• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Hyrulians regressed heavily. the next game in the timeline will have dinosaurs, mammoths and Zelda, the most intelligent character in the game, talks like this "Me princess of Hyrule. Me have glowy rock in hand. We fight giant piggy beast"
Technically this is what happened in the Downfall Timeline.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Zecht solo' everyone. Nuff said. He is a massive fan favorite and Tidus's father after all.

This one will be fairly short since Final Fantasy XI is just a MMORPG with few notable characters whatsoever. It won be long until XII tomorrow. Your choices are Shantotto, The Player, Lilith, and Shadow Lord.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And I am well aware that this is one-sided because Shanty is just popular. Tagging her fan Burruni Burruni right now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>playing Team Kirby Clash
>Decide to buy apples because it's Sunday (you get extra on Sundays) and I can upgrade my tree another tier
>Upgrade the tree and suddenly the village music is a lovely orchestral rendition
>mfw

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
One of the things that I'd absolutely love to see in Star Wars Battlefront II is content based on the old Clone Wars cartoon. If they announce General Grievous as a playable character, then EA have my attention.

Minor confession: but I unfortunately couldn't remember Ahsoka's name at all... I have a lot of lore to catch up on...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just a reminder that Megaman X6 was an awful game with an amazing soundtrack.

That game is my guilty pleasure game. And that is in no short thanks to the ****ing amazing soundtrack. Also, props for posting the better Overseas version of MMX's Opening stage(I usually associate those themes with him anyway).

I just found a G Gundam refrence. One of the flavor texts on a move called Hellfire Shot on a character named Zoroken is "My hand is burning red!"
IT'S TELLING ME TO GRASP VICTORY!!!!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did you all know because I'm not a fan of Yooka Laylee that means I'm not a real Banjo Kazooie fan.

:joyful:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OK! SO THIS IS A THING...
I saw this image in several Youtube thumbnails, so I Googled to see if I could find a better quality image and I think from what I heard it was found during datamining the game, perhaps leftover data from a memory that was removed in game? Maybe it's not a memory, but a simple snapshot taken with the Sheikah Slate (I say this mainly because of how Zelda seems to be looking straight at the camera) Either way I really want to see what this memory was supposed to be...Link in his Tunic of the Wild doing some Tai Chi (or possibly whistling) and Zelda in her blue dress (I really need more Zelda in her Blue dress) who looks like she's photobombing Link...

Perhaps we could still see something relating to this from the upcoming DLC...

Looking at the background it looks to be taking place maybe on the Great Plateau near the Shrine of Resurrection...Looks like they could be directly outside the shrine's entrance...

Another thing I noticed but, unless it's simply placed off screen somewhere, it appears Link doesn't yet have the Master Sword here...

Quick Theory/Speculation time...
One thing that has me somewhat intrigued about the story or at least not covered by the story is that, while it's reasonable to assume Link acquired the Master Sword in Korok Forest in front of the Deku tree considering the Deku tree shows familiarity towards Link, we actually never see when or where he initially gets the blade, he just has it...we only see Zelda return the Sword to it's pedestal after Link goes down in the final memory, but never when Link actually pulls it...and I've been thinking it could be possible he retrieved the sword from elsewhere and Zelda simply brought it to Korok forest, and the one place I've been thinking was where the Rusted sword is located not too far from the Shrine of Resurrection....The Great Plateau is a relatively isolated area from the rest of Hyrule and it's closer to that of the Temple of Time which is a popular location for the Master Sword...after Link successfully pulls the sword from it's pedestal he is then given the Champion shirt from the Royal Family after being made the Hylian Champion and Zelda's appointed knight...and his tunic was then taken into the care of the Sheikah...

Chrono.

I saw this image in several Youtube thumbnails, so I Googled to see if I could find a better quality image and I think from what I heard it was found during datamining the game, perhaps leftover data from a memory that was removed in game? Maybe it's not a memory, but a simple snapshot taken with the Sheikah Slate (I say this mainly because of how Zelda seems to be looking straight at the camera) Either way I really want to see what this memory was supposed to be...Link in his Tunic of the Wild doing some Tai Chi (or possibly whistling) and Zelda in her blue dress (I really need more Zelda in her Blue dress) who looks like she's photobombing Link...

Looking at the background it looks to be taking place maybe on the Great Plateau near the Shrine of Resurrection...Looks like they could be directly outside the shrine's entrance...

Another thing I noticed but, unless it's simply placed off screen somewhere, it appears Link doesn't yet have the Master Sword here...

One thing that has me somewhat intrigued about the story or at least not covered by the story is that, while it's reasonable to assume Link acquired the Master Sword in Korok Forest in front of the Deku tree considering the Deku tree shows familiarity towards Link, we actually never see when or where he initially gets the blade, he just has it...we only see Zelda return the Sword to it's pedestal after Link goes down in the final memory, but never when Link actually pulls it...and I've been thinking it could be possible he retrieved the sword from elsewhere and Zelda simply brought it to Korok forest, and the one place I've been thinking was where the Rusted sword is located not too far from the Shrine of Resurrection....The Great Plateau is a relatively isolated area from the rest of Hyrule and it's closer to that of the Temple of Time which is a popular location for the Master Sword...after Link successfully pulls the sword from it's pedestal he is then given the Champion shirt from the Royal Family after being made the Hylian Champion and Zelda's appointed knight...and his tunic was then taken into the care of the Sheikah...
I saw somewhere on Reddit that this was fake and that Zelda's just doing a Yiga Clan pose.

D

Deleted member

Lol Jorge Joestar.

Considering how powerful his hamon is at the end of part 2, I'd like to think his stand would be a humanoid form of Hermit Purple with the ability to do every telepathic ability one could think of... ever.

I wonder if Araki will ever address fights like this... Cream vs. Kars is the one that is most interesting to me.
I don't think Joseph's Hamon has anything to do with his Hermit Purple, so I don't see it affecting Kars's potential Stand

We need some spin off manga still in the original universe featuring various "What If" scenarios

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I saw somewhere on Reddit that this was fake and that Zelda's just doing a Yiga Clan pose.
Fake? I tried looking up where it actually came from but all I found was that it may have been datamined from the game, though it wasn't really credible in any way...

Chrono.

Fake? I tried looking up where it actually came from but all I found was that it may have been datamined from the game, though it wasn't really credible in any way...
Fake as in the game was modded or something.

I haven't really looked much into it either so don't quote me on it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>walks into Walmart
>sees old friends
>stops by and says hello
>leaves
>hears them talking **** behind my back
>turns around
>they notice and walk the other direction

dd64ef8fac7edb3d4b8c130c2036ff27.jpg
This is why I keep to myself nowadays.

EDIT: On a brighter note, I edited my avatar. I must say, I really like how this came out.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My Hero Academia Screenshots Taken Out of Context
View attachment 128027

This episode is where the fun really begins, I'm liking this tournament arc.
Deku did the whole Obstacle Course without using One For All, he says he was lucky but it really is because he doesn't need to rely on a Quirk.

Also, really liking Bubblegum Hair Chick, whatever her name is, I loved her VA with all the Large Ham
And Hatsume is even better in the anime. They pretty much get her VA right.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

:4link:"Stay back Zelda, I'mma 'bout to jutsu this sonnuva*****"

:4zelda:"Did you hear that? He' s about to mother******' JUTSU your ***!"

Still gold.

------

So apparently every weapon and armour piece has a DX upgrade in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. This is looking to be a far longer game than I thought.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I stumbled upon a base conversation for a certain character in Fire Emblem Echoes...

This is Faye's Base Conversation in Chapter 3 following the scene when Alm and Celica are reunited but then split up afterward due to an argument:

So... Alm is feeling bad right now because of the scuffle he got with Celica, and then Faye comes in to say, "I see you got into an argument with a friend you haven't met in a while. Don't dwell on it, you got me!"

This is what I pieced together from the dialogue, and I... I don't know what to say. I think I might be more disappointed about Faye right now.

This only adds fuel to the fire of controversy that has been brewing about her these past few weeks amongst the FE fans.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't think Joseph's Hamon has anything to do with his Hermit Purple, so I don't see it affecting Kars's potential Stand

We need some spin off manga still in the original universe featuring various "What If" scenarios
"The image of the vine is also connected to Joseph's Ripple ability. I've always wanted to make pictorial visualizations of supernatural abilities since Jojo began. Stands were based on this concept just like Ripple was, so when I thought about putting Joseph back in the story, I needed to decide how I would visualize Ripple as a Stand.

Ripple is life energy that travels through the entire body through a special breathing method. Therefore, a concrete visualization of it would be some sort of wire wrapped around the entire body, like a vine. If Jotaro's group time traveled to the world of Part 2, they would probably be able to see "Hermit Purple" wrapped around Joseph just like in Part 3." - Hirohiko Araki

Source

With this, and the fact that DIO used a Hermit Purple-like stand with similar abilities in a few instances in Part 3, it'd be safe to assume that if Ultimate Kars developed a stand it'd be like Hermit Purple, except with much more powerful (probably broken) abilities than Joseph or DIO's own, since Ultimate Kars would probably be able to master using it in a few minutes, perhaps even less. I'd also like to think it'd be more than just a bunch of vines, perhaps taking a more 'humanoid' form.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Late night rambling with swamp has led to me making a revelation

Baseball is the Nascar of physical sports. All you do is make left turns.
Baseball is what happens when you take Cricket and don't just release the game in beta

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Still popping on and off of some timeline theory videos for BotW seeing if there's something people bring up that may reinforce or sway my opinion and....it's starting to get quite a bit toxic in some comments sections....It's almost as if it's insulting to some when someone says it's in the child timeline....

I even saw someone who thought it was going to end up in the Child Timeline but argued against it's evidence because he really wanted it in the Downfall Timeline....I mean that's not how theories work...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Most sports are just a bunch of guys running around with balls.

And a lot of people are really into that.

Still popping on and off of some timeline theory videos for BotW seeing if there's something people bring up that may reinforce or sway my opinion and....it's starting to get quite a bit toxic in some comments sections....It's almost as if it's insulting to some when someone says it's in the child timeline....

I even saw someone who thought it was going to end up in the Child Timeline but argued against it's evidence because he really wanted it in the Downfall Timeline....I mean that's not how theories work...
I'm on the Child timeline side too, but the Adult timeline is possible, if unlikely.

Downfall is just impossible because the game directly mentions Ruto and Ganon being defeated.
Downfall = Ganon defeats Link, yet somehow people keep overlooking this simple and blatant fact.

D

Deleted member

I'm on the Child timeline side too, but the Adult timeline is possible, if unlikely.

Downfall is just impossible because the game directly mentions Ruto and Ganon being defeated.
Downfall = Ganon defeats Link, yet somehow people keep overlooking this simple and blatant fact.
Ganon was defeated on AlttP, Oracles and Zelda I, I don't see how it couldn't just happen after those games.
"The image of the vine is also connected to Joseph's Ripple ability. I've always wanted to make pictorial visualizations of supernatural abilities since Jojo began. Stands were based on this concept just like Ripple was, so when I thought about putting Joseph back in the story, I needed to decide how I would visualize Ripple as a Stand.

Ripple is life energy that travels through the entire body through a special breathing method. Therefore, a concrete visualization of it would be some sort of wire wrapped around the entire body, like a vine. If Jotaro's group time traveled to the world of Part 2, they would probably be able to see "Hermit Purple" wrapped around Joseph just like in Part 3." - Hirohiko Araki

Source

With this, and the fact that DIO used a Hermit Purple-like stand with similar abilities in a few instances in Part 3, it'd be safe to assume that if Ultimate Kars developed a stand it'd be like Hermit Purple, except with much more powerful (probably broken) abilities than Joseph or DIO's own, since Ultimate Kars would probably be able to master using it in a few minutes, perhaps even less. I'd also like to think it'd be more than just a bunch of vines, perhaps taking a more 'humanoid' form.
Oh, so Hamon and Stand ARE connected
Guess it's some sort of "primal Stand" of some sort or maybe supernatural powers just affect a person's Stand(such as, let's say, Mikitaka's Stand blindness being a common trait for aliens of his species)
Also, yes, Mikitaka is an alien, fite me over it

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I have a hard time in the Adult timeline since Hyrule was flooded many years ago then afterwards there was the establishment of New Hyrule which is not the same Hyrule that we see in BotW...there's always the possibility of the seas receeding and it being inhabited again but not only is it unlikely but almost everything in Hyrule would be completely different...

Another popular theory circulating is the Convergent Timeline which suggests all of the timelines merge but the only real reason this keeps getting brought up is because of the contradictions seen everywhere...There needs to be some sort of event that occurs that could cause such a convergence but there is none in this game... Chaos and destruction by Ganon isn't going to merge parallel universes...

Honestly though I see some seriously bad arguments...
'Link's tunic is more closely resembling that of the Downfall Link's tunics' but they don't want to acknowledge Ganon's resemblance to TP Ganondorf/Ganon...also not all heroes wear the same tunic, as BotW's tunic of the wild is unique...
'Lynels only appeared in the downfall Timeline', Arbiter's Grounds and the Bridge of Hylia only appeared in the Child Timeline...
'Rock Salt'...Skyward Sword
'Spectacle Rock'...Snowpeak

Ganon was defeated on AlttP, Oracles and Zelda I, I don't see how it couldn't just happen after those games.
The reference made referred to Ruto assisting the hero who fought an evil man...Which referred to the defeat of Ganondorf at the end of OoT not the battles in later games...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The reference made referred to Ruto assisting the hero who fought an evil man...Which referred to the defeat of Ganondorf at the end of OoT not the battles in later games...
This. It directly says Ruto helped the hero defeat Ganon, Ruto would be long dead by the time Ganon rolled back around again.

I have a hard time in the Adult timeline since Hyrule was flooded many years ago then afterwards there was the establishment of New Hyrule which is not the same Hyrule that we see in BotW...there's always the possibility of the seas receeding and it being inhabited again but not only is it unlikely but almost everything in Hyrule would be completely different...
And this is the strongest reason I have to believe it falls in the Child timeline, can't be Downfall because Ganon was defeated in OoT according to BotW backstory, can't be Adult because Hyrule doesn't exist anymore in that one. Child wins by elimination.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Baseball is what happens when you take Cricket and don't just release the game in beta
I believe you mean to say blernsball is when you take baseball and don't just release the game in beta.

I played cricket for 5 years, hated it but still enjoyed it more than baseball.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

This post ****ed me up; specially because I stopped watching Baseball because I started to like fast paced sports.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly, I still think it's Downfall timeline, all things considered. Not that it's flawless, all things considered, but the issue is more with Link being recognized as a hero during OoT than with Ruto awakening as a sage. Anything that gets Link far enough into OoT to attempt to kick Ganon's butt without rewinding the clock to before it started is going to have Ruto awoken as a sage as far as I'm aware from my basic research on the franchise and watching discussions.

. . .Actually, what timeline WOULD OoT be recognized as a hero in? Child wound back time and never did anything in the first place that anyone in Hyrule would know aside from squeal, dying in regret. Adult he vanishes and doesn't show up in it's hour of need and the world had to drown as a result, although the sages were still recognized. Downfall he just flat out died. OoT Link has a. . .bad track record.

Of course, Child is both the timeline least likely to give Link recognition due to aforementioned regrets and the least likely to have Ruto awake since there was never a reason for her to at the time. . .

As Hyrule climbed out of medieval stasis 10,000 years ago and had all previous games BEFORE then and the map for an open world game was almost certainly redrawn, I don't really pay attention to geographical evidence for ANY of the timelines in my observations. For me, the buildings are handwaved in my head as being as cyclic as the reincarnation of the hero and princess and anything else breaks my head that little bit harder.

That said I'm more team "There's a dozen other things I find more fun to overanalyze in a video game than the order the games take place in." I find pointing out openings for alternate possibilities from whatever the consensus in the room is interesting, but left to my own devices I'd probably be more interested in contemplating the events of 100 and 10,000 years ago and what happens from now on rather than the older Zelda timeline.

. . .Maybe there's a fourth timeline. Maybe Link won, then Zelda offered to send Link back and then Link was like, "Nah I can manage without those seven years of my life, what if something worse happens if I'm not here?" Then Link pairs up with his ship of choice and everyone lives happily ever after and society moves on until someone gets the stupid idea to force everyone back into medieval stasis. Hyrule is there, Link wins and is a recognized hero, Ruto is awoken, etc.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Adult he vanishes and doesn't show up in it's hour of need and the world had to drown as a result, although the sages were still recognized.
Actually, when you beat Ganon at the end of OoT, Link gets sent back in time. It's not that Link didn't show up to stop Ganon, he still beat Ganon, but Ganon came back and Link was no longer in that version of Hyrule because he was sent back in time.

That's why WW Link has no relation to OoT Link, the bloodline just ceased to exist in that timeline.

Technically speaking, if the hero's bloodline passed down all the way from Skyward Sword onward, the Child timeline is the only timeline where the later heroes are actually blood related to the very first Link we know of, as the bloodline vanishes in the Adult timeline as aforementioned and the bloodline obviously dies off with OoT Link in the Downfall timeline.
I just went on a completely unrelated tangent, but it's 2:30 in the morning.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I stumbled upon a base conversation for a certain character in Fire Emblem Echoes...

This is Faye's Base Conversation in Chapter 3 following the scene when Alm and Celica are reunited but then split up afterward due to an argument:

So... Alm is feeling bad right now because of the scuffle he got with Celica, and then Faye comes in to say, "I see you got into an argument with a friend you haven't met in a while. Don't dwell on it, you got me!"

This is what I pieced together from the dialogue, and I... I don't know what to say. I think I might be more disappointed about Faye right now.

This only adds fuel to the fire of controversy that has been brewing about her these past few weeks amongst the FE fans.
And what controversy is this? This is the first I heard of any.

Chrono.

And what controversy is this? This is the first I heard of any.
Basically in the original Gaiden Faye wants to take Alm to the bone zone and in Echoes it's the same but from the looks of it she might be more abrasive/passive aggressive in doing so.

That's what I gathered anyway. Still cute tho.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't think it's possible BoTW's in the Adult Timeline.

Because it'd need:

-The ocean to recede
-The royal family to return to Old Hyrule (Curse requires the Goddess' bloodline)
-All the races, or at least the Gerudo and Zora, to return to Old Hyrule and pass on their legends about Nabooru and Ruto there.
-Parts of Old Hyrule to be put in the same stasis as Hyrule Castle was in WW
-The Master Sword to come out of the Ganon statue
-Ganon getting pissed enough to give up his intelligent form after like, two tries.
-Aonuma to want to make a game after the pretty climatic ending of Old Hyrule.
-All this without any mention of those events happening in BoTW, aside from a description for Rock Salt (To be fair I'd say the same about the Downfall Timeline. Pretty odd only OoT would get referenced when the timeline is full of other events that you'd think would get referenced)

And of course it'd require the usual handwaving of other timeline's evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom