• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Josh Thomas leaving BitBlock. Maybe BitBlock won't be SaltBlock anymore. Nice

Rinkah confirmed as cameo in Mario Odyssey when riding the Gaos (I think they were called Gaos anyway)
If he stops showing up in GX discussions that'd be nice.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I used to be a pretty big fan of Josh Thomas's content back in his Wii Folder Josh days.

When I was hyped for the original Wii, I used to watch his videos all the time, I really loved his Mii Maker episodes. I drew the Miis he made so I could make them when I got my Wii.

Over the years he seemed to become more and more obnoxious. I stopped watching his content after that.

He was one of the first YouTubers I really got into, so to see him act like he does now is a bit disheartening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No joke? Did that actually effect his views? I wanna believe...
It did, but after his half-assed apology, he got back his subs. Plus a bunch of alt-right morons subscribed to him claiming that it's free speech. Then again, those kind of people would say I'm allowed to legally threaten them with ACTUAL guns or whatnot with it being free speech

Chrono.

He has a LOOOONG time ago, they apparently argued quite a bit, GameXplain is very liberal whereas SaltBlock is alt-right, so that might explain it, and Salty Sally claimed Andre disrespected him on his private facebook
I saw something last night that GameXplain cut ties with him a while ago. I was wondering why he hadn't appeared in a while so I looked it up.
Huh. This is news to me.

That's good to hear.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Fang was the winner. Though to be fair, she was definitely tied with Hope. So I had to break things up by choosing the most indie FFXIII option.

Next up is another Final Fantasy numbered title turned MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV. Your choices are The Adventurer, Minfilia, Ilberd, and Cid nan Garlond.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just one more Final Fantasy left and I can finally go back to the smaller Nintendo series. This is easy since there are only 4 important protagonists and they are Noctis and his boyfriends bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It did, but after his half-***** apology, he got back his subs. Plus a bunch of alt-right morons subscribed to him claiming that it's free speech. Then again, those kind of people would say I'm allowed to legally threaten them with ACTUAL guns or whatnot with it being free speech
Hmm, I went to his twitter page and It's hard to tell. Guess time will show if he's changed or not, but the dude did say a lot of messed up things so I'm gonna remain skeptical. He's funny and I'd like to be a fan of his again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm just glad Yooka Laylee wasn't universally praised
I need one hell of a good reason for this statement
Whining "They don't support freeze peach!!111!1!" isn't one of them
Hmm, I went to his twitter page and It's hard to tell. Guess time will show if he's changed or not, but the dude did say a lot of messed up things so I'm gonna remain skeptical. He's funny and I'd like to be a fan of his again.
I remember hearing so much and there were times in GG that Arin said Jon went too far iirc

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This is easy since there are only 4 important protagonists and they are Noctis and his boyfriends bros.
There's also other characters like Ardyn, Aranea, Iris and Cor though.
The latter three are all guest party members and
Ardyn is the main antagonist

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But it's all good because it all lead to X8, which is one of the best Mega Man games.
Exactly. X8 is a far better ending than X5. Not that I wouldn't want an X9. In fact I would give the blood of an innocent child for a damn good Mega Man X game to come out.

Either way, I'd say that Battle Network probably had one of the better stories, outside of the Archie comics.

Who would you main?
View attachment 128141

Famine the grappler incoming btw.

Also, thinking about making short form, Smash related comics to help viral my stuff, what do you guys think?
Probably the superhero or the gunslinger.

Chrono.

Fang was the winner. Though to be fair, she was definitely tied with Hope. So I had to break things up by choosing the most indie FFXIII option.

Next up is another Final Fantasy numbered title turned MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV. Your choices are The Adventurer, Minfilia, Ilberd, and Cid nan Garlond.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just one more Final Fantasy left and I can finally go back to the smaller Nintendo series. This is easy since there are only 4 important protagonists and they are Noctis and his boyfriends bros.
You didn't put Y'shtola? She's pretty much the face of FFXIV.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There's also other characters like Ardyn, Aranea, Iris and Cor though.
The latter three are all guest party members and
Ardyn is the main antagonist

Right, those four are also important, especially the spoilered one.They definitely easy morning candidates.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about tackling
the Rhythm Heaven series since that's one long running series that still didn't get a playable character in Smash yet.

Doesn't help that no one can come to a conclusion to who is the best rep other than three certain white singing ******* that were supposedly leaked.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You didn't put Y'shtola? She's pretty much the face of FFXIV.
Ouch! That's a big mistake there and I care less about MMORPGs.

Sorry ma'am, but you would have to make up for that mistake tonight. AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27

And don't forget about Pose For The Fans! for Rhythm Heaven. :awesome:

Chrono.

Exactly. X8 is a far better ending than X5. Not that I wouldn't want an X9. In fact I would give the blood of an innocent child for a damn good Mega Man X game to come out.

Either way, I'd say that Battle Network probably had one of the better stories, outside of the Archie comics.

Probably the superhero or the gunslinger.
I wouldn't say BN had one of the better stories, it was just relatively lower key and it being an alternate universe really helped because they didn't had to bend over backwards trying to make all series connect like they tried doing with the past ones. But, for an RPG, the characters and story were somewhat bland. Star Force fixes most of that imo.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Huh, English Puyo Puyo Tetris has alternate voices for every character:

Meh on the alternates. I'll just stick stick with Normal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't say BN had one of the better stories, it was just relatively lower key and it being an alternate universe really helped because they didn't had to bend over backwards trying to make all series connect like they tried doing with the past ones. But, for an RPG, the characters and story were somewhat bland. Star Force fixes most of that imo.
I'm not as familiar with Starforce's story. But if it's an improvement, I'll look forward to that. I do remember at the very least, liking Geo and Omega's dynamic from what little I saw.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Huh, English Puyo Puyo Tetris has alternate voices for every character:

Meh on the alternates. I'll just stick stick with Normal.
definite winners and losers between the two voices make me wonder why they didnt just take the best ones and add in a mix of the japanese options(who also had two voice styles per character)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
  • Person suggests they should have listened to Inafune when he was still reasonable
  • Inafune says they should stop, but they don't leading to two of the worst games in that series, X6 and X7
  • You say **** Inafune anyways?
This is just being petty.

It's like you can't accept that someone who messed up big time, can still have a good idea.
Still a bit salty that ReCore was condemned largely because Inafune was tangentially connected to it

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I finally beat Gen 4 of Pokemon.
And it only took me a decade:teeth:
I had a surprisingly easy time against the Elite Four and Cynthia, but I was at level 60 for those fights, as I wasn't sure how much I should grind and decided to be safe and grind to 58 and use Rare Candies to further boost my levels.
Now that I've finally beat the 4th generation, I would say that it's currently my 3rd favorite generation(granted, I've only played 5 of the generations so far).
And now I will work on beating the generations that I haven't played yet(gen 1 and later gen 2).

D

Deleted member

I'll take that Sucy icon
Just watched Episode 15 of Little Witch Academia :
Remember how you compare Deku from My Hero Academia and Akko?
They both have inspired from their Idol, All Might for Deku, and Shiny Chariot for Akko. All Might and Shiny Chariot has even more stuff in common. Both have to hide their weak identity in some sort. In this this episode, it is revealed that Shiny Chariot is also getting weak, similar to how like All Might is getting weak. And now the world setting is even more interesting.
And Shiny Chariot in that suit was sexy.
Thoughts on the episode
That action scene where Chariot fought the statues was so beautifully animated, damn...

Croix wants the World Reconstructor for some reason and I doubt she'll use it for good. Curious to see what her motivations are.

Episode felt too short because of how good it was though.

D

Deleted member

Everyone, I'm sorry to announce this, but I'm leaving this forum forever, @Shishœ has roasted me so hard that I can't recover from it, award him as the master of roasting.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everyone, I'm sorry to announce this, but I'm leaving this forum forever, @Shishœ has roasted me so hard that I can't recover from it, award him as the master of roasting.
You are a vampire toast now then?
Well, that's weird.:drohmy:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Actually, that does raise the question if there are any bat meals that people eat.
The greatest question that men ever asked...
Tough actually, the answer would probably come out from Batman.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well there's a city called "Batman" in Turkey, so clearly there has to be at least Batman-themed Turkey.
Are you kidding me?:cheep:
I...I think I am done for today.:sadsheep:
Goddamn it real world, you are making joke that even I wouldn't make it, dang you world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom