• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The first trailer for Star Wars Episode VIII should be dropping today anywhere from about 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM EST

Also I call dibs on being the first one to post it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Told ya.

For me at least, she's pretty good at the game. Sadly she doesn't play Smash Bros anymore, she used to like it a lot.

If you have been following LWA Twitter...
Episode 15 is Chariot saving Akko.
Let the showdown begin.
Haven't been following them on Twitter but Tumbor exploded with it :p
The first trailer for Star Wars Episode VIII should be dropping today anywhere from about 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM EST

Also I call dibs on being the first one to post it
In how many hours is that?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Alright, much as I'd like to stick around for the Star Wars details it's officially Burning-Eyes-O'Clock.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go re-enact the thrilling tale of Go The **** To Sleep.

Let me know what I missed tonight.

Anyone want to post the book cover to rile Dashy and Zebes a bit?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Alright, much as I'd like to stick around for the Star Wars details it's officially Burning-Eyes-O'Clock.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go re-enact the thrilling tale of Go The **** To Sleep.

Let me know what I missed tonight.

Anyone want to post the book cover to rile Dashy and Zebes a bit?
Can do. Have a good rest

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Poor Zidane, I had the feeling he was gong to lose to Vivi. Though I can't blame them, Black Mages are an interesting class in Final Fantasy.

Next are the remainder of his IX party. Your choices are Quina, Amarant, Freya, and Eiko. Not to worry about a certain villain, he will get his time to shine this afternoon.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oh and good morning everyone!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
According to the Japanese ARMS website Spring Man really loves pizza, Ninjara is a bookworm, Mecha Mummy is a family man and Mechanica is a huge fangirl of Ribbon Girl.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
According to the Japanese ARMS website Spring Man really loves pizza, Ninjara is a bookworm, Mecha Mummy is a family man and Mechanica is a huge fangirl of Ribbon Girl.
I swear even though the gameplay doesn't look like it'd quite click with me perfectly, I LOVE the way they're handling the feel of this game.

Also Ribbon Girl and Minmin are quiet on their weight, but Mechanica's just like, "I don't care, you can have my weight, my mech's weight, you just know whatever."

Apparently most of the characters have a special power and Mechanica uses a mech because she doesn't have it? I'm guessing the story here is that she's a fangirl that thought ARMS fights were so awesome that she invented a mech just so she could participate herself.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The characters in ARMS are very charming. The world is grabbing me the same way Splatoon's world did. I hope the game has enough content to back it up.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
More like chARMing, right?
Well that pun certainly made a splash.

Ika know if ARMS will make the same inkpression as Splatoon, but I certainly fish the best for it as it looks inkredibly fresh. The world can certainly use a larger buffet of inkteresting ways to get a tactinkal splatvantage over your opponent.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's great seeing Nintendo making new big IPs. Splatoon's success played a big part in that.

It really shows that Nintendo hasn't lost their creativity.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's great seeing Nintendo making new big IPs. Splatoon's success played a big part in that.

It really shows that Nintendo hasn't lost their creativity.
I just hope they focus on a couple of other IPs that might not normally get as much attention without a convergent pipeline as well.

A lot of Nintendo's attempts at new IPs over the past few years didn't quite click with me aesthetics wise, but Splatoon and now ARMS have this INSANELY good atmosphere to them. They just nail the aesthetic and character of it all so perfectly and it's kind of breathtaking to take in. Everything from the character design to the music to the tiny little details just jumps right out as being perfect for each other, and it's all so zany and colorful and fun.

It's so good I can't help but at least think about getting ARMS a bit even though I know after Pokken didn't click with me I probably shouldn't.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That new Star Wars trailer was pretty good.
I just hope they focus on a couple of other IPs that might not normally get as much attention without a convergent pipeline as well.

A lot of Nintendo's attempts at new IPs over the past few years didn't quite click with me, but Splatoon and now ARMS have this INSANELY good atmosphere to them. They just nail the aesthetic and character of it all so perfectly and it's kind of breathtaking to take in. Everything from the character design to the music to the tiny little details just jumps right out as being perfect for each other, and it's all so zany and colorful and fun.

It's so good I can't help but at least think about getting ARMS a bit even though I know after Pokken didn't click with me I probably shouldn't.
Their previous attempts at new IPs probably didn't stick with you because they were pretty low key or just one offs.

Splatoon and ARMS are made by the big Nintendo teams, and feel like they could be major franchises in the future (as seen with Splatoon getting a sequel).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
R.I.P. Daisuke Saito (I dont' care of it's two weeks old, I don't go to AnimeNewsNetwork anymore).

Now there will be so many unanswered questions that will never be answered for Highschool of the Dead.

And too bad his brother is far too busy with Triage X these days.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Monster Hunting in BotW is surprisingly pretty fun...because when you find a boss or a Lynel you feel like you're making progress even if you've already beat them before...

Even if I've already fought them, it's good to gather materials, especially from Talus bosses...

Also finding a lot of Koroks along the way...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cartoon Netwrork US's schedule boggles my mind.
So much TTG is going to saturate the viewers. I don't think even fans of TTG can take in that much.

I'm glad Cartoon Network India is more sane. I haven't seen it in a few months, but I do remember Ed, Edd n Eddy and Dexter's lab used to air late at night.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
R.I.P. Daisuke Saito (I dont' care of it's two weeks old, I don't go to AnimeNewsNetwork anymore).

Now there will be so many unanswered questions that will never be answered for Highschool of the Dead.

And too bad his brother is far too busy with Triage X these days.
You're not alone, I was far too busy with BOTW than to check the same boring anime news every day. But this one was a big shock.

My brother used to be obsessed with that anime, never once had you seen one on the zombie apocalypse before. I had feeling the manga was on hiatus for four years for a reason. A damn shame the manga will be just as dead as the creator.

May he rest in piece, and hopefully not come out of his grave as one of Them. And what did he die of again?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I woke up today and opened Pokemon Go

Wild Dragonite was standing at my house

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Coronary Artery Disease. It gets blocked by fat deposits, apparently.
Jesus, that's definitely a horrible way to die.

Well, I wish serious condolences to his family, especially his brother who's at least alive and well working on Triage X. I doubt he would want to take the helm on Highschool of the Dead when his own work is far from finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom