night's Samruai Jack was really great!
Didn't expect Scotsman to have a huge litter of daughters. VERY curious where they're going to go with ghost Scotsman in this show.

And where's is Jack's sanity taking him?
Not gonna lie, I read XCVI as "Xenoblade Chronicles VI" at first.

D

Deleted member

Also happy easter people.

Have a pretty Bunnomorph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom