• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have seen some Big the Cat talk here, and to be honest, I always liked his "Slow but not stupid" attitude. Tough, contrary to alot of people, I first know the character by Sonic X. Who had basically SA1 plot but with some change here and there. So no fish game for me.:p Also, I always liked his character design and the voice he had in French was also pretty good. But I also like his English voice actor.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The issue though is that this isn't what Sonic Chronicles did. Sonic isn't just witty or snarky with his enemies/rivals, and isn't just simply immature and petty at times. Sonic's just straight up mean to everyone. That's not Sonic. That's closer to Eggman, honestly.
Again, they'd have to fix that
Real talk? I thought the Sonic CD intro cutscene looked like *** when I played. But when I went digging for references, the vids I pulled up looked...not bad.
Maybe you played it on an actual Sega CD which looked kinda **** or had a ****ty tv?

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Big should've played like Wario did in Wario World, a powerhouse destroying anything in his path with his girth and strength, all just to get a frog

...actually, now I kinda want SEGA to do a minigame like that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And what controversy is this? This is the first I heard of any.
Faye's entire character only focuses on "is in love with Alm" and nothing else. All her dialogue in the story, support, and base conversations revolve around Alm. She can have support conversations with Alm and Silque. With Alm, fans are criticizing for being creepy in the way she approaches Alm. In the C-Support, she talks about wanting to "beat up enemies" for him just to make him happy. In the B-Support, she brings up how Alm ate her bread and it made her happy, but fans find it creepy because they think Faye believes Alm loves her for that. She confesses to Alm in the A-support, but Alm rejects her, and in her ending, it mentions that she returned to Ram Village and married another man, but she would disappear from her family frequently. Her disappearances implies she didn't take Alm's marriage to Celica very well.

Her Supports with Silque are garbage though. In both the B and C Supports, Silque tries to make friends with Faye because there are very few female soldiers in Alm's army. Faye, however, shrugs off any attempt Silque makes to befriend her. In the C-Support, Faye states she doesn't need to make female friends because she has Alm. In the B-Support, Silque tries to talk about Alm with her, but Faye shrugs her off yet again, this time saying that Alm is not present and thus she won't talk. In the A-Support, Faye finally approaches Silque and apologizes to her, but the reason she does so is because, "I'm feeling lonely. Let's be friends now." I should also add that Silque can only have support conversations with Faye. Yeah, poor Silque.

If you want to gain a better sense of Faye's controversy, a visit to the Fire Emblem reddit and the Echoes forum on SerenesForest is all it takes. There's been a lot of discussions about Faye on both forums.

Basically in the original Gaiden Faye wants to take Alm to the bone zone and in Echoes it's the same but from the looks of it she might be more abrasive/passive aggressive in doing so.

That's what I gathered anyway. Still cute tho.
Faye did not exist in the original Gaiden. She's one of the new characters in Echoes...

...And fans are getting critical about that because from all her dialogue, they think she was made to be a self-insert waifu, except she gets attached to Alm and not an avatar character. It's similar to the controversy that came about with Tharja and Camilla.

She even qualifies for a Catria-archetype, who Cordelia falls under as well.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Maybe you played it on an actual Sega CD which looked kinda **** or had a ****ty tv?
Emulated, but that fits the bill.

The whole point of Omega's character arc between Heroes/Shadow/'06 -
Gotta stop you there a sec.

The character arc you describe for Omega does sound better overall, but it's hard to dig into that when I can't be arsed to sit through two out of the three games it arcs through.

Big should've played like Wario did in Wario World, a powerhouse destroying anything in his path with his girth and strength, all just to get a frog

...actually, now I kinda want SEGA to do a minigame like that.
Know what?

Cue the GIF.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm a Child timeliner myself but I gotta poke one teeny hole here.

There's multiple attacks by Ganon in every timeline. Child has OoT, TP, and FSA; Adult has OoT and WW, and Downfall has OoT, LttP, the Oracles, and Zelda 1.
I get what your saying but I was referring to the scenario where Link succeeds but doesn't get sent back in time after he succeeds...the History of Calamity Ganon statement contradicts this from being a possibility....although sure other games could still happen in between later on but based on Aonuma's hints he's referring to repeated attacks that we've seen from previous Zelda games...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just found a Super Smash Bros reference in Persona 5.

P5 protagonist confirmed for Smash for Switch

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, Sonic is pretty immature in many interpretations. He can be a bit of an ass sometimes. Sonic X is the only actual TV show where he's accurate to his regular game portrayal of being a snarker, but still a nice guy overall. The other shows? Not even close. He's often a jerk in some of his memorable appearances(Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, SATAM, Underground, Sonic Boom, hoo boy). CD does at least stick with his game portrayal too, but that's not a TV show anyway. It does help Sonic X is meant to be based directly on the games with a few unique differences(I.E. Chris). I don't mind jerk-Sonic at all, even if it's his only other main personality that's common. I know there's at least some Comics where he's even more different.

I also had no issue with Chronicles' personalities either. Pretty good, really. Shadow wasn't really good at being a team player and it fits. Omega was awesome too. My issues came more from some of the gameplay being kind of meh, the balance sucking bad(like, trying to get Rings is near impossible, jeez), and the music being really unmemorable.

As for Big's fishing? Just awful. The controls did not translate well to a regular controller as is, and simply breaking the line cost you a life? Really? Was that needed? Like, there's already enemies anyway. Let him lose a life when he gets hit normally and leave it at that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I stumbled upon a base conversation for a certain character in Fire Emblem Echoes...

This is Faye's Base Conversation in Chapter 3 following the scene when Alm and Celica are reunited but then split up afterward due to an argument:

So... Alm is feeling bad right now because of the scuffle he got with Celica, and then Faye comes in to say, "I see you got into an argument with a friend you haven't met in a while. Don't dwell on it, you got me!"

This is what I pieced together from the dialogue, and I... I don't know what to say. I think I might be more disappointed about Faye right now.

This only adds fuel to the fire of controversy that has been brewing about her these past few weeks amongst the FE fans.
this is. more like reaching for a controversy if I ever saw it

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It was a no contest for my Final Fantasy XI poll. Shantotto won fair and square due to her immense popularity. While The Player was close by a few votes. Not bad for Square's first Final Fantasy MMORPG.

Now we are exploring the last ever PlayStation 2 title before we reach the last generation of console. Your Final Fantasy XII choices are Penelo, Vaan, Fran (Apropriate since it's Easter), and Balthier. We are getting closer and closer to the controversial XIII saga as we speak.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Happy Easter mates!

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know what's the music playing during the first half of the Echoes class overview trailer?
For reference
On a sidenote, are Pegasus some kind of supergods or smth? Jfc look at those stats. And they're T2

Also, poor Faye, was brought to existence only to suffer.
Hopefully, the localisation team can salvage her supports.
Is Jorge Joestar not good enough? With Bruno having a Stand called Stepmom, there being a fake Dio in Part 3, Kars being doomed to suffer the same fate 36 times, Giorno being immune to Made In Heaven's effects, Kira learning the spin and getting the biggest boner he ever had from Lisa Lisa and ****ING MORIOH GROWING LEGS AND MOVING TO ITALY?
I'd like a source for all of those because I need to know what drugs Araki was on to allow these things

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'd like a source for all of those because I need to know what drugs Araki was on to allow these things
The source is Jorge Joestar. It's REALLY ****ing strange.

Speaking of, the Interdimensional Cable shorts in Rick and Morty were thought up by the crew when drunk and/or on drugs apparently. Would explain the Lucky Charms thing

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I get what your saying but I was referring to the scenario where Link succeeds but doesn't get sent back in time after he succeeds...the History of Calamity Ganon statement contradicts this from being a possibility....although sure other games could still happen in between later on but based on Aonuma's hints he's referring to repeated attacks that we've seen from previous Zelda games...
Er.

You saw Hyrule Castle Town in OoT, right? He assaulted the **** outta that place while Link was sleeping. And after he brings down the house, he goes full hog before getting sealed up.

Then in WW, when Ganondorf broke back out, he managed to score a few victories - this is when he killed Laruto and Fado, for example - and generally make a mess of things before the gods flooded Hyrule to stop him. He's referred to as Ganon by Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule during his retelling of events, and the opening scrolls depict him in beast form during this campaign.

Even in the event you don't consider his subsequent attempts through the course of WW itself to be round three, seeing as he never took Ganon form against WW Link (just the Puppet), that's two major assaults by Ganon right there.

And that's just taking it literally. His Compendium description also pins him as "The source of the darkness that has appeared time and again throughout Hyrule's history. It's been called many names, from 'Great King of Evil; to 'Calamity.'" This suggests that perhaps the world that "has suffered many battles against Ganon" doesn't literally mean Beast Mode Ganon.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, Sonic is pretty immature in many interpretations. He can be a bit of an *** sometimes. Sonic X is the only actual TV show where he's accurate to his regular game portrayal of being a snarker, but still a nice guy overall. The other shows? Not even close. He's often a jerk in some of his memorable appearances(Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, SATAM, Underground, Sonic Boom, hoo boy). CD does at least stick with his game portrayal too, but that's not a TV show anyway. It does help Sonic X is meant to be based directly on the games with a few unique differences(I.E. Chris). I don't mind jerk-Sonic at all, even if it's his only other main personality that's common. I know there's at least some Comics where he's even more different.

I also had no issue with Chronicles' personalities either. Pretty good, really. Shadow wasn't really good at being a team player and it fits. Omega was awesome too. My issues came more from some of the gameplay being kind of meh, the balance sucking bad(like, trying to get Rings is near impossible, jeez), and the music being really unmemorable.

As for Big's fishing? Just awful. The controls did not translate well to a regular controller as is, and simply breaking the line cost you a life? Really? Was that needed? Like, there's already enemies anyway. Let him lose a life when he gets hit normally and leave it at that.
Cases like SatAM, AoStH, Archie Comics, and Sonic Boom are subverted by the fact they are alternate universes. Sonic in those stories is literally not the same character as Sonic Team's Sonic (granted I don't necessarily like how he is in Archie and SatAM but they hold less weight since he's literally a different person there).
Even so, multiple wrongs don't make a right. Sonic isn't really supposed to be an ***. Especially when you have actual *** characters for comparison (like Jet the Hawk). There's a difference between a character that's a snarker and a bit immature, and an ***.

Also Shadow was a flat out a whiny brat in Chronicles, lol. This character portrait says it all.

"D-don't get the wrong idea, Sonikku-kun! I'm not joining your team because I LIKE you or a-anything..."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Cases like SatAM, AoStH, Archie Comics, and Sonic Boom are subverted by the fact they are alternate universes. Sonic in those stories is literally not the same character as Sonic Team's Sonic (granted I don't necessarily like how he is in Archie and SatAM but they hold less weight since he's literally a different person there).
Even so, multiple wrongs don't make a right. Sonic isn't really supposed to be an ***. Especially when you have actual *** characters for comparison (like Jet the Hawk). There's a difference between a character that's a snarker and a bit immature, and an ***.

Also Shadow was a flat out a whiny brat in Chronicles, lol. This character portrait says it all.

"D-don't get the wrong idea, Sonikku-kun! I'm not joining your team because I LIKE you or a-anything..."
Chronicles is pretty much its own universe anyway. It doesn't fit anywhere into the timeline at all, nor is canon, and hell, isn't even made by Sega/Sonic Team. They only licensed it. Still doesn't bother me at all.

I honestly prefer ass Sonic since he's just way more interesting than his regular self. They do a lot more with him and his characterization that way. And it's a good thing too. I like seeing him evolve. It also helps with arcs relating to Amy or just anything in general.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Update on Civ V. Found the great work known as Revenge of the Sith, and Xander and Scrooge are now at war. Big Boss has been keeping to him, GLaDOS has been poking me and Bats is one city

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chronicles is pretty much its own universe anyway. It doesn't fit anywhere into the timeline at all, nor is canon, and hell, isn't even made by Sega/Sonic Team. They only licensed it. Still doesn't bother me at all.

I honestly prefer *** Sonic since he's just way more interesting than his regular self. They do a lot more with him and his characterization that way. And it's a good thing too. I like seeing him evolve. It also helps with arcs relating to Amy or just anything in general.
Chronicles was advertised as being a game that would explain various mysteries of the Sonic lore, so it's still important and the characterisation should have been miles better. And while it may be licensed, it still uses the game universe (like Sonic X).

And how is Sonic being an *** "character development"? If anything, it's regression and flanderisation. Simplifying his character to revolve around a specific trait, ignoring all of the lessons and wisdom he's picked up over the course of his adventures. Sonic isn't supposed to be a one-note character, he's supposed to have more layers to him than "he's an ***".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Happy Easter, guys.

I've been playing Triple Deluxe for a while now.

These two songs are strangely similar.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lets not lie to ourselves persona characters would be rad as hell in smash bros

if not for the characters or stage locations the music alone

Mass destruction, Reach out to the truth, Time to make history, Last surprise, Life will change, I'll face myself,
And then theres tracks that appear in spoiler related fights and the ones in fighting games

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Mass destruction, Reach out to the truth, Time to make history, Last surprise, Life will change, I'll face myself,
And then theres tracks that appear in spoiler related fights and the ones in fighting games
tbh Persona characters would be Stand users and the only music needed would be that YOU NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIING

D

Deleted member

>Persona in Smash
>Doing it for the great ass music
By that logic, we could add any Atlus game and the effect would be the same
And of course it should be Etrian Odyssey because did you hear the STANDARD BATTLE THEMES???

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
One part of me will always remain burning with rage straight fron the deepest hell of eternal damnation because there's not Pac-Man World 2 music or content in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

**** if Last suprise was playing, I wouldnt fight at all

Plus seeing Yu beat up a little kid would be funny to see

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
>Persona in Smash
>Doing it for the great *** music
By that logic, we could add any Atlus game and the effect would be the same
And of course it should be Etrian Odyssey because did you hear the STANDARD BATTLE THEMES???
the music alone is a qualifire for persona its just so happens that it actually has everything else plus its actually a canonical smt game despite dropping the smt name(look up tamaki uchida from personas 1 and 2...and 2 she was the main character of smt if which canonically takes place in the same world as smt 1 due to how if's demon summoning program was made by a scientist who saw smt1's protagonist and cerberus) which emans it has the videogame lineage to back it up

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Happy Easter to everyone here that celebrates it! Hopefully you folks have a good one. If I'm lucky, I'll get to crack some cascarones this year. It's a fun tradition around where I'm from and I legit can't think of Easter without it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Watching a Yooka-Laylee playthrough to see if this is really as bad as people say it is....

Let's Plays are a decent way to gauge whether the game's worth getting or not...

I have to say though some of the dialogue is really cringe worthy....and by some I mean a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom