• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The SWVIII trailer wasn't that hype tbh but I don't care tbh
I hate how most trailers these days just spoil the whole movie but this one just has basic stuff. Besides, I'm already really hyped for this movie :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...Puyo Puyo Tetris....Been playing the demo, and I'm not a fan...

I'm not really into the whole versus aspect of this and I'd rather just play traditional style Tetris instead of getting trolled by your opponents when your trying to set yourself up for chains and such...

Puyo Puyo as a game is decent, like a cross between Tetris and Bejeweled the way it works...but the competitive multiplayer, drop garbage on your opponent's side making me want to stop playing...no thanks

I hope a traditional Tetris becomes available actually...In addition to Metroid, Xenoblade, etc I'd like to see more time passing games like Tetris...Monopoly's decent actually as silly as it sounds, if it's not too pricey I might pick it up...

As I've once mentioned a collection featuring Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, etc would be awesome...with online play...

These sort of casual type games would be neat inbetween major releases....

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile Henry Fleming is drunk in a bar somewhere in the United States.

Probably in Washington.
"I helped save the world from extraterrestrial Armageddon and this is the thanks I get?"

"Henry, you're making a scene."

"Lincoln didn't die for this, John."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm not really into the whole versus aspect of this and I'd rather just play traditional style Tetris instead of getting trolled by your opponents when your trying to set yourself up for chains and such...

Puyo Puyo as a game is decent, like a cross between Tetris and Bejeweled the way it works...but the competitive multiplayer, drop garbage on your opponent's side making me want to stop playing...no thanks

I hope a traditional Tetris becomes available actually...In addition to Metroid, Xenoblade, etc I'd like to see more time passing games like Tetris...Monopoly's decent actually as silly as it sounds, if it's not too pricey I might pick it up...

As I've once mentioned a collection featuring Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, etc would be awesome...with online play...

I don't know if this will change anything but the full game offers solo play of both games along with the multiplayer

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman

Good. Because on a long trip, you need some of them.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't know if this will change anything but the full game offers solo play of both games along with the multiplayer
I figured as much, gives less incentive if they offer the solo play on the demo since I'd just play that all the time without ever buying the game....

Good. Because on a long trip, you need some of them.
Not like I ever go on long trips anymore to begin with...having no money really sucks...

and if I do it's usually just to another city and I'm usually the one driving so that doesn't really help...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
the hurt bee invited a friend.... :l
Injured/dying bees emit small vibrations detected by other bees as a call for help, depending on the intensity of the call this can cause the arrival of an entire swarm. Same applies to wasps.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Injured/dying bees emit small vibrations detected by other bees as a call for help, depending on the intensity of the call this can cause the arrival of an entire swarm. Same applies to wasps.
If the whole squad comes to my sunroom, I swear I will blow the place up in flames. For now, Im just covering holes so more his buds wont show up

And looks like his friend bailed on him

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And Freya won this rind with Quina in second place. While I'm surprised the genderless chef has a following, but who wouldn't blame them for liking Freya. Dragon Knight's are cool.

Next are the antagonists of Final Fantasy IX before we move on to Final Fantasy X. And no, Necron is far better as a boss than a playable character, and quite frankly no fan likes him. Your choices are Garland (Not the the one from FF1), Jani, Black Waltz, and Kuja.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Glad that I'm doing this again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And Freya won this rind with Quina in second place. While I'm surprised the genderless chef has a following, but who wouldn't blame them for liking Freya. Dragon Knight's are cool.

Next are the antagonists of Final Fantasy IX before we move on to Final Fantasy X. And no, Necron is far better as a boss than a playable character, and quite frankly no fan likes him. Your choices are Garland (Not the the one from FF1), Jani, Black Waltz, and Kuja.

I selected Garland but I didn't notice it said 9

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I selected Garland but I didn't notice it said 9
Garland in 9 is a completely different character from the original.

Sure they are both evil overlords, but this one is a more serious character and doesn't brag about knocking you alll down.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, BoTW on Switch sold more than the Switch itself. 906,000 Switches vs 925,000 Switch BoTWs.

How. Why.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Garland in 9 is a completely different character from the original.

Sure they are both evil overlords, but this one is a more serious character and doesn't brag about knocking you alll down.
I found Garland to barely be a character in 9

You only see him in one part of the game

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Necron is a glorified Big Lipped Alligator Moment that came out of nowhere only to be defeated and never spoken of again.

I'll always view Kuja as the superior IX villain because of the flaws with that monstrosity.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, BoTW on Switch sold more than the Switch itself. 906,000 Switches vs 925,000 Switch BoTWs.

How. Why.
You can thank me later. ;)

--------------------------

So the online features in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe are live now. You have to update the software to access them though.

Here's the prices for Gem Apples:

50 Gem Apples: €0.69
100 Gem Apples: €1.29
200 Gem Apples: €2.39
500 Gem Apples: €5.49
1,000 Gem Apples: €9.99
1,500 Gem Apples: €14.99
2,150 Gem Apples: €19.99

There's also a few "one-time deals" that allow you to buy some of these packs at much cheaper prices, but they only work once.

I actually think these prices are pretty fair. The one-time deals in particular are a steal. Still wish there was online multiplayer though.

Additionally, purchasing the 50 pack the first time will immediately upgrade your Harvest Tree by one level and give you an additional 8 Gem Apples immediately.

Also when you summon wanderers (other player's Kirbs...yes that's what I'm calling the plural of Kirby, shoosh) they show up in your town and it's SO CUTE BECAUSE YOU CAN WALK UP TO THEM AND SAY "HI!".

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
For my playthrough of Pokemon Platinum, would it be a good idea to have my lead pokemon hold the lucky egg and have another hold the Exp. share when I grind (The reason I'm grinding is so that I can be properly leveled for the Elite Four and Cynthia)? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like I still haven't done by reviews on Attack on Titan season 2 episode 2 and Chapter 92. Better get to work on that.

I couldn't help but notice we have some signs of character development coming out of Eren when Mikasa gave him that coat. If this was season 1, Eren would've just shoved away any attempt of Mikasa to care for Eren in some way, but here, he doesn't protest when Mikasa puts it on for him. I can already tell this is going to build up to a moment where Eren will care for Mikasa back in some significant scene. Come to think of it, that's probably why they moved the flashback from Chapter 50 to episode 1 of season 2: to initiate a buildup for Eren sticking up to Mikasa in some way.

And in addition to that badass clip of Armin looking back at the wall as they departed on carriage, my boy Eren was looking pretty cool in that one still:

And lol at Moblit hurrying Hange up with that jumpy animation. Hange shrugged off Moblit's plea, but when Levi told her the same thing, then she made her move. It's like she considers Levi more important or something.

The second half of the episode is where things get really good. Sasha returns to her hometown in a forest, only to find a new village has been built nearby. It is around this point they really flesh out Sasha's backstory and character. She came from a village that hunted animals for a living, and we learn there was a meat shortage once Wall Maria fell because forests needed to be cleared in order to build new villages and farm fields. When her dad tells her about this and scolds her for eating a meat surplus, she expresses her discontent about the recent developments. Her father counters her by saying the reason the reason more effort has been put into the new villages and not giving some added funding to the pre-existing hunting villages is because they all share the same planet. Sasha basically replies with, "Who even cares about the others," and her dad counters that by saying, "Don't think they'll do anything for you if you won't do anything for them." It's those words that motivate Sasha to joining the military.

We also learn that Sasha started to speak formally during the military years because she felt ashamed of her country accent. Ymir calls her out on it and tells her she needs to learn to not let other people's judgment affect her negatively and just be who she normally is, though Krista begs to differ. Ymir's words are especially important here, because they will also play an important role in developing another character later on.

Anyways, back to the episode, Sasha finds a girl who is frozen paranoid as a small Titan devours her mother alive. Sasha runs in and tries to kill the Titan by slicing its nape with a hatchet, but the force of the blow causes the hatchet to knock into the ceiling, forcing her to take the child and run. I loved the attention to detail with Sasha's facial expressions and word delivery when she communicated with the mother. You can tell she did not want to take the child away from her, but she had to in order to save her life.

Sasha's panicked attitude ultimately scares her horse away, and so they have to escape on foot. Her panic leaves once she remembers what Ymir told her in their military training years, thus allowing her to act natural and encourage the girl to run down the path. What follows is a badass scene of Sasha firing arrows at the Titan in an attempt to blind it, with the final arrow being named into the Titan's eye without the use of a bow. There's a suspenseful moment where the Titan hugs her, but she manages to escape just like when she attacked her dad in the flashback. Her dad eventually catches up with her, with a group that has carried the girl to safety, and he states how proud he is Sasha showed care for someone else.

And that is character development folks! Sasha went from someone who didn't really care about people outside her villages to showing that level of care by saving an outside girl from a Titan. Moreover, she managed to take on a Titan head-on instead of acting cowardly like she usually does.

Meanwhile, Connie returns to his village, only to find it was ravished by Titans already. He also encounters a Titan that resembles his mom and rests on top of his house, and it shocks everyone! Oh boy, we're in for some big stuff! The episode ends thereafter.

Next week, the Castle Utgard battle begins, and it's going to be lit! Can't wait!

All in all, this episode was awesome, and it's especially worth watching for all the Sasha fans here because Sasha's backstory is fleshed out, and she gets some great development.

And now it's time to review the recent AoT manga chapter. I forgot to review Chapter 91 from last month, so I'll combine a review of that with this one. In fact, it should work pretty well considering how these chapters flow perfectly well with each other.

Chapter 91 Review:

Chapter 91 begins with a setting that contradicts what readers were expected. Instead of exploring more of what our heroes have been doing in that time-skip following the Battle for Shingashina, we now see a battle taking place in front of a fort where several Eldian soldiers were killed or severely injured in a charge against it. A young Eldian soldier is among them. His name is Falco, and he has an older brother named Colt who is in that same army. Falco lies on the ground with a large cut on the side of his forehead, and he reaches out to a hawk that is flying by; he encourages the hawk to fly far away.

The opening pages have some great symbolism going on. At the end of the last chapter, Eren was pointing toward the sea to indicate Marley's location: on the other side the ocean. It transitions quite well into what is going on: a conflict taking place on the other side of the ocean. It's also worth noting Falco reaches to the sky in a way that parallels Eren's pointing. Falco encourages the hawk to fly "somewhere far away," and for all we know, that hawk could be making tis way to Paradise Island where Eren and our heroes are. It gives the sense their world is connected: Eldians live on both Paradise and the mainland continent.

The hawk also symbolizes freedom due to its ability to fly wherever it wants. You know what else has wings associated with it? The Survey Corps. Their logo are bird wings, and they seek freedom from the Titans. Perhaps these opening pages could also be symbolic foreshadowing that Falco will join our heroes side later on?

Colt rushes to save Falco and brings him to a ditch where several more young Eldian soldiers, a Marleyan soldier, and a Marleyan captain are waiting. The young soldiers are named Gabi, Udo, and Zofia. The Marleyan soldier is unnamed, but the Marleyan captain is named Magath. Colt explains Magath the current situation. Meanwhile, because Falco is suffering from amnesia due to his head injuries, Gabi, Udo, and Zofia remind him the situation: the Marleyans have been at war for four years against another nation called the Mid-East Allied Forces, and they are currently fighting a battle to capture a Mid-East fort called Fort Slava. If they can capture the fort, they can easily defeat the Mid-East navy a short distance from there. Up to this point, Marley has lost half of its navy just to achieve control of the seas. Later dialogue between Magath and Colt also reveals that the war started after Marley lost the Colossal and Female Titan powers (moreso the former because the Female Titan has left the Marleyan army for a while), so the Mid-East Allied Forces wanted to take advantage of Marley's weakened state.

Well, this reveal is significant for two reasons:
  1. We get another time skip! This time, it's now been 3 years after Wall Maria was reclaimed. Not gonna lie, but now I look forward to seeing how our heroes look like after another time skip like this.
  2. It reveals why Marley didn't follow up with another attack on the Walls after they lost in the Battle for Shingashina. Considering the time frame between the conclusion of the Clash of the Titans+Uprising arc and the Return to Shingashina arc, you'd expect Marley would follow up with another attack just a short while after Wally Maria was reclaimed. Nope, turns out they had another enemy they needed to deal with in that time frame. Fighting two wars at once is costly after all.
Falco wonders why were some Eldian soldiers like him, Gabi, Udo, Zofia, and Colt sent to the frontline to capture Fort Slava. Gabi tells him the reason: Captain Magath has decided this battle will be the final test for the current warriors in the warrior cadet program. Following it, the Marleyan army will determine who will be the next warrior.

So now we know what those Eldian soldiers are doing here, but oh man, what a surprise this was when reading it! We finally have our first glimpse how the warrior program is like, or at least a part of it. I was expecting the warrior program to be revealed via flashbacks from Reiner or Zeke (though it could still happen later at this point), but instead, our glimpse into the warrior program is told from a present-day setting.

Gabi also reveals this next warrior will be the one to succeed Reiner, the current holder of the Armored Titan power. Looks like Reiner's is almost up (yet from what we've seen of his current appearance, he doesn't look too aged) We also learn in some later dialogue between Colt and Magath that Colt is set to inherit the Beast Titan from Zeke (who also doesn't look too aged since his last appearance; in fact, he looks younger).

Gabi seems to be very determined in becoming the next warrior. Her dialogue stemming from that was really interesting:

What makes her dialogue interesting is that it shows us how brainwashed the Eldian warriors are. They really do think all the Walled Eldians are devils that deserved to be eradicated. Gabi seems to be so brainwashed into thinking this that she thinks if she can exterminate them, she will be able to free all of the mainland-continent Eldians from the ghettos, or the "good Eldians" in other words. If she becomes the next Armored Titan and appears in the final battle later on, one of our heroes will surely need to give her a smack talk to convince her that what she's been learning up until now is just brainwashed material from the Marleyans.

It's also worth noting that Gabi is a parallel to Eren in several ways. For one, both see their enemies as dehumanized materials of some sort (in Eren's case, before he learned about the truth in the basement), and they believe their enemies should be eradicated so that peace amongst their people can be achieved. Both characters are also willing to take risks, even if the situation looks dire. In Eren's case, this was best portrayed in the Battle of Trost where he was able to rally his group to attack the Titans. Here, in the coming pages, Gabi takes the risk of attacking the enemy railway to destroy a major weapon that could destroy the Marleyan's main weapon.

We learn that Gabi is building a dynamite, and the scene transitions into some dialogue between Colt and Magath. Colt tells him there is no way to attack the tracks behind the enemy machine gun, but they could destroy it if they use "Jaws" and "Cartman." As revealed later on, Colt is referring to two Titan Shifters: one with a double jaw, the other that is a quadruped. Remember the one Titan that was a quadruped in the last arc? Yep, the Mule Titan, and it showed high levels of intelligence compared to the Pure Titans. We learn that "Jaws" and "Cartman" are named Galliard and Pieck respectively. Know what this means? The Mule Titan was indeed a Titan Shifter this whole time. No surprise IMO, but I'm glad we have official confirmation now.

Magath explains bringing forth "Jaws," "Cartman," the Armored Titan, and the Beast Titan wouldn't work at the moment, and it is especially the case when an armored train appears from the fort mounted with powerful machine guns. The shells these guns release are strong enough to blow through a Titan's nape and kill them instantly, even the Titan Shifters. If the Titan Shifter gets killed from it, the power of that Titan will be passed on to some random Eldian infant, and the Marleyans will have no way of finding that Titan power.

As the train starts to reach the trench location and the 800 Eldians in the Marley Army will launch a charge, Gabi comes forward and offers to do that entire task all be herself by using the single dynamite she created. Magath is skeptical at first, but Gabi eventually convinces him otherwise. She takes off her entire uniform and proceeds to walk toward the Mid-East machine gun hideout with the dynamite strapped to her ankle. Apparently, soldiers wearing plainclothes is a violation of international law, but only if the enemy soldiers that are alive see it. She falls to the ground in an attempt to feigning injury, but this gives her the chance to throw the dynamite onto the train tracks just as the armored train arrives. The dynamite explodes as the train makes contact, destroying the entire train in the process. The operation is a success! Magath orders Galliard to turn into a Titan and launch an attack. Mid-East soldiers start firing at Gabi as she attempts to flee, and Falco jumps out of the trench and runs toward her. Just as the barrage of guns are about to hit them both, Galliard saves them in the nick of time, and we have our glimpse at our newest Titan Shifter:

Galliard, the Jaw Titan!

Damn, Galliard's Titan looks really badass! When I first read this chapter, I speculated his Titan's special ability has to do with its bites. Titans already have some powerful jaws to tear through human flesh, but with the cog-like jaws, I had a feeling they allowed his Titan to have such a strong biting ability that it could bite through Reiner's Armor. Looks like my suspicions would be largely confirmed next chapter when we see more of the Jaw Titan in action.

As Galliard proceeds to destroy the Mid-East machine gun fort, the chapter ends.

Chapter 92 Review:

Compared to the last chapter, Chapter 92 is very action-heavy. Within this action, we have some memorable moments. It begins with a glimpse with what's going on from the top of the battle. It appears that a whole group of Eldians have been drugged with some kind of substance. Two other warriors are there as well:

It's Reiner and Zeke! Both look pretty great here. The light beard makes Reiner appear more mature and ready to take action. Zeke gets a haircut and a trimmed-up beard, and I must say, Zeke's redesign looks far better compared to when we first saw him. That haircut does wonders!

Back on the ground, the Eldian warriors begin their charge, and Galliard proceeds to attack the train tracks. It is here we see the Jaw Titan in real action!

So it turns out the Jaw Titan has two sets of jaws. This allows it to tear apart even steel objects such as the train tracks. Looks like I was right about how it's power is related to having a very powerful bite, stronger than any other Titan we've seen in the series.

Just as Mid-East soldiers try to shoot down the Eldian warriors that were charging forward, another player intervenes!

Pieck the Mule Titan has arrived... mounted with mechanical armor and two machine guns on its back! THAT is just awesome!

Falco and Gabi make their way back to the trench as Pieck proceeds to kill the remaining Mid-East soldiers in that hideout. Falco brings one injured Mid-East soldier on the way. Gabi and the Marleyan soldier find it odd for Falco to bring an enemy over to them, but Falco could be thinking this might be his chance to be seen as a redeemable Eldian from the enemy's perspective. The way how Falco's face lights up in that one panel implies it. The Mid-East soldier manages to utter several words in some foreign language. Noticing that Udo reacted to it, Falco asks him to translate (looks like Udo knows how to speak that Mid-East language). It turns out the Mid-East soldier was saying, "Don't touch me. You'll corrupt me. Devils."

So Major Gross wasn't kidding when he said the entire world hates Eldians. The words coming out of the Mid-East's soldiers mouth confirm it. Later dialogue from the Mid-East soldiers also add to this confirmation when they call Reiner and Galliard as descendants to Ymir Fritz, who is labelled in a pretty vulgar term.

Another attention to detail I really liked was Udo's reaction when he first heard the Mid-East soldier's words.

Look at how horrified Udo is when he hears that soldier speak. That shows just how vulgar those words are, and for a young Eldian like him, no wonder it would rattle his mind.

With the armored train, its track, and the Mid-East machine gun hideout destroyed, the Marleyans proceed to use their airborne unit to take care of the rest. As the Eldian warriors and Galliard retreat to the trenches, the drugged Eldians are dropped off the plane.

The way they appear reminds you of Pure Titans, don't you think?

As each of those Eldians are parachuted off the plane, Zeke proceeds to let out a scream. Why the scream? Because this:

Yep, the big reveal: Zeke can turn Eldians into Titans just by screaming! However, in order for this to work, the Eldians need to be drugged by some kind of substance first. This reveal confirms how Zeke managed to turn everyone in Connie's village into Titans in the Clash of the Titans arc (which we are now seeing in the anime). The only question that emerges from this: how did Zeke manage to drug all the inhabitants of Connie's village before turning them into Titans? He couldn't have drugged them individually. Maybe, he released the drug as a pathogen? That's the only way I can see how he managed to do it back then.

It also confirms that this is how Zeke managed to create that large army of Pure Titans in the last arc. Remember that large line of explosions in the distance when Zeke and those Titans appeared. Looks like that scream made it possible! However, considering this happened beyond Wall Maria, I have a feeling the Eldians in that situation were transported to the island to be turned into Titans the same way those Eldians are treated here.

And the look on the warriors' faces as they watch the transformation unfold is heartbreaking. Gabi in particular looks quite heartbroken watching those Eldians turn into Titans. Even Udo and Falco look distraught.

The massive hoard of newly-created Titans rain down on Fort Slava. The majority of the Eldian soldiers are either killed from the moment the Titans crash onto the fort or the surviving Titans devour some of the soldiers (sixty percent of those Pure Titans died upon impact due to the high altitude). Watching this unfold, I couldn't help but think the Walled Eldians are going to be in for quite a heated final battle if the Marleyans implement that same strategy agains them (though I wonder why didn't they do it earlier back when they attacked Wall Maria the first time).

As we watch the Titans kill the Mid-East soldiers within the fort, it becomes clear that Marley treats Eldians as tools for war and nothing else. Even that one Marleyan soldier comments that they are used only for the frontline while the other Marleyan soldiers just stay behind. Later on, that same soldier even comments how Eldians used Pure Titans against the Marleyans just like what Marley is doing right now.

Reiner begins his descent, assessing the number of Anti-Titan artilleries remaining. He notes the walls around the fort, and he has a flashback to his time in the military with Eren and the others. Before transforming in mid-air, Reiner states, "I've had enough of walls." You can tell the sight of walls reminds me of his time when he lived on Paradise Island, and Reiner seems to be fed up with them after all the trouble he's been through.

Together with Galliard, Reiner kills the remaining Mid-East soldiers within Fort Slava. Zeke then makes his descent. His words as he makes his descent only add to the interesting dynamics of his character. He states, "Isn't war a terrible thing?" It puts Zeke in a more human light. He was dragged into war in the first place because of his father forcing him to join the Warrior Program. No wonder he doesn't like war, and he only goes through with it because it's necessary (and the brainwashing from the Marleyans only ensure he will do what is needed).

Zeke proceeds to throw a barrage of shells at the Mid-East Navy at the nearby shore. He manages to destroy the fleet, but right before destruction, the fleet fire some Anti-Titan shells at him, but Reiner comes to the rescue and takes the blunt of the attack. Reiner was most certainly Zeke's "shield" just like the plan said so. With the destruction of their navy, the Mid-East Allied Forces surrender to Marley, and the 4-year war between the two nations come to a close. The chapter ends with a narration, noting that it became clear Marley can't just rule with the Titan powers they currently have. They need the Founding Titan's power more than ever if they want to win the war.

Wow, what a chapter! It was interesting watching the concluding events of this war. We got to see how powerful those Titan shifters can be, and we see just how advanced Marleyan technology is compared to the Walled Eldians. These two chapters also show how the Marleyans need the Founding Titan more than ever if they want to remain a superpower, because their power is declining. The Walled Eldians are in for one epic final battle, and we can only wonder if they have made any improvements in their military technology in any capacity to prepare for what's to come.

I also liked Gabi's characterization over the course of these two chapters. Gabi is a parallel to Eren from her risky behavior to the way she views her enemy. She seemed quite confident and ready-for-anything when she destroyed the armored train, but then we see how distraught she can be when watching the mass amounts of Eldians transform into Pure Titans just to be used as weapons, as well as watching Reiner struggle in the battle to the point he appears incapicated from that final shell blast at the end of the chapter. The confident and horrified aspects to what we've seen of her put her in a human light.

It's also clear Gabi or Falco will become the next Armored Titan due to the focus they received in the past two chapters. Either one will make for some interesting interactions with Eren once they fight with him in the final battle.

I also have a feeling Reiner has survived that blast because of his plot armor, but he will be eaten very soon to make way for the next warrior.

I predict next chapter will examine more of the conclusion of the Mid-East Allied Forces vs Marley war, and then there will be a transition to what's been going within the walls to give readers a glimpse at how our heroes have been preparing for the war these past few years.

@|Ersatz| @Frostwraith

What were your thoughts on the 2nd episode of AoT season 2 and Chapters 91 & 92 of the manga?

Quite the epic events indeed!

Last edited:

Chrono.

That's kinda the whole point of Puyo though. Plus with enough quick thinking and the right set ups, garbage can actually help you chain combos.

Though PPT actually does have an Endless mode where you just play by yourself for a high score with either Puyo or Tetris.

D

Deleted member

I would vote Kuja right now if twitter was working for me, but the school wifi blocks out twiiter and my service is too weak to load tweets at all.

And of course today is the day where I go to my job directly after school.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sometimes at my house we used to have multiple copies of the same game because siblings didn't want to share it

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think it's pretty obvious why people are buying more of BotW than Switches, which has to do with how hard the system is to find...

People want BotW, people want a Switch...they buy what's available...

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
According to the Japanese ARMS website Spring Man really loves pizza, Ninjara is a bookworm, Mecha Mummy is a family man and Mechanica is a huge fangirl of Ribbon Girl.
D'aw! It sounds just like some family.

Also MinMin for Smash idc about Ribbon Girl and Toothpaste Man.

D

Deleted member

According to the Japanese ARMS website Spring Man really loves pizza, Ninjara is a bookworm, Mecha Mummy is a family man and Mechanica is a huge fangirl of Ribbon Girl.
I misread that as Ninjara being the one who really loves pizza and I was like "where have I seen ninjas having fascination with pizza before....oh wait."

Now I'm disappointed it was the wrong character. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finally bothered to finish Super Metroid today. Last time I stopped, about last week I was pretty much done as it is. Great game as expected. The last boss didn't take very long at all. Obviously, I'd recommend it for anyone who hasn't played it. My time was 07:07. Not great, but not too terrible. Every other time I played, it was only for a short while. So I didn't get to go far.

Aside from that, Team Kirby Deluxe is actually pretty fun, though it's pretty much a jacked up phone game, what with the waiting and all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I found the key to avoiding Jury Duty

Call at the very last second

If all positions have been filled they don't require your service!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just thought of a cool matchup while I was working.
Master Mummy vs. Anakaris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom