• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You know, I should probably get to playing Plague Knight and Spectre Knight's mode"

*realizes I cant play Metroid Fusion since im watching Raw

"No time like the present!" or at least after I make this thread

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Paragliding through the mountains, sees a group of six Lizalfos huddled around a fire, proceeds to make my way towards said group of Lizalfos while equipping my strongest two handed weapon, carefully positions self over fire in the middle of Lizalfos....

"DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!"

HEXTUPLE KILL!!!

Now that's satisfaction right there...

Did we get a SKXMetroid crossover and no one told me about it?
yeah man, haven't you noticed SK cant crawl?

My plan was to be playing Metroid Fusion today. . . .but that is on the Wii U. I dn't feel like playing it on the gamepad while also trying to watch RAW

but SK is on 3DS and I can definitely work with that.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hey friends, been a while.
So I picked up FE Fates Conquest from the library, deciding to try my hand at video game rpgs, and, well........
Chapter 27 (?), or whichever number the one with Izumo and Zola is, is giving enormous trouble. As in I've spent over two days (multiple breaks to eat and rest included) tryinjg to crack it, to no avail.
I think the main issue I'm having is that two of my best Nohrian knight-killers, Xander and Camilla, start out on the side opposite from the knights, and have to deal with the wizards, who decimate that side. If I try to get both sides to come together, I'll either lose altogether due to one of those forces, or beat that half's boss and be defeated trying to get to the other boss. Also supports are severely impeding my progress/ I've only beaten the boss pair guarding the Hoshidans ONCE. In addition, Nohrian knights are not affected one bit by magic, arrows, or Jakob, and Benny does only 1 or 2 bars of damage even though he's a tank like Effie.
It's incredibly upsetting. Any advice?

That aside........
Effie's been the MVP so far (missed Takumi twice, then hit and defeated him and two other knights at the battle at Cheve).
I had to actually look on the Internet to realize that Arthur isn't voiced by Nathan Fillion, which is a small bit upsetting because he's such a Nathan Fillion character.
Oh, and Jakob has the best Critical voice lines by far. Especially considering the change to a serious face occurs right at the last word in his you are served/excused lines.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it a fan animation or something for the actual game?
Rumoured to be a leaked WIP of a scene for the actual game.

Was uploaded to tumblr by an animator who works on Cartoon Network shows, but was quickly taken down.

The robot in the animation looks like one of the Hard-Boiled Heavies we've already seen a bit of.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I saw RabbidLuigi's newest video and damn, he speaks the truth soooooo much.

I never played Overwatch, but he does have points about the Melee and Fire Emblem fanbase being toxic. Especially when one streamer got death threats from the community just because of a harmless joke about Melee Switch.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Holy crap this Sonic Mania animatic is great.
Naoto Oshima retweeted this animatic today, I'd say this is definitely legit no doubt! Lots of neat stuff on his Twitter btw, like the following.

A couple days ago Oshima started tweeting never before seen animation cels of Sonic CD's opening cinematic.

And today the Sonic twitter account tweeted more CD animation cels.

Also, Famitsu put their Sonic Mania interview with Iizuka up online. I'll jot down a couple things that may or may not be interesting.

-All of the bosses are new.

-along with Fang, Bean and Bark there's a poster of Espio apparently, anything Chaotix is interesting to me so I had to mention it.

-They're apparently hinting that the Eggrobo or Heavies may end up not being sub-ordinate to Eggman. Wondering what that's about.

-Iizuka mentioned preparations for the 30th anniversary.

-Also, Iizuka talked a little bit about the Sonic Movie and Tim Miller.

The Sonic Forces interview should be going up sometime today.

Is it a fan animation or something for the actual game?
Others have already answered but there's a small analysis with the Hard Boiled Heavy here: https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/04/rumour-sonic-mania-to-include-animated-cut-scenes/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I saw RabbidLuigi's newest video and damn, he speaks the truth soooooo much.

I never played Overwatch, but he does have points about the Melee and Fire Emblem fanbase being toxic. Especially when one streamer got death threats from the community just because of a harmless joke about Melee Switch.
These days, I just don't respect Melee players anymore.

Sure there are good ones out there, but most of them are getting Call or Duty/League of Legends levels of bad today.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Naoto Oshima retweeted this animatic today, I'd say this is definitely legit no doubt! Lots of neat stuff on his Twitter btw, like the following.

A couple days ago Oshima started tweeting never before seen animation cels of Sonic CD's opening cinematic.

Also, Famitsu put their Sonic Mania interview with Iizuka up online. I'll jot down a couple things that may or may not be interesting.

-along with Fang, Bean and Bark there's a poster of Espio apparently, anything Chaotix is interesting to me so I had to mention it.

-They're apparently hinting that the Eggrobo or Heavies may end up not being sub-ordinate to Eggman. Wondering what that's about.

I would pay good money to own one of those animation cells. The opening to Sonic CD perfectly embodies what Sonic is.

Did he mention anything in particular about the Sonic movie?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Others have already answered but there's a small analysis with the Hard Boiled Heavy here: https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/04/rumour-sonic-mania-to-include-animated-cut-scenes/
Please tell me Miller got Nolan to direct the Sonic movie

MainJPW

M.T.A
I would pay good money to own one of those animation cells. The opening to Sonic CD perfectly embodies what Sonic is.
So would I, really want to get my hands on those.
Did he mention anything in particular about the Sonic movie?
I 'll screencap the translation.

So basically the movie is confirmed for production and Iizuka will be story supervisor for now. Surprised it was mentioned in an interview about Mania though.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

So basically the movie is confirmed for production and Iizuka will be story supervisor for now. Surprised it was mentioned in an interview about Mania though.
I am as excited for the Sonic movie as I am terrified.

It can very easily go down south very fast, but I can't help but look forward to what it has to offer.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Honestly, I'm expecting this, Rampage or Tomb Raider to be the first good video game movie.

Even if the Mario movie is pretty underrated IMO

D

Deleted member

Hey friends, been a while.
So I picked up FE Fates Conquest from the library, deciding to try my hand at video game rpgs, and, well........
Chapter 27 (?), or whichever number the one with Izumo and Zola is, is giving enormous trouble. As in I've spent over two days (multiple breaks to eat and rest included) tryinjg to crack it, to no avail.
I think the main issue I'm having is that two of my best Nohrian knight-killers, Xander and Camilla, start out on the side opposite from the knights, and have to deal with the wizards, who decimate that side. If I try to get both sides to come together, I'll either lose altogether due to one of those forces, or beat that half's boss and be defeated trying to get to the other boss. Also supports are severely impeding my progress/ I've only beaten the boss pair guarding the Hoshidans ONCE. In addition, Nohrian knights are not affected one bit by magic, arrows, or Jakob, and Benny does only 1 or 2 bars of damage even though he's a tank like Effie.
It's incredibly upsetting. Any advice?

That aside........
Effie's been the MVP so far (missed Takumi twice, then hit and defeated him and two other knights at the battle at Cheve).
I had to actually look on the Internet to realize that Arthur isn't voiced by Nathan Fillion, which is a small bit upsetting because he's such a Nathan Fillion character.
Oh, and Jakob has the best Critical voice lines by far. Especially considering the change to a serious face occurs right at the last word in his you are served/excused lines.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to.
Yeah, as Zebei said, just put Camilla and Xander on the left side
I think you're guaranteed to have a Hammer at this point(think it's a drop somewhere) but if not buy one in the Armory and equip it on Camilla

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Strowman may be one of the most powerful men in the world? How could Roman ever overcome the odds?

what are you doing on that wiki page
I was literally searching fun edits after seeing Braun became a super fan favorite

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

Do you know what they said about the Sonic Movie becuase I need some info on that becuase I feel negative about the movie

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I believe that is chapter 18 of conquest
You could always just have Xander and Camilla start on that side then :p
Yeah, as Zebei said, just put Camilla and Xander on the left side
I think you're guaranteed to have a Hammer at this point(think it's a drop somewhere) but if not buy one in the Armory and equip it on Camilla
I would if I knew how. How exactly do I do that? After I got Mozu, the game replaced Shura with Mozu, and I realized I could swap out units (which is how I found out that Benny and Selena were as useless as Niles, Odin, and Jakob and Shura agsint knights), but it appears to be putting people in somewhat randomly. Is there a specific order I have to put characters in the inventory in?

Also after realizing Thunder was useless I've been having Camilla use the Steel Axe she has, and it's been doing pretty good. Do hammers break armor and/or shields?

D

Deleted member

I would if I knew how. How exactly do I do that? After I got Mozu, the game replaced Shura with Mozu, and I realized I could swap out units (which is how I found out that Benny and Selena were as useless as Niles, Odin, and Jakob and Shura agsint knights), but it appears to be putting people in somewhat randomly. Is there a specific order I have to put characters in the inventory in?

Also after realizing Thunder was useless I've been having Camilla use the Steel Axe she has, and it's been doing pretty good. Do hammers break armor and/or shields?
Uhm, you do realise you can adjust the units you're using and where they start in the battle preps screen, right?

Camilla is useless with magic, she's better off reclassing to Wyvern Lord for the added Def and Str

And Hammers are effective against Armored units, meaning their Mt is multiplied by 3
So a Hammer on a General would have 36 Mt since it normally has 12.

I would if I knew how. How exactly do I do that?
In the start screen with stuff like "select units" click "view map" and then click a unit.

You can trade their places around, and have units be paired up on the first turn. There are exceptions to the rule, like Corrin who I believe can never be moved in story missions.

EDIT outsped like a general fighting a pegasus

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Protip
Press L, then select optimize weapons. Saves a lot of trouble and time

MainJPW

M.T.A
Do you know what they said about the Sonic Movie becuase I need some info on that becuase I feel negative about the movie
I posted a translation a couple posts up, Iizuka basically talked about the companies and talent that will be producing the movie. Tim Miller is responsible for overall production and Jeff Forlor is the director, Blur Studio ( produced the CG movies for the game Shadow The Hedgehog ) will be handling CG.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
TIL there's a Master Sword in Fire Emblem...

Apart from the colour and guard it's actually not that dissimilar to Zelda's Master Sword...

Anyways, I found this out while doing some research and it turns out the Master Sword's origin has been quite inconsistent throughout the games...At first it was stated that the Sages crafted the Sword after the Imprisoning War, then crafted by Ancient Sages, then the Hylians of Ancient times, and then of course it was made from the Goddess Sword which was created by Hylia before the events of Skyward Sword...

just goes to show how often retconning occurs within different games...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
TIL there's a Master Sword in Fire Emblem...

Apart from the colour and guard it's actually not that dissimilar to Zelda's Master Sword...
That's the Thracia one, it looks quite a bit different in (New) Mystery, though there's only a weapon icon for it.

In Mystery it's basically an enhanced Killing Edge, while in Thracia it's a heavier but more powerful Brave Sword. There's even a Master Axe, Lance, and Bow in Thracia in addition to the sword. And the Lance and Axe are 1-2 range!

Edit: And there's also Tearring Saga, though in that game Master weapons basically replace Brave weapons.

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I posted a translation a couple posts up, Iizuka basically talked about the companies and talent that will be producing the movie. Tim Miller is responsible for overall production and Jeff Forlor is the director, Blur Studio ( produced the CG movies for the game Shadow The Hedgehog ) will be handling CG.
Cool beans

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I almost forgot how much we talk about FE here.
Uhm, you do realise you can adjust the units you're using and where they start in the battle preps screen, right?

Camilla is useless with magic, she's better off reclassing to Wyvern Lord for the added Def and Str

And Hammers are effective against Armored units, meaning their Mt is multiplied by 3
So a Hammer on a General would have 36 Mt since it normally has 12.
Here we go again, elitist Shisho at it again, you just can't let anyone do one or twelve wrong thing, can you?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*tunes to Monday Night Raw at the end*

>Ring breaks
>THE REF ****ING FLIES
>RIP IN PERESTROISKA JOHN CONE

Sports entretained <---
Not sports entretained

Oh yeah, I almost forgot how much we talk about FE here.

Here we go again, elitist Shisho at it again, you just can't let anyone do one or twelve wrong thing, can you?
Get a room you two sheesh

Im so damn tired, I swear I just saw goku as someones icon
Look up a few posts above yours and see MainJPW :p
You def need some sleep haha
so do I.

*tunes to Monday Night Raw at the end*

>Ring breaks
>THE REF ****ING FLIES
>RIP IN PERESTROISKA JOHN CONE

Sports entretained <---
Not sports entretained
The second they climbed up I knew that would be the final spot. Real nice continuity since their last match had a reinforced ring. Stage breaking is always fun though and Ref was one bump away from getting a crushed skull or something.

But ****ing lol at Kalisto getting swapped to RAW only to manage to be a jobber to Braun day ****ing one haha

Cruiserweight division killed it again though and even salavaged the terrible TPP gimmick with a heel turn. Im going to miss 205 live now that my free trial to the 9.99 is over

D

Deleted member

Get a room you two sheesh
WE ALREADY HAVE A ROOM, ITS VERY COZY

That medieval Super Saiyan White 3 looks so rad.
>Dhampir who's a vampire hunter that wears 18th century-like clothing(AKA, my homie Goku) who's from a post-apocalyptic future ran by vampires who nuked most of the planet in 1999.
>Medieval

Choose one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

>Dhampir who's a vampire hunter that wears 18th century-like clothing(AKA, my homie Goku) who's from a post-apocalyptic future ran by vampires who nuked most of the planet in 1999.
>Medieval

Choose one.
He did. He chose medieval.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

>Medieval

Choose one.
I choose...

Neo-Classical :denzel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom