• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Look, putting the show's aside.

Is it really good for a network to have 62% of your schedule be the same show?

I feel Nickelodeon wasn't even this extreme with their constant reruns of SpongeBob.

It sucks, Cartoon Network was my favorite TV channel growing up. Ed Edd n Eddy was my favorite show, but I'd be sick of it if it took up more than half of channel's schedule.
Yeah like, Im ok with Teen Titans Go, but to much of one thing is never a good thing. Just wish they played new things. I think they used to play loony toons in the mornin

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It can't have been THAT long ago that Cartoon Network still balanced out it's showings with older shows and a more varied balance of their current ones, right? . . .Right?
cartoon network 3000 years.png

Hopefully this is just a one-week thing, but my confidence is not high.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Look, putting the show's aside.

Is it really good for a network to have 62% of your schedule be the same show?

I feel Nickelodeon wasn't even this extreme with their constant reruns of SpongeBob.

It sucks, Cartoon Network was my favorite TV channel growing up. Ed Edd n Eddy was my favorite show, but I'd be sick of it if it took up more than half of channel's schedule.
Tbh I don't mind Teen Titans Go and I can enjoy it (it only airs 2 hours per day here; 1 hour block, 2 of 15 minutes and 1 half hour properly scattered throughout the day so I don't get mad because it doesn't get shoved on my face) but pushing a show like that only causes more anger that in reponse causes more trolling from the producers, but as long the buzz about it continues (like ranting on twitter or visiting YT videos of the show just to downvote) the series will live.

Teen Titans GO is basically the Roman Reigns of Cartoon Network.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As someone who doesn't live in the US to check it by myself...

Please tell me this **** is a joke
Nope all real so they can make children hunt for Easter Eggs from DC within the reruns. Which is kind of dumb. This is why SU has such ****** scheduling on here and makes me sad :(

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Switch sold 906,000 units in the US in the month of March.

The only console/handheld that had a better opening was PS4.

Damn.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The Switch sold 906,000 units in the US in the month of March.

The only console/handheld that had a better opening was PS4.

Damn.
And it launched in March too.

It's impressive that they sold that much in one month, but the fact that it was in March and not in the holidays is even more so. I really hope the demand for it stays consistent w/o sudden drops in interest.

Then again, considering that we're getting a big first party title per month (at least iirc) for the rest of 2017, I don't think it will.

Don't get me started on how Zelda has sold more than the Switch itself though :laugh:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is true, but HER ARMS AND HAIR ARE RAMEN. And I'm pretty sure the dragon is just one of the variable fists, her actual power is that kick.
Also her hat being a Ramen bowl lol.
Another thing is her voice lines. I hear her saying La-mien(Not Ramen, she's saying ramen's kanji in Mandarin.) When she uses her kick, she says "Jiang Shao mien", Sauce Noodle in Mandarin. Which is pretty interesting.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Anyone know what this Fate Excella: The Umbral Star is?
A game that was indeed a game that turn into anime and manga. A series my sis likes.
It's a weeb game that's not actually good, but if you're a mega weeb and into the Fate series, you'll probably love it regardless. Otherwise, just ignore it and play a better Musou game
I guess that makes my sis a weeb then...
I'm not sure what she thinks about Fates Extella, but I bet she is going to buy Switch because of that game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
A game that was indeed a game that turn into anime and manga. A series my sis likes.

I guess that makes my sis a weeb then...
I'm not sure what she thinks about Fates Extella, but I bet she is going to buy Switch because of that game.
I'm sorry, but your sis has a case of "The Weebs."

It's too late, there's not much we could do now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Doctor.

Do we need to sign her up for Western First Person Shooter Therapy?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

She is not the only way one though. She also likes to cosplay as well, and she also likes Kantai Collection series. To sum up there nothing wrong being a" weeb", I don't even though was is the true definition of weeb lol.
Doctor.

Do we need to sign her up for Western First Person Shooter Therapy?
Absolutely no need lol, she hates that kind of game genre. She also like League of Legends, so that's a plus.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im on route for the true ending and let me tell you i never saw it coming
first off let me say im SUPER glad atlus made akechi's bs obvious to not only the player but the party as well they expertly subverted my expectations of p4 culprit 2.0, secondly i had spoiled my self on one thing "what happens if you fail to beat a dungeon in the time given" thankfully tv tropes did infact manage to be decent and not spoil who would do the deed even if i had my a general since aketchis reveal (seriously my first thought was "hes going to be a party member follwoed by hes going to betray me")
given the fact i knew that you get killed if you fail to finish a dungeon on time seeing the cutscene where the main character gets shot FREAKED me right the **** out, and made the so when they game revealed they knew the whole time that aketchi was pulling a fast one on them and that they were using him against himself that ****ing made my jaw drop followed by the biggest **** eating grin

now if youll excuse me the end is in sight for my first playthrough....i want that platinum trophy

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
She is not the only way one though. She also likes to cosplay as well, and she also likes Kantai Collection series. To sum up there nothing wrong being a" weeb", I don't even though was is the true definition of weeb lol.
doctoravi_full.png

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , Kurri ★ Kurri ★ - I'm sorry.

There's nothing I can do.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can't believe that I'm 35% percent done with Zelda and half of the entire map is completed.

The game sure is fine despite my issues with breaking a cool weapon that you can never keep.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How come when I joke about weebs, the thread gets on my ass yet whenever anyone else does, they're perfectly a-okay?

That's bull****.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"oh hey the new banner is up in FE heroes i should do a single pull "gets alm" huh *pulls two more times and gets fodder and abel*...welp im done with this banner

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As long as no one is posting about how their kokoro goes doki doki my face generally refrains from contorting.

Though sometimes the waifu wars get me there too. They're fictional illustrations...

For someone who spends too much time on the internet I still don't really "get" a lot of its culture. :p

D

Deleted member

I don'r get why Cartoon Network seems so invested in TTG, there's no reason to, they just keep pushing it like Nintendo does with FE now but TTG didn't receive any praise and the only reason it has a high viewership is because kids are too lazy to change the channel unless something really ****ty is on.
Like, why? They have all these good shows that they can still rerun before heing considered old, I can't believe that with AT, RS, SU, Gumball, WBB and even ****ing Uncle Grandpa that they can't just split the airing evenly.

It's almost like they do it in response to the fans' reaction towards TTG on purpose but nah, that'd be totallt petty for a TV network

I kinda miss those old, weird live-action Latin shows that they kept showing around 2009~2011

Also, @ weebs:
How is being a weaboo any different from heing a westaboo? I mean, I bet a lot of you are the latter, you 3D-lovers :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
No Japanese titles in the poll? What's with this madness?

"i probably shouldnt do a pull with how bad my luck has been but im hyped for echies"
*4 star kagero*
"i wanted that cool"
*5 star Alm*

oh
i think i have every red lord BUT Lyn and Roy

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Cartoon Network lost one of the only reasons to watch it when Disney bought Star Wars. Now with Regular Show finished there's nothing on there that's even remotely entertaining.

I guess they'll have Young Justice when that returns but until then it's all ear bleeding mediocrity.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Cartoon Network lost one of the only reasons to watch it when Disney bought Star Wars. Now with Regular Show finished there's nothing on there that's even remotely entertaining.

I guess they'll have Young Justice when that returns but until then it's all ear bleeding mediocrity.

I thought Young Justice was going to Netflix?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don'r get why Cartoon Network seems so invested in TTG, there's no reason to, they just keep pushing it like Nintendo does with FE now but TTG didn't receive any praise and the only reason it has a high viewership is because kids are too lazy to change the channel unless something really ****ty is on.
Like, why? They have all these good shows that they can still rerun before heing considered old, I can't believe that with AT, RS, SU, Gumball, WBB and even ****ing Uncle Grandpa that they can't just split the airing evenly.

It's almost like they do it in response to the fans' reaction towards TTG on purpose but nah, that'd be totallt petty for a TV network

I kinda miss those old, weird live-action Latin shows that they kept showing around 2009~2011

Also, @ weebs:
How is being a weaboo any different from heing a westaboo? I mean, I bet a lot of you are the latter, you 3D-lovers :p
Nintendo has one of their studios -which had their last two attempts at something other than Fire Emblem flop- focusing in on the one IP that does well for them and is loaning out the IP to some third parties, alongside having a coincidence pileup cause some overload in Smash. The vast majority of their studios and marketing focus is still focused on other franchises, and Mario has gotten as heavy of output as FE for far, far longer.

Cartoon Network made 62% of their output nothing but Teen Titans Go. If Nintendo did what Cartoon Network is doing, Smash would have 30 FE characters and there'd be twice as many Fire Emblem games announced as there are now with everything else struggling to get a game in between. Nintendo isn't even on the same planet as Cartoon Network with this.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I thought Young Justice was going to Netflix?
I don't think they explicitly said it would be on Netflix though they often did mention it numerous times before they did do the announcement.
If it is on Netflix then CN can stay losing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
35 orbs exclusively on reds down the drain, and no Alm to show for it.

Curse you, gacha gods.

But hey I got another Chrom so it's not too terrible.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo has one of their studios -which had their last two attempts at something other than Fire Emblem flop- focusing in on the one IP that does well for them and is loaning out the IP to some third parties, alongside having a coincidence pileup cause some overload in Smash. The vast majority of their studios and marketing focus is still focused on other franchises, and Mario has gotten as heavy of output as FE for far, far longer.

Cartoon Network made 62% of their output nothing but Teen Titans Go. If Nintendo did what Cartoon Network is doing, Smash would have 30 FE characters and there'd be twice as many Fire Emblem games announced as there are now with everything else struggling to get a game in between. Nintendo isn't even on the same planet as Cartoon Network with this.
It's just a goddamn analogy, you don't have to analyse it like it's a Smash 4 rumor, chill dude

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's just a goddamn analogy, you don't have to analyse it like it's a Smash 4 rumor, chill dude
Well I don't HAVE to, it's just a hobby. :4megaman:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360486

When I read things like that thread title dozens of times over with people being dead serious, even things that aren't even meant as complaints start to melt together as someone thinking something went worse than it did.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
View attachment 127943

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , Kurri ★ Kurri ★ - I'm sorry.

There's nothing I can do.
Told ya.
That's a plus? :4megaman:
For me at least, she's pretty good at the game. Sadly she doesn't play Smash Bros anymore, she used to like it a lot.

Also, @ weebs:
If you have been following LWA Twitter...
Episode 15 is Chariot saving Akko.
Let the showdown begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom