• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't like the way they showed episodes out of order in the clone wars

Like, often they showed the aftermath of an event than later they showed the event.

Or they didn't conclude an ongoing story element until later in the season or the next season

It works for Pulp Fiction but I don't see how it works for something with seasons and episodes following the Clone Wars story

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I didn't like the way they showed episodes out of order in the clone wars

Like, often they showed the aftermath of an event than later they showed the event.

Or they didn't conclude an ongoing story element until later in the season or the next season

It works for Pulp Fiction but I don't see how it works for something with seasons and episodes following the Clone Wars story
That's because of American TV networks being stupid, they did that with lots of shows iirc, 90's Spidey apparently got heavily screwed over because of that

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's looking like the last shrines I will have to do will be the 2 most annoying ones.

Getting a Dinraal scale and riding a stalhorse up to the pedestal north of Kakariko.

Chrono.

It's looking like the last shrines I will have to do will be the 2 most annoying ones.

Getting a Dinraal scale and riding a stalhorse up to the pedestal north of Kakariko.
Dinraal's pretty easy. Just sleep on the Tabantha Stable until night and wait for it to spawn under that long bridge.

As for the Stalhorse... I have yet to even see one and I got all Shrines done.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I found Naydra's on a random treasure chest too.

As well as a Star Fragment.

Hyrule Castle is the gift that keeps on giving.
I wanted to do all 120 shrines before entering Hyrule Castle but I accidently entered at 115 or something and the music and atmosphere was so cool I was like "eeh maybe explore and go away if at calamity ganon" but then i also accidently entered the boss fight and I just stopped caring.
It was amazing.

Chrono.

I wanted to do all 120 shrines before entering Hyrule Castle but I accidently entered at 115 or something and the music and atmosphere was so cool I was like "eeh maybe explore and go away if at calamity ganon" but then i also accidently entered the boss fight and I just stopped caring.
It was amazing.
You'd have to enter at least once or twice before taking on Ganon anyway.

There's a Shrine and Memory hidden there.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Uh. . .you need a buck for that pedestal, not a stalhorse. Don't hurt yourself, LOL.

If you need Dinraal scales, there's a skeleton at the top of the map you can camp at. Just watch out for Lynels on the way there, it's like the most isolated spot on the whole map.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Attack on Titan Season 2 episode was quite fun, but I've noticed they cut out some scenes from the manga.

The first missing element I noticed was during the scene when Eren brings up the basement. After thinking about sealing the hole in Wall Maria, he realizes he'll also have to reach the basement. The scene transitions to something else from there, but it notably leaves these words from Eren from that same scene in the manga:

These words were important to Eren's character development. There was a point during his battle with Annie where Eren wondered what cause was Annie fighting for. He was experiencing doubt. He has been seeing the world black and white for a while, seeing the Titans as the enemy he should direct his anger, but learning that Annie was the Female Titan rattled things up for him. It made him wonder who the enemy really is. When Eren states, "And then I'll know... I'll know exactly who to point all this anger at," he thinks about who the enemy could be. It shows Eren is contemplating his cause.

Then there was some of the events at Castle Utgard before they headed outside. We see a clip of Reiner turning to Ymir and wondering what's going on with Ymir having a cold expression on her face. The anime left out how the scene started out:

Reiner walks into Ymir opening a crate, and Ymir questions him what's he doing creeping on her like that. It leads to the dialogue you see in this picture. Reiner then notices Ymir reading a herring can. Reiner is unable to decipher the language on the can, but Ymir can. This scene ultimately established something's up with Ymir.

They also left out Ymir's dialogue with Connie:

Connie is still upset over the destruction of his hometown. Ymir intervenes to cheer Connie up with the dialogue present in the above picture, and it adds to the likely possibility that the Titan Connie encountered was his mother.

Technically, next week's episode might begin with a flashback to that part of the Survey Corps exploring Castle Utgard and will incorporate those two scenes with Ymir, but I'm worried that they won't. They also left out the important

As for my thoughts on the other elements of this episode:

They are building up to the Castle Utgard battle quite nicely.

That Titan Connie encountered actually spoke to him. What a chilling scene! The voice delivery from all the characters there was perfect!

Rico killed that one Titan like a boss. With skills like that, she could easily join the Survey Corps if given the chance. I want to see more Rico action.

Not gonna lie, but it was nerve-wracking when we saw Gelgar, Lynne, Reiner, Bertolt, and Connie walk through the complete darkness like that. Gelgar's thoughts summed up what the audience was thinking.

Seems like Pastor Nick finally realizes how the Survey Corps fight for humanity's freedom once he saw the fleeing civilians in the nearby district. Levi was awesome in that scene when he had to spell out the gravity of the situation of those people right in front of Nick.

Levi was also pretty cool when he tells Eren, "There's no choice. You have to seal the wall," when Eren was doubting himself.

Oh hey, Sasha appears in this episode! In the manga, her next appearance after Chapter 36, what the last episode adapted, wasn't until Chapter 52. Now that we see her in the anime's take on Chapters 37-38, this implies we could be seeing her several times throughout the rest of this arc for the anime. I think that's a good thing.

Also, I'm willing to bet the report that Sasha gave to Hange was...

...the document that reveals Reiner and Bertolt are from the same hometown that Annie is.

Then we have Titans that arrive at Castle Utgard. Oh boy, this will be good! Intense action scenes incoming next episode! We even had a badass shot of Nanaba right before she jumps off the castle tower:

It's going to be pretty awesome watching her kill Titans like a real badass...

...But it's going to suck watching her death, because oh dear was it graphic. A Titan even bites off one of her legs before she dies.

Even the word "Leave it to us" gives me flashbacks to when Levi's squad said the same thing to Eren before fighting the Female Titan... and look at how that turned out.

And it looks like the next episode preview implies...

...We'll learn the big reveal that Ymir is a Titan Shifter, because it states that Reiner will be "reminded of his past," and it was from watching Ymir's Titan Form fighting the Titans that made him remember that Pure Titan!Ymir ate Reiner and Bertolt's friend, Marcel.

All in all, another good episode. It sets up the upcoming and intense Castle Utgard battle pretty well, though I wish they didn't cut out a few scenes from the manga when they adapted this episode, because those absent scenes fleshed out certain characters.

EDIT: Seems like there's some kind of random error that's preventing me from fixing the split-up "Missing scenes from the Manga" spoiler tags. As a heads up, both are part of the same tag.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dinraal's pretty easy. Just sleep on the Tabantha Stable until night and wait for it to spawn under that long bridge.

Sometimes I see Stalhorses near the North Lomei Labirynth in the Hebra region or near the Lon Lon Ranch Ruins

Chrono.

Sometimes I see Stalhorses near the North Lomei Labirynth in the Hebra region or near the Lon Lon Ranch Ruins
I remember getting a normal sidequest around that area that asked me to find a Stalhorse.

I found a White Lynel instead. That's, like, the opposite of a dead horse.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I remember getting a normal sidequest around that area that asked me to find a Stalhorse.

It's in the general area, although only at night and they've got riders.

That was the place I found out Lynels could teleport when I messed up sneaking around it and tried to gun it through terrain it couldn't chase me through. I was trying to get to the maze past it that time, though.

Chrono.

It's in the general area, although only at night and they've got riders.

That was the place I found out Lynels could teleport when I messed up sneaking around it and tried to gun it through terrain it couldn't chase me through. I was trying to get to the maze past it that time, though.
lol I know, I was there at night when that happened.

I haven't actually seen teleporting Lynels yet. Might because I usually just fight them.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Yeah there's a Lynel chilling there....but the Stalhorses I found were like right in front of the entrance to the Labyrinth

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Twitter is being dumb as a bag of rocks right now. When some people vote, they don't go through yet they tell me it did for them. Like what the hell is up with that site? Oh well, at least I can say that Waka garnered the most interest despite those aforementioned problems getting in the way.

And this is going to be the last Final Fantasy X poll before it's off to Shantoto's little game. I can tell a certain Ganon supporter will love the next one. Your homies are Zecht, Yunalesca, You Yevon, and even the X-2 baddie Shuyin.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Inb4 Twitter hiccups again like the broken site it is.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Oh I've found a place where Dinraal spawns. I keep blasting it with arrows and nothing happens. It must be a mirage or something.

Uh. . .you need a buck for that pedestal, not a stalhorse. Don't hurt yourself, LOL.

If you need Dinraal scales, there's a skeleton at the top of the map you can camp at. Just watch out for Lynels on the way there, it's like the most isolated spot on the whole map.
What the hell is a buck?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh I've found a place where Dinraal spawns. I keep blasting it with arrows and nothing happens. It must be a mirage or something.

What the hell is a buck?
I had "deer" and then decided it wasn't specific enough because does won't work.

I was worried it would end up confusing like this LOL.

D

Deleted member

My Hero Academia Screenshots Taken Out of Context
Screenshot_2017-04-15-16-17-55.png

This episode is where the fun really begins, I'm liking this tournament arc.
Deku did the whole Obstacle Course without using One For All, he says he was lucky but it really is because he doesn't need to rely on a Quirk.

Also, really liking Bubblegum Hair Chick, whatever her name is, I loved her VA with all the Large Ham

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Kassception....
I wouldn't have the patience to be able to do this...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
100 cents combined as a dollar
tbh I'm surprised this got a single like period

So I was looking through some videos on Ultimate Kars, and it only just occurred to me that this character could potentially beat Superman.

This character is so busted lol.
Yet there are 36 alternative universes in which he keeps suffering the same fate and only one where he freed himself

Also, what happened about that Sonic Forces thing from Japan's website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom