• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Was cooking more food for health on my main file for BotW...and I was used to cookingon my other file then I realized that I only have room for three extra hearts before max health so I only needed to cook with just one ingredient....don't want to waste those Durians, Truffles and Radishes...:p

I also died for the first time in a while...I'm encountering more Lynels with crushers than usual...for some reason I have a harder time avoiding their attacks and of course they almost one shot you if they hit...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For my playthrough of Pokemon Platinum, would it be a good idea to have my lead pokemon hold the lucky egg and have another hold the Exp. share when I grind (The reason I'm grinding is so that I can be properly leveled for the Elite Four and Cynthia)? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.
It wouldn't hurt. It's always good to raise the levels of your Pokemon so that they are close to a significant trainers' level range, especially in DPP when Cynthia is a very challenging champion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, my backlog is pretty much empty now. I gotta find something else to play for the moment.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What franchises haven't you played?
There's a lot that I've played, but haven't got the chance to finish any games fully. Generally, I prefer platformers and fighting games. But I'll mess around with other genres.

Like Contra and Castlevaina. I've played entries in the series(long time ago), but I haven't beaten them. Same with Mega Man Battle Network(but for that I REALLY want Physical copies).

I don't exactly have a good emulator on me(or a ton of cash for the E-Shop), but if I did I'd probably play Rondo of Blood at least.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, my backlog is pretty much empty now. I gotta find something else to play for the moment.
Hmm. . .since I don't know how much time you're trying to kill or what you've played, I'll suggest some games out of the extremely limited pool I've tried that have single player modes that can be played straightforwardly without being a big commitment or have objectives pursued to take the game closer to 100% if you need a bit longer.

I'd say either one of the 3DS Kirby games or Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Of course, seeing you say you don't have a ton of cash rather limits that a bit. . .

I suppose going retro for either franchise couldn't hurt. I still need to get around to doing that for Kid Icarus at some point especially since I liked the Masterpiece in Smash 4, but I'm waiting for Switch VC. Kirby's Adventure is definitely a good game, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you're interested, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is free to play on the 3DS.
Yeah, that's what I've been playing after Super Metroid. Pretty fun so far. But it's kind of a ***** to get more than a single weapon at a time.

Hmm. . .since I don't know how much time you're trying to kill or what you've played, I'll suggest some games out of the extremely limited pool I've tried that have single player modes that can be played straightforwardly without being a big commitment or have objectives pursued to take the game closer to 100% if you need a bit longer.

I'd say either one of the 3DS Kirby games or Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Of course, seeing you say you don't have a ton of cash rather limits that a bit. . .

I suppose going retro for either franchise couldn't hurt. I still need to get around to doing that for Kid Icarus at some point especially since I liked the Masterpiece in Smash 4, but I'm waiting for Switch VC. Kirby's Adventure is definitely a good game, though.
I've beaten Robobot. Which was really damn good. But yeah, I'm low on E-Shop money. Everything else I have is for other things.

D

Deleted member

There's a lot that I've played, but haven't got the chance to finish any games fully. Generally, I prefer platformers and fighting games. But I'll mess around with other genres.

Like Contra and Castlevaina. I've played entries in the series(long time ago), but I haven't beaten them. Same with Mega Man Battle Network(but for that I REALLY want Physical copies).

I don't exactly have a good emulator on me(or a ton of cash for the E-Shop), but if I did I'd probably play Rondo of Blood at least.
I personally prefer Castlevania IV and Bloodlines as starting points over Rondo of Blood when it comes to the platformer games. Mainly because not only are they easier to get a hold of(even through the emulator which isn't as simple as a snes or genesis emulator), but it's harder despite the lack of insta-deaths. Rondo is definitely easier than Dracula X though.

Also, IV and Bloodlines are also better than Rondo when it comes to platforming. But that's mostly because Rondo doesn't really have any. What makes Rondo great is the other aspects of it such as the cool atmosphere, enemies, and especially bosses. Most Castlevania games are great games anyways though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dear SEGA:

Thank you so much for not repeating the English voice acting trainwreck that was Puyo Pop Fever when working on Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Bonus points that the acting is actually awesome.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so ive beaten persona 5, game of the year
that is all go play it and now ill post my back of the box quote

"the grim reaper jumped me but it was flu season so he got depressed and commited suicide"

...wonder how that sounds out of context? and dont worry thats not a spoiler

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Konnichiwa Fest; a distributor of Animu and weeb stuff in México will bring the Yu-Gi-Oh!: Dark Side of Dimensions movie with a Latin American dub. :bluejump:

>But without the Original Voice Actors

*downloads Japanese version with english subs*

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can't wait for tomorrow's Samurai Jack (where Scotsman return)!

Now that Samurai Jack has a higher age rating, do you think Scotsman's insults will be cruder?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry to disappoint you Kuja fangirls and fanboys, but he suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of Black Waltz. Yes, people would rather have a mutated mass produced Black Mage over a flamboyant powerful Genome. Does everyone have a Black Mage fetish around here?

Now we are doing the first ever PlayStation 2 Final Fantasy. Your choices are Yuna, Auron, Kimahri, and Tidus.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Inb4 someone posts a certain FF X laughing scene to torture me.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Man, I wish Del Toro ended up making Hellboy 3. The first two are so fun.

Now that Samurai Jack has a higher age rating, do you think Scotsman's insults will be cruder?
I hope so

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry to disappoint you Kuja fangirls and fanboys, but he suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of Black Waltz. Yes, people would rather have a mutated mass produced Black Mage over a flamboyant powerful Genome. Does everyone have a Black Mage fetish around here?

Now we are doing the first ever PlayStation 2 Final Fantasy. Your choices are Yuna, Auron, Kimahri, and Tidus.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Inb4 someone posts a certain FF X laughing scene to torture me.

My duty has been fulfilled.

Now I will fade away...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
R.I.P. Clarence

Cartoon Network is really on the roll with these show cancellations. Whatever happened to Uncle Grandpa?

My duty has been fulfilled.

Now I will fade away...
This scene never gets old. I've appreciated him more ac a character when this happened. Good times.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
R.I.P. Clarence

Cartoon Network is really on the roll with these show cancellations. Whatever happened to Uncle Grandpa?

This scene never gets old. I've appreciated him more ac a character when this happened. Good times.
The video is more than just a scene, my friend.

It's a work of art.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This video gave me a really good laugh.:laugh:

Accurate representation of how Subaki ended up in the recent voting gauntlet. Also, the editing is on point in this video.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope that Bloodstained game is good so we atleast get one good spiritual successor.
I don't know, people who like the Banjo titles seem to be fond of Yooka Laylee. If you like those games, you'll probably enjoy it to some degree I imagine. And there's still Azure Striker Gunvolt. People liked those two games from that series well enough. More than Mighty No 9 anyhow.

For a Metroid one, you've got Guacamelee and Axiom Verge.

Probably. Though I worry he might not get the chance to meet up with Jack again.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know, people who like the Banjo titles seem to be fond of Yooka Laylee. If you like those games, you'll probably enjoy it to some degree I imagine. And there's still Azure Striker Gunvolt. People liked those two games from that series well enough. More than Mighty No 9 anyhow.

For a Metroid one, you've got Guacamelee and Axiom Verge.

Probably. Though I worry he might not get the chance to meet up with Jack again.
I ****ing love Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. They're both in my top 10 games for the n64.

But everytime I sat down to play Yooka Laylee my enjoyment of the game dropped. Every time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Very curious about how they're going to handle the Scotsman in the new season.

Hopefully they do him justice. He's one of my favorite characters in the show.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Clarence is confirmed to end in the same year as Adventure Time.

So yeah, they've killed off another show (except this one is younger than Uncle Grandpa).
Read up a little more on the production of that show. No longer surprised, I suppose, but still disappointing.

Never watched the show, though, so I guess life goes on for me.

Star Wars trailer.
Nah, I saw that on my like spree through the last few pages.

It certainly is a teaser trailer. Guess it's nice enough.

Guacamelee
Guacamelee is an astonishingly good game.

It's Metroid with goddamn luchadores.

And yet somehow I've never met another person who's played it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guacamelee is an astonishingly good game.

It's Metroid with goddamn luchadores.

And yet somehow I've never met another person who's played it.
I've played it but not much.

I think I originally played it on my brother's Vita.

And I THINK he got it on PS3 off PS Plus so I could play it that way too.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
don't you just love it when you lose all your recently-closed tabs history on Chrome since you've been using your Chrome account on other devices and you have to start anew

also thoughts on the direct, ARMS and Spla2n look fun, and I have the feeling the last 3 Smash Amiibo and their variations are still tied in to a Sm4sh Switch port in some fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom